rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hawaii Datasheet

Hawaii Datasheet

I write this after 3 and half months of living in Honolulu, Hawaii. I had a post before on a comparison between Honolulu and my native Rio de Janeiro, which might be a nice complement to this datasheet for those interested in these parts of the world.

I’ll be in Hawaii for around a month and half still, but the moment feels right now to lay down my intense experiences so far. What I bring here might not be what you’d expect from such a “colorful” place as Hawaii, but I make an effort to write as truthful to my experience as I possible.

I would like to divide this into a more objective section, where I’d break down the many different venues I’ve been to, and an overall criticism and commentary of what I’ve been living in this place and my cultural impressions so far. If you don’t feel like knowing about the specific venues and logistic details of Honolulu, skip for the commentary for some interesting cultural insights and some of my stories here.

May I add that most of my exploits have been around the Honolulu-Waikiki axis, with few exceptions. If I eventually feel the need for minor updates and corrections, I’ll proceed accordingly.

I’d first like to start easy with a more thorough and logistical breakdown on the main venues I’ve been around, with already some commentary into it.

Partying with Aloha

There are 3 main party spots conductive to night game: Chinatown/Downtown Honolulu, Ala Moana Center venues and Waikiki.

Chinatown/Downtown Honolulu

This is the area of town that is considered to be the “most dangerous”, which strikes me, a native of Rio, as not dangerous at all. Across the river from Chinatown is where you’d supposedly find the main crack dealers and homeless etc etc, and although I’ve walked all over at night, not a single moment I’ve ran into any “threatening” figure. Roam the land freely night and day.

The heart of Chinatown lies at Hotel Street, past Nuuanu Avenue, the “entrance” to Chinatown. Hotel st and its surroundings are the places to be… whenever Downtown is the “hotspot” of the day. I’ve been many times to Chinatown to find it dead. Eventually, I got the hang of it: the time to hit Chinatown hard is at First Friday of the month, where the whole island seems to congregate there. Starting at around 6, the many art galleries open up for exhibits, there are a good number of street performances, most musical in nature, and until 10 there is a small section of the street that is closed, where there is a DJ and some food and drink stands. The crowd gathers around those spots till 10pm, when they flock to the clubs of the region up until 2am when people are (aggressively) pushed away by the police, coerced by LOUD sirens that make the place unbearable to stay at.

I’ll name some of the places to be when in Chinatown, though not exclusive only to First Fridays’, it is good to know that that is when the crowds flock more consistently.

Chinatown

BamboTwo

BamboTwo is a favourite of mine. A nice and cozy martini bar where you can pre-drink and start your first approaches of the night, before you hit some of the nearby clubs later on. Gets pretty full on First Friday’s, but I’ve been there on other days and you might find some people. Great for dates on emptier days.

Smith’s Union Bar

A very traditional Bar in the area, very small and tight with some nice Karaoke. Can be very empty on nights where there isn’t much going on in Chinatown, but worthwhile to check out if nothing else.

SoHo

What seems to be the closest to an “alternative” venue I found. SoHo is a LOUD danceclub with two side by side dancefloors that spill their loud music to each other. Did I mention loud? Yet, some action goes on here, especially on First Fridays. As all clubs around Chinatown area are equally loud, I actually prefer this one as it at least had more space. Some variation or other of dancefloor game is recommended, although I always try some approaches closer to the bar. It gets some crowd even when it is not First Friday. 10 $ cover charge, like all other clubs on the area.

Bar 35

It is a famous spot, although I find it quite the same as other neighboring clubs at Hotel St. For some reason, this one gets more line and more people flocking in on First Friday’s. Never bother to try it on any other occasion other than First Friday’s, my guess is it would be quite dead.

O’Toole’s Pub

I like this place a lot. Located on the edge of Chinatown closer to the seaport, with some live music. A decent hotspot on Mondays and Thursdays, where people flock to watch some local (and good) Reggae artists, such as Mike Love (I think that’s his name). Good on those calmer days with not much else. I had some funny stories that started in this place.

