rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

On Text Game

On Text Game

I know this has been written about ad nauseum. This is my random attempt on a sleepy Saturday to compile my thoughts on text game.

Off the bat, text game is very unnatural to me. I'm a writer. My goal is to convey cogent, intelligent, and meaningful thoughts to people who care to read them. When I first got into this, my natural inclination was to write text messages similar to my writing - meaningful, articulate, expressions of the thoughts going on in my brain. Unfortunately, that actually had the affect of turning women off. Gradually, my text game improved, albeit it's completely contrary to my natural style of communication.

Important caveat - if she's into you, short of sending text her missives of your undying love and affection, you can basically text her whatever the fuck you want to text her. If she likes you, she'll move mountains to see you. If she doesn't, she'll flake, not return your texts, and make excuses about how her dog is sick and she can't come out. No matter how solid your "text game" is, it comes down to whether she's attracted to you or not. The most alpha text in the world can't save a situation where the frame has been lost. It just can't.

Given that's the case, in my view, you can't really generate attraction with text messages, but you can fuck it up. Any attraction I've ever generated through text has been by relentlessly keeping frame.

Given that's the case, plus the fact I hate text messaging (typing with my thumbs sucks), I take an extremely minimalist approach to texting. This is what I've found to be very effective:

1. All lowercase, no grammar, and constant abbreviations. "come on wed nite". I do not know why this is effective, or why chicks like it, but they do.

Yes, this goes completely against my actual style of communication. On Facebook, OkCupid, Tinder, everywhere - everything is lowercase with zero punctuation.

It's particularly ironic because I write a blog that people know about (which has even gotten me bangs before).

2. Do not use ? or ask questions as much as practically possible. Instead, issue commands. Do not give her options. "taco loco @ 7pm"

This makes sense - making decisions is hard. Women hate making decisions. When you say shit like "Do you want to get tacos, steak, or Chinese? We could go this place, this place, or that place" you're forcing her to make a decision, which is making her do work. You're forcing her to lead the interaction. That's feminine.

It's your job to make decisions, so make them. "i want steak tonight, lets hit up steak house at 730. ill send u an uber at 7. dress hot"

Issuing commands and making decisions makes the whole thing much easier for her. You're essentially saying "Just do what I say and everything will be fine. I've got everything under control. Let's have a good time." Take command, be in charge, and make the whole night easy for her.

Try and eliminate any questions from your texts. You can even ask questions without asking them by saying stuff like "and this is because...", etc.

3. Do not use LOL or any emocons. That shit is for females. You know what's gayer than getting a text like "Hi Hank! Today my cat jumped up the wall and did something stupid! LOL! Talk to you soon! [Image: blush.gif]"

Nothing.

If one of my male friends sent me that text the response would be "What the fuck?" So what makes you think a female isn't thinking the same thing?

You're a man, act like one.

4. Don't be afraid to ignore text messages.

Your aloofness has to grow with the relationship, as a girl who is on the fence might just say "fuck it." But particularly as things progress, feel free to ignore text messages. You've got better shit to do than look at her selfies or talk about the cat.

I ignore a good 20% - 25% of texts I get from females.

"Hank, this guy said this creepy thing to me at work today, what should I do?"
[no response]
[hours later]
"Hank, watcha doing?"
"playing vids"
"Can I come over?"
"maybe later"

5. Pictures of something are okay from time to time.

"Hank, watcha doing?"
[picture of courtroom]
"trying to avoid jail"

(for those of you who don't know I'm a lawyer)

Dry humor is way better than over the top humor. This would be dumb:

"Hank, watcha doing?"
[picture of courtroom]
"Hopefully they don't find out where the bodies are buried and let me out after 10 years! But man, I'm in so much trouble if they find out about the goat. LOL!"

Google "laconic wit".

6. Zero emotion ever. Picture the most masculine males you know. They're generally stoic, hard to read, and not emotive.

On the other hand, females communicate by expressing their emotion. As a masculine male, you do not. So do not do this in text messages. I.e., do not text stuff like:

"It was so great to see you!"
"I had an AMAZING time last night!"
"Your cat is SO FUNNY!"
"That's AWESOME!"
"I miss you. [Image: undecided.gif]"

Avoid caps and exclamation points. Less is more.

