rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just bought a round-the-world ticket

Am leaving London on Monday but I am pretty psyched about this trip.

Itinerary is :

London -> Spain -> Ecuador (with trip to Galapagos and maybe side trip to Medellin, Columbia)-> Peru (including Cuzco / Machu Picchu) -> Argentina (including Patagonia / Mendoza / Cordoba / Salta) -> Paraguay -> Bolivia -> Brazil (Rio / Florianapolis) -> Uruguay -> Buenos Aires to pick up flight to -> Chile -> Mexico -> Texas (trip to Austin) -> Los Angeles -> Hawaii -> Australia -> Hong Kong -> South Korea -> Thailand -> India -> Jordan -> Israel -> London

It's a lot to fit in but I have 1 year to do it.

All my flights are totally flexible. Suggestions about how I should split the 12 months between these spots?

Won't be spending too much time in Buenos Aires as I already lived there for 8 months, nor Medellin as I lived there for 3 months in the last year. Hong Kong will just be a transit stop to pick up my flight to South Korea.

Likewise, am flying into Jordan as I could not get a direct flight to Israel so I am planning to go overland pretty quickly to Israel when I land in Jordan.

Paraguay and Bolivia i am planning as just overland travel spots to see on the road between Argentina and Brazil.

Tips and contacts about any and all of the stops appreciated. Anybody want to meet on the road? Anybody know any good local contacts / wingmen in these places?

It's a lot I know so I will start separate threads nearer the time I am in each place. Have already started the Spain thread.

Suggestions and comments please.

I have been considering a venture of this magnitude next year. What was the total cost for the round the world ticket if you don't mind me asking.

£2497 pounds - 16 Flights total.

The internal transport to Galapagos (once I arrive in Ecuador) Cuzco (once I arrive in Peru) and the HK to S.Korea flight is not included in that price though neither are the internal Argentinean flights.

That's pretty awesome. Don't think I could handle a straight year of travel myself without burning out and getting homesick. But it's fun to hear about others doing it. You got a travel blog up?

Check out more of Bolivia, it's probably the most unique and photogenic countries in Latin America. Mendoza is skippable IMO unless you really into wineries or plan on climbing Mt. Aconcagua.

Unless you like wine, mendoza is indeed skippable. Spend more time in cordoba instead.

Not a fan of paraguay. What are you going to do there?

Chile is like a lesser but more expensive version of argentina.

Thats a lot of f*cking dough. I would do it in a heartbeat if I could though.

That rhymed, maybe I should reconsider my rap career.

Quote: (08-02-2009 01:48 PM)College Game Wrote:  

Actually, that seems like a really good deal for 16 Flights.

How does this "around the world ticket" work? Do you pay in advance for a certain number of flights, but have flexibility on the dates and locations?

Your trip sounds incredible. Let me know if you want any information about Austin. I lived there for 6 years.

Quote: (08-02-2009 06:04 PM)PartyTime Wrote:  

Quote: (08-02-2009 01:48 PM)College Game Wrote:  

Actually, that seems like a really good deal for 16 Flights.

How does this "around the world ticket" work? Do you pay in advance for a certain number of flights, but have flexibility on the dates and locations?

You have 16 segments to play with. You can only go in one direction (for example you cannot cross the atlantic twice). If its not a direct flight and you need to change then the change counts as an extra segment (so only do direct flights for full value).

I paid through an agent after I worked out my route (not via the website below) as the agent offered a free service to change any and all flight for free.

The online route planner is here :

http://oneworldrtw.innosked.com/

With the agent I used you can, once you have taken the very first flight, totally change the rest of the intinerary - routes too - for a small fee. Date changes only are free.

Quote: (08-02-2009 06:11 PM)Eric Wrote:  

Your trip sounds incredible. Let me know if you want any information about Austin. I lived there for 6 years.

Best spots for day game? Best lounge bars / night spots?

Any adjustments required for gaming the local chicks?

Are they curious about foreigners (I am English).

Roosh,

"Not a fan of paraguay."

Por que?

I have never been but I have met fly girls from there.

I heard the nightlife is nothing compared to Buenos Aires.

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

It's the second poorest country in south america. You feel it.

I took a round the world trip about 3 years that was amazing
iternary was DC -> paris -> new delhi -> bangkok -> australia -> DC (mixed in a few other countries including singapore and NZ)

i used some low cost local carriers in some spots and saved alot of money. total price ~$2000. amazing trip

That sounds like an AWESOME adventure!!!

Let me ask you:
1. What are your goals (if any)?
2. Where will you be staying? Hostels? CS?
3. Do you have an operating budget?
4. How are you able to afford the money and time?

