rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

I'm finding my issue in NYC isn't not getting laid. It's not too complicated finding a girl here to fuck. The issue I have on a normal night out is, most girls out there are simply not very attractive. Sure, many are doable, fuckable, what one would consider just at the bottom level of cute. Just imagine them naked, and I can picture what are surely to be cottage-cheese-like thighs from the extra 15 pounds they have from too much Chipotle under those leggings.

BAM! Instasoft.

Then there are a few cute-ish girls who, again, I could go fuck, but fucking average looking girls gets boring, and frankly, it's not always worth the effort both in getting them to bed, and actually traveling to them or bringing them home. I do believe it should be on every guy's mind to raise his standards. I rarely see any 8+'s. This is NYC. I would go to Meatpacking but I'm not into tall model type skinny eurotrash types. I like petite thin gorgeous girls.

Bottom line: Every guy has his own rating scale, so don't get hung u on my #'s. Point is, what do to when the issue isn't a lack of game, but rather lack of decent looking girls. #whysomanyuglypeople??

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Come to the DC/MD area, you'll change you're tune really fucking quick.

Though, I do get what your saying because even here the quality of girls you see during the DAY is much different then what you see at NIGHT. I think its as simple as hot girls dont go out as much. They go out for special occasions, but not just because its Friday. Where fat ugly girls go our more because they need to have drunk guys hit on them once a week to keep their self esteem above suicidal.

Try online dating

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Yo evanb, sorry we didn't get to link up yet, I owe you a drink in the new year when I get back to NYC.

Do you live in the same NY that I live in? Maybe our standards differ? Are you going to the right venues?

I often get the same feeling you do - that the girls aren't that hot. But that's in night game. I'll step in a bar on the Upper East Side and notice that the girls are all carrying extra weight from too many sugary cocktails and late-night snacks. But that's a bar-skank and venue problem, not an NYC problem.

Also, it's harder to judge in winter when girls are all wrapped up and may well be packing some secret fat under 4 layers of clothing. It's harder to get excited about a girl whose body shape you can barely make out.

Walk around Union Square any day, though, and you'll see plenty of hotties. I think day game is the way forward. I'm beginning to realise that, unless you go to elite venues, the girls you see out at night are a notch below those you see during the day. It's a hierarchy: at the bottom we have Craigslist / OKC girls, one step up there's your average bar-skank, up from that is the average girl you see during the day, and at the top we have the elite girls at the most exclusive night venues.

There are plenty of exceptions to this. Maybe the reason I think there are so many hot girls out during the day is that I only notice the hot ones while I might pass by 100 unattractive ones without paying attention.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Quote: (12-18-2011 04:31 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Try online dating

This might be the key. The quality of girl on OKC might actually be getting better than your average bar. That is, if you discount the intoxicating effect of beer-goggles, poor lighting and makeup when you go to a bar.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Same NY I'm pretty sure...and definitely, hit me up when you get back in town!

You may have a point there, with day game bringing in better quality than night. I usually hit up various spots on the Lower East, Murray Hill, and a few in W. Village, Upper East and Hell's Kitchen and Chelsea.

Everyone's standards differ, and I defintiely adjust mine based on the crown out a particular night.

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Quote: (12-18-2011 04:41 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Yo evanb, sorry we didn't get to link up yet, I owe you a drink in the new year when I get back to NYC.

Do you live in the same NY that I live in? Maybe our standards differ? Are you going to the right venues?

I often get the same feeling you do - that the girls aren't that hot. But that's in night game. I'll step in a bar on the Upper East Side and notice that the girls are all carrying extra weight from too many sugary cocktails and late-night snacks. But that's a bar-skank and venue problem, not an NYC problem.

Also, it's harder to judge in winter when girls are all wrapped up and may well be packing some secret fat under 4 layers of clothing. It's harder to get excited about a girl whose body shape you can barely make out.

Walk around Union Square any day, though, and you'll see plenty of hotties. I think day game is the way forward. I'm beginning to realise that, unless you go to elite venues, the girls you see out at night are a notch below those you see during the day. It's a hierarchy: at the bottom we have Craigslist / OKC girls, one step up there's your average bar-skank, up from that is the average girl you see during the day, and at the top we have the elite girls at the most exclusive night venues.

