rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is deep south (Bible Belt) USA really as bad as a lot of people say it is?

Currently I am on the west coast of the US, love it here but I have a cousin who lives in GA (and it ain't Atlanta) and so far I have heard the worst things about the place from him. Not only him but at least 6 other guys when it comes to "game" and all that stuff.

Here is what I have heard

1. Attractive women are pretty tough to find - When my cousin visited me out here in California, he said he was shocked how often you would see attractive women and many of the girls who are considered "5's" here would have been considered at least a 7 or 8 down south. One thing he consistently complained about, and something I have heard from guys over and over again is this, there are A LOT of Whales. They say the deep south states suffer from a high obesity rate.

2. Being a player in most places down there can get you beat up and earn you a lot of problems - Often I heard that people down there are very religious. On Sundays, everyone is at church and there is not another soul in sight anywhere else. Mainly, one guy being a player can earn him a lot of troubles than it would elsewhere, out here it is not a big problem.

3. Girls get married, pregnant, and knocked up really young there. A lot of the good looking ones especially. - I heard this from my cousin but three of my friends from there said really elaborated on it. One of my buddies who went to UGA said that tons of the good looking girls there were engaged at 21 and many were not open to cheating on their husbands. Some he said were more alpha or manlier than the guys they were dating.

4. It is very very poor compared to the rest of the US- This I saw when I visited Alabama. Poverty was extremely common, it seemed so broke and my friends said this really contributed to the high obesity rate and the low educational levels. Some of my friends said this also might have had a lot to do with the women there not looking as good as women elsewhere.

5. Not really that much to do and very hard to find something to do. - In my short time in Alabama, I was bored as one could be. I was bored out of my mind, I was bored to the point where other than the internet, I don't know how I could have passed my time there. This may be related to number 4.

What has your experience been there? I have heard the worst things about it, especially in terms of gaming women.

I've never been to the DEEP south, but regarding the "attractive women tough to find" thing, I don't think that true of all towns in the South. Charleston, SC, has some of the hottest women I've ever seen. Far better than, for example, NYC (what's with NYC broads having mannish faces?)

Yeah, the South is a third world dump, but at least in ATL I saw some hot chicks. If you go to bars you'll see some. Obesity is a big problem. As is retardation.

Quote: (01-01-2012 11:58 AM)Conneray Wrote:  

1. Attractive women are pretty tough to find - When my cousin visited me out here in California, he said he was shocked how often you would see attractive women and many of the girls who are considered "5's" here would have been considered at least a 7 or 8 down south. One thing he consistently complained about, and something I have heard from guys over and over again is this, there are A LOT of Whales. They say the deep south states suffer from a high obesity rate.

2. Being a player in most places down there can get you beat up and earn you a lot of problems - Often I heard that people down there are very religious. On Sundays, everyone is at church and there is not another soul in sight anywhere else. Mainly, one guy being a player can earn him a lot of troubles than it would elsewhere, out here it is not a big problem.

3. Girls get married, pregnant, and knocked up really young there. A lot of the good looking ones especially. - I heard this from my cousin but three of my friends from there said really elaborated on it. One of my buddies who went to UGA said that tons of the good looking girls there were engaged at 21 and many were not open to cheating on their husbands. Some he said were more alpha or manlier than the guys they were dating.

4. It is very very poor compared to the rest of the US- This I saw when I visited Alabama. Poverty was extremely common, it seemed so broke and my friends said this really contributed to the high obesity rate and the low educational levels. Some of my friends said this also might have had a lot to do with the women there not looking as good as women elsewhere.

5. Not really that much to do and very hard to find something to do. - In my short time in Alabama, I was bored as one could be. I was bored out of my mind, I was bored to the point where other than the internet, I don't know how I could have passed my time there. This may be related to number 4.

What has your experience been there? I have heard the worst things about it, especially in terms of gaming women.

1) True. I've been out here in the "bible belt" for the last few weeks. You will definitely have to adjust your standards and expectations. Seeing those type of hot, stylish Kim Kardashian looking girls you see in Hollywood and Miami Beach simply does not exist here. I was at a sports bar watching the UFC fight and having a few beers with my dad the other night. The bar was pretty packed and there were definitely a number of chics I'd have been happy to hit, but none of them were really above a 6. One girl came in with this guy and she had dark hair and eyes and was smoking hot. I thought she looked slavic. Then the guy she was with came over and asked if he could take the chair next to me. He had a very heavy E. European accent of some sort. So I figured that chic must be from Ukraine or something. Only smoking girl in there was from somewhere else. A lot of the women in smallish cities in the south and midwest look extremely plain style-wise. Some guys are saying good things about S. Carolina. I've never been there, i don't know. But I can say that here in Tennessee and in Mississippi, it's pretty bad. I'm not saying there are no cuties, I just don't think they are in any great abundance. Coming here looking for hot women is a waste of time, IMHO. And yeah, lots of fat people down this way.

