rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sao Paulo Positives

Sao Paulo Positives

As everyone here knows, I am a total business tool.

As such, I feel like I'd probably fit in very well in Sao Paulo compared to any other city in Brazil.

Can anyone discuss some of the better aspects of this city? People seem to only want to harp on it in a negative light. It must have something good going for it.

I'm talking mostly about lifestyle, nightlife, dating, etc.

Sao Paulo Positives

We Paulistas like to bash our own city,but don't ever dare to say to a Paulistana that you actually preferred Rio ! LOL Paulistas are very proud in a weird way.

I was Born and raised in São Paulo,and Here is my pros and cons:

Pros:

-Richest city in SA

-Excellent night life - for all budgets and tastes

-Best job market in Latin America - The main reason why I'm still here.

-Cosmopolitan / girls from all ethinicities

-Good subway/train system (for SA standards)

-It's so huge and diverse that is impossible to not find your Fishbowl.
Imagine the NYC of Latin America(NYC is better obviously, but it's a good example to compare to)

Cons:

-Overall an Ugly city
-High crime rate (although crimes are generally confined to the periphery)
-Overpopulated
-Can be very expensive in the best neighborhoods

Lifestyle: despite being a city made for work , the Brazilian Joie de vivre is still there.Doesn't matter if you are full of work and stressed, guys will always find time to comment about that girl's ass or about the soccer match last night.It's very easy to make friends.

When you are in the corporate life like me, you may find yourself swimming in a pool of career-whores and beta-provider types,western life at its best.Places like Berrini,Faria Lima, Morumbi ,Vila Olimpia and other financial districts are know for that kind of behaviour.Avoid night venues in those regions if you don't want to deal with that

The girls are super-hot in those regions, but you will have to deal with western-like bitch shields.

São Paulo is a strange place. Even locals can't figure it out completely.
You always find something new. The city always surprises you , for the good and for the bad.

There's a famous Caetano Veloso's(Famous Brazilian singer from Bahia) song called "Sampa" where he says:É que quando cheguei por aqui eu nada entendi" (When I got here I didn't understand anything)

He kinda nailed it , São Paulo is not easy on the eyes like Rio or Bahia but it's a intriguing place to live with all kinds of people and contrasts.

Sampa (it's a nickname for the city of São Paulo/BR)

(the first three lines on the text on line are the name of the song and of the singer/songwriter, it starts at “Alguma coisa”)

Something happens in my heart
Only when it crosses Ipiranga and São João Avenue (two streets in the city)
When I got here I didn't understand anything
Not the concrete poetry of your street corners
Not the discreet inelegance of your girls

I didn't know Rita Lee (a singer from São Paulo)
Your most thorough interpretation
Only when it crosses Ipiranga and São João Avenue

When we were face to face I didn't recognized myself
I called what I saw bad taste, I called bad taste, bad taste
Because Narcissus thinks that what is not a mirror is ugly
And what is not yet old scares the mind
Nothing from before when you are not a mutant (Mutantes was the name of Rita Lee's band)

And you were a difficult beginning
I get away of what I don't know
And those who sell a different dream of a happy city
Soon learn to call you reality
Because your are the other side of the other side of the other side of the side

From the people oppressed in the waiting lines, in the small streets, in shanty towns
From the power of the money rising and destroying beauty
From the ugly smoke that rises and erases the stars
I can see your poets of fields and space
Your forest factories, your rain gods rise

Pan-Americas from utopian Africas, tomb of samba
The newest of Zumbi's quilombo (a village created by escaped slaves)
And the new baianos “promenade” thru your garoa (a kind of rain typical from São Paulo, that doesn't really fall almost like a very wet and windy mist)
And the new baianos can enjoy you leisurely

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Sao Paulo Positives

+1

Sao Paulo Positives

Quote: (01-20-2012 01:22 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

We Paulistas like to bash our own city,but don't ever dare to say to a Paulistana that you actually preferred Rio ! LOL Paulistas are very proud in a weird way.

