rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Got into game years ago & quit. thinking of returning.

Okay, so, long story short, I got into game a bunch of years ago and, after getting pretty mediocre results, just sort of gave up on it. I did a little bit of cold approach, a little bit of online dating, a little bit of game tactics on girls I already knew, etc.

Anyway, I'm 23 now, and I think I probably should be getting laid more. I mean, I haven't had sex in like 6, maybe 7, years.

The thing is, I'm sort of disillusioned as to the idea of game you hear about on other pickup related forums. This forum seems pretty cool, but in a lot of other places, there's this gung-ho attitude like "YOU MUST COLD APPROACH NO MATTER WHAT ANY RESULTS YOU GET FROM EXISTING SOCIAL CONNECTIONS ARE INVALID!"

Anyway, I don't believe in that. In fact, I really want to put the least amount of effort possible into this, because my life is pretty busy. So I figure there are three ways I can go about doing this:

1, online dating.

2, social circle game.

3, "singles" events (this would require me to move to a bigger city, as they just don't happen in medium sized two degrees of separation towns like mine).

Anyway, I'm looking for opinions as to which of the methods above would be most effective for me. Here are the basic facts:

- i'm in my final year of college (starting my last semester in a few days)

- i live in a town of about 175,000 people

- i went to college in the same town i grew up in

- I'm 23

- most of my college friends have left town, i have like 2-3 friends now. my social life is limited to hanging out at a nacho bar on thursdays with a group of dudes, including my 2 close friends.

- POF community in my town has a surprisingly decent number of girls, but they're not hot.

Any opinions at all would be welcome!

I stopped reading after:

"Anyway, I don't believe in that. In fact, I really want to put the least amount of effort possible into this, because my life is pretty busy. So I figure there are three ways I can go about doing this"

Good luck if you don't want to put any effort into it and get maximum results, because there's no shortcut to getting good at game and good with women.

Takes time effort and balls.

If you don't dedicate yourself to it how can you expect to be getting laid?

I said least "amount of effort possible," not "no effort."

You sound like you're from a pua hater forum.

Do direct day game. Timewise it is a small investment. Any guy can open at least 5 non-ugly street sets in 30 minutes. It just takes balls. You havn't had sex in years. Aim low. Once you get fed up with fucking a 5, your confidence will be that much higher.

Quote: (01-01-2012 12:11 PM)Legoman Wrote:  

Do direct day game. Timewise it is a small investment. Any guy can open at least 5 non-ugly street sets in 30 minutes. It just takes balls. You havn't had sex in years. Aim low. Once you get fed up with fucking a 5, your confidence will be that much higher.

Would you recommend travelling to a bigger city to do direct day game?

Quote: (01-01-2012 12:17 PM)Andy_B Wrote:  

Quote: (01-01-2012 12:11 PM)Legoman Wrote:  

Would you recommend travelling to a bigger city to do direct day game?

Ah, yes. The size of your city may be the bottleneck. So, Definitely. You don't want to become known as "that guy".

Or alternatively. Go to a bigger city to sarge. AA also decreases with distance from your home environment.

But you can still experiment with street game in your own city.

Also, advice on direct street game: Your sets will only go well when you go in with no AA, no emotional investment. Get desensitized to failure. Learn to enjoy failure. When you enter a set with emotional investment, resulting from conquering AA, you will come off as creepy. The only way to get there is to fail a lot. Have no shame, lol.

Game should be a lifestyle, or part of your personality. It'll take time to make the shift, but it's worth it for the inner confidence. Anyway, some suggestions:

1. Online dating: put a lot of effort into it. If you live in a city of 120,000 people, you're going to have decent options. Check the OKCupid thread.

2. Social circle game: Go for the girls with one degree of separation from you. You'll have the validation/comfort by having a mutual friend, but you'll be unknown enough for you to present your best image to her.

3. Do social events where you will be rubbing shoulders with girls. If you're in a college down, go to the college bars and mingle. Do bar trivia with your friends and playfully trash talk a team of girls. Join an adult co-ed intramural sport league.