rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

My workout

My workout

Thought I'd share my particular workout for guys trying to get in shape. I used to be 145 lbs at 5' 9'', which was a standard beta male body in America. I started a program called Stronglifts 5x5 that helped me gain 30 lbs within a year. I went from being the weakest dude in my gym to being in the top 10% in terms of strength. My workout:

Day 1 (A day):
5x5 squats
5x5 bench press
3xF inverted rows
3xF push-ups
3x12 decline sit-ups
"F" stands for "failure," meaning until you cannot do another rep

Day 2 (rest)

Day 3 (B day)
5x5 squats
5x5 overhead press
1x5 Deadlifts
3xF pull-ups (alternate grip between palms facing towards you and palms facing away every B day)
3x1 min. bridges

Day 4 (rest)

Day 5 (A day)

Days 6&7 (rest)

In week 2, you will do two B days and one A day, week 3 two A days and one B day, and so on.

If you want to cut fat, you must consume one gram of protein for every lb of lead body mass you have. Also eat a caloric deficit, meaning cut down on the twinkies and eat less calories than you hypothetically might need in a day. There are plenty of calorie calculators online for you to determine how many calories you need. Lifting weights is much more efficient for cutting fat than cardio, because muscles require a great deal of energy in order to grow.

These workouts take about 1.5 hrs to complete and you only need to do them 3 days a week. I sometimes get through workouts in about an hr if I'm especially motivated.

For those of you who want to resonate like an alpha male, one of the best ways for you to psychologically get into the alpha mindset is to be physically stronger than the vast majority of men you meet.

Other notes:

1. Do not change the workout. You must follow it exactly and don't cheat. Otherwise, you won't see the same results.
2. Yes, you have to do all of those squats. Squats and deadlifts are the two most physically demanding exercises and you cannot actually call yourself strong if you're not willing to build your lower body and core. You are making your entire body grow. That guy you see in the gym with enormous biceps is not functionally powerful.
3. Pay attention to your diet and make sure you are getting the grams of protein that you need. I suggest buying a big tub of whey protein. It's worth it.
4. This is very important: Add 5 lbs. everytime you are able to complete a set. That means if you hit 5x5 squats @ 300 lbs, move up to 305 lbs the next workout and try to hit 5x5 of that. If you cannot complete the set, then do not move up until you can. This might take 2-3 workouts, but you must persevere.

My workout

I am just wrapping up my first year on the 5x5 routine. Exact same routine as Batata. I went from 184 pounds to 206 pounds (at 6'2").

I dont look that much bigger, but when I move the muscle ripples. Especially the shoulders and chest. My jeans are all tight on the ass now, and I wore through the crotch of my favorite pair due to thighs rubbing.

I was Doc Holliday for Halloween and wore chaps. My ass was grabbed at least a dozen times. One of my friends is on this now because she saw what it did to my ass and wanted some of that lift. Her ass is perked up nicely and she lost almost all of her fat so I have to keep on her to pound back a litre of whole milk or 500ml greek yoghurt after the gym. I told her that her tits are shrinking (they are) so now she is eating a litre of greek yoghurt a day.

My workout

I had to buy a whole new set of jeans because I ripped about three or four pairs. Can't wear the same underwear anymore.

And yeah, I wish ALL girls would do squats.

My workout

Workouts are necessary for good Men's healths , Recently I have read in a article that it can help to improve the low T levels in the blood . Its helps in recovery of my other problems also.

My workout

Quote: (12-14-2011 04:51 AM)Laner Wrote:  

500ml greek yoghurt after the gym. I told her that her tits are shrinking (they are) so now she is eating a litre of greek yoghurt a day.

Laner are you in US, I am assuming not since you spelled yoghurt and not yogurt what we get here in USA Midwest for Greek Yogurt is little bitty cups of 6 oz that have 14 gm of protien in them. I go through three of them a day but would love to get it in liquid form so I can chug a litre [Image: smile.gif]

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

My workout

Awesome work out.

When did you start seeing results
1) how much weight you could move
2) physical effects

My workout

dupe thread

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-7563.html?

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-5908.html?

talked about in both of those threads

My workout

Quote: (12-14-2011 09:40 AM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Awesome work out.

When did you start seeing results
1) how much weight you could move
2) physical effects

You will start seeing results immediately. Not an exaggeration. You will have very rapid gains in the beginning, but they will eventually level out as you hit your physical limits. Once you reach that plateau, workouts get a lot harder and pushing yourself every workout is a requirement.

