rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rules on self-promotion

Rules on self-promotion

For the longest time, the forum didn't have any rules on self-promotion, because we did not attract "internet marketers." Unfortunately this has changed, and several members of late, especially of the PUA variety, has not been able to wait more than 50 posts before peddling their products.

RVF is not a vehicle to promote your business. If you have a business, you must go elsewhere to advertise it. ROK even has a budget mechanism for you to do so: http://www.returnofkings.com/sponsorships

Self-Promotion Rules:

1. You are not allowed, in any of your posts, to promote videos or sites you own or operate that have a commercial intent. Commercial intent is defined as offering products for sale, collecting emails for marketing purposes, or offering content that contains affiliate links. If your videos/sites do not have any commercial intent, your promotion will be judged on a case-by-case basis if it was relevant to the topic matter.

2. You are always free in your signature to link to external sites that don't have commercial intent (e.g. blogs, Twitter).

3. You are allowed one external link in your signature to a site with commercial intent if your reputation count is at least 30.

4. If you are a pillar of the community (> 100 rep), you may start a start a thread about your newest book release after clearing it with me to make sure it is appropriate.

5. Links to external sites must be in normal-sized font.

These rules allow those who give value to the forum and build trust to receive some value back in terms of business sales, and ensure that new members don't attempt to parasitize the membership. Even for marketers who follow the rules, I will still evaluate if they are building a false persona to make themselves look good in order to better sell their e-products.

Rules on self-promotion

Excellent Roosh.

More and more this forum feels like a safe haven online to conduct proper discussion without interference and excessive trolling/marketing

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

Rules on self-promotion

While I don't personally have products to peddle at the moment and may never have any business that I would want to promote within this community, I very much appreciate these guidelines.

While any serious members are already aware that there was an unspoken policy in place very similar to this, I like the stricter official policy because it'll certainly help The RVF be a better place that is more about genuine community.

Thanks Roosh.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Rules on self-promotion

Damn it.

I guess this wouldn't be the right time to introduce my new international gaming and lifestyle website - Rosh V Forum. Or my two new ebooks, Lay, and Day Lay.

"Me llaman el desaparecido
Que cuando llega ya se ha ido
Volando vengo, volando voy
Deprisa deprisa a rumbo perdido"

Rules on self-promotion

Roosh, you should make this an important/sticky thread that sits right at the top.

Rules on self-promotion

Hey Roosh - I wanted to make sure my signature didn't violate the rules - especially since both my links feel like they are on the fence about commercial intent, and my rep count is nearing 30

Rules on self-promotion

Quote: (06-03-2015 07:57 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

5. Links to external sites must be in normal-sized font.

This.

Rules on self-promotion

Darn it, where else can I market my playboy inducing energy drinks?

[Image: 4a69c56d877e32b727208d53646991f0.jpg]

Mix with C2H6O for maximum results!

Rules on self-promotion

Quote: (06-03-2015 09:31 AM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

Damn it.

I guess this wouldn't be the right time to introduce my new international gaming and lifestyle website - Rosh V Forum. Or my two new ebooks, Lay, and Day Lay.

Pity. I was looking forward to ordering, "A Dead Cat in Uruguay" from you.

Rules on self-promotion

Quote: (06-03-2015 10:50 AM)The_CEO Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2015 09:31 AM)VolandoVengoVolandoVoy Wrote:  

Damn it.

Pity. I was looking forward to ordering, "A Dead Cat in Uruguay" from you.

I heard the Toronto RVF'ers had to cancel their planned rollout of the 'Pussy Purgatory' series - five volumes of stories about surviving the penis paradise that is TDot.

HSLD

Rules on self-promotion

I guess this is the wrong time to add a link to my new "Dubai Deuce Marriage Tours" website/business [Image: lol.gif]

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Rules on self-promotion

I guess this is the wrong time to introduce my "Fearless" invisible condoms.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

Rules on self-promotion

Quote: (06-03-2015 07:57 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

4. If you are a pillar of the community (> 100 rep), you may start a start a thread about your newest book release after clearing it with me to make sure it is appropriate.

Does this rule also apply to posting about a new book release in an existing thread rather than starting a new one?

Rules on self-promotion

Quote:Quote:

Does this rule also apply to posting about a new book release in an existing thread rather than starting a new one?

Yes.

Rules on self-promotion

Quote: (06-03-2015 09:36 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Roosh, you should make this an important/sticky thread that sits right at the top.

Agreed. This is a forum guideline and should obviously be stickied.

Rules on self-promotion

Quote: (06-18-2015 09:00 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Quote: (06-03-2015 09:36 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Agreed. This is a forum guideline and should obviously be stickied.

It's included in the forum rules that all new members are required to read:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-13005.html

Rules on self-promotion

Referral links (to products we would link to anyway) - yes or no?

Rules on self-promotion

Quote: (09-18-2017 09:31 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Referral links (to products we would link to anyway) - yes or no?

[Image: Tommy-Lee-Jones.jpg]

I'm the King of Beijing!