rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Shouldn't hit the bars until divorce is final...

Having second thoughts about aggressively doing bargame/newbie mission until my divorce is final...but that's at least four months away!

The city I live in is pretty big, so the chances of being spotted are low, but the potential downside is huge. It's still adultery even though we're separated. We've been pretty amicable so far, don't want to fuck that up...

So other than day game, what else can I do? I find it's pretty hard to get the necessary volume of approaches that way, but that's another story.

I've heard some people recommend improv comedy classes as a way to help you think on your feet better. Anyone ever try that?

Any other recommendations?

As always, check with your lawyer, but...I checked into the adultery thing while I was getting divorced. If there are no kids involved, don't worry about anything. If there are kids, you may want to wait a couple of months (4 or so) before dating around. I'm assuming you don't live together anymore...lol. Judges know that people will date and take this into account. Just make sure that the person(s) you are dating were met after the separation and all should be OK.

BS

You might be right about the adultery thing, I guess I'm more afraid that I would lose a lot of good will that I've built up with her if it was too blatant. I feel like it would be a lot easier to explain away being seen chatting up a girl in Barnes & Noble than at some bar.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but can you give some more information about your marriage and divorce? How long have you guys been married? Why did you decide to divorce?

Quote: (07-25-2009 04:14 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

I hope you don't mind me asking, but can you give some more information about your marriage and divorce? How long have you guys been married? Why did you decide to divorce?

I grew a pair is what happened...

For various shameful reasons I stayed with a girl who I didn't really love for ten years. And she stayed with me despite my obvious ambivalence for her. We were co-dependence embodied.

This time a year ago I felt like I was on a death march to the altar and didn't have the balls to turn back.

Then I started reading roissy about six months ago and the rest is history.

'Then I started reading roissy about six months ago and the rest is history. "

Seriously?

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

Roissy is becoming the more-educated man's Tom Leykis.

Quote: (07-28-2009 11:22 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

'Then I started reading roissy about six months ago and the rest is history. "

Seriously?

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

Truth.