I think these answers will help everybody here turn their travel dreams into reality.

1. What are your goals (if any)?

My goal remains the same. To explore and to embrace all of the cultures of the world.

Having sex with the local wimmins is just part of exploring and embracing the culture. You cannot really know a country without knowing the local women.

I have been traveling and doing this since I had my last conventional job which was in 2006.

2. Where will you be staying? Hostels? CS?

I have been CSing so far in Madrid and Valencia. I have girlfriends in Ecuador, Colombia, Argentina, Mexico and Peru that I can stay with. I may or may not stay with them depending on the degree of freedom I feel like having.

My cousin lives in Australia so I will stay with him. In South Korea I will be staying with LatinStylez who also posts here.

Where I don't take any of those options or CS, I will stay in hostels.

3. Do you have an operating budget?

Yeah about 500 pounds per month but if I go over it, its not a problem.

4. How are you able to afford the money and time?

A mixture of things.

I teach guys how to be successful with women (call it PUA if you like but I don't really like that term). I just do this one-on-one with guys that I meet along the road and just based on word of mouth.

I play poker.

I rent out my pad in London.

If do lifestyle design coaching. In other words I teach people how to have the freedoms and lifestyle that I have.

I also has some other business ideas and projects on the go but nothing that I can't deal with using a laptop and a wifi connection.

Lumiere, after doing this, you're gonna give The Most Interseting Man in The World a run for his money. I'll have to do this myself one day.

Watching with keen interest.

Aloha!

While in Hawaii, be sure to visit Oahu's North Shore.

Quote: (08-18-2009 07:29 AM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

Why? What's there?

Quote: (08-18-2009 08:52 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Quote: (08-18-2009 07:29 AM)Kona Wrote:  

Aloha!

Why? What's there?

Between January and April, the North Shore is home to a number of surfing competitions. These events bring a tremendous amount of beautiful girls here from all over the world. Incredible numbers of swimwear and fitness models come here for the events. Numbers wise you get one of the best concentrations of fit, healthy, international beach girls anywhere in the world.

All of those places sound really interesting and there is no doubt in my mind that you are going to have a great time. I am going to critique your choice of visiting so many places in different corners of the world in such a short time. Unless you consider this trip a once in a lifetime experience (meaning you will never have the opportunity to travel again) it just seems like way too much. I am completely against RTW trips for most people.

It's far more expensive this way before of all the actual traveling costs (plane, bus) and the fact that you won't have enough time to be worth it to rent an apartment and save money on hotels and food (i.e. harder to cook).

What happens if you meet an amazing girl and have to leave for another continent a week later. Or a cool guy you decide you want to travel with but have plans to fly out shortly after. Of course your flights are flexible but that just means you wasted an expensive ticket to some place like India in addition to making your time in India even less.

What if you decide you really like a place and want to stay longer?

Those are a few of the major issues I have with it. It's great your tickets are flexible but if they're flexible it just seems like a waste in buying them ahead of time in the first place.

But despite all of these issues it's still amazing you will be traveling for an entire year and I hope its a good time.

Hmm, well I am 16 days into my trip so far and my total accomodation cost = 50 euros.

It terms of food, I can cook in my couchsuring hosts kitchen and sometimes they cook for me (Madrid host made me a nice chicken curry) and a lot of hostels have guest kitchens so I can cook there too.

As for girls, a lot of these places I already have girlfriends there. Colombia, Peru, Ecuador, Argentina and Mexico to name a few.

If I come across a place I really adore and don't want to leave then I will just finish my round the world trip and then fly back there. Simple really.

Quote: (08-18-2009 06:43 PM)Kona Wrote:  

Between January and April, the North Shore is home to a number of surfing competitions. These events bring a tremendous amount of beautiful girls here from all over the world. Incredible numbers of swimwear and fitness models come here for the events. Numbers wise you get one of the best concentrations of fit, healthy, international beach girls anywhere in the world.

Sweet. I will be in Hawaii around March time I think. Perfect.

Can you give more info as to how I would get invited to events? Good social circles to get into? Are there any PUAs there that could show me around etc.

"Sweet. I will be in Hawaii around March time I think. Perfect."

Where are you gonna be islandwise?

Aloha!

Quote: (09-02-2009 04:15 AM)Kona Wrote:  

"Sweet. I will be in Hawaii around March time I think. Perfect."

Where are you gonna be islandwise?

Aloha!

I arrive on the main island at the main airport. Apart from that I have no plans and no idea what I will do or where I will stay.

Suggestions?