Roosh V Forum
On Abundance Mentality - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Game (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-2.html)
+--- Thread: On Abundance Mentality (/thread-52864.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

On Abundance Mentality - HankMoody - 01-09-2016

I remember a few years ago after my divorce how desperately I wanted a girlfriend. I was hoping to find "The One." Then my life would be complete, I'd be happy, maybe have kids and buy a house in the suburbs. I was lonely living by myself.

Notch count high, and with a great circle of friends, a girlfriend is the last thing I want.

Today my house is silent. I'm alone. And it's glorious. My professional writing is flowing, I'm being productive, and making money. Life is good.

This morning I get a text:

"Hank, I want to see you. I miss you."
"busy"
"I feel like you're not all that into me... [Image: sad.gif]"
[no response]

Frankly, she's right. Women are mostly a minor annoyance at this point. They're expendable, and often interchangeable.

So, if you're fretting over not having a girlfriend, or that girl you just so want to be with who isn't into you, here is what you should know...

1. There are plenty of hot single women out there. Every single day I am astonished at how many single women are out there, looking for a masculine man. Thanks to feminism, casual sex has never been so readily available. Women come, and women go. It's the circle of life!

2. The competition is weak. By being a member of the RVF, reading game, and going to the gym, you are ahead of about 90% of the other guys out there. Men are rapidly being feminized, which makes them less attractive to women. Not you.

3. There is no hurry. A man should not even consider marriage until he is at least 30. Your sexual value continues to go up as you get older, even into your late 30s. Hers declines. You can date hot chicks into your 40s and even 50s. (Just ask some of the guys around here). There's no rush to lock a woman down. Too many of them out there.

On the flipside, women are mostly used up by 32 - 35. After 35 years old, pregnancy becomes high risk.

Why pay top dollar for a depreciating asset?

4. Inner game is a matter of abundance mentality. You want women to be attracted to you? Make it known that you have other options, and they're not your first priority. Once you realize you have options, your game goes to another level.

5. Women are a distraction. I know you've watched romcoms where a woman manages to complete a man's life. Let's be realistic here. Women want one thing more than anything else - to be entertained. They want to be taken to dinner, to go on trips, and anything else to avoid being bored. And of course, they want to show all their friends how awesome their lifestyle is, so they post everything on Facebook. But while you're out to dinner or at a show, that's time you could be spending writing a book, building your business, going to the gym, or doing something else that develops you.

6. Being single is easy. I have a saying. "You know what's hard about being in your 30s, having a few dollars, and being single? NOTHING!" Yes, you absolutely can run around like a playboy. While your friends are barely making a mortgage payment for that big house, staying up late with the kids, and having sex with their wife who is now 50lbs overweight, you can enjoy a lifestyle of luxury, pleasure, and hot women.

7. Marriage can destroy you physically, emotionally, and financially. As an attorney who does some divorce work, I have to say this is pretty accurate:

[Image: 21st_century.jpg]

8. Game isn't rocket science. You want to know all you need to know about getting women? I could write a book on Game that is like 3 paragraphs long.

- Go to the gym and get some muscles; subtract some fat
- Groom yourself (unless you're a bartender, DJ, or degenerate who doesn't have to)
- Don't talk to women like they're better than you, or you're desperate for them. Carry yourself like you're the prize.
- Actually try.

That's basically it. I do recommend you read Bang, Day Bang, Mystery Method, etc., but it's the basics that matter most.

9. Don't marry the first girl you fuck. One big mistake I see men make is getting into and staying in "meh" relationships. The relationship is okay, she's sort of cute, and he has no real reason to break up with her, so it lasts way longer than it should. The reason they do that is because they think their first girl is going to be their last. Not true.

10. Embrace Being a Player: I've heard it before. "Hank, your womanizing is going to get you a bad reputation. People know about you. Different girls all the time. It's going to get around." Blah blah blah.

Truth be told, when your "reputation" gets around, it actually has the affect of attracting more and hotter women. Women would rather fuck a man in high demand than one in low demand.