7. On the same note, some goto texts you can use -

"cool"
"ok"
"sure"
"nice"
"i see"
"yeah"
"sweet"
"oh"
"nah"

If you can say it in one word, say it in one word.

This is very useful:

https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2014/03/...t-of-game/

8. At the same time, do not reward flakey or bad behavior. Here is a bad exchange -

"Hey Hank! I know we're supposed to go Steak House tonight around 9, but my dog got sick and I can't come out."
"k"

That's totally submissive, even though it's short. What you're saying is "It's okay you flaked on me at the last minute for something stupid. I sure hope you'll bless me with the pleasure of your company sometime soon, though!"

No.

What you're actually trying to say is "fuck you", without saying it. A good response is nothing at all if she doesn't try and reschedule, or something like "i see", "oh", or "pffft".

"oh" is my goto for bad behavior.

"I made out with ten guys last night!"
"oh"

"You aren't nice to me like Joe beta!"
"oh"

"Sorry, to do this, but I have to cancel on tonight..."
"oh"

"Hank, I can't stand the way you [do this that and the other thing]"
"oh"

"oh" is a way of saying "zero fucks given" in two letters.

9. Do not ever apologize for anything ever over text, and do not have long or serious discussions about anything over it.

"Hank, did you get drunk last night and eat all my leftovers?"
"idk"
"You did, Hank, I know you!!!! I was going to eat them for lunch today, and now I have to eat lunch somewhere else. I'm so mad at you!"
"they were delish"
"You are so disrespectful! We need to have a talk about how you treat me."
[Image: banana.gif]
"That isn't funny!"
[Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif][Image: banana.gif]
"Hank, I'm being serious. We need to have a discussion about how you treat me. Sometimes I feel like you're disrespectful and don't care about my feelings or needs."
"driving, talk to u ltr"

Once you start actually responding, you've fallen into her trap. Don't apologize, and don't have serious discussions about anything over text message.

10. Most of this does not apply to your guy friends. Don't send them gay texts about your feelings, but you can actually send them intelligent, cogent, meaningful thoughts over text messages. My text messages to males are vastly different than what I send to females.

Those are just some of my random musings about text messaging.

On Text Game

I've seen the recommendations before (first and foremost from Heartiste) but I've never been able to wrap my head around why atrocious spelling and using grammar and punctuation like a poorly educated chimpanzee could possibly help any reasonably intelligent man's text game.

I think the common thinking is that it supposedly shows a low effort and non-caring attitude. I have two main problems with that thinking - 1) even if it could make life easier for me with certain girls I refuse to deliberately make myself look like a moron. Which leads to 2) for someone with an IQ above 100 and no or few failing grades in school, it actually takes more effort, not less, to deliberately misspell or shorten words. Even more so these days since the spell check and auto completion on your smartphone will actively fight you on it.

As far as punctuation goes I usually skip it at the end of texts, but will use commas and question marks appropriately (though I do obviously agree with the common wisdom to avoid asking too many questions and make statements instead). I will also capitalize the first letter. Because my phone does it for me anyway.

I have never once in my life used LOL or any variant thereof, and never will. Just doesn't fit with my idea of what a man over 30 should be saying.
Depending on the girl, her writing style, the conversation, the stage of the relationship etc., I will use basic emoticons (smiley face, winky face) sparingly at times where something I'm saying could potentially be misinterpreted as being a lot more serious than it is (I'm rarely a very serious person, but dead pan humour and occasional sarcasm dont always transfer well to text messages).
It also depends on the local culture - from what I've heard about American women it's likely I would stay entirely away from smilies with them. Doesn't seem to be a universal negative at all in various European countries. And with Thai women (only Asian women I have first hand experience with) throw in as many emoticons as you like and preferably some emojis/stickers/whatever and they'll most likely enjoy the chat much more and fuck you if they've already made up their mind to do that, regardless of whether you say anything a bit too stupid or silly.

As far as some of your other observations regarding zero emotion, keeping everything ultra short etc. We just have different styles there.
I don't think you should overdo texting or text chats in various apps - and certainly never give her more than she gives you back, and know how to punish her bad behavior in the right way - but I think text chatting can be an excellent tool to warm up a girl or keep her heated up with wit and teasing. Although with some girls I've been seeing I have quickly concluded that keeping texts to not much more than logistics has been the best course of action. Those are also the types of girls I get bored with extremely quickly.

