rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

A Plus Size Model in the Swimsuit Edition of Sports Illustrated

A Plus Size Model in the Swimsuit Edition of Sports Illustrated

Quote: (05-01-2015 11:51 AM)Pride male Wrote:  

I dont see too much talk about the fat food industrial complex. How much of the fault is theirs for the obesity epidemic? KFC, Mc Donalds etc.

I would say they together with their lobbying arm as well as their bought and paid off FDA are 90% to blame. (thousands of additives should be instantly banned and subsidies only on healthy food and not bulk crap)

You cannot really believe that people had much more self-control in the 1970s vs. now?

One of my former neighbors was a physician and former Olympic trainer. He met a high Nestle executive in the early 1990s. When the manager told him that they are going to increase the weight of the average citizen by a stated amount my neighbor and friend did not believe him. The Nestle guy then claimed that they have it all correctly calculated - they know exactly how to add addictive substances and incrase the sugar and fat content each year. The chocolate bar of 1988 was not the chocolate bar of 2008 - for one the newer one is much bigger and the effective content of the product is highly different. My friend did not believe him, but then he said that the Nestle predictions were even surpassed. There are many ways to make a profit and when your food is mainly controlled by a few conglomerates in the West, then you get what you get. And it's not only in the supermarkets. The big producers also create a lot of ready-made products that are used in the restaurant business.

Messages In This Thread