There are other small clubs at Hotel St. that, as far as I can tell, only get a decent crowd on First Friday’s, and I never bothered to try them on different occasions, as Chinatown, with few notable exceptions, was pretty much hit or miss crowd-wise.

Downtown – Aloha Tower venues

Going down Bishop Street, towards the seaport, more or less 5 minute walk from Chinatown is Aloha Tower Marketplace, a sort of mini mall during the day and a party place at evening.

Aloha Tower

When I first heard of “Aloha Tower” I thought of a tall building with many floors… not. There is a small “tower” after you pass the mall area in an open space section. This is where you can be presented with some live music gigs and a decent crowd in many occasions during weekends. I actually had a Brazilian friend working there on the evenings, and on the very few times I’ve been there, I got in for free. Usually, many live bands play there close to the open court area, with some bars nearby. I was told that the parties (some electronica) are quite expensive… It is just worthwhile to know that it gets a good crowd going on most weekends.

The Villa

At the entrance of the Aloha Tower “mall” area, before the actual “tower”, going upstairs on the first escalator you find a club called The Villa. The first time I went there I was quite amazed. I will discuss how the different crowds work in a second, but this was the place I actually had my initial taste for the local, Hawaiian crowd, as it is a place more downtowners go, and less of the Waikiki international crowd. My initial impressions of this place were quite positive: a trendy, inexpensive lounge with a dancefloor going on. I was dazzled the first few times I went by the crowd, but the negative sides of clubbing these parts of the world soon became clear. The bouncers here are pricks, and I got pointlessly shouted at and had a flashlight thrown to my face because I was carrying a beer bottle to the dancefloor with me, as I had no idea it was a no-no over this part of the world. Aggressive, authoritarian bouncers like I’ve never seen before, something I had to get used to, as they are common in other venues as well. The other bad thing: the music is loud, too loud. Even if you stay closer to the bars to approach a few girls, you won’t be able to, because of the all imperative loud music. Also, if you need to go to the toilet, be ready for a trip across the other side of the mall. The place has a cool vibe that is ruined by bad logistics to run game, with an oppressive atmosphere by the bouncers, and you get literally pushed out by them at 1:30am… which I find quite lame.

Overall Crowd at Downtown/Chinatown venues

I’ll have this section where I talk a bit about the crowd on each of these spots. The Downtown/Chinatown area usually aggregates a more local crowd, with the exception of First Friday, where the international students and international crowd overall gathers over there. Slightly younger crowds in clubs. It is important to mention that, whenever and wherever you go, things go dead in Downtown after 2am. You only have an average of 4 hours to “do your thing”, which gave me the feeling of working against the clock.

Ala Moana Center venues

These are the venues over at the huge mall at Ala Moana neighbourhood, located halfway between Downtown and Waikiki. Over the top floor at the mall, at evenings, there are 3 great spots where crowds flock during weekends: Mai Tai, Pearl and Tsukiji. During the week, these function as dining places with happy hours, but I’m focusing on them as weekend clubs for late hours (partying ends at 4am over here).

Mai Tai
Starts early and gets crowded during weekends, with live bands playing. A good time to arrive would be around 8-9, where it might be full already. No cover charge, you just get in, struggle your way between the crowds for a nice spot. It is open, with some couches and benches near the bar, but the main focus usually is the band playing. Nice spot to warm up before hitting the other two nearby venues, as this one closes much earlier than the other two.

Pearl

This seems to be one of the most heard off venues around, at least amongst locals. Some locals seem to dislike it for it “posh” vibe, apparently… supposedly, you need the right shoes and pants to get in. It is a cozy lounge with a small dancefloor that gets a crowd going on weekends. I like the vibe quite a lot, by far one of my favorite places. The music is not that loud and plenty of side bars you can approach girls more easily than the dancefloor. Highly recommended.

