rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's the deal with GMO foods?

What's the deal with GMO foods?

Quote: (05-10-2015 10:38 AM)Seadog Wrote:  

Honestly I haven't seen any convincing evidence either way, and a lot of it basically feels like it's on the same tact as 'power lines/cell phones cause cancer' or 'vaccines cause autism'.

There have been studies that suggest that long term cell phone use could increase cancer risk. That doesn't mean they cause cancer outright but that heavy use can increase your chances of getting some forms of cancer.

Vaccines is another issue. Most vaccines have been found to have negative effects on a small percentage of people who use them.

Vaccines have also become a way for Medical corporations to increase there profits. They lobby governments to mandate vaccinations for things that people are unlikely to contract.

One of the more famous recent examples is Gardisil which is supposed to vaccinate against HPV. This virus is supposed to be the cause of many forms of cervical cancer. Only a very small percentage of women will get cervical cancer. Yet the government was mandating the vaccination of all girls.

Is this in the good of the general public or is this just a way to line corporations pockets?

I don't believe that any of these subjects should be viewed in simplistic terms. We shouldn't be for or against all GMO's or vaccines. Instead we should take each vaccine/GMO on a case by case basis.

I also believe that we should have a choice in the matter barring extreme circumstances. So I should be able to buy GMO free food. I also shouldn't have to vaccinate my children when it is mandated not for health reasons, but to line a corporation's pockets at the taxpayer's expense.

Messages In This Thread