11. If you want a girlfriend, they're easier to acquire when you're not looking. When I first got into this, my focus was on finding a girlfriend. You know, meeting women and establishing meaningful connections with them. Someone to stay in and watch Netflix with, or to be my partner in crime as I travel around the world. That mentality actually led to far less options. My casual approach towards dating has the affect of women constantly trying to lock down a relationship. Now it's not a matter of not being able to find a girlfriend, it's a matter of trying to avoid relationships or get out of them.

Here is the bottom line, though. Not having a girlfriend and spinning plates leads to a lifestyle where you have more time, money, and focus on yourself. If you want a girlfriend or wife more power to you. But just remember that there's no hurry, and you can be selective.

On Abundance Mentality - 262 - 01-09-2016

Abundance mentality in song format, brought to you by 80s hair metal band Ratt:

Because it's easy to have abundance mentality when you're literally stinking from so much poosy [Image: wink.gif]

On Abundance Mentality - Saweeep - 01-09-2016

I've got to say Hank, that I'm pretty bored of these verbose, re-hashed, rep-chasing threads of yours.

Ebook incoming I presume.

Got any original material?

On Abundance Mentality - Cobra - 01-09-2016

Quote: (01-09-2016 10:00 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

I've got to say Hank, that I'm pretty bored of these verbose, re-hashed, rep-chasing threads of yours.

I may get a lot of flak for this but I think I've earned the privilege to be honest here. I was actually giving him the benefit of the doubt but glad someone else is noticing this.

@Hank, it's cool if you're writing these posts from experience. Your writing is great. BUT are you an actual player with real world experience? OR are you marketing like CrashBangWallop asks?

I asked you if you've met other forum members. On top of this, another forum member I know well personally, Dantes, ended up disagreeing with your Story on Frame thread. Your post received a lot of likes and even more reps. His post received very little. A player like him doesn't post on the forum much but has success that I personally can vouch for. As a matter of fact, I have a lot less game but more rep points than him. When you didn't respond to Dantes' post, I knew there was something going on. You have some really well written posts, but absolutely no rep points from members you have met and as far as I know, no one has seen your game personally.

I will reiterate my caution to newbies. It makes a lot of sense if you see a good post in the Deep or Everything else forum and rep a member for their "views." However, when you get into Game posts, it's tricky. That's because we're moving beyond view points into a territory called "experience." That means if the poster has not met any forum members and no one has seen them game after 60+ rep points, there is something fishy.

Don't believe everything you READ on the Internet unless backed with credibility like these guys have: Analysis of RVF Members Game.

Hank, I strongly suggest you end up in this thread at some point: Which forum members have you met?

The confusion created between reading "viewpoints" versus "actual game experiences" will hurt a newbie's game. Luckily, Hank's post is a rehash of stuff (as it usually is) that can already be found here or elsewhere in the manosphere.

On Abundance Mentality - HankMoody - 01-10-2016

I have a real job as a lawyer and real estate developer. This is just fun. I will never understand how anyone makes money doing it. I write this shit because I'm bored and it's the advice I was looking for a few years ago.

That's what writers do. We write. Same reason I started a legal blog - I'm a trial lawyer but occasionally I write it all down. Not to make money, but because I have something to say. Some stories are worth telling.

I'd post all this on my personal blog but that would get me in a heap ton of trouble with the SJWs (after getting sued for defamation twice, winning, but paying a heapload of cash in legal fees, I pick and choose my battles carefully using my real name). There is a professional consequence when you write about these things under your real name. Unfortunately, there just is.

You'll never see an e-book for me. I'll never be a "dating coach." I have nothing to sell. It's all based on real life experience, and writing is my outlet. Why this topic? Because I started over in the dating scene at 30 years old. These are my musings, and it's been a weird journey. The good, the bad, and the ugly. I've morphed from a blue pill, idealistic romantic liberal into a very different person over the last few years. It makes awkward conversation in real life, and this is one of the few forums where I can express my thoughts and be understood.

And if you guys care, I wrote this on the morning of an LTR breakup that went down like this...

"Hank, can we cuddle?"
"I'm busy."
"I texted you a few days ago, I really want to talk about where this relationship is going."
"Look, seriously, I'm in the middle of something. Can't it wait a few hours?"

She got pissed and stormed out. Ubered home, and took all her stuff from my house. But I couldn't muster up any fucks. I finished the important stuff I had to do and fired up the RVF. Part of me was wondering why I couldn't feel anything. Am I just a fucked up person now with no emotion? (ironically, the same girl I wrote about in the thread 'A Story on Frame').