Tsukiji

Nearing Pearl is Tsukiji. A restaurant during the week, a nightclub during weekends. My favorite spot by far (more on this later). It is considerably more spacy than Pearl, somewhat darker, same price range, more or less the same crowd, maybe slightly younger. Spacy dancefloor, while allowing some quieter space close to the bars for some flirting. Tsukiji is halfway between Pearl and Mai Tai, all of these on the upper floor there on the mall.

Drinks at these venues averaging at 6, cheap beers at 4, cover charges at 10.

The crowd

Oh my. These Ala Moana spots are largely for locals. Few of the foreign crowd goes here, and when they do, they go to Pearl. But the crowd here is slightly distinct from those at Downtown… They dress up more for these venues, and you see much more of the different Asian mix/blends Hawaii (Oahu?) is known for. Pearl has a slightly older crowd than Tsukiji and Mai Tai. The girls? Beautiful, drop dead gorgeous. Mixed, half Phillipino, Korean, Japanese, Native Hawaiian, White, Black… all over. I am an assumed Asian fetishist and I couldn’t believe my eyes when I went to Tsukiji for the first time on a crowded day. I had a moment there where I thought to myself “I’ll never leave this place”. It was very short-lasting, and the reasons will be discussed later on. Essentially: the hottest Hawaiian/Asian girls flock these venues at Ala Moana Center. The girls: drop dead gorgeous mixed Asians, 7,8,9s all over. Maybe some of the prettiest girls I’ve seen in my life. (Again: I’m an Asian fetishist). Mai Tai is always full from 8-9pm onwards, till it closes like 1am. Tsukiji seems to get fuller on Fridays, Pearl on Saturdays, both closing at 4am

Waikiki

Yup, Waikiki seems to be where most of the action goes. Seems… and it might just be depending what you are looking for. I am sure that there are many venues here that I haven’t been to, and I’ll be sticking to those that I know well.

Basically, the bulk of the action here seems to be focused around Lewer’s Street and Kuhio Street, and both intersect.

Senor Frogs

At the corner there at Kalakaua Av. And Lewers St. you go up the escalator to Senor Frogs. I fondly remember my first week in Hawaii going there for the first time… felt thrilling to be on the other side of the world experiencing the nightlife. Very touristy, attracts many of the international crowd that lives there at Waikiki and nearby. I used to go there a lot before I got the hang of other places, and was quite amazed not only to find that many of the people that work there are fellow Brazilians, just to realize how international Hawaii is. I’ve ran into people from all around over here, east and west. Well, mainly west really, and some lost Japanese tourists. Few locals, cheap alcohol, loud music, an erratic and wild aura. I got tired after a while, and only went there on Wednesday’s, the dollar drink night where it was the hot day to go. It has a loud dancefloor and two external balconies (one for smokers) where is more propitious for talking game. People do seem to get crazier here… but Waikiki’s trademark is of having the places people go the craziest, a contrast with the aforementioned venues. Closes at 4am.

Moose’s Pub

The upper floor with a cover charge is where the action goes. Not worthwhile coming here any other day than Tuesday, the hot night with cheap drinks when gets crowded big time. With people from everywhere except Hawaii, mostly. By far the most international of these places round Waikiki. People get erratically drunk, go to the dancefloor and (lo and behold) hook up. This might be the “easiest” place… ironically, where less locals are drawn to. Definitely worth checking out on a Tuesday night, right there at Lewer’s street.

Kelly O’neals

A nice Irish pub with live music every night, right in front of Moose’s. There is never really a “right” day to go there, unlike nearly all other venues. It is just a nice alternative and a different environment away from dancefloors, and a good choice on the only quieter day of the week, Sunday. Also had some funny stories going at this place… I think I might have a better time at Irish pubs than other venues. Nice if you are more of a conversationalist, like myself.

Zanzibar

I haven’t been to this place. It deserves mention because it is close to the other places (located at Kuhio Av.) and it seems somewhat popular. I haven’t been here for a few reasons. I don’t like the vibe… I’ve been walking by the entrance there many times and always saw many police cars in front of it. I heard of many fights going on there. I was told by few local guys (a guy that worked on the toilet at Sr. Frogs) that it is “gangsta”, and they had to explain to me what they meant by that. There are lots of prostitutes around the area. Overall, it just didn’t seem the vibe I’m into, and I just mention because yes, it does get a crowd going.