I was Born and raised in São Paulo,and Here is my pros and cons:

Pros:

-Richest city in SA

-Excellent night life - for all budgets and tastes

-Best job market in Latin America - The main reason why I'm still here.

-Cosmopolitan / girls from all ethinicities

-Good subway/train system (for SA standards)

-It's so huge and diverse that is impossible to not find your Fishbowl.
Imagine the NYC of Latin America(NYC is better obviously, but it's a good example to compare to)

Cons:

-Overall an Ugly city
-High crime rate (although crimes are generally confined to the periphery)
-Overpopulated
-Can be very expensive in the best neighborhoods

Lifestyle: despite being a city made for work , the Brazilian Joie de vivre is still there.Doesn't matter if you are full of work and stressed, guys will always find time to comment about that girl's ass or about the soccer match last night.It's very easy to make friends.

When you are in the corporate life like me, you may find yourself swimming in a pool of career-whores and beta-provider types,western life at its best.Places like Berrini,Faria Lima, Morumbi ,Vila Olimpia and other financial districts are know for that kind of behaviour.Avoid night venues in those regions if you don't want to deal with that

The girls are super-hot in those regions, but you will have to deal with western-like bitch shields.

São Paulo is a strange place. Even locals can't figure it out completely.
You always find something new. The city always surprises you , for the good and for the bad.

There's a famous Caetano Veloso's(Famous Brazilian singer from Bahia) song called "Sampa" where he says:É que quando cheguei por aqui eu nada entendi" (When I got here I didn't understand anything)

He kinda nailed it , São Paulo is not easy on the eyes like Rio or Bahia but it's a intriguing place to live with all kinds of people and contrasts.

Sampa (it's a nickname for the city of São Paulo/BR)

(the first three lines on the text on line are the name of the song and of the singer/songwriter, it starts at “Alguma coisa”)

Only when it crosses Ipiranga and São João Avenue (two streets in the city)
When I got here I didn't understand anything
Not the concrete poetry of your street corners
Not the discreet inelegance of your girls

I didn't know Rita Lee (a singer from São Paulo)
Your most thorough interpretation
Only when it crosses Ipiranga and São João Avenue

When we were face to face I didn't recognized myself
I called what I saw bad taste, I called bad taste, bad taste
Because Narcissus thinks that what is not a mirror is ugly
And what is not yet old scares the mind
Nothing from before when you are not a mutant (Mutantes was the name of Rita Lee's band)

And you were a difficult beginning
I get away of what I don't know
And those who sell a different dream of a happy city
Soon learn to call you reality
Because your are the other side of the other side of the other side of the side

From the people oppressed in the waiting lines, in the small streets, in shanty towns
From the power of the money rising and destroying beauty
From the ugly smoke that rises and erases the stars
I can see your poets of fields and space
Your forest factories, your rain gods rise

Pan-Americas from utopian Africas, tomb of samba
The newest of Zumbi's quilombo (a village created by escaped slaves)
And the new baianos “promenade” thru your garoa (a kind of rain typical from São Paulo, that doesn't really fall almost like a very wet and windy mist)
And the new baianos can enjoy you leisurely

That elevated worm highway you have is way cool, too.

Sao Paulo Positives

I like the write up GM. This is kinda how I'd describe Bombay, India. The NYC of India / South Asia.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Sao Paulo Positives

Quote: (01-30-2012 10:33 AM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

I like the write up GM. This is kinda how I'd describe Bombay, India. The NYC of India / South Asia.

An Indian calling the city Bombay and not Mumbai? First time I've ever come across that.

Sao Paulo Positives

Quote: (01-30-2012 10:46 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Quote: (01-30-2012 10:33 AM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

An Indian calling the city Bombay and not Mumbai? First time I've ever come across that.

