rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Has anyone here ran game in Chico, California?

so i'm thinking of going to school here next year just wanted to see if any of you guys had any info or maybe even datasheets on the place...hit me up!

I've never been, but Chico has the rep of being one of the biggest party schools in the country, and the girls are supposed to be ridiculously easy to hook up with. I've also heard that there are a high percentage of hot girls, as party girls from all over Cali. go to school there.

Quote: (12-29-2011 01:41 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

I've never been, but Chico has the rep of being one of the biggest party schools in the country, and the girls are supposed to be ridiculously easy to hook up with. I've also heard that there are a high percentage of hot girls, as party girls from all over Cali. go to school there.

Yeah, I think any of the typical westernized game stuff should work there like clockwork. Awesome place, by the way. I haven't been there in about 7 years though, so I can't give any tips on places, but as long as you have decent social skills it won't take long to get the lowdown in a college spot liek that.

Have fun!

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Didn't MIXX went to Chico??If I'm not mistaken I saw some reports from him about the college scene there..

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

I graduated from there 2ish years ago. Of course that was during the course of my 6 year LTR! [Image: bash.gif] I say FOR SURE go there if you have the opportunity.

My two buddies that lived there cleaned house without being students of the game.

I assume you are not 21? If you are going straight from HS to Chico State, LIVE IN THE DORMS!!!!! Can not stress this enough. A huge regret of mine is not living in the dorms. You will meet tons of people from day one, form multiple social circles, and meet mad girls. Definitely live in the dorms. Then for your second year be sure to get a house with some buddies right off of campus.

Great thing about Chico is it is a legit college town. All of the parties are located right off of campus. Chico State campus, downtown, and all of the houses where the students live are in the same area. You can walk from party to party. Tons of drunk college kids all over the streets. It isn't as crazy as it was back in the day, but still a great party town.

If you are 21, LaSalles, Rileys and The Bear are the most popular bars. Big tip, don't fuck with the bouncers are The Bear. They are not particularly badass or anything, just typical college kids, but they are notorious for jumping people. Was my favorite bar when I first moved there, but can't stand the employees. Bartenders included. However it is a great bar otherwise. Especially the outside area which is huge and has a bar. Upstairs at The Bear is the dancing area. They also server burgers and shit in the day. Good place to meet up with friends for a beer and some food after class as it is literally right next to campus.

Saturday nights at LaSalles is 80's night, where the biggest of whores go. Great talent there if you can stand hearing Journey - Cant Stop Believing 20 times a night. A lot of my friends worked here. Most of the bouncers and some other staff train at Standalone MMA, where I trained, and some are pro fighters. They are actually really nice guys, and I've never seen them get out of line while bouncing. Cool group of guys if you are lookin to get into BJJ/MMA. I highly recommend the Jiu Jitsu class. Black belt instructor from Rio, 2 solid purples who are soon to be browns, one purple from Brazil who won Nogi Worlds (pretty big deal) and probably a dozen blue belts.

Rileys is more of the frat boy bar, even though there isnt a huge frat scene in Chico. Lot of talent here as well, but I didn't go there often.

Normal Street is more of a dive bar compared to the others, but gets packed. Think it is Wednesday nights they have buck night. Be careful of their long islands, they will get you super fucked up.

Save a few bucks at the end of the night to grab some slices of pizza from the Pizza Guys carts outside the bars.

Tons of shit to do if you are into outdoors. Bidwell park is awesome. Head to upper bidwell park when it is hot out and go to bear or salmon hole. Killer swimming spots with tons of girls. Also go to one mile, a swimming spot right in town. The creek runs into it and it is damned up and cementer in to form a swimming hole in town. This place is CRAWLING with hot girls. It is fuckin insane how many hot girls are there.

Watch your ass walking home at night. Hate to make a place sound dangerous, but Chico is getting worse and worse. I know several people who were personally jumped, mugged and even one girl robbed at gunpoint right on campus. One of my good friends got KOd from behind and woke up in the ER with his wallet stolen. A guy shot two people inside of LaSalles, where lots of my friends work and go every weekend. A guy was shot and killed outside of Normal Street just a few years ago. The problem is it's not like where in most places where bad shit is contained to bad areas, in Chico this shit happens where the college kids are due to wannabe gangsters coming up from surrounding towns to party.

Not to scare you with the above, but shootings and stabbings are far more common in Chico than they should be with such a small population. With that said, it is absolutely not a deterrent from going to school there. Day time in Chico is 100% safe. You only run into problems if you are walking home late at night and super wasted, or get into a fight.

With decent game you can clean house in Chico. Also the average Chico State student age is 24-25. Almost no one graduates from Chico in 4 years, so you expect to drag your college education out to 6 years and have a fuckin blast.

They also built a brand new rec center two years ago that has a huge gym, swimming pool and all kinds of shit. My boys say the place is packed with hot girls like no other.