On Text Game

Depends on what works for you. I know some vets on here who are clowns over text because they are fun energetic dudes and that's there game and it works for them - keeps girls hooked and they love to keep in communication with you if you are fun to chat with etc. It wraps them up on you emotionally.

Most guys here are in the minimalist camp and its a safe way to go. Roosh preaches pure logistics over text and its hard to fuck up with that. Anything beyond that is reserved for face to face time or at least a phone call.

I definitely agree if a girl is really into then it doesn't exactly matter what you text. Keeping things simple keeps an air of mystery, aloofness, and simplicity for your sake.

On Text Game

I found the part on how to respond to bad behaviour insightful. I always knew that you shouldn't react, ever. But then you can't just dismiss it and make her think it's all good.

I've fallen into the trap of trying to talk the girl out of flaking but it will always come across as desperate.

"Oh" is very apt.

I am gald that the rest were things i knew on a subconcious level, i just didn't couldn't list them logically.

On Text Game

Very first text exchange with currently girl I'm dating, not sure if this is helpful. She's a solid 8.5 if you like small girls.

Quick background - we met on OkCupid. I sent her like 4 messages and then was like "u seem cool, lets grab drinks this week at [bar]. shoot me ur cell #" (I'd have to dig the actual exchange off OKC).

This exchange ensued over about two weeks. It's my initial text after getting digits from OKC, up to the bang.
--

Hank Moody:
yo ladycakes, it’s hank from okc. wed is no good for me because i have a thing but thursday looks good
Ladycakes:
Cool cool. Yea, Thursday works better for me too. I've actually been to [bar]. Let's meet there around 8 thursday?
Hank Moody:
sounds like a plan man
Ladycakes:
Cool dude
So can we say 8:15-8:30ish. I'm gonna workout from 6:30-7:30. I don't want to rush tho when I get done
Hank Moody:
sounds good. i have to get back in at crossfit this week. the winter killed me
Ladycakes:
You like crossfit? I've done it once or twice
Hank Moody:
i love it. great community and workout. the hard part is scheduling it and then getting in the gym
Ladycakes:
True. I just had to switch trainers
My schedule just didn't make sense
How long have you done Crossfit?
Hank Moody:
started in 2013. got really hardcore about it in 2014. this year has been rough w the weather and a few jury trials. i am out celebrating w a client and its taking every bit of discipline not to down a plate of tater tots.
Ladycakes:
Dude...gimme a tot
That's good. I like to workout so I can eat whatever I want
Hank Moody:
File Transfer: IMG_0442.JPGgoddammit.

File Transfer: IMG_0442.JPGgoddammit.

[Hank sends a picture of tater tots, with a hot chick in the background]

Ladycakes:
Haha. Good for you!
Let ya know when I'm on my way

[we met up this night in person for the first time]

Hank Moody:
sounds good. i’m still in my 7pm meeting. clients were running late. gotta get changed. i’m not going to [bar] in a suit
Ladycakes:
Haha. Is 9 good then?
Hank Moody:
perfect
on my way
Ladycakes:
In a cab
Here
I got a booth
File Transfer: IMG_5752.JPG
My "I'm almost drunk face" [she sends me a selfie]

[Later that night after we ate dinner, we proceed to hook up and make out in a cab. I get home and get this text]

Ladycakes:
Thanks again. I had a blast
Hank Moody:
cool
Ladycakes:
I still want that unicorn from on the wall.
Hank Moody:
hahaha it's going in my office

[next day]

Hank Moody:
chu doin
Ladycakes:
Hanging out at my apartment, maybe going out with [Roommate] tonight.
Hank Moody:
come out in [my part of the city] tonight
also, [my law partner] got to examine witnesses today in court. it was epic. i cant stop laughing watching him clown them lawyers.
im gonna call u ladycakes mcfancypants from now on

[a few hours later she responds]

Ladycakes:
Hankpants
Whatchya got going on in [your part of the city]?
Hank Moody:
that’s mr. hank fancypants, esquire. we’re probably going to hit up quizzo and karaoke. then one of my buddies is a bartender at [another bar] because meat [hot female friend working at an upscale BBQ joint]
Ladypants:
I LOVE [that bar]
Hank Moody:
it’s like three blocks from my house. uber over. we're all here

[we meet up, have drinks, and then bangs ensue that night. this has been going on since February].
--

As time goes by, my texts get way shorter and more laconic. You have to ease into LTR game.