Once you get to the point of plateau, it becomes pretty easy to injure yourself, so please be careful and review the correct forms for squats, deadlifts, overhead press, and bench press.

My one rep max in bench (ORM) before I started the workout was about 130 lbs. Within a year, it was 205 lbs.

For squats, my ORM is 390 lbs.

The physical effects from this workout will depend on what you want out of it. If you are already skinny and trying to bulk up, then you need to eat a bulk diet. If you are fat and trying to lose weight, then this workout will shred fat off of your body so long as you consume one gram of protein per lb of lean body weight every day and eat a calorie deficit.

The obvious physical effects are that you will get much stronger and visibly jacked.

My workout

Quote: (12-14-2011 08:26 AM)Lothario Wrote:  

500ml greek yoghurt after the gym. I told her that her tits are shrinking (they are) so now she is eating a litre of greek yoghurt a day.

Laner are you in US, I am assuming not since you spelled yoghurt and not yogurt what we get here in USA Midwest for Greek Yogurt is little bitty cups of 6 oz that have 14 gm of protien in them. I go through three of them a day but would love to get it in liquid form so I can chug a litre [Image: smile.gif]

You can find Greek yogurt in that quantity at most supermarkets.

My workout

Just idly browsed the web and found a Daniel Craig interview: http://www.timeout.com/london/feature/20...-interview

From that interview:

‘The iconography of it is really important. I’ve just spent three or four months on and off with Tom Ford, trying suits on, over and over. It’s important. It just is. Whichever is the first suit I come out in, it has to have the reaction, “Oh, fucking hell, that’s a suit.” You have to have an eye on that and the look and feel of things. I’m in the gym every day, that’s the truth, I have to be there. I have to start doing it ten weeks off from filming, otherwise it doesn’t work.’

So apparently 10 weeks of daily workout might give you a James Bond body. [Image: wink.gif]

The Hawaii-Five 0 guy's routine is here: http://www.kinobody.com/1422/alex-oloughlin-workout/ He works out 5 times a week.

My workout

yo in the second link i got some dumbass page saying i was hacked in internet speak.

My workout

On rest - how much between
- between reps
- between sets
- between exercises?

And should you do these as slow as possible, or fast with form?

My workout

Quote: (12-15-2011 12:36 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

yo in the second link i got some dumbass page saying i was hacked in internet speak.

Oh, indeed. It worked when I posted it.
Here's a Google copy: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/se...de&strip=1

My workout

Quote: (12-14-2011 08:26 AM)Lothario Wrote:  

Make smoothies with it. That's what works for me. Greek Yogurt is so damn filling my mouth gets tired consuming the shit. Blitz it up though and you can get way more of it in ya quicker.

My workout

Is there such a formula that calculates the amount of belly fat you lose as your drop lbs? I started this no white carb diet about a month ago (170lb) measure around my stomach (37) and waist (31) also started working out. A month later I am now at 160lbs, probably mostly due to no more soda, Still 37 around stomach and still 31 size jeans. When should I start losing stomach flab?

My workout

Your stomach fat will be the last to go. Usually on Men your stomach packs on fat first and last, some dudes its the glutes). Your initial drop may have been water weight which is why it was so drastic. Keep on trucking and eventually your stomach fat will shed slowly and slowly.

I'm a lean dude my stomach got like a thin little nug of warmth on it. But its so small I notice when its gone (or comes back lol) But its usually the first thing to creep up after I have been slacking on diet and lifting or the last to go when I've been on a major ripper.

No white carbs is a good start, but how about lowering it some more. How many carbs do you still typically take in per day? This might speed things up a bit if you tinker with your diet some more.

My workout

Quote: (12-15-2011 12:59 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

On rest - how much between
- between reps
- between sets
- between exercises?

And should you do these as slow as possible, or fast with form?

This is just a rough outline. Between sets, you want about 2-3 minutes rest. Between exercises, give yourself five minutes.

When you plateau, you will find that you might need 5-7 minutes between sets in order to get charged up enough for the next set. When my body started to reach its first physical minute, it would take me about 45 minutes to complete a 5x5 bench workout.