Floating the river when it gets hot out is also great for talent. My buddy would pull girls back to his place from the river to party all of the time. Of course he is an approach machine, just a super natural. Still, place is packed with girls. Beer can beach is where you stop off and party. Little rock island in the river that will have hundreds of people partying on it. Be careful not to get hit by a giant rock. Everyone gets drunk and plays toss rock, which is like horse shoes but you throw rocks inside the tubes. Problem is sometimes a rock will hit the tube just right and go flying all over lol. One drink if the rock hits the tube, three if it goes in the middle.

Mountain Mikes has killer pizza, Tacos De Acapulco has killer burritos and is open late night. If you want sushi hit up the Rice Bowl. If you go to a concert at The Senator be sure to pre drink first because they only have a beer bar, which is fuckin stupid.

Ok, that big mess above is some of my Chico knowledge. Let me know if you have any other questions. I have two HUGE pieces of advice for you. 1. GO TO CHICO STATE! And 2? DO NOT GET A GIRLFRIEND!

You are about to have the time of your life.

Another tip, try to get only M-TU-W-THUR classes and take a 3 day weekend each semester. People will party hard on Thursday night, so try to avoid Friday classes if possible.

Quote: (12-29-2011 11:32 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Didn't MIXX went to Chico??If I'm not mistaken I saw some reports from him about the college scene there..

I think you maybe confusing Mixx with Giovonny, but I'm not sure about that.

Rionomad thanks for the datasheet, +1 from me.

Yeah Giovonny wrote a great datasheet about chico months ago but this is the only official chico thread (maybe someone wants to post giovonny datasheet on here to make it easier for people wanting to visit chico).

Rio Nomad do black or latino guys do well in Chico?

Chico is definetely on my list to visit.

Quote: (12-30-2011 05:00 AM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-29-2011 11:32 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

I think you maybe confusing Mixx with Giovonny, but I'm not sure about that.

yeah,maybe it was Giovonny who wrote it..anyway,great info from RioNomad!

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Quote: (12-30-2011 06:38 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Rionomad thanks for the datasheet, +1 from me.

Yeah Giovonny wrote a great datasheet about chico months ago but this is the only official chico thread (maybe someone wants to post giovonny datasheet on here to make it easier for people wanting to visit chico).

Rio Nomad do black or latino guys do well in Chico?

Chico is definetely on my list to visit.

Blacks and latinos shouldn't have a problem if they are not of the thug variety. Most of the shootings and stabbings in Chico are from Mexicans from other surrounding towns that move to chico who are into the whole norteno and sureno horse shit. A cool, well dressed minority shouldn't have any problems. I have a black friend there who seems to do pretty well with the white, college girls.

This is what I wrote last year..

"Just walk outside of your front door and there will be girls everywhere. The whole town is like one big college campus. You can go days without seeing someone over 25. It feels like a big party alot of the time.

All the action happens within 5 blocks of campus. Just go to Chico State and walk around. There is only one area for night life and its literally right next to campus. All the bars are right next to each other so there is no reason to even use taxis. Every store, market, coffee shop, retail place you go into will be full of college girls. One of my favorite places was the Safeway near campus.

Here are some other observations:

Its a mostly white, rural, farming town, they are not impressed with "big city" type of stuff. In fact, in alot of ways they look down on "big city" types. They are friendly people but they are not impressed with fancy cars, designner clothes, jewerly and stuff like that. Guys that do well here are just down to earth guys who wear jeans and t shirts. Alot of "local" guys wear cowboy hats and boots when they are out drinking.

The quality of the girls is not that impressive. Lots of 6's and 7's. But the thing is that they are all DTF.

If you can get white girls, you will do well here. But if you don't normally pull white girls, don't expect to find any chicks who will be creaming all over themselves just because you are brown. You gotta have decent Game and social skills. Not great, just decent.

There is nothing to do here excect party and bang.

I lived here for 2 years so I don't know about hotels. If you stay downtown you wil be good. Just go out at night in the downtown area and walk around campus and downtown during the day.

Don't go in the Summer cause all the students are gone."

That place is DTF city!

Its been recognized in a lot of magazines and mens lifestyle type stuff.

Thanks for the info, RioNomad and Giovonny!! I'm from the city, so hopefully there's not too many haters, but everything else sounds good! Just one question, I know the majority of people there are white, but is there alot of other races over at Chico like asian, hispanic, or africans? I love variety!! hahaha.

Quote: (01-17-2012 11:23 PM)GetEm Wrote:  

Thanks for the info, RioNomad and Giovonny!! I'm from the city, so hopefully there's not too many haters, but everything else sounds good! Just one question, I know the majority of people there are white, but is there alot of other races over at Chico like asian, hispanic, or africans? I love variety!! hahaha.

There is some, but not a whole lot. More Mexican and Asian than black, but your classes will be mostly white kids.

Keep us updated if you go. I had a GF during my time at Chico State, like a fuckin clown lol, so I will have to live my Chico State days vicariously through you.

Hey, I've been lurking on this forum for awhile but signed up to post here. Hopefully you're still around!