Nashville Waikiki Country and Western Bar

I just have to mention this as a warning! I was there once with a few of my German friends before I went to Pearl solo one evening. They took me there, as it was close to their place. Hawaiian girls are naturally slim and fit, and the only place I actually ran into chubby girls at consistent numbers was here, and all of them (I opened them as warm ups) were from the mainland. I find it really curious that the only place I ran into chubby girls was a place where the mainlanders went to… irony? It is down there at Kuhio Av. I can’t really recommend it.

There are other clubs over at Waikiki, but I haven’t been to them all. As far as I can tell, they follow more or less what you find at the aforementioned venues.

The crowd

The crowd at Waikiki is largely International. Many Europeans and Japanese tourists, the later especially during the day, but some venture at night as well. From the European side, as far as I can tell, the great majority come from Scandinavia (many!) and German-speaking countries. But you can really find people from all over. The presence of local Hawaiian/Asians was considerably less than other venues… which for me was quite a turn off from the Waikiki scene after a while, as I strongly favor the looks of local girls, albeit the Scandinavians can be stunners. If I wanted to go after Euro chicks, I’d go to Europe, not Hawaii.

A worthwhile mention is that as Honolulu is quite small, it is inevitable to run into people you know every now and then… expect it.

Party every day of the week guide

Although initially I was quite frustrated with the party scene here, I gradually got the hang of it. It can be quite hit or miss, and if you aren’t aware of the hotspot of the day (I’m still learning), you’ll be running into empty venues. Thus, after a while of going out a lot, I could come up with a safe guide of the places you could go on every night of the week looking for a crowd to work on.

Monday- O’Toole’s Pub (Chinatown/Downtown)

Monday nights is when popular local artists play their reggae, and they seem to have quite a fan base. On a normally quiet day like Monday, O’Toole’s gather a nice crowd on occasion, with more local girls, and less “posh” ones as the ones you’d find at Ala Moana Center venues. No cover charge, ends at 2am.

Tuesday- Moose’s Pub (Waikiki)

A really hot night in the middle of the week. Dollar drink night with cover charge at 5$ before 10pm, 10$ after. Gets pretty crowded with the aforementioned Waikiki crowd. Ends at 4 am.

Wednesday- Senor Frog’s (Waikiki)

Dollar night at the Frog! Wild party, possibly wilder than Moose’s. No cover charge, dollar drinks till 1 am. More tourists / short term visitors here than Moose’s.

Thursday- Varsity pub

I didn’t mention Varsity before because it is somewhat isolated from the other places. Located close to the Manoa neighborhood and the University of Hawaii, it is largely a student bar, where they flock on Thursday nights. Loud music, but with an outside sitting area and a pool table. Known for the dangerous 12 dollar Long Island Ice Tea, where you get a 1 liter bucket for it. Many Norwegians flock there these days. No cover charge, ends at 2am. If inspired, drag yourself to Waikiki (25min walk?) and hit a place like Kelly O’Neals that closes at 4am.

Alternative: O’Toole’s Pub

O’Toole’s also has a hot reggae night on Thursdays.

Friday- Tsukiji / if First Friday- Chinatown

I was told by my sources that the day to go to Tsukiji is on Fridays, as people go to Pearl on Saturdays. Go start your evening at Mai Tai than move to Tsukiji around midnight. Open till 4 am, 10 $ cover charge.
If you happen to be over on a First Friday, do go to Chinatown. Arrive early (7ish) and roam the streets or stick to a loungy place like Bambo Two. At 10pm, hit one of the aforementioned Chinatown/Downtown venues. Party ends at 2am.

Saturday- Pearl

Same procedure as Tsukiji: start early at Mai Tai then move to Pearl. Gets very crowded, some line. 10$ cover charge, ends at 4am.