That was my morning. Sitting around thinking about why I don't care anymore when women walk out of my life, just like the last few have. I chalked it up to abundance mentality, but maybe game has just left me a terrible person. Who knows? Hence, this post.

Also, I offered to host a meetup on mens day at my office in Philly. I was at the Battle of Toronto. Not that I need anyone's approval. Like what I write, hate what I write, I don't care. It's not for you, it's for me. But sometimes people enjoy reading what I put out there.

On Abundance Mentality - Feldeinsamkeit - 01-10-2016

Quote: (01-09-2016 10:52 AM)HankMoody Wrote:  

I remember a few years ago after my divorce how desperately I wanted a girlfriend. I was hoping to find "The One." Then my life would be complete, I'd be happy, maybe have kids and buy a house in the suburbs. I was lonely living by myself.

Notch count high, and with a great circle of friends, a girlfriend is the last thing I want.

Today my house is silent. I'm alone. And it's glorious. My professional writing is flowing, I'm being productive, and making money. Life is good.

This morning I get a text:

"Hank, I want to see you. I miss you."
"busy"
"I feel like you're not all that into me... [Image: sad.gif]"
[no response]

Frankly, she's right. Women are mostly a minor annoyance at this point. They're expendable, and often interchangeable.

So, if you're fretting over not having a girlfriend, or that girl you just so want to be with who isn't into you, here is what you should know...

1. There are plenty of hot single women out there. Every single day I am astonished at how many single women are out there, looking for a masculine man. Thanks to feminism, casual sex has never been so readily available. Women come, and women go. It's the circle of life!

2. The competition is weak. By being a member of the RVF, reading game, and going to the gym, you are ahead of about 90% of the other guys out there. Men are rapidly being feminized, which makes them less attractive to women. Not you.

3. There is no hurry. A man should not even consider marriage until he is at least 30. Your sexual value continues to go up as you get older, even into your late 30s. Hers declines. You can date hot chicks into your 40s and even 50s. (Just ask some of the guys around here). There's no rush to lock a woman down. Too many of them out there.

On the flipside, women are mostly used up by 32 - 35. After 35 years old, pregnancy becomes high risk.

Why pay top dollar for a depreciating asset?

4. Inner game is a matter of abundance mentality. You want women to be attracted to you? Make it known that you have other options, and they're not your first priority. Once you realize you have options, your game goes to another level.

5. Women are a distraction. I know you've watched romcoms where a woman manages to complete a man's life. Let's be realistic here. Women want one thing more than anything else - to be entertained. They want to be taken to dinner, to go on trips, and anything else to avoid being bored. And of course, they want to show all their friends how awesome their lifestyle is, so they post everything on Facebook. But while you're out to dinner or at a show, that's time you could be spending writing a book, building your business, going to the gym, or doing something else that develops you.

6. Being single is easy. I have a saying. "You know what's hard about being in your 30s, having a few dollars, and being single? NOTHING!" Yes, you absolutely can run around like a playboy. While your friends are barely making a mortgage payment for that big house, staying up late with the kids, and having sex with their wife who is now 50lbs overweight, you can enjoy a lifestyle of luxury, pleasure, and hot women.

7. Marriage can destroy you physically, emotionally, and financially. As an attorney who does some divorce work, I have to say this is pretty accurate:

[Image: 21st_century.jpg]

8. Game isn't rocket science. You want to know all you need to know about getting women? I could write a book on Game that is like 3 paragraphs long.

- Go to the gym and get some muscles; subtract some fat
- Groom yourself (unless you're a bartender, DJ, or degenerate who doesn't have to)
- Don't talk to women like they're better than you, or you're desperate for them. Carry yourself like you're the prize.
- Actually try.

That's basically it. I do recommend you read Bang, Day Bang, Mystery Method, etc., but it's the basics that matter most.

9. Don't marry the first girl you fuck. One big mistake I see men make is getting into and staying in "meh" relationships. The relationship is okay, she's sort of cute, and he has no real reason to break up with her, so it lasts way longer than it should. The reason they do that is because they think their first girl is going to be their last. Not true.