I live about 45 minutes south of Chico and party there on a regular basis. The data posted so far has been great but I would highly recommend The Beach. The owners of Panamas and Ubar bought out a connecting space between those two establishments and through in a dance floor. In one stop you get three bars and in general it gets a younger crowd than Lasalle's, has a better dance floor and then Panamas is quiet enough to actually talk in.

If you aren't 21 you can honestly just walk through The Aves and find house parties to crash. As long as you don't start shit you should be fine, but its always a plus to bring some booze or girls with you.

People in Chico love to party, and will get down for any reason. Halloween weekend is always big and I hear the population of Chico DOUBLES on the actual night from all the people coming to drink. I'm a beginner to game and a good 30 pounds overweight but still managed to get three make-outs and a some digits on Halloween, would've gotten more if I were more aggressive and had better logistics.

If all goes well I should be living up there this Fall, PM on here and if we mesh let's go out some time.

Can you still pull in Chico if you're older? Say late 20s early 30s?

Yeah. I used to live in the Bay Area. Chico is a legit party town. Some of the nicest and down to earth girls California has to offer.

I heard Chico was a major party school! and Hot chics

The point of modern propaganda isn't only to misinform or push an agenda. It is to exhaust your critical thinking, to annihilate truth.
- Garry Kasparov | ‏@Kasparov63

Quote: (04-20-2012 06:47 AM)xmlenigma Wrote:  

I heard Chico was a major party school! and Hot chics

Both true, though it isn't as big of a party school as it was in its' heyday. However, Chico still parties, that's for sure. Not a bad place to go to school at all.

Quote: (04-01-2012 07:47 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Can you still pull in Chico if you're older? Say late 20s early 30s?

Shouldn't be a problem. Chico has a decent bar scene and the average age of students at Chico State is right around 24-25 and the average Chico State student takes 6 years to graduate. It's known for having students stick around.

So, I got accepted and will be leaving this Fall! Hopefully, it goes as good as you all say. I ended up picking University Village as my first choice, so I could get my own room. My friend was telling me I messed up and should've picked Sutter Hall because it's closer to all the other halls, but oh well too late now. How is the privacy in the dorms though? Am I able to bring a girl back and have my own liquor stash? and how is the marijuana tolerance over there? I live in LA and there's a whole lot of medical shops here and its easy access. I'm thinking of getting my med card just so I don't have to rely on any dealers over at Chico lol.

Quote: (01-17-2012 11:57 PM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Quote: (01-17-2012 11:23 PM)GetEm Wrote:  

There is some, but not a whole lot. More Mexican and Asian than black, but your classes will be mostly white kids.

Keep us updated if you go. I had a GF during my time at Chico State, like a fuckin clown lol, so I will have to live my Chico State days vicariously through you.

Since you're gonna live through me I'm going to ask you a whole lot of questions to make my experience better haha.

Quote: (04-01-2012 02:50 AM)J_D Wrote:  

Hey, I've been lurking on this forum for awhile but signed up to post here. Hopefully you're still around!

I live about 45 minutes south of Chico and party there on a regular basis. The data posted so far has been great but I would highly recommend The Beach. The owners of Panamas and Ubar bought out a connecting space between those two establishments and through in a dance floor. In one stop you get three bars and in general it gets a younger crowd than Lasalle's, has a better dance floor and then Panamas is quiet enough to actually talk in.

If you aren't 21 you can honestly just walk through The Aves and find house parties to crash. As long as you don't start shit you should be fine, but its always a plus to bring some booze or girls with you.

People in Chico love to party, and will get down for any reason. Halloween weekend is always big and I hear the population of Chico DOUBLES on the actual night from all the people coming to drink. I'm a beginner to game and a good 30 pounds overweight but still managed to get three make-outs and a some digits on Halloween, would've gotten more if I were more aggressive and had better logistics.

If all goes well I should be living up there this Fall, PM on here and if we mesh let's go out some time.

I haven't left yet, so I'll PM you once I get up there.

Is it a bad idea to head to Chico for Monday, Tues, Wed nights? Have a trip to SF in a few weeks, was thinking of maybe extending it and heading to Chico for a few nights. But I'd only be able to do the early weeknights M-W...

I'm in Davis, a school a little better than Chico, and the non-elite California State Schools are great for women. The girls are really cute, not nagging self-righteous grinds, and have time to have fun since they're not fixated on success at any price.

There are always pockets of feminist harpyism, expecially among grad students, but less than elite schools.

Quote: (08-20-2012 01:17 PM)slubu Wrote:  

Is it a bad idea to head to Chico for Monday, Tues, Wed nights? Have a trip to SF in a few weeks, was thinking of maybe extending it and heading to Chico for a few nights. But I'd only be able to do the early weeknights M-W...

I think that might be ok. Chico State goes back to school next week, so people may be partying hard all week since it's the beginning of the semester. Not sure though. Google and see which night is Power Hour at Rileys, and Buck Night at Normal Street Bar. I can't remember, but those would be good nights.

yeah i didn't really believe everyone when they said chico was a party school, but now i'm a believer. this place could rival santa barbara...