Was born there. The political renaming of the city happened much later in my life. Spent a large part of my adult life in the US.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Sao Paulo Positives

The coolest, friendliest, and best educated people that I met in Brazil were from Sao Paulo. I always kind of thought Sao Paulo was the NYC of Brazil, so the people from there would be really cold, standoffish, and rude, but all the Paulistas I met were really laid back, cool, and upbeat. Maybe that's not typical, but that was my experience.

Like Mr. GM said, from the small sampling of Paulistas I met, they were a pretty diverse bunch. The woman I banged (flag captured) was from Sao Paulo, she was mix of black, native indian, and mestizo, then I met a guy who was basically straight white (italian/portugese), a girl who's parents were lebanese, a white chick who was blonde hair/blue eyed, a black couple, etc.

Also, the Paulistas by far spoke the best English, and apparently people speak better English in Sao Paulo then anywhere else in Brazil, that's a pretty big plus in my book.

Sao Paulo Positives

+1 Nice job. Sao Paolo never gets love, except from the "advanced" folks. Rio dominates the rest of the world's view of Brazil to such an extent that Sao Paulo just doesn't seem to get its due. My Morumbi GF in the US was one of my all time favorites (sweet, intelligent, professional, hot as hell). I've never been to SP, but its on the short list.

Sao Paulo Positives

Geez, how could I have forgotten to mentioned this?

Back in the 1920s (?) there was a huge Japanese immigration to São Paulo, like nowhere else in Brazil. This resulted in a large Japanese (Nikkei) community not only in the city, but in the state of São Paulo. This means, for the asian fetishists out there (like myself) that there are plenty of Japanese-Brazilian garotas in SP, unlike other states, and certainly not in satisfiable numbers in Rio, where I'm from.

One of my projects for this year is to get myself a Japanese girlfriend from São Paulo! [Image: banana.gif]

Sao Paulo Positives

Considering moving here. Seems like my type of city ..

Sao Paulo Positives

Really good write up by Mr. GM. Been to Rio once. Liked it..didn't love it. Feel obligated to go back to Rio to see very close friends, but I wouldn't pay my own money for lodging & invest my time in gaming there when there's just so many other things I want to do in Brazil.

As for Sampa, I'm going to make it out there eventually. It's a matter of well organized budgeting, really doing more homework on the city before arriving, and then execution. Thinking April/May 2014 before WC hits. Will already be living in Curitiba during that time so it'll be a 5-6 hour bus ride.

Gals I've met from Sao Paulo...funny nasal accents (I find it sexy), hot, exotic, big city cosmopolitan vibe, no bullshit demeanor, and I'm also a big fan of the prevalent Italian/Lebanese mix down there.

Sao Paulo Positives

Quote: (01-20-2012 10:22 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

Can anyone discuss some of the better aspects of this city? People seem to only want to harp on it in a negative light. It must have something good going for it.

This...

[Image: attachment.jpg13049]   [Image: attachment.jpg13048]   

Pros: This is ALL day, everyday, especially up and down Paulista Av. Rarely did I see a woman, even if a little out of shape, not have some ass on her. Already mentioned, but around Liberdade you will find a huge Japanese population with a few stunners in the mix. I don't know why, but I found it strange to hear so many Japanese speaking Portugues. I found the nightlife to be excellent and varied...something for everybody depending on what you're looking for, and the people for the most part very friendly.

Cons:Not the greatest looking city in spots, and definitely not a NY, though its often compared as such.

Coopers

Sao Paulo Positives

In São Paulo there is an endless amount of things to do and places to explore. It's a huge concrete jungle. My Brazilian friends who live there call it "Babylonia" but despite it being that, there are a bunch of cool places around it with nice scenery where you can escape the big city. There's lots of good food. Plenty of night life.

Sao Paulo Positives

It is a big mistake to think there´s nothing good about SP

Sao Paulo Positives

SP metro area has so many people that you can find anything you desire.