10. Embrace Being a Player: I've heard it before. "Hank, your womanizing is going to get you a bad reputation. People know about you. Different girls all the time. It's going to get around." Blah blah blah.

Truth be told, when your "reputation" gets around, it actually has the affect of attracting more and hotter women. Women would rather fuck a man in high demand than one in low demand.

11. If you want a girlfriend, they're easier to acquire when you're not looking. When I first got into this, my focus was on finding a girlfriend. You know, meeting women and establishing meaningful connections with them. Someone to stay in and watch Netflix with, or to be my partner in crime as I travel around the world. That mentality actually led to far less options. My casual approach towards dating has the affect of women constantly trying to lock down a relationship. Now it's not a matter of not being able to find a girlfriend, it's a matter of trying to avoid relationships or get out of them.

Here is the bottom line, though. Not having a girlfriend and spinning plates leads to a lifestyle where you have more time, money, and focus on yourself. If you want a girlfriend or wife more power to you. But just remember that there's no hurry, and you can be selective.

"Carry yourself like you're the prize"

100%. I used to get no eye-contact with women in the UK on the street until around 6 months ago. After having digesting the red pill and developed a certain swagger in the way I carry myself as a result of genuinely no longer pedestalizing pussy, I regularly get even much younger women checking me out on the street.

On Abundance Mentality - cosworth - 01-10-2016

I personally like your posts Hank , yeah some of its been said before , but its kind of a summary in a well written easy to understand way.

Fair play for at least putting yourself up to ridicule , I know some of the posts you wrote previously attracted a few personal attacks.
You certainly don't claim to be a "expert at game" or a "true player" . Your last post in frame control , ok it might not have been the very best way to handle the situation but at least you fucking did something ! Which as you admit that only a couple of years ago would have been a different outcome.

I look forward to reading more of your posts, they may not be the best game plan in the world but I still enjoy reading them !

On Abundance Mentality - reino341 - 01-10-2016

IMO If you have an issue with Hank's writings, attack his argument and not himself.

I don't see what difference it makes if he's met other RVF members or not, game should recognize game.

p.s. For anyone interested, Hank talks about his story in an interview on Torero's podcast.

On Abundance Mentality - General Stalin - 01-10-2016

Abundance is empowering as long as you can get the willpower to internalize it. I've said it plenty of times before. I struggle with it myself plenty, but I have an abundance story for you:

Been casually seeing this girl for the past couple months or so. Was actually kind of relieved to be hanging with a girl that was pleasant and available so I could take a breather from trying to game strange for a while. I noticed a few weeks ago that she started getting difficult. One of those types that thinks its cute to be sarcastic, disagreeable, and push buttons. We made plans to hit up a midnight movie this weekend. I ordered tickets and asked her to think of something for dinner before the movie. She was being difficult about it. I already saw where this was going.

I went to her place after I made my own dinner. The vibe was awkward and tense from the onset. She wasn't apologetic, compassionate, or pleasant - still acting like an annoying immature child trying to turn everything into a power-game. So, after sitting and chatting for 10 minutes I just got up and said "I'm going to this movie alone" and walked out. Fee great today and have a weight of my shoulders. Plenty of other pussy this city, and more agreeable and prettier too.

Quote: (01-09-2016 10:00 PM)CrashBangWallop Wrote:  

Yeah a lot of what he has posted is old news. Although, I believe there is some value in bringing up old shit now and again, especially for newbies and guest lurkers who don't know what to search for can just go onto the main page and still read the basic tenets.

EDIT: Also, this is not one of those stories where I'm gonna tell you she texted me later on saying she was sorry and wants to play nice and make it up to me. This was last night and I haven't heard from her. Thats not the point. The point is I was perfectly fine with walking away and feel better having done it and feel no legitimate loss.

On Abundance Mentality - Rocha - 01-10-2016

Quote: (01-10-2016 11:05 AM)reino341 Wrote:  

IMO If you have an issue with Hank's writings, attack his argument and not himself.

I don't see what difference it makes if he's met other RVF members or not, game should recognize game.

p.s. For anyone interested, Hank talks about his story in an interview on Torero's podcast.

Isn't this the guy who got caught paying some girls to be in his pick up video?