There are plenty of exceptions to this. Maybe the reason I think there are so many hot girls out during the day is that I only notice the hot ones while I might pass by 100 unattractive ones without paying attention.

Union Square is a goldmine. That's considered one of the best places in the country to meet attractive single women. Day game all day.

DC, unfortunately, isn't set up like NYC where you have large open public spaces that attract a diverse set of people. You do see attractive girls in downtown DC during the day, but unlike NYC, you have no reason being in that part of town unless you're working, and you're not going to have time on your lunch break to be making endless approaches. DC is the kind of place where you'll need to make a lot of approaches because chicks typically have their bitch shield up and it's a conformist corporate kind of scene downtown, which could stifle or at least presents challenges to your game strategy.

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

DC nightlife is hysterical.

I was at modern in Georgetown last Thursday night and there was NO passable talent, but on the walk to/from the bar from my parking space in Georgetown I saw several thoroughbred dime pieces and tons of 7-8.5's. Street sarging in Gtown from 5-8pm on a weeknight when the weather is decent is actually really good, but the girls aren't going into bars, they're just shopping.

NO sympathy for being unable to find hot girls in NY, they grow on trees up there.

DISCLAIMER: I don't know what I'm talking about and my posts are opinion, not advice.

Quote:Gmac Wrote:
your time > her feelings

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Quote: (12-18-2011 04:03 PM)evanb Wrote:  

The issue I have on a normal night out is, most girls out there are simply not very attractive.

You have any pics of what you think is attractive that you have a hard time finding in NYC? I ask cause I haven't encountered your problem in NYC.

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Quote: (12-18-2011 05:58 PM)Prowl Wrote:  

I was at modern in Georgetown last Thursday night and there was NO passable talent, but on the walk to/from the bar from my parking space in Georgetown I saw several thoroughbred dime pieces and tons of 7-8.5's. Street sarging in Gtown from 5-8pm on a weeknight when the weather is decent is actually really good, but the girls aren't going into bars, they're just shopping.

Gtown might be the only good day game spot in DC. I think most of those girls shopping are tourists.

But yea...u wont see those girls at night.

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Quote: (12-18-2011 06:11 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

Quote: (12-18-2011 05:58 PM)Prowl Wrote:  

Gtown might be the only good day game spot in DC. I think most of those girls shopping are tourists.

But yea...u wont see those girls at night.

In the summertime. It's completely dead most of the time the rest of the year.

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Quote: (12-18-2011 04:46 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Try online dating

This might be the key. The quality of girl on OKC might actually be getting better than your average bar. That is, if you discount the intoxicating effect of beer-goggles, poor lighting and makeup when you go to a bar.

More importantly, they're looking. Girls at a bar might be less, or completley unrecpetive at that point. If a girl is on POF/OKC then you know she's intersted in something. You just gotta make that something you.

I went to NYC over Thanksgiving and was BLOWN AWAY by the quality of women there. Again, this was in Times Square during the day mind you. It was still a much higher caliber of woman, only downside I saw was that the average guy was better looking and better dressed as well.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Quote: (12-18-2011 04:57 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

DC is the kind of place where you'll need to make a lot of approaches because chicks typically have their bitch shield up and it's a conformist corporate kind of scene downtown, which could stifle or at least presents challenges to your game strategy.

This is exactly it. You can get away with much more in NYC and the girls are out for all kinds of reasons in Union Square, not just going to or from meetings.

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Quote: (12-18-2011 06:54 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

DC is the kind of place where you'll need to make a lot of approaches because chicks typically have their bitch shield up and it's a conformist corporate kind of scene downtown, which could stifle or at least presents challenges to your game strategy.

This is exactly it. You can get away with much more in NYC and the girls are out for all kinds of reasons in Union Square, not just going to or from meetings.

There was actually an article about a study to see which areas of NYC featured prominently in "Missed Connections Ads." Union Square was determined to be the loneliest place in NYC. Here is the link: http://gawker.com/5858749/union-square-i...-york-city

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Quote: (12-18-2011 08:35 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

[quote] (12-18-2011 06:54 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

(12-18-2011, 09:57 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  DC is the kind of place where you'll need to make a lot of approaches because chicks typically have their bitch shield up and it's a conformist corporate kind of scene downtown, which could stifle or at least presents challenges to your game strategy.

i agree with the union square thing...i often find girls I like there by day. Correct, day game isn't a big issue. But the only place for night game that has decent women on a steady basis is probably the west village ie) veranda. Meatpacking's not my style women.