But Last time I was there I got robbed in the street at 3 in the afternoon at gunpoint in one of the supposed safe areas, and I have recently read that some tourist followed some Gps track that went through a bad neighborhood and got herself killed.

Sao Paulo Positives

Man, that's really bad luck. São Paulo isn't even very dangerous when compared to other cities in brazil. I will say though by far the seediest place I've ever been was in São Paulo. But that was by choice and I kind of knew what I was getting into.

Sao Paulo Positives

Moving to São Paulo next month. Can't wait.

Sao Paulo Positives

Quote: (07-03-2013 04:15 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

I will say though by far the seediest place I've ever been was in São Paulo.

I've been invited at a party in Grajau (SP Zona Sul - one of the most violent periferia) by a bouncer of Love Story. A shithole, but I've seen worst in Rio Zona Norte/Baixada Fluminense or in some areas of Belem.

From the very good movie "O Invasor" (available on youtube):

Off topic, Paulo Miklos, who plays the bad guy in "O Invasor", is the singer of the great paulistano rock band Titas.

Sao Paulo Positives

Yeah I was in some crazy ass favela and I have no idea where it was, it was at least a good 20 miles from itaim bibi, I think north. It was basically a pit. It literally looked like hell on earth, and i dont get scared easy, but i must admit i was a little sketched out. Where most favelas are built on hills or in São Paulo's case many are flat, this one was basically built into a little valley. When we pulled up there was a car on fire on the side of the free way. Some dudes were getting patted down a little outside the favela by policia militar. And everyone was looking at us like, "what the fuck are these gringos doing here?" I was actually with all Brazilians but one of our friends always joked that he was going out with two gringos and we were going to get him robbed, because even though my other friend is Brazilian, he's three shades whiter than chalk and looks like he could be a gringo.

São Paulo can be dangerous but the only way it's really dangerous is if you choose to put yourself in danger. If you stay in neighborhoods like itaim bibi you should be fine. If you get messed with its bad luck. Also obviously fallow the unwritten rule in Latin America, don't walk around by yourself late at night. I broke the rule all the time and the only place I got messed with was Medellin, but I don't recommend it.

Sao Paulo Positives

Quote: (07-03-2013 02:25 AM)pobreinvestidor Wrote:  

SP metro area has so many people that you can find anything you desire.

But Last time I was there I got robbed in the street at 3 in the afternoon at gunpoint in one of the supposed safe areas, and I have recently read that some tourist followed some Gps track that went through a bad neighborhood and got herself killed.

That's some rough luck. Hope you're ok now. In which neighborhood did this occur so that I'll know to avoid it?

Sao Paulo Positives

Best city on earth, when i lived there i would wake up and task myself how can a human be as lucky as this?

You can go out any night of the week to a packed venue with tons of hot chicks.

You're at an amazing beach in 3 hours

Great weather

Insane food

Most emotionally intelligent people on earth

Smart chicks (also in mid and lower class)

Paulistas always want to better themselves

Decent size expat comunity so not too big to avoid but big enough to make good contacts and network

Highest manager level salaries on earth

Last but not least: Love Story

Sao Paulo Positives

Quote: (07-04-2013 03:19 AM)ChrisGambi Wrote:  

Last but not least: Love Story

Agree with all of the above, except on "the most intelligent people on earth". I'd rather say "the most intelligent people in Brasil".

Love Story:

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-1906-p...#pid454540

Sao Paulo Positives

Quote: (07-04-2013 03:19 AM)ChrisGambi Wrote:  

Paulistas always want to better themselves

BTW (not to challenge you, but just as a side note), people from the city of Sao Paulo are known as paulistanos/nas. Paulistas designates anyone from the surrounding state, including the paulistanos/nas.

Sao Paulo Positives

Amour fou, São Paulo actually has THE LARGEST Japanese community outside of Japan. When I was a brazil newbie, I was shocked when I'd meet Asian Brazilians. There are a lot in São Paulo.