rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Two suspects shot dead at Muhammad Art Exhibit

Two suspects shot dead at Muhammad Art Exhibit

Quote: (05-04-2015 10:23 AM)TheWastelander Wrote:  

Why is it that atheists seem to constantly bring up Christianity when extremist Muslims, who don't represent mainstream American Muslims at all, do something bad?

I mean, we even have a President who goes on stage and babbles about the Crusades.

Why do you hate Christianity so much? Just be secure in your non-belief and let it go.

I don't hate Christianity specifically. All religions are equally devoid of truth and reality in my opinion. What I do hate is hypocrisy and a constant attempt to legislate based on superstition, and to invade public space and discourse with useless religious dogma.

The reason I bring up Christianity is because the organizers of this event in Texas want to pretend that it's about free speech and their deeply held 'Merican beliefs in freedom.

The reality is that their understanding of religious freedom is that you are free to be as Christian as you want to be, and that other religions are suspect at best, and idolatrous more likely. The goal of this event was to mock Islam, not promote free speech.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Messages In This Thread