Sunday- Kelly O’Neals

Not much going on on Sunday. Still, Kelly O’Neals is a good bet. I’ve had some fun here on Sundays, arriving at around 10, watching the band play. Some lost tourists and some regulars, and actually some locals, at least on Sundays. No cover charge, ends at 4am. A reasonable crowd for a quiet day.

Commentary: Trouble in Paradise

My first moments in Hawaii were optimistic. I was happy with the new environment, new people, new everything. I was going under lots of stress before coming here, so I was taking things slowly, just testing the waters. I was approaching girls alright, but wasn’t too worried about it. Right in the first month, I ran into some Brazilian guys (who work at Senor Frogs). I talk to one of them (quite a player, hooking up with the Scandinavians) about the girls over here. He warns me “Dude, if you are looking for sex, go to Brazil, here you have to chill”. Now I fully understand the weight of that statement.

For the most part of my time here I thought that the problem was with me. And, of course, in part it was. I was in foreign ground, approaching foreign women; different environment, different scenarios. Soon it became evident that I wasn’t on the level of game I thought I was. Gradually, many, many flaws and weaknesses were being exposed. People party a lot over here, and I by going out a lot and getting lots of practice, my weaknesses started to become crystal clear. I started to have many deep, painful revelations about myself and about women. I was working on myself, pushing it, coming up with different approaches, different styles, different venues etc. I crumbled. I stood up. I crumbled again. I stood up again. On and on and on. After 2 months, I started to feel like a completely different person, but the pain lingered on. I was practically getting no results for the insane amount of effort I was putting out. And things got worse (then only 2 lame notches, all from drunk passer-by girls) as I decided to venture away from the international crowd at Waikiki to prey on the much more attractive (to my eyes) local girls.

After so much failure, after having my spirit crushed so many times, I eventually started to get numb to the whole thing. I saw myself doing things I had never done before, feeling more like a machine. Going out 5 times a week. On occasion, approaching 15 girls a night. I had memorable game moments where I wished I had filmed, so tight I felt my game was. I was turning into a “game athlete” and yet no makeouts nor bangs, just many, many flakey numbers. I have been flaked beyond belief. Completely insane evil flakes. It made me completely change my view of the opposite sex. And still I persisted, doing my best to go out every night anew, open and bitterless as I could to try and meet women.

It took me lots, lots and lots of hard knocks to realize that, on essence, the problem wasn’t me. I had doubts concerning my looks. All the frustration I had from these failures I instead directed to the gym, and together with a change in diet (thanks to a nutritionist I went before leaving Brazil) I have now the greatest body I’ve had my entire life. I’ve always struggled with an “ugly duckling” complex, even though I know I am quite good looking. Ironically, I’ve never been as confident with my looks as since I’ve been here. I’ve been complemented on my looks like never before, on a weekly basis… Yet, no bangs from these attention whores.

I started talking to other guys, and make observations. The guys I knew were hooking up were doing so within the international crowd. I don’t know of a single guy, including those few from abroad that have been living here for longer, that actually hooked up with a local girl. I’ve been talking to some of my European friends, a very few that actually started to venture with me away from the Euro-crowd, and they too had similar complaints. Insane flake rates, no makeouts, difficult/impossible girls, having to go out many times a week for nothing etc etc. I came to the conclusion that it is only possible to hook up with girls that aren’t local, otherwise you’d get frustrating stories like mine. And I find that sad. I actually believe that, albeit beautiful, native girls from the island of Oahu have “problems”, and not me.

That, my friend, took me a long, painful time to realize.

I looked around at clubs, at the end of the night. Out of 100 people or more, I could only see 1-2 couples making out (at Tsukiji, for example, the memory is crystal clear in my mind). My good Danish friends that have been going out with me also were in disbelief, saying that much more people would be hooking up in Denmark on a similar scenario.