On Abundance Mentality - HankMoody - 01-10-2016

Quote: (01-10-2016 11:53 AM)Rocha Wrote:  

Not me. I wasn't on a podcast, nor do I make pickup videos (or any videos).

If I did, it would just be me sitting in a bar hanging out with my friends.

On Abundance Mentality - BadgerHut - 01-10-2016

Getting back to the writing itself - love how this tract is part description, part mindset, part instruction. That means one can learn from it repeatedly; a great piece to revisit every few seasons/years.

On Abundance Mentality - reino341 - 01-10-2016

Quote: (01-10-2016 12:14 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Not me. I wasn't on a podcast, nor do I make pickup videos (or any videos).

If I did, it would just be me sitting in a bar hanging out with my friends.

Thanks for clearing that up and apologies for the confusion. Two guys with the same name and a quite similar background.

On Abundance Mentality - birthday cat - 01-10-2016

+1 to CrashBangWallop and Cobra

First let me say that I'm not trying to hate on HankMoody. I think Hank is summarizing a lot of what he has read and learned about game which I don't have a problem with. However, I think each of his threads should include more on where he has obtained all the information he is writing about as well as how much game experience and skill he actually has.

He has started many threads and received a lot of rep points which suggests that he is an expert but he is probably more like an advanced beginner or intermediate who is summarizing concepts that he has read about and had a little experience with. However, he lacks the perspective that experience brings. His advice might work well in a specific situation but he doesn't have the experience to understand that his advice doesn't work well in other situations.

Game should recognize game and game experts on this forum should recognize when a forum member is being falsely treated as an expert. I think that is what is happening and in my opinion it should happen more often. Again I'm not hating on Hank because I don't think he proclaimed to be an expert but a lot of guys on the forum are treating him as an expert when he isn't quite there yet. He writes about broad topics and perhaps he should narrow those topics to things he has more experience with.

The +1 to CrashBangWallop and Cobra isn't about calling out Hank specifically but I've liked what I've read from those guys before and I think this forum could benefit from more constructive criticism from guys like them.

On Abundance Mentality - 262 - 01-10-2016

If I recall correctly, Torero was caught once, and admitted to it.

His stuff is still good though.

Like anything else on the Internet - including Hank's advice - try it before you criticize it (unless trying it would be costly in some way).

On Abundance Mentality - Cobra - 01-10-2016

Quote: (01-10-2016 03:40 PM)birthday cat Wrote:  

+1 to CrashBangWallop and Cobra

First let me say that I'm not trying to hate on HankMoody. I think Hank is summarizing a lot of what he has read and learned about game which I don't have a problem with. However, I think each of his threads should include more on where he has obtained all the information he is writing about as well as how much game experience and skill he actually has.

He has started many threads and received a lot of rep points which suggests that he is an expert but he is probably more like an advanced beginner or intermediate who is summarizing concepts that he has read about and had a little experience with. However, he lacks the perspective that experience brings. His advice might work well in a specific situation but he doesn't have the experience to understand that his advice doesn't work well in other situations.

Game should recognize game and game experts on this forum should recognize when a forum member is being falsely treated as an expert. I think that is what is happening and in my opinion it should happen more often. Again I'm not hating on Hank because I don't think he proclaimed to be an expert but a lot of guys on the forum are treating him as an expert when he isn't quite there. He writes about broad topics and perhaps he should narrow those topics to things he has more experience with.

[Image: agree.gif]

I am going to go on a limb here; I normally don't agree with newbies, but birthday cat, you have some good meetup reps from some respected members as well as real world information. Your 9 rep points from the member meetups and actual data sheets mean a lot more to me than Hank's 60+. I hope this is making sense to newbies now.

Let me reiterate: Real world information vs.. Great writing that is persuasive enough to look real. Now let me be even more real and tell you where my suspicions come from. I was an auditor of the Financial information of some of the largest companies in the world (including Verizon). This information included "disclosures," to the SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission - regulators of public companies in the United States) which were written to explain the numbers. A lot of that information was written by the company's General Counsel (aka head lawyer). I was trained to watch for inconsistencies. On top of that when there were inconsistencies, I would have to persuade the company that I'm right instead of them. It took a lot of work. Over 7 years of doing it, I got very good at it without even knowing it. I'm not talking about a few thousand dollars worth of inconsistencies; I am talking billions. Story has to hang tight there.

