rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The new workout shoes I fucks with

Yeah I caved and gave them a try. The Adidas Adipure Trainers aka The Feet Shoes below

http://www.shopadidas.com/adipure-trainer/_/N-1z1371x

Now I had seen the trend coming for the past couple of years with the vibram five finger running shoes but two things held me back before.

1. Honestly those shoes were ugly as hell. Aesthetically speaking I couldn't see myself putting that shit on my feet for $110 or $120.

2. The whole thing seemed like a lucky accident that Vibrams ended up in the gym. Apparently they were running shoes then dudes started wearing them in the gym that liked to lift and squat barefoot, but most guys told me they weren't that stable or felt weird.

So I waited till one of the big boys (Nike or Adidas) completely yoinked the idea and made improvements. Basically I'm a brand whore whatever. But I went to the mall and put the red and black ones on my feet while wearing a suit and walked around and I felt fucking amazing.

It was like putting on a silk synthetic sock over your foot that had rubber/ tire tread only on the bottom of you toes most of the balls of your feet and your heals. They were tricky to get on at first. But with each wear got easier and easier.

Three weeks in and I'm pretty much in love. The number one thing I've felt between these and regular training shoes is balance. Complete and utter balance. Ever movement in every workout I just feel centered. The second thing I noticed was flexibility, I mean the way I could move each toe translated to almost feeling like every muscle in my foot was working, moving up through my legs and my knee. It was slightly harder but making everything work more.

I don't know what else to say, FOR $90, I rep these shoes pretty hard. I'm slightly worried of the feet getting stinky factor since I can't wear socks.

Anyone else wearing these anyone else might hate them but rock the vibrams (ewwww) but let me know how you guys feel about it. And yeah I probably drank the kool-aid and bought into the hype. Whatever it works for me

Virgle Kent

[email protected]

Twitter @VKsempireofdirt

I got a pair of Vibrams. Maybe not as stylish but they kick your calves ass in a workout. It was the only thing of it's kind around for a while.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

My vibrams were 85 bucks. Where are you? Careful with the running at first, you easily damage the front muscle or heel if your not landing on the ball or midpoint of your foot.

yeah, I don't run, I think that's another reason I was feeling the Adidas, they seemed more marketed for the gym and working out again the word is marketed...

Virgle Kent

[email protected]

Twitter @VKsempireofdirt

Quote: (01-17-2012 09:33 PM)Virgle Kent Wrote:  

I don't know what else to say, FOR $90, I rep these shoes pretty hard. I'm slightly worried of the feet getting stinky factor since I can't wear socks.

You ever use these?

I always throw them in my running shoes after a long workout/run/walk.

(my only gripe is that I have to keep them in a bag after untwisting them, the smell is a bit too strong for me)

Creativity is lost when companies become copy cats whether its these sneakers or Iphone clones.

if you really want socks you can get some - vibram made a five finger sock. google it. also, since they are basically rubber and fabric you may be able to just throw them in the washing machine or rinse them off in the shower or something.

For weight lifting, I'm using the rogue dowins

http://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-equipm...-shoes.php

Hard sole and an elevated heel gives you a more stable, non compressing foundation for squats, presses, deadlifts, and o-lifts. Non compressing is important because you lose power with compressible soles as force is transmitted into the floor.

For running, jumping, or anything else that requires lots of foot flexation, I just use regular cross trainers.

these are what i use. these are the only shoes that my feet feel comfortable in for heavy deads, squats, rows etc. adidas adistar weightlifting.

http : //mimg.ugo.com/200808/27768/weight-lifting.jpg

Quote: (01-17-2012 11:36 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Creativity is lost when companies become copy cats whether its these sneakers or Iphone clones.

Not necessarily -- competition spurs innovation. The consumer is given more options and wins. I'm happy with more choices.

Quote: (01-18-2012 05:51 AM)Laser Wrote:  

Hard sole and an elevated heel gives you a more stable, non compressing foundation for squats, presses, deadlifts, and o-lifts. Non compressing is important because you lose power with compressible soles as force is transmitted into the floor.

For running, jumping, or anything else that requires lots of foot flexation, I just use regular cross trainers.

how do those compare to other shoes you have? i usually squat/dl in chuck taylors. what about the nikes virgle do they have solid soles/how are they for lifts like squats/dl.

I'm not too sure about that, depends on of it's a superior company and makes improvements or makes the same product for a cheaper price...

Virgle Kent

[email protected]

Twitter @VKsempireofdirt

Quote: (01-18-2012 09:55 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

how do those compare to other shoes you have? i usually squat/dl in chuck taylors. what about the nikes virgle do they have solid soles/how are they for lifts like squats/dl.

I've squatted both barefoot (with broken toes) and in chucks. The combination of the wider base and slight heel of the lifting shoes make my lifts feel much more solid. First time I squatted in them, I felt like my feet were nailed to the floor.

Have any of you guys tried wearing water shoes on your workouts?

[Image: 41VcqutO-PL._SL500_SX190_CR0,0,190,246_.jpg]

They're light and thin like Vikrams but they're only like $15 and you can get them around any beach town. They look to me like they'd serve the same purpose as the finger shoes (ie. light, thin) but cost a fraction of the price.

Slightly OT:

post your workout routine Virgle.

Quote: (01-19-2012 04:44 AM)Laser Wrote:  

Quote: (01-18-2012 09:55 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I've squatted both barefoot (with broken toes) and in chucks. The combination of the wider base and slight heel of the lifting shoes make my lifts feel much more solid. First time I squatted in them, I felt like my feet were nailed to the floor.
sweet, ill definitely look into them

If you're gonna do barbell training, stick to converse chuck taylor.

Quote: (01-18-2012 10:33 PM)Virgle Kent Wrote:  

I'm not too sure about that, depends on of it's a superior company and makes improvements or makes the same product for a cheaper price...

Naw they will stay behind the curve copying

I am going to reboot this thread to talk about running shoes. The other shoe thread on this sub-forum is about weightlifting shoes.

I was thinking of incorporating HIIT in the form of sprints as part of my workout. I wanted to get your guys recommendations on running shoes (and not the vibram toe shoes). I think up would rather sprint barefoot over broken glass than to wear those ugly ass retarded shoes.

So what shoes you rocking for your cardio/HIIT?

Follow me on Twitter

Read my Blog: Fanghorn Forest

I use the Vibrams for sprinting, haha... Also barefoot if on grass. Actually I'll only do sprints now on grass. So either on a football pitch or park with a hill.

Nike Free Runs are minimalist but look like normal shoes.

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Outside of weightlifting shoes (which are highly beneficial for squats, olympic lifts, etc.) what you wear to workout doesn't fucking matter.

I don't include running shoes in this, because running=AIDS for gains.

You're there to WORK. Some of the biggest pussies in my gym arrive in $500 worth of clothes, only to put in $0.10 worth of effort.

"Looking good" at the gym is for women.

I wear vibrams for HIIT. Everything Virgle Kent said at the beginning, stability and confidence.

Form follows function.

Vibrams are a complete fucking sham.

http://www.outsideonline.com/news-from-t...wsuit.html

Quote: (02-22-2015 03:22 PM)PHC19 Wrote:  

Vibrams are a complete fucking sham.

http://www.outsideonline.com/news-from-t...wsuit.html

You worn them?

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Picked up a pair of Adipowers 2 weeks ago. It's a whole new world.

http://www.adidas.com/us/adipower-weight...21865.html