Recently, I’ve been talking to some local guys. That was when I actually sealed my conclusion that there is something wrong with Hawaiian girls, as harsh as it sounds. They all agreed with me that they are insanely difficult. Last night I had the last drop of insight, that actually made me want to write this before I planned to (I was waiting till it got closer from my departure). After my 5th night out this week (I went to Pearl), after pushing myself to exhaustion, I was walking home when I ran into these two guys that had a girl with them. I went past them, and breathed deeply before I talked to them. I wasn’t really sure what I wanted, but I just asked “Excuse me, but do you know where the afterparty is?” (My usual line for girls after I leave the clubs. I fire this at all of them). The two were very nice, and as we walked, the girl walked past us and we started a conversation on local women. Ironically (not!) they were having a conversation on the theme themselves, ie. Why those girls are so damn difficult?! Apparently, according to them, I was spot on on my observations. I had a very reassuring and relieving moment where one of them said that I “was not alone”. Apparently, they go through the same shit. They actually told me that I “came to the wrong place”, that I probably heard that people get laid easily in the mainland (yup, I heard that) but not in Hawaii.

The girls are difficult, play insanely hard to get even when it is obvious they are interested in you, hand their phone numbers like candy to never be heard from again, won’t make a single effort to flirt, will just walk off without saying a thing, ask you to buy drinks…

Some examples of interactions (all local girls, all with the looks that turn me on):

-I was next to the bar at Mai Tai. Hot girl with trendy hat nearby, by the looks seemed half-Phillipino. I stare at her; she looks back and smiles assertively at me. “Game on” I thought. She returns to her table. I stand at table close to her, close to the live band. Soon, she stands up and comes right next to me and starts dancing. In seconds, I gently touch her and ask simply “excuse me, can you tell me the name of the band?” I said it right next to her ear, completely hearable. She completely ignores me. I was like …the fuck? In few seconds, I repeat the procedure. I touch her and give the same line, expecting just a modicum of human courtesy, not even about game anymore. Stares at me as if I’m an alien and goes back to her seat, then leaves.

-At SoHo, on a first Friday. Cute girl, Hawaiian, Japanese decent, like so many. Edge of dancefloor. I opened her with a simple “hey” and some light teasing and observation. She seems engaged. We dance a bit, we talk a bit. I tease, we” flirt”, and I can tell she is interested (obvious by her body language), yet she can’t reciprocate human affection that well (she actually said that she didn’t “need to flirt, as guys hit on her nevertheless”). After something like 20 min she suggests she wants me to buy her a drink if I wanted to talk to her any further. I turn that back at her and freeze her out with a tease, leaving her for a while so I can work somewhere else. I return something like 15 minutes later. She sees me and seems happy, smiles, although hardcore hard to get attitude. I talk some more, isolate her to the bar, feed her some cheap beer. Kino, escalate. She has no capacity what so ever of giving me eye contact as I talk to her, and I tease her on that. Proceed escalate, go for the kiss. Head turn. 5 min later, I do it again. After a while, she gets into a mini-existential crisis, asking why did I choose her, “why me?”. She wanted to know why her over other girls. I think I handle that quite well, but after that I can tell that momentum has been lost, and I decide for a second freeze-out, leaving with a more impactful exit. And yes, never seen her again (at least I didn’t get into the phone number scam with this one). Whole interaction: over 1 hr.

-At Tsukiji. Very cute half-Japanese. Open her next to the bar. Seems open and friendly. We make small talk, she seems polite and interested. She excuses herself because a friend of hers arrives and she is to say hi to him. I stick around with my Danish wingman (there are two of them, I usually hang out with one at a time). Even as she was talking to her friend, she was kind enough to point out that I had let a dollar fall from my pocket. After less than 10 min, she is again next to the bar, by herself, signaling that she wanted to be re-opened, and I proceed accordingly. I had one of the most epic moments of game with her, as I could deeply engage her like I’ve done few times with girls with such skill. I could actually feel the connection, the attraction was tangible. She was shy and smiling and I felt I made her feel like a little girl when I stared her straight in the eye and mentioned that she had a hard time looking at me while we talked. I could tell she was very attracted to me, and we had some light kino going. She excused herself, as she told me she had to leave early as she had a friend’s marriage the following day. She seemed compliant when I go for her number (I already understood that making out is tough for these girls), and she tells me that “I am seeing a guy right now, but it is nothing serious”, and she agrees with me that we had a special thing going that night and was worthwhile the “risk” of seeing each other again. She gives me her number and tells me to text her so she had mine. 40 minutes after she leaves I text her with a short message. In less than 30 seconds she answers me with “It was very nice meeting you =)”, enough to make anyone optimistic. …Never answered my calls, never saw her again!