I can't be any clearer than this. Persuasive writing is something that pokes its head out more than often in the manosphere. To the keen eye (those that have gamed) there will be inconsistencies between that writing and real world experience. So, yes, game recognizes game. However, in this case, game also recognizes non-game. I already illustrated that in my last post when Dantes (an actual player on the forum with invaluable insight) provided an alternate view to Hank's posts. Dantes has 53 rep points and Hank has 65 with a lower amount of posts. He even has more likes than I do. After Dantes made that post he got maybe 2 rep points. Hank got to 65 with just some great threads. Let me put this yet another way. Dantes is putting real world information in here including solid data because he is giving to the community. Hank, on the other hand is using the forum as an outlet. It actually is pretty frustrating to me that people don't recognize the difference.

I am also not hating on Hank. I told him this personally via PM. It's fine to use the forum as an outlet. Lots of people do. At some point, so did I. However, he has to understand what he's doing. He is a great writer (and probably a great lawyer to boot). He's using these skills in persuading members that don't know much better, eventually obtaining more respect than he has earned. He needs to understand what it takes to earn that respect. When I started on the forum, I was determined to earn rep points using meetups because I knew I would gather more acceptance that way. It was more important for me to be accepted into the community and respected more than anything else. My issue is that Hank is not worried about being accepted but he is being given praise without that sentiment. He is on his way to be a top member without putting in that effort of actual data sheets or meetups (like birthday cat or Dantes). He implies that he doesn't feel like doing that since he doesn't want to. However, as a member who has received such praise on the forum, it's a respectable thing to return the gratitude by following some suggestions. That's humility. I truly believe he is preying on the naive portion of the forum membership, however unconsciously it may be. While that's not his fault, I am taking a wild guess that he is smart enough to know this deep inside.

Tuth called him out on his first thread: thread-49932...pid1094106 which he later cleared up. I don't know how it was cleared up but it was. I am taking an educated guess that his persuasive writing is so good that he understands very well how to walk back and convince others of his view points effectively. The guy is that good at writing; and I know the difference.

Hank, I'm not mad at you but have a bit more respect to the membership man. It's a request (not an order) based on a larger credibility issue we have on the forum. Hopefully you can appreciate that.

On Abundance Mentality - scorpion - 01-10-2016

I don't think this criticism of Hank is warranted. From what I've seen most of what he's posted is very solid stuff. Maybe not groundbreaking in scope, but certainly helpful both for newer guys and as reminders/refreshers for the more experienced. Is he chasing rep with all these threads? Maybe. But who cares? He's adding value to the forum to earn that rep. Rep comes from making posts that people find informative, helpful, enlightening or entertaining. Obviously Hank is doing something right if he's building up a lot of rep quickly. The hating on him reeks of jealousy and rep envy. It's unbecoming.

Further, the idea that members have to meet each other to earn "more credible" rep is erroneous. Christian McQueen met dozens of members from this forum and had many personal endorsements, and yet look how that turned out. Reputation on the forum is just a simple, democratic measure of how many people enjoy your posts. That's it. Treating it like a popularity contest to be gamed or as a ranking system to be climbed is the wrong approach. Since Hank said in this thread that he has no intention of promoting an e-book or any other product, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. The alternative is to basically shut down a guy for making too many helpful and popular posts - obviously that would be completely stupid and run counter to the purpose of the forum.

Cobra, I think you and the others should relax a little. It's good to be protective of our community here, but witch hunts based on zero evidence are not helpful. If HankMoody is a fraud or some sort of huckster, he will be outed in due time. But he's done nothing to earn that sort of suspicion in my view - he's simply made quality posts and earned a lot of rep quickly. That being the case, we should encourage Hank to keep posting - because if he is a fraud his mask will inevitably slip, at which point he will be banned, and if he is not a fraud, he will continue to enrich the forum with quality posts.

On Abundance Mentality - Stimulus - 01-10-2016

This rep. talk is kind of making me feel like I'm prohibited to post in this topic. Newb, no rep points, sounds like noone is going to even read my post..

