rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"Yall White Males the problem": newly-minted, black female BostonU prof

"Yall White Males the problem": newly-minted, black female BostonU prof

Quote:Quote:

In other recent tweets, she said, "Deal with your white (expletive), white people. slavery is a (asterisk)YALL(asterisk) thing,"

OK - despite the obvious disadvantage that blacks had in US & European history, the situation is not nearly as black and white as sold.

Only 1,5% of whites EVER OWNED slaves at the height of US slavery.
Even worse - more prosperous blacks later on could and did own other black slaves:

An estimated 3,000 blacks owned a total of 20,000 black slaves in the year 1860. One study concluded that 28 percent of free blacks owned slaves, which is a far higher percentage than that of free whites who owned slaves.
http://www.lipstickalley.com/showthread....ut-SLAVERY

Another important little known fact is that the first 500.000 slaves in the US were white - and no - they were not indentured servants - they were real slaves:

[Image: irish-slaves-600x391.jpg]

[Image: 1212328.jpg]

I read through excerpts of the book and actually at one time the price for black slaves was 10 times (!) as high as for the mostly Irish & Scottish smaller, less healthy whites slaves. They began to interbreed the white and black slaves and some states even prohibited that practice by law, because it undercut the African black slave trade.

Although your textbooks are silent about it, most historians agree that two-thirds of ALL whites came to the colonies in some form of bondage. Legal papers on both sides of the ocean referred to them as "slaves." White slaves outnumbered black slaves in America throughout the 1600s.

Hundreds of thousands of white slaves were kidnapped and brought to America; their middle-passage death rates were comparable to those of black slaves; they were sold at auction and traded for livestock, they were routinely beaten—sometimes to death—and an estimated one half of them died before gaining freedom. It's possible that more whites came to America against their will than blacks. Historians from both ends of the political spectrum say that white slaves were treated worse than black slaves.

The descendants of the white slaves - partly Cajun - settled in certain areas in the South and then later during the civil war refused to fight for the plantation owners, because some of them still remembered being enslaved by the very same owners for whom they would have had to fight.

I am not excusing slavery at all here - it is a fucked up unethical practice and all cultures should ban it, but I consider the slavery practiced by the Muslim cultures by far more destructive.

Throughout history, every color of the rainbow has owned slaves and been enslaved. The dictionary tells us that the root word of "slave" is "Slav," because Slavic peoples—who are REALLY pale and white—were the primary slave population throughout the Middle Ages. And though your teachers will never tell you this, there have been long stretches of history where Africans have owned white people as slaves! How do you like THEM apples? The empire of Carthage transported white slaves to Africa. The African Moors ruled Spain for 500 years and sent white Christian slaves to Egypt. And poor, defenseless white kids—just like you!—were kidnapped by Muslims during the Children's Crusade and sold into Egyptian slavery.

• ARABS: The word "Abed" means "slave" in Arabic. It also means "black." The "Holy Land" of the Middle East has hosted far more African slaves than North America ever did.

Ah - but yes the "oppressive" white males are the biggest scum on earth. As far as I see it, it was the white males on Earth which ushered in our current civilization, they did plenty of shit, but at least they got that right.

Sounds as if someone is mixing feminism with the usual historical navel-gazing. It is a sad time when a university professor can make statements like that. But God forbid one of them mentions that the rape statistic of 1 in 5 is wrong or that there are gender specific interests or lack of in STEM. Then that guy would be fired quickly.

We should rise above those things by now and just look at each person individually and assess that being on the usual meritocratic measures. I for one can recognize a stupid asshole in any race or gender. I don't need blanket statements & faulty preconceived notions to do that.

But at least let's end it on a positive note:

[Image: s200_saida.grundy.jpg]

WB and discuss the issue over some drinks. She is a hot slim woman and we can differ on a few points - certainly cute enough in my book.

[Image: saida-grundy.jpg]

[Image: tumblr_m6ha2uyfh71rwcc6bo1_400.gif]

Messages In This Thread