On Text Game

Recent text exchange with same girl:

[Image: rb08ys.png]

On Text Game

The Hank Moody special - use at your own risk:

[Image: jzaedc.png]

[Image: fomb9c.png]

My point is that your text game doesn't much matter if they're into you. You can literally say nothing. Beyond sending gushing emotional tirades of your undying love and affection, text game is relatively hard to fuck up. Once you're a masculine presence in their life, women will let you know exactly what they're thinking anyway. Why put any work into something they'll do on their own?

Personally, I don't like texting, and prefer to spend as little time with it as humanely possible.

Final note - my game is calibrated to "The Conqueror":

http://www.returnofkings.com/52130/analy...archetypes

Your milage may vary.

On Text Game

"(I'd have to dig the actual exchange off OKC)"

That'd be nice if you could dig that up.

Excellent thread, this is what I do.

On Text Game

Quote: (11-15-2015 04:41 AM)HankMoody Wrote:  

In the attraction spectrum, this girl falls squarely in the extreme side of "totally infatuated with you"

You've captured her hook, line, and sphincter.

My last ex was like this. I could literally blow off her texts for days and she'd still keep texting. When a girl is this hooked, your aloofness only adds to her infatuation. But it didn't start out that way. In the beginning I had to hook her with various texting techniques (role play, innuendo, humor, etc). I met her on pof.

On other ends of the attraction spectrum, these types of extreme indifference (like your example above) may not work as well, at least not in my experience. This seems to be especially true with online or tinder girls that you haven't met in person yet.

In those situations, text/phone call game is all you have to work with. She's going to have 20+ other guys messaging her. Unless you're a Tyler Wondercock with Brad Pitt looks, you have to rely on outcharming the other guys with your messages. You have to be the guy who makes her smile and give her tingles every time she picks up her phone, when every other guy is saying "hey whatsup" "here's an unsolicited dick pic" "omg ur so hot" "when we hangin out?" etc.

I definitely prefer the indifferent texting style you've posted above, but it seems like you can only segue into this after she's completely hooked.

This is just my observation from personal experience. However, part of game is a willingness to adapt to changing poosy market conditions. That's why I enjoy reading these forums and getting feedback from other members.

On Text Game

^ Agreed.

I was seeing a girl earlier this year who was totally into me and she would text me incessantly, and like SFG comments - blowing them off and being aloof only makes them chase harder. That's the simple dynamics of "the one who cares more." If she cares more than you then you have to do no work and the less work you do the more work she will do (to a point).

It's also true, at least from my personal experience, that trying to go all aloof player on a girl you met through online game before actually meeting does not usually work to well because they have zero investment in you and your perceived lack of interest is reflected by them.

On Text Game

Quote: (11-15-2015 08:53 AM)SomeFcksGiven Wrote:  

In the attraction spectrum, this girl falls squarely in the extreme side of "totally infatuated with you"

You've captured her hook, line, and sphincter.

My last ex was like this. I could literally blow off her texts for days and she'd still keep texting. When a girl is this hooked, your aloofness only adds to her infatuation. But it didn't start out that way. In the beginning I had to hook her with various texting techniques (role play, innuendo, humor, etc). I met her on pof.

On other ends of the attraction spectrum, these types of extreme indifference (like your example above) may not work as well, at least not in my experience. This seems to be especially true with online or tinder girls that you haven't met in person yet.

In those situations, text/phone call game is all you have to work with. She's going to have 20+ other guys messaging her. Unless you're a Tyler Wondercock with Brad Pitt looks, you have to rely on outcharming the other guys with your messages. You have to be the guy who makes her smile and give her tingles every time she picks up her phone, when every other guy is saying "hey whatsup" "here's an unsolicited dick pic" "omg ur so hot" "when we hangin out?" etc.

I definitely prefer the indifferent texting style you've posted above, but it seems like you can only segue into this after she's completely hooked.

This is just my observation from personal experience. However, part of game is a willingness to adapt to changing poosy market conditions. That's why I enjoy reading these forums and getting feedback from other members.

All good points. I doubt any girl would want to meet me for the first time if I used my normal laconic style or OKC or Tinder.

That's one of the reason I've mostly stopped using online dating, and instead rely on social circle game and cold approaches. I'll use it sparingly if I'm bored or hit a dry spell.