I somewhat had the same feel about this hunting for likes/rep points thing because of the sheer amount of threads coming from Hank the past few weeks (and let's be real, the guy also likes bragging) and it kind of struck me that his 'likes given' are quite low.

However in my opinion that doesn't mean these threads are worthless, on the contrary. As being a newb a lot of what Hank is dropping is stuff I very recently read, yet I find it's a good thing reading stuff over and over again from different perspectives. Honestly I don't really care if it's summarizing what can be found elsewhere, because it's noticable he's a pretty good writer and his posts are -for me as a non native English speaker-quite easy to read.

So real world player or marketing-guru, what he's dropping is pretty much what the proven players advocate. Hank may be recycling but I do not see any harm done to us newbs if we read and pick up knowledge from his threads/posts. Especially since every member can drop his 2 cents so bullshit will be filtered out in no time nonetheless.

On a sidenote: what if a guy like MiXx made a new account, and contributed some of his extensive knowledge? Should he be ignored because he's 'new', hasn't got any rep points and might be preaching old news in his own personal way of delivering it?

Good stuff = good stuff. To me, a newb, it doesn't matter if it's Roosh, Hank, or some other newb sharing it with all of us.

On Abundance Mentality - Rocha - 01-10-2016

Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction, so why the need to try to turn fiction into reality?
Hank is a good writer and storyteller, and his stories and morale in it can help some people to think about or remember some game aspects.
The problem at least for me is that his stories are in the first person, wich brings another dimension to the discussion. And what could be great fictituous chronicle,
can turn out beeing deceiving writing.

On Abundance Mentality - anal? - 01-10-2016

I absolutely agree with Scorpion. The fact that a member hasn't met other members from here doesn't automatically mean he should not be taken seriously if what he is saying actually does make sense. I have met two low reped members on here who actually held their own well infield. Cobra I'm sure you have met the member "LightStream", he barely has seven rep points but is very knowledgeable when it comes to game. Should the advice he gives be disregarded because he has low rep points?.

Hank's posts may come off as used and digested material for those who have been here since 2010 but it serves as a reminder to a lot of us who get comfortable because we got into an LTR with a feminine 9 who gives us pussy on demand and can actually make a decent home cooked meal in modern day Merica. A lot of men would get comfortable with that kind of deal and forget the true essence of game and the true nature of women.

Hank's post was absolutely helpful to me today and I'm far from a rookie when it comes to gaming females. The essence of this forum is to help out each other be better men. The fact you already know something about a post doesn't make it worthless. Hundreds of guys join this forum monthly not counting those lurking. So I can guarantee you Cobra that Hank's posts does help newbies and those who have been here since the start of this forum.

On Abundance Mentality - getdownonit - 01-10-2016

Quote: (01-10-2016 01:44 AM)HankMoody Wrote:  

I was at the Battle of Toronto.

This shouldn't be too hard to clear up.

Surely someone here has met OP if he was at the battle of toronto with dozens of other forum guys.

This matters because rep points matter, although roosh gets the final say on self promotion, as he should.

I'm very glad to have had the opportunity to meet and speak with well over 50 forum guys, many all too briefly at Roosh's NYC lecture last summer, and am honored that 24 of them have taken the time to rep me on here.

Likes, who gives a fuck and it also functions as a sort of bookmarking tool.

On Abundance Mentality - birthday cat - 01-10-2016

I almost didn't post what I'm about to post because of exactly what Stimulus said - I don't have enough reputation to disagree with guys like HankMoody and Scorpion without being ripped to shreds on this forum like I've seen happen to other guys before. I guess I just don't care anymore.

I don't have a problem with Scorpion but with all due respect I think he is wrong. This isn't a "witch hunt" because several guys in this thread and in other threads have tried to tactfully address the situation. It isn't "with zero evidence" because Hank has been called out before.

I read this forum to get expert level information from some of the very advanced guys that we are lucky to have on this forum. Most of those guys are all at 50 rep points and above. I don't have a problem with Hank as an individual because I don't think he has bad intentions; however, I have a problem with a guy getting elevated to an expert level on this forum when he is just summarizing other people's writing. I've probably read over 1000 Heartiste posts and in my opinion too much of Hank's writing looks too similar to Heartiste without enough credit being given to Heartiste. Hank may not be doing it intentionally but he is getting a lot of his rep points from newbies that don't realize they are reading summaries of Heartiste's writing from 5 or 10 years ago and that is a credibility issue for the forum. Examples - On Text Game and On LTR Game.