-Phillipino cougar at Pearl. Asian women don’t get old, it is amazing. We talk and flirt for a while at a table close to the dancefloor. As we get the conversation going, she hits me with the following “Are you single? How come, you are good looking. Don’t you have a girlfriend here? Don’t you have a girlfriend in Brazil waiting for you?” She gives me her number as she leaves the place. We text and talk on the phone during the week. She works at night, so we were planning a lunch date over her part of town (30 min by bus from where I live). After almost a week since we met, I go over to a mall where we agreed to meet. We had sort of a hurried lunch, as she was going to work, but it was nice. We agreed to meet on the following evening for some drinks, her idea, at Waikiki. I told her I’d call her and we’d agree on a time to meet over there, as she was to leave work late. I message (she answered my messages during the week). I called (she answered my calls no problem during the week). But I get nada while trying to set the second date on the following day. Well, at this point I already was living without expectations what so ever, so I didn’t even feel bad about it. I went out to Waikiki by myself, even though I was completely tired after spending the whole day at the other side of the island.

These are just samples of many, many interactions that I had over the last few months.

Hawaii is a beautiful place, surreal nature, incredible and interesting culture. But I can’t really recommend it as a place for going after the women, unless you stick strictly to the European girls and other tourists, have insanely superior game and is ready for hard work or come here to appreciate things other than women. I like the food, for example [Image: dodgy.gif].

It actually pained me to see friends getting it on with the Euro chicks while I ventured “out of bounds” to go after my fetish needs towards the local girls and consequent frustration. It is not easy, I tell you. Bright side is, my game has never been so tight. Although I’ve been experiencing game and approach fatigue, the craving makes me go out nevertheless.

I recently did score with a hot cougar in my small trip over to the Big Island (one of the most fascinating places I’ve seen in my life), as she dragged me to her car after a whole night of pushing it with many girls as far as I could. Nevertheless, I still find it completely unsettling the whole situation over here.

I might still add something or other over here. I’ll still be in Hawaii for around a month and a half, probably spending my last days in Maui, another island. I might have some new things to add eventually.

This is a long datasheet, meant for those interested in the area, and also a mean for me to put out there a bit of the frustration I’ve been experiencing so far. It is good to let it out like this.

Amour Fou

Hawaii Datasheet

Great data sheet. I definitely want to do Honolulu one day.

Hawaii Datasheet

Interesting write up man, I'm surprised to hear that you had such a tough time in Honolulu.

Sounds like your experience over there has caused you to step your game up, so you'll probably be killing it when you get back to Rio.

I feel you on a lot of stuff from your experience, as far as the phase you when through going out approaching like a machine, running what you felt was solid game, but not seeing the results, and dealing with super flaky women, and especially flaky numbers.

Honolulu may be particularly bad from what you're saying, but I really feel like your location and the dating scene, "busted dudes test", and "sexual market values" (SMV), all factor into play, and ultimately your location will dictate a lot of your success. At least you were in a city with a somewhat decent population, hot women, and nightlife options, that in itself is a huge step up being in a small town like me, where the options really limit the game.

You said the locals were tough and the other Brazilians were scoring with the European tourists, did you have any success switching to trying to game the Euro babes instead? I would think that being Brazilian on the mainland would be a DHV, American chicks all like "exotic" guys especially when they come from cool countries like Brazil. Maybe the international factor is less important in Honolulu because it's got so many different people.