It's too many people bidding on the same piece of real estate which yields little return. Building attraction through messaging is tough. Then you spend hours messaging, only to have her either flake on you, or the interest just isn't there.

Social circle game and cold approaches are much more effective and efficient.

What I did find is that if your online profile is squared away enough, you can sort of cut to the chase and arrange a date with few messages.

Does this sound familiar?

"Hi there. I'm currently in grad school getting my degree in [healthcare / education / something related to a non-profit]. I'm passionate about traveling, my job, and hiking. I'm a total foodie and love eating at new restaurants. I could never live without my family, my iPhone, coffee, and red wine. Last year I traveled to Spain and backpacked Europe. I can't wait to go back there. Message me if you see something that interests you, and you want to know more."

So, I sort of mirrored what they're looking for:

"I'm Hank Moody, a relatively well known writer and attorney. When I'm not in the courtroom or typing deep thoughts, you can find me traveling around the world, hiking in the mountains, doing Crossfit, or scoping out a restaurant off the beaten path. I'm looking to meet someone who is dynamic enough to enjoy a trip to the opera, isn't afraid to try places off the beaten path, and would enjoy spending a day kayaking in the mountains. Love of live jazz is a must. If you're the type of person who has seen every episode of Desperate Housewives, we're probably not a good fit for each other. But if you're the type of person who wants to travel the globe, try new restaurants, and run around the city, maybe we'd enjoy each other's company."

[Technical side - demonstrations of higher value, mirroring basically every woman's non-feminine interests, an easy neg / disqualification, and "I live a fun adventurous life" which is actually true].

Two pictures - one of me not in a suit, one of me in a suit.

From there I used a very simple opener that gets like a 70% response rate: "hey, i'm kinda new and trying to figure this thing out. what's the stupidest thing anyone has ever said to you on here?"

For the most part, I would just copy paste that line and send it out to every girl that interests me, usually on a Sunday. Because it's a line that lets her tell stories, thereby building comfort, the conversation is easy. Typical conversation:

"hey, i'm kinda new and trying to figure this thing out. what's the stupidest thing anyone has ever said to you on here?"
"This one guy asked me if I could go over to his house, and he could lick my toes. LOL!"
"i gather you said no..."
"LOL! Of course I said no."
"cool pic of spain, thats madrid, right"
"Yeah, have you been there? I went there when I was in college. I loved it there."
"madrid is fun. you know, there's this cool spanish restaurant downtown thats legit. lets grab a glass of wine there next week. i could make tuesday or thursday night work."

All in all, I got a decent amount of bangs from OKC. It went like this:

- First date, have a drink. If she texts me after the date or the next morning, in like Flynn. If she doesn't text me, I assume it's a no go. I do not text women after a date.
- Second date is drinks, resulting at the minimum a kiss, sometimes a bang if I'm able to do the logistics right
- Third date is always a bang

That's how I approached online dating. Your milage may vary.

On Text Game

Quote: (11-15-2015 12:13 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

If she texts me after the date or the next morning, in like Flynn. If she doesn't text me, I assume it's a no go. I do not text women after a date.

There is truth to this, in letting them come to you - which they generally will do if their attraction and interest level is high. I usually have around 50% initiating contact after the first date. The trouble is, what do you think about the "traditional" women who may have attraction but are waiting for YOU to initiate?

I know Heartiste says that if their vagina tingles, they can't stop themselves from texting first, but their lack of initiating first doesn't always guarantee non-interest. I've ran into some girls a year later and they say: "why did you never contact me again?"

So, as a general rule I get your point, but do you worry about some slipping through the net?

On Text Game

Quote: (11-15-2015 01:17 PM)griffinmill Wrote:  

If she texts me after the date or the next morning, in like Flynn. If she doesn't text me, I assume it's a no go. I do not text women after a date.

There is truth to this, in letting them come to you - which they generally will do if their attraction and interest level is high. I usually have around 50% initiating contact after the first date. The trouble is, what do you think about the "traditional" women who may have attraction but are waiting for YOU to initiate?

I know Heartiste says that if their vagina tingles, they can't stop themselves from texting first, but their lack of initiating first doesn't always guarantee non-interest. I've ran into some girls a year later and they say: "why did you never contact me again?"

So, as a general rule I get your point, but do you worry about some slipping through the net?