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Ironically...I find myself headed to DC tonight for a film shoot. Any suggestions for a Monday night out?

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

I ranted about this a little while ago, check it out - http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-8400-p...#pid128405

Also, NYC is one of the new places in the world (along with I assume LA), where you see the phenomenon of "whore-ding".

Whore-ding: keeping the hottest girls in very few "exclusive" venues and areas.
It's almost like a weird social contract that women abide by here - there is a minimum and maximum prettiness level to just about every single venue and you can see the "disturbance in the force" when this contract is broken.

I once saw an absolute 10/10 stunner - tan, slim, short shorts and high heels, towering over every person there super hottie - walk into "The Stumble Inn" - a place where the beers are cheap but the women are 6-es at best. And i could feel every other girl in that bar just radiate hate towards her, because, they were right - she broke the social contract. And the entire city is like that.

Thats the difference between NYC and, lets say - Atlanta.
The hottest girls in NYC are going to be way prettier than the hottest girls in Atlanta.
What you see on AVERAGE - the girls in Atlanta are going to be prettier than NYC.
If you go to a night spot - in NYC its either packed with hotties (rare but amazing), or its Sixes and the City. But in atlanta the pretty girls hang out in the same place the ugly girls hang out.

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

redacted

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Quote: (12-18-2011 04:46 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Try online dating

Hmm, interesting concept - the convergence of OKC and nightlife in terms of quality. I was actually at a bar Friday night, talking to some busted chicks, and my wingman later found one of them on OKC. And the bar I had been at before seemed full of the OKCupid types.

All that said, bars have a narrower range of quality than any large dating site, of course. Climbing up the range on an online dating site can get pretty hard though.

There's a private college campus near my house, and I've gamed a little there, and the average quality there blows out of the water every single bar I've been to in the city I've been to - I'm in LA though I don't frequent high end places much. The white girls there are thin and fashionably attired; their faces are good, though not exceptional, but just being well-turned out is enough to put them above the competition. And the dudes are just average.

IMO, the social pattern of female ugliness is starting to mirror that of having children outside of marriage. Drinking, smoking and doing drugs, getting fat, sloppy style, and coarse behavior starts at the bottom of society and creeps it's way upwards, to the point where huge numbers of formerly decent middle class girls are now disgusting mannish slobs. If you want to see high average quality now, you have to go to high rent districts and college campuses (which itself is a high rent district). There are demographic factors as well.

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Isn't it all based on the ethnic makeup of the city? Whenever I've been there, it has just been a squat, swarthy melting pot of the least sophisticated women from the least appealing places on earth. I've found even the fattest, most impoverished southern cities to provide higher average quality.

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Quote: (12-19-2011 11:30 AM)evanb Wrote:  

Ironically...I find myself headed to DC tonight for a film shoot. Any suggestions for a Monday night out?

Marvin's on 14th St & U. Rooftop bar.

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

in the summertime 230 5th is a great rooftop lounge with lots of bangable girls there. i opened a set at the bar because she was suffering from american girl cell phone syndrome, but calling her out on it got her attention.so is another spot called skyroom. int he winter time you should definitely check out le souk at 510 laguardia place. its a hookah lounge and restaurant, but it has bars on 2 of their 3 floors, so plenty of space to work. seems to be a lot of middle eastern and indian women there too, and the one time i went there it was almost exclusively women.

NYC is full of talent almost everywhere you go. it has to be the mecca of being able to game in the US. im a relative noob, but ive also had success there.

#WhySoManyUglyPeopleInNY

Quote: (12-18-2011 08:35 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (12-18-2011 06:54 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

There was actually an article about a study to see which areas of NYC featured prominently in "Missed Connections Ads." Union Square was determined to be the loneliest place in NYC. Here is the link: http://gawker.com/5858749/union-square-i...-york-city

hit up the whole foods in union sq.