2) Never heard any such thing. I don't think it would be a problem unless maybe you are in some small town of 1000 people where everyone knows each other.

3) True. People marry younger here than you'll be used to in the big coastal cities. I was at a little party here and observed that the women here seem to really be bossy with their boyfriends. It could've just been that crowd, I don't know, but I did surely remember noting in my head that these girls seem to be demanding and emasculating.

4) I haven't been around the really poor parts of the rural deep south enough to know. But I hear in some places in rural Arkansas people are still using outhouses. It's like living in Albania or something.

5) Yes. I do find the south boring in general. That's why I left back to California. I know there are decent spots like Atlanta and New Orleans that are culturally vibrant and have things going on. But overall, it's too sleepy, I don't like the attitudes and culture, lack of quality women, too much racial segregation, not enough interesting things to do, I could go on. There are way better places to live.

If you can visit the large state schools down there, talent is abound. I visited the University of Alabama last year foor a football game with a buddy from grad school and let me emphasize that TAILgates are just that... Ole Miss, UGA, UT, Auburn etc... get there on a home football weekend and there is too much tail to be had.

I've been to North and South Carolina to visit relatives, just a week long trip but here is what I observed: people there were sooooo nice, really really nice and laid back, the food is greasy unhealthy and delicious, some have very thick accents.

Southern guys, your accent alone will work wonders up in Canada. Walk into a bar and say "how y'all doing" and go from there, best opener in Canada ever!

Are Texas and Florida part of the Deep South? I think there are decent places in those states.

I also agree with CGS, the best places in the Deep South are the college towns/areas.

Quote: (01-01-2012 01:14 PM)CGS Wrote:  

If you can visit the large state schools down there, talent is abound. I visited the University of Alabama last year foor a football game with a buddy from grad school and let me emphasize that TAILgates are just that... Ole Miss, UGA, UT, Auburn etc... get there on a home football weekend and there is too much tail to be had.

That's true. I'll agree there. The college towns should be much better.

Easy E, the part of Texas way to the east that is near Louisiana is definitely the deep south. Houston may be a bit too big and diverse to really be considered so, sorta like Atlanta. As for Florida, just the panhandle part is considered "the south". In fact they call it the "redneck riviera" around here.

[Image: along-the-redneck-riviera-5f13301c851198d6.jpg]

I heard horror stories about SEC schools. My cousin went to UGA and he said a lot of the girls there really won't go out their own "group". He didn't say much after that but he said he has enjoyed life in California and NY a lot more.

By being in GA for 1 month, I gained 8 lbs.......

smh

Quote: (01-01-2012 02:07 PM)Conneray Wrote:  

I heard horror stories about SEC schools. My cousin went to UGA and he said a lot of the girls there really won't go out their own "group". He didn't say much after that but he said he has enjoyed life in California and NY a lot more.

Well, if you are looking for something similar to California or NYC in the Deep South, you are going to be out of luck.

The only place in the Deep South that resembles the coasts is Austin, TX, and that is because it is currently being flooded by immigration from people from big coastal cities.

Quote: (01-01-2012 02:13 PM)Easy E Wrote:  

Quote: (01-01-2012 02:07 PM)Conneray Wrote:  

Well, if you are looking for something similar to California or NYC in the Deep South, you are going to be out of luck.

The only place that resembles those California or NYC is Austin, TX, and that is because it is currently being flooded immigration by people from big coastal cities.

I guess such might be the case then. Personally I ran into a lot of 5s and 6s in the south that gave me rude stares. Funny thing is, tons of fatties down there think they are halle berry xD.

I am posting because my cousin I went to go visit in GA is a 19 year old dude, virgin, never kissed or slept with a girl before, I know you can't get too picky but he does not have much to choose from. He says he is gonna worry about getting laid when he moves out of there.

oh and btw, I have been to GA and other deep south states but the reason I posted this thread is I wanted to know if maybe I was the only one having a bad experience