rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Big Career Dilemna: stay expat or come back to Vietnam to be boss?

Big Career Dilemna: stay expat or come back to Vietnam to be boss?

Quote: (04-20-2015 05:26 PM)El Chinito loco Wrote:  

Look at it this way.. if you asked my Thai friends if they could turn the clock back and invest in some real estate and businesses in Bangkok way back in the late 90's-early 00 half of them would probably give their left nut to do so.

Same thing with the few Mainland Chinese friends I have. They would give their left nut to invest back then in either Beijing or Shanghai.

All of them simply didn't have money or resources back then but you do.

That is the situation Vietnam is in right NOW.

Thanks for reminding me about the developing country real estate game. I assumed you were just taking over the hotel licenses and equipment etc. and the actual building was only a lease. If it is a prime area or it will be in 10 years you should absolutely take this offer.

This is the same thing in Turkey. I got a brand new BMW the day I started college in the '00s because my parents (especially my mother) worked like hell throughout the '80s - '90s and made wise real estate investments. Even the $50k condo I got in Istanbul in 2007 was worth around $300k in 2013. This is the developing country real estate game. It's a developing country which means there's still room for development and it will be exponentially hard to acquire wealth as the country develops.

I'm not boasting or anything, I could only have these things because my parents were smart. The not-so-smart Turks in the '80s immigrated to Germany because they wanted decent living right there and then, and Germany had very good living standards compared to Turkey. Today, aside from the entrepreneurial few, they continue to live frugally and get constantly shat on by the locals of their countries.

Like I said if you see potential for growth, don't miss it! Don't think about right now, think about 10 years later. Maybe buy the building and just hold it and run it in 2 years after you get your citizenship.

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

Messages In This Thread