You need to be using correct form or you will injure yourself doing these compound lifts, such as squats and deadlifts. When you start lifting heavier weight in bench or overhead presses, perfect form will make things much easier to push things up. Have a rhythm when you're doing a set. That's not a prescription for fast or slow, but just make sure there's some momentum there

My workout

Quote: (12-15-2011 02:25 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

Is there such a formula that calculates the amount of belly fat you lose as your drop lbs? I started this no white carb diet about a month ago (170lb) measure around my stomach (37) and waist (31) also started working out. A month later I am now at 160lbs, probably mostly due to no more soda, Still 37 around stomach and still 31 size jeans. When should I start losing stomach flab?

There is no such thing as spot reduction. You have to lose bodyfat all around your body.

To lose fat you need to be eating a caloric deficit. If you want to calculate your daily caloric needs use the following formula:

BMR = 370 + (21.6 x LBM)Where LBM = [total weight (kg) x (100 - bodyfat %)]/100

Note, you need to have a rough idea of your bodyfat % to make this work.

BMR = Basal Metabolic Rate, which is the minimum calories you need just to maintain your weight in a comatose state. Multiply the number you get in the above formula by one of the following numbers that apply to you:

1.2 =Sedentary(Little or no exercise + desk job)
1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active (Little daily activity & light exercise 1-3 days a week)
1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active(Moderately active daily life & Moderate exercise 3-5 days a week)
1.7-1.8 = Very Active (Physically demanding lifestyle & Hard exercise or sports 6-7 days a week)
1.9-2.0 = Extremely Active(Hard daily exercise or sports and physical job)

When you get your final caloric count, subtract 500, and that's the amount of calories you should be consuming a day. So long as you're lifting weights 3x a week and consuming 1 g of protein per lb of lean body mass, you should be losing 1-2 lbs a week. Keep it up for 3 months and you'll lose anywhere between 12-24 lbs of fat.

My workout

When I started paying attention to my diet, I realized why so many Americans are fat. If you're not paying attention to your calories, you'll pack on a lot of lbs, and there simply isn't enough information out there that's easily accessed for maintaining or losing weight.

For example, a Big Mac meal at McDonald's is 920 calories. Most American males need between 2500-3000 calories a day, so if you're eating a Big Mac meal, you've already used up between 37-30% of your possible caloric intake for the day if you're trying to maintain weight.

My workout

I checked Whole Foods and found nothing even close to the curd cheese, I suppose I'll stick with a muscle milk as my post workout protein source, for now.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

My workout

Quote: (12-15-2011 08:41 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

I checked Whole Foods and found nothing even close to the curd cheese, I suppose I'll stick with a muscle milk as my post workout protein source, for now.

WHy don't you get Cytrosport Monster Milk ? It's basically Muscle Milk with low fat. IMHO Muscle milk is too high in fat, if I were you I'd stick to Monster Milk or ON Whey.

By the way, has anybody tried a routine called DC (Doggcrapp) ?

My workout

Curd cheese is sometimes called Cottage Cheese also. I am sure Whole Foods has it kicking around somewhere.

Or you can simply get the South Asian stuff called Paneer. Same thing, just comes in a solid curd block versus the curdles like traditional cottage cheese.

My workout

Guys, btw.

what's your take on cardio?
I usually start with 5 minutes of walking or jogging for slight warmup ( I go to the gym in the mornings and need that to wake up ) and then I do my exercises.

I end with 20 - 40 minutes of cardio, running or crosstrainer.

Is that a good idea or should I do one day weightlifting, one day cardio, and so forth?

I do cardio to loose a little weight. And because it feels better to work at the computer if I start the day that way.

My workout

Quote: (12-15-2011 09:46 PM)bengalltigerr Wrote:  

Quote: (12-15-2011 08:41 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

WHy don't you get Cytrosport Monster Milk ? It's basically Muscle Milk with low fat. IMHO Muscle milk is too high in fat, if I were you I'd stick to Monster Milk or ON Whey.

By the way, has anybody tried a routine called DC (Doggcrapp) ?

I get muscle milk for free from work is the biggest reason. If I was buying it I'd just get some powder and mix the shakes myself.

@Muc

Dont do cardio on the same days you lift, though my general stance is, unless you're training to increase your cardiovascular stamina, cardio is moot. It just burns calories, which you dont need to do if you eat properly.

Now if you want the other benefits of cardio, increased stamina, leaner muscle mass, ect then yes do it. I'm biased against cardio though, I admit it.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

My workout

Thanks Chad. Hm. Any opposing views?