rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dealing with Suppressed Anger

Dealing with Suppressed Anger

Boxing used to help me a lot when I was an angry teenager. I wanted to hurt people because I endured a lot of shit from other people for being a fat nerd. A couple years of that got the immediate urges of anger out of my system. I trained with a former amateur boxer and he'd clock me good (wearing headgear) if I was getting too aggressive.

Longer-term anger comes from leaving some mental or emotional need unfulfilled. Religion, meditation, yoga, and/or a martial art can help you develop a mindset that can more readily accept and anticipate future gratification. Listen to Mike Cernovich's podcasts about mindset. You can learn to stop and question yourself every time you're dealing with an emotion that's not helpful. You don't want to suppress the emotions but instead understand why you're feeling what you're feeling in a moment and talk to yourself about what's going to get you through it. Your left-brain knows what to do when your right-brain isn't overwhelming it with a emotion, and engaging yourself logically lets the left-brain take over.

"Who cares what I think?" - Jeb Bush

Messages In This Thread