Another example - the thread Easy Game Tip for Short Guys and My Hobbit Brothers is simply incorrect information. Suggesting that typical boots increase your height by 3-4 inches is false. There are specialty shoes that are made specifically to increase height by several inches but legitimate style experts consistently say that guys should avoid those shoes because they make a guy's body look un-proportional and odd. But you can't call out a guy for incorrect information if he has a high rep count because you will get hated on even if you try to do it tactfully.

Then there is the post A Story On Frame and it gets liked over 50 times before some experts have to explain how he should have handled the situation. If Hank doesn't have over 60 rep points from summarizing other people's information then he doesn't get 50 likes and newbies aren't as likely to believe his information is accurate. So you guys can hate me, tell me I need to relax, call me an SJW, ban me, whatever. I don't care because it is credibility problem and if guys like Cobra and CrashBangWallop can't criticize this pattern of posts that has been happening for months then I don't care what people think of me.

I don't think anyone is saying that Hank should stop making threads. I'm saying that Hank and some other less experienced guys (like myself) should make threads about narrower topics that they have more experience with and not rely so much on summarizing information that has been written about before.

On Abundance Mentality - OGNorCal707 - 01-10-2016

I think some guys take this forum too seriously, I think everyone on here has made good points, but at the end of the day I'm not sweating another dude, how many rep points he's got, or whether anyone else has met him or whatever. Sometimes you get the sense that some members are "chasing rep points" with certain posts, personally I think anyone who gets too into receiving "likes" or "rep points" are just seeking some kind of validation to feed the ego, and that is usually born out of some level of low self-esteem.

Self-promotion has been a problem on the forum in the past, I thought it was wack how McQueen was basically "building his brand" on the forum in order to sell e-books and gain clients for his "Vegas Experience", I have no stake in this forum, but it just seems disingenuous when a guy poses on the forum like he's here to help people, when in reality it's all a marketing ploy.

I've got to admit I was starting to question whether Moody was posting all these threads in an attempt at promoting a blog, book, or selling a product of some sort, but if what he says is true about being a lawyer and having no ulterior motives, than I can respect that.

In a lot of ways I feel like Moody has been carrying the game forum lately with his posts, so I'm not going to hate, because he's adding value with seemingly no intent of self-promotion, that's cool in my book, but often times guys do drop a lot of threads in the hopes of getting "likes" or "rep points".

I hate to critique Hank, but I'd agree with what's been said about his write ups being "formulaic" with a lot of him repeating the same points, and trying to create a certain persona that seems to fit inline with "Hank Moody" from Californication.

On Abundance Mentality - cascadecombo - 01-10-2016

You don't need rep to disagree with someone. Make your point with logic and evidence and if anyone disagrees they can do so in turn. On the plus side, you may get fanboys popping out of the closet to entertain the rest of us.

On Abundance Mentality - XXL - 01-11-2016

I don't see what the big deal is anyway. When I see some guy's high rep I go "oh he's kind of popular". That's it. But it doesn't mean he's always on point. As in life, popular does not have to equal very good.

I got over 50. I don't care. You could reset my rep points to zero and it would make no impact on what I posted so far. In fact let's do this.. I'm officially asking the admin to reset my rep points. I want to have zero again and draw people into my posts by my advice, solutions, problem solved, etc, not by some silly green number next to my avatar. I have a lot of good stuff to share. Abundance mentality baby ; )

My solution:
Since people get all butthurt about rep point number and it skews perception about who's who it's better to scratch that system. Let the content defend itself. Besides, I noticed that people often rep a guy justifying it that they like what he posts in general or that they like the specific post and provide a link. This is what LIKES are for. So let's stick to LIKES only. It's better because it shows which specific content users appreciate. It's more accurate in my opinion. Then we could have one "hall of fame" updated thread with most liked threads/replies. Done.

Those titles like "chubby chaser" etc are flawed too. The names imply that the less posts one has the less important he is or less status he has. Which is really dumb. Over 1500 posts count does not make me a true player. Scratch that shit already.