If I thought the date went well, there was kino, etc., I might throw out a "chu doin" two days later if she hasn't texted me (patience is a masculine virtue - give her some time to text you.)

However, I found that in about 90% of instances where there was mutual chemistry, she would text me after the date. Usually within an hour after it ended or so. They would also normally say something at the end of the date like "We should do this again sometime, Hank... I'd love to see your place."

Women don't exactly hide their feelings.

Before learning game, when a date ended I would usually text something like "Hey Ashely! I had a great time tonight. That waiter was hysterical. We should hang out again soon!" They almost never replied.

At the time I was confused. Now I suspect that my poor text game might have turned away a few I could have banged otherwise.

If she doesn't send you a text after the date or the next day, you have nothing to lose by sending her a follow up text (just keep it short and simple - "chu doin" is one of my favorites). However, I've just found it's usually not necessary, and if you do it wrong, you might accidentally steal defeat from the jaws of victory.

On Text Game

Quote: (11-15-2015 08:53 AM)SomeFcksGiven Wrote:  

All in all, I got a decent amount of bangs from OKC. It went like this:

- First date, have a drink. If she texts me after the date or the next morning, in like Flynn. If she doesn't text me, I assume it's a no go. I do not text women after a date.
- Second date is drinks, resulting at the minimum a kiss, sometimes a bang if I'm able to do the logistics right
- Third date is always a bang

That's how I approached online dating. Your milage may vary.

Agreed. Day game and social circle (or anything that involves a real life face-to-face meet) is far superior to online dating.

That's one thing that really sucks about living in a small town: Very limited opportunities to meet something other than a landwhale lizard on a daily basis.

Online helps broaden the market in my situation.

Btw, consider your okc opener stolen for test purposes [Image: biggrin.gif]

On Text Game

3 dates to bangs is acceptable if you wanna lock a nice girl for a few months but seems like a sizable time investment for a fuck buddy. Why not go for the SNL? The downside is that a significant portion of SNL's would ghost on you, but so what..

On Text Game

Quote: (11-14-2015 01:49 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

1. All lowercase, no grammar, and constant abbreviations. "come on wed nite". I do not know why this is effective, or why chicks like it, but they do.

The irony here is that it's attempting to convey that you don't care about spelling properly...but with auto correct, you actually have to GO BACK and INTENTIONALLY MISSPELL things, which takes more effort.

Got damnit women are retarded.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

On Text Game

Quote: (11-16-2015 05:47 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

The irony here is that it's attempting to convey that you don't care about spelling properly...but with auto correct, you actually have to GO BACK and INTENTIONALLY MISSPELL things, which takes more effort.

I have auto-correct and auto-capitalization turned off. My text messages to males are also lowercase, but they're much more punctuated and sometimes longer.

I also do most of my texting via iMessage.

On Text Game

Quote: (11-16-2015 06:39 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

Quote: (11-16-2015 05:47 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

I have auto-correct and auto-capitalization turned off. My text messages to males are also lowercase, but they're much more punctuated and sometimes longer.

I also do most of my texting via iMessage.

I still don't get it. Well, I get that some women have an attraction to low IQ, poorly educated men - because they on average tend to be more traditionally masculine than a stereotypical bookworm (but there's quite a wide range on the scale from caveman to nutty professor), but even without the auto correction/completion of modern communication devices, I can at most understand using abbreviations for some words.
Actual bad grammar or misspellings are still going to take more effort than writing correctly for anyone of above average intelligence and at least nine years in school.

Looking back over your text examples it doesn't actually look like you're trying to make yourself look like a moron though. No capitalization, some shortened words, keeping mostly to short texts (which is unrelated here), but spelling and grammar is otherwise on point.

On Text Game

Quote: (11-15-2015 10:39 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

^ Agreed.

I was seeing a girl earlier this year who was totally into me and she would text me incessantly, and like SFG comments - blowing them off and being aloof only makes them chase harder. That's the simple dynamics of "the one who cares more." If she cares more than you then you have to do no work and the less work you do the more work she will do (to a point).

It's also true, at least from my personal experience, that trying to go all aloof player on a girl you met through online game before actually meeting does not usually work to well because they have zero investment in you and your perceived lack of interest is reflected by them.

