rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead

http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat-sic...early-dead

Interesting documentary about two men who turn their lives around with juice fasting and raw foods.

Hope you enjoy, perhaps get some insights on raw foods and healthy living.

One thing I love about Chiang Mai is being able to find a raw veggie juice , freshly squeezed, within a stone's throw of where ever I happen to be.

Just to try it out, I ate nothing but raw foods for a week and a half a couple of years back while visiting a vegan friend. I felt pretty healthy, but even eating 3-4 solid meals a day I lost a lot of weight because of the lack of protein. I'd recommend eating raw foods to anyone who's trying to drop fat and isn't too concerned about muscle loss.

I watched this a few months ago. Its interesting be cause its almost the exact opposite of Atkins and seems to have almost the exact same effect as Atkins. I think its just more proof that there's more then one way to skin a cat when it comes to weight loss and that all the excuses people come up with are bullshit.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

You can also lose weight in body fat as a man by making your body think it's pregnant with HCG injections!

http://www.healthierpost.com/what-is-the...ld-try-it/

MIXX

Quote: (01-03-2012 12:42 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122/fat-sic...early-dead

Interesting documentary about two men who turn their lives around with juice fasting and raw foods.

Hope you enjoy, perhaps get some insights on raw foods and healthy living.

One thing I love about Chiang Mai is being able to find a raw veggie juice , freshly squeezed, within a stone's throw of where ever I happen to be.

YMG, thanks for the link. I just watched the entire video and really enjoyed it. Very inspiring.

This movie has been on my netflix insta-que for a month or so (I love documentries). I'll watch it tonight. Altho losing weight doesn't interest me at all. speaking of netflix docs, pulling for john a doc about arm wrestling on netflix is worth a watch to!

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

I didn't post this in the context of weight loss, I posted it more in the context of detox and healthy living.

Clearly, at that level of body fat, those guys are going to be losing a lot of fat/weight on a juice fast.

Looks like a solid documentary. Gonna watch it all the way through this weekend.

Quote:Quote:

in the context of detox and healthy living.

I bounce back and forth between vegan and paleo diets. I have cheat days, but they become so unappealing after you've been on a strict, healthy diet for a while.

Also planning on trying a raw food diet for a month or so, just to see how it compares.

Quote:Quote:

I'm going to feel right at home there...

It's a good documentary. I'm not a huge proponent of that lifestyle, though. You consume no protiens whatsoever. The reason you lose all that weight is a severe depletion of calories. If you're not mobidly obese, the maximum amount of time I would do that is a week or two. The best thing to take out of that documentary is the importance of fresh produce, living a healthy lifestyle, and being aware of the shit that is in processed foods.

If you're less than 50 pounds overweight, depending on height, I think results could be achieved through exercise, making a decent effort at counting calories without being obsessed with it, and cleaning up your diet with an addition of more fruits and veggies.

Props to that guy, though. It takes a lot of discipline and he has helped a lot of people improve their lives and become more aware of what they consume.

Damn good documentary, finally watched it last night. I would like to try it to see how i feel an such but i dont wanna lose any weight. I wonder if i would get the same effects if i also drank some protein shakes an mass gaining shakes on top of just the fresh juice.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

After watching this documentary I decided to give it a try. I had been toying around with the idea of a water fast for a while, so I started out with that.

For the first three days I was only drinking water. The second day was pretty tough because my stomach kept growling at me. I silenced it with water and eventually the growling stopped. I didn't get out much during these first days because I was stuck inside working on a translation. I think not using my body during this time made it easier to not eat. On day three I left the house and ran a bunch of errands. After a few hours my knees and arms were really sore and I questioned why I was on a water fast so I decided to switch to a juice fast.

I got [url= http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-Juice-Extra...60370]this juicer at Walmart for $50[/url]. It's pretty easy to clean and it gives a good amount of juice for what you put into it. I'm liking the juice fast so far because I feel like I have more energy. I wake up early without an alarm and I feel ready to conquer the day.

After 10 days without food I'm kind of getting bored of not eating and am thinking about transitioning to a raw food diet soon. The biggest downside to this diet is what it does to my shit. What comes out of my ass is very similar to what I put in my mouth.

Quote: (01-15-2012 10:10 AM)Sardino Wrote:  

After watching this documentary I decided to give it a try. I had been toying around with the idea of a water fast for a while, so I started out with that.

For the first three days I was only drinking water. The second day was pretty tough because my stomach kept growling at me. I silenced it with water and eventually the growling stopped. I didn't get out much during these first days because I was stuck inside working on a translation. I think not using my body during this time made it easier to not eat. On day three I left the house and ran a bunch of errands. After a few hours my knees and arms were really sore and I questioned why I was on a water fast so I decided to switch to a juice fast.

I got [url= http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-Juice-Extra...60370]this juicer at Walmart for $50[/url]. It's pretty easy to clean and it gives a good amount of juice for what you put into it. I'm liking the juice fast so far because I feel like I have more energy. I wake up early without an alarm and I feel ready to conquer the day.

After 10 days without food I'm kind of getting bored of not eating and am thinking about transitioning to a raw food diet soon. The biggest downside to this diet is what it does to my shit. What comes out of my ass is very similar to what I put in my mouth.

Sardino, how many juice servings do you drink each day and what type and amount of veggies are you using with each serving?