rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bath, UK - Any insights?

Bath, UK - Any insights?

Bath, UK - Any insights?

I have a contract job opportunity to go live there for a while.

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Bath, UK - Any insights?

I'm willing to bet that the U.K has the least attractive women in the English speaking world. Though obesity rates in the south are lower than the northern cities like Birmingham or Manchester. Where are you currently living?

Bath, UK - Any insights?

Very nice place to be for a while,especially in Summer.

http://www.bath360.co.uk/

Bath, UK - Any insights?

No Data Sheets? Or should I ask on LSS ?

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.

Bath, UK - Any insights?

Quote: (01-11-2012 10:23 AM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

Australian girls on working holidays in the U.K often head to Bath. Don't ask me why.

It's a tiny place, I doubt you'd be able to find much info on it.

Bath, UK - Any insights?

Quote: (01-11-2012 09:24 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

I'm willing to bet that the U.K has the least attractive women in the English speaking world. Though obesity rates in the south are lower than the northern cities like Birmingham or Manchester. Where are you currently living?

Worse than American women? I don't think so

Bath, UK - Any insights?

Quote: (01-11-2012 08:01 AM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

Bath, UK - Any insights?

I have a contract job opportunity to go live there for a while.

I haven't gone there, but I plan to check it out the next time I'm in the UK. I never manage to make it out of London when I'm in that country.

Bath has some things I want to see though (Roman architectural sites, and the home the Emperor Haile Selassie stayed in for a few years when he was exiled from Ethiopia).

As for chicks, I have no idea. Never been a fan of British girls. I like London though in that you have the world in one city and can find girls from everywhere. Damn that city is global!

Bath, UK - Any insights?

Quote: (01-12-2012 02:18 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Australian girls on working holidays in the U.K often head to Bath. Don't ask me why.

Pdog why keep speculating with "I bets" and "I doubts"?. It's worthless, let someone who knows answer

I know Bath very very well.

Roman city in the South West of England
Shit load of tourists
Decent University, students tend to be quite tribal though
Famous for it's Roman Baths (Hence the name)
Very busy in summer, depressing in winter.
As a small idyllic city there is not much in the way of exciting nightlife, most people who live there party in Bristol.
Have a lot of nice pubs to relax in though.

Depends what you want......

Bath, UK - Any insights?

Quote: (01-12-2012 05:08 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2012 02:18 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Pdog why keep speculating with "I bets" and "I doubts"?. It's worthless, let someone who knows answer

Shit load of tourists
As a small idyllic city there is not much in the way of exciting nightlife, most people who live there party in Bristol.

I know for a fact Aussie girls prefer Bath for working holidays. That's not speculation. I say Brits are the worst looking in the English speaking world because that's what I've seen among the hordes of British tourists visiting Australia. Bear in mind most of the Americans are from the North East or California.

Bath, UK - Any insights?

A working holiday in Bath?, I think you mean a "UK working holiday visa". There is very little Industry in Bath, it's a quaint city for tourists.

I think you'll find that most Aussies who visit the UK concentrate themselves in the Wimbledon, Clapham, and Shepherds Bush area of London.

I lived in Australia and I could see no difference between Aussie and British women, a huge amount of Aussie are descended from Brits. And statistically Aussies are more Obese.

Seeing as you have only visited 4 countries in your whole life(including your own), it would be best to leave the travel advice to people more experienced

Bath, UK - Any insights?

Quote: (01-12-2012 05:08 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Shit load of tourists

I was there a long time ago for a visit but found what Deb said to be true even back then.

It was a cool city to check out. Huge tourist attraction. I don't think many tourists where actually staying over night. I just did a day trip like many others.

Definitely worth a visit, not so sure about living there.

Bath, UK - Any insights?

Hi, I’ve been lurking here a while,

I ended up here due to Eastern Europe travel, but I’m going to try and add some value where I can. I’ve noticed how many trolls turn up on this forum!

I’m from Southern England and all my experience is London, so I can’t give data sheets.

I do know a guy who’s a D.J and bases himself in Bath. As has been mentioned above, although it’s quaint and a bit touristy, you could head to Bristol to party. It’s only a half hour drive away, and the music scene there is massive.

Bristol is still a historically important city, especially from an industrial revolution sense, but it has a much more urban/grimy feel in places. It’s also pretty multicultural due to it’s port location. It’s also got the dubious title of being the port that ships used as a stopping off point between the Africa-America slave route in the 1700s....

If you’re into trip hop, drum and bass, dub step, any kind of acid jazz... This city’s for you. It’s where Tricky, Massive Attack, Portishead hail from...and artist Banksy.

headfirstbristol.co.uk/bristols-music-scene

wikipedia.org/Bristol

(I can't post links yet I'm too new here).
Just make sure you don’t return home with a Bristol accent!

Hope that helps. I’m planning on contributing properly where I can...

Bath, UK - Any insights?

Forgot this one too:

wikipedia.org/wiki/Bristol_underground_scene

It gives an overview. I was actually thinking I might have made this look a bit hipster/elitist...It's just I'm quite into my music. If you want to hit up binge drinking mainstream places you'll no doubt find plenty! It's a big place...

Bath, UK - Any insights?

Thanks guys. Then Bristol is it.
I know the dude who started Bristol Lair. Lets see what happens with this opportunity and if I end up going.