I've discovered the same behavior in my experiences. Although some girls respond well (have to calibrate accordingly) going icy/aloof from the onset often leads to the interaction going nowhere and the meetup never materializing. Building some comfort over text, using humor, screening, and getting her to qualify a bit before meeting works better for me.

On Text Game

Quote: (11-17-2015 12:03 PM)MikeS Wrote:  

I still don't get it. Well, I get that some women have an attraction to low IQ, poorly educated men - because they on average tend to be more traditionally masculine than a stereotypical bookworm (but there's quite a wide range on the scale from caveman to nutty professor), but even without the auto correction/completion of modern communication devices, I can at most understand using abbreviations for some words.
Actual bad grammar or misspellings are still going to take more effort than writing correctly for anyone of above average intelligence and at least nine years in school.

You are being short-sighted. I've put a few of your comments in bold above to point this out.

Women are not attracted to low IQ, poorly educated men. This is just not true. All women generally want a guy who is better educated and more successful than them. They don't necessarily screen for high IQ, but they also do screen for very low IQ.

What women want is a guy with social intelligence, who is driven and can accomplish things. Above average IQ doesn't correlate with this generally.

You can only understand "at most" using abbreviations for some words.

You can't understand that men who have time/attention that is HIGHLY in demand would use lots of abbreviations, very minimal punctuation, and sparse response rate? This happens all the time with internal communications in the corporate world.

You assume that bad grammar and misspellings take more effort than the opposite. That's not true at all. Even very intelligent humans make typographical errors (as an example) and it simply takes more keystrokes to fix those errors. Further, there are very intelligent people that aren't good at typing either on a keyboard or a phone screen. This doesn't make them any less intelligent, it just means that's not a strong skill of theirs.

Also, consider that this is just about the most casual form of communication possible. It's not a resume, it's not even a post on your Facebook. You'll almost never have this re-read by the recipient and it won't be read by anyone else. There's not a lot of incentive to put a ton of effort into it. This kind of abbreviation poor spelling/grammar is inherent to the instant message/online chat space that preceeded texting. It's no surprise that it's commonly accepted, especially amongst women.

Read My Old Blog - Subscribe To My Old Blog
Top Posts - Fake Rape? - Sex With A Tranny? - Rich MILF - What is a 9?

"Failure is just practice for success"

On Text Game

To the guys who read too much into grammar misspelling etc.

It's not that women get wet when they read your poorly written messages. That's not what happens. You don't have to make extra effort to change correct text to make it retarded on purpose. A girl will not get more attracted when you send her "k" instead of "fine". Stupid internet slang is not what works here.

What really works is conveying brevity certainty and initiative. Short, strong, to the point, edgy, messages with no emoticons or decorations look and feel more masculine. As long as you stick to that you can write "you are" instead of moronic "your".

Also, if you like to use humor then your jokes/punchlines should be good enough to be funny without smileys etc. There's some art to it. Game is an artform

On Text Game

Quote: (11-14-2015 12:27 PM)HankMoody Wrote:  

"oh"

"You aren't nice to me like Joe beta!"
"oh"

"Sorry, to do this, but I have to cancel on tonight..."
"oh"

"Hank, I can't stand the way you [do this that and the other thing]"
"oh"

"oh" is a way of saying "zero fucks given" in two letters.

You sound bummed.

I wouldn't even respond to this shit. THAT'S zero fucks given.

And btw,

*blocks number*

- The Don

On Text Game

Btw, if you're black. DO NOT MISSPELL THINGS OR USE POOR GRAMMAR IF YOU DIDN'T GET HER OFF A DATING SITE WHERE SHE SAW YOU USE PROPER SPELLING AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE ON YOUR PROFILE.

On Text Game

Quote: (11-18-2015 09:53 AM)The_Don_Führer Wrote:  

Btw, if you're black. DO NOT MISSPELL THINGS OR USE POOR GRAMMAR IF YOU DIDN'T GET HER OFF A DATING SITE WHERE SHE SAW YOU USE PROPER SPELLING AND SENTENCE STRUCTURE ON YOUR PROFILE.

Okay cool. What are your feelings about using all caps ?

On Text Game

Quote: (11-18-2015 10:49 AM)Sharkie Wrote:  

Okay cool. What are your feelings about using all caps ?

If they're hollow-tips and going into your asscheeks fucking with gangsters on the internet....

I strongly, STRONGLY approve.

- The Don