Did you try any online game over there? It seems like that's becoming an increasingly popular and easy route towards getting laid, although some may argue is not as much "pure game" like cold approaching in a bar. Also did you ever try to link up with Kona? That dude sounds like he get's more ass than a toilet seat, although it sounds like he might be a good looking, ripped, rich, gangster, surfer local, which obviously puts him at a major advantage.

Hawaii Datasheet

Sounds likes Zanzibar bar hasn't changed a bit. I remember a massive bloody fight breaking out front while I waiting in line. Definitely wasn't my scene either.

Hawaii Datasheet

great data sheet bro thanks!

One thought - places where the locals are tight knit, but there is a lot of tourism (out of towners) the girls tend to be really tough.

this was my experience in Puerto Rico, and also living in Las Vegas. I'd hook up with tourist chicks, but girls that lived there were more difficult than other places I've been to/lived. Vegas has a small town feel if you live there - I'd run into the same people all the time at different venues. The girls are used to tourist guys trying to pick them up, and local guys wanting fast sex because they are used to female tourists.

I've picked up in just about every major city - used to travel a lot as a dating coach. The hardest places have a smaller community plus high tourism/transient population. Hawaii is an island so it's obviously more tight knit than say NYC, or even your average Big Ten college town. Puerto Rico, Vegas, same thing. Noticed this to a degree in Orlando as well. In Chicago, local girls are DTF all day. I think that was my most prolific city besides NYC.

Hawaii Datasheet

Another jaded tip from Ali-B:

Go to Alley Cats in Waikiki. 2260 Kuhio Ave. A true test of seasoned players.

Hawaii Datasheet

@OGNorCal707- Hehe, what you wrote reminded me of what my Danish friend was telling me the other night. He was cheering me up by saying I should see the whole thing as a boot camp for when I get back to Brazil. I don't like to think ahead, there is still some time till I return (late Feb) but yeah... For the sheer effort I've been putting here, I'd be having orgies back home. Add that to the game insights I've been having...

@ AliB- Jaded indeed, that seems to be a shooting alley! The way things are going for me, I might try and use the girls as target practice, not a good idea! [Image: lol.gif]

@Iceinthewater- Interesting insight... seems plausible from what I've been experiencing here.

Hawaii Datasheet

Great data sheet!!!!
Many thanks!

Hawaii Datasheet

I just read the whole sheet. Great work putting in all that effort and not giving up on local girls.

I always chase local tail and don't care so much for tourist/western girls anymore. Locals are a lot harder to slay sometimes.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Hawaii Datasheet

Are the tourist girls easy lays then?

Hawaii Datasheet

One thing I learned when I lived in Hawaii is that before you plan a night out in Waikiki or Honolulu (or any place that includes any mainstream tourist spots), make sure you know if there's an aircraft carrier in town. I used to live in Waikiki, and when a carrier was in port the Sailors (dudes) were everywhere at night.

Hawaii Datasheet

"Soon it became evident that I wasn’t on the level of game I thought I was"

Same thing I felt in my last quick trip to Europe..it's harder than gaming at home,for sure, but like you said,It's all experience that will contribute to the improvement of out game later on..

Amour, read the whole datasheet; awesome,perfect post. +1.

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

Hawaii Datasheet

So basically the easiest place to get the bang is Moose's? Anywhere else that you had an easier time with? I heard because the military base is there, some of the clubs are filled with those army muscleheads. Did you have any problem with that?

Hawaii Datasheet

Quote: (01-10-2012 06:44 AM)anewtypedude Wrote:  

So basically the easiest place to get the bang is Moose's? Anywhere else that you had an easier time with? I heard because the military base is there, some of the clubs are filled with those army muscleheads. Did you have any problem with that?

I would say that the easiest places to get laid are the venues in Waikiki at Lewers Street (Moose's, Kelly O'Neals, Senor Frog and Coconut Willies, which I didn't mention because I started going there later on my trip).

There you can find a tourist girl that will get pissed drunk with cheap alcohol and will have a one night stand with you, and leave the place after a few days.

People party hard over those venues, but nevertheless, there is a lot of competition from guys as well. Rough environment. Although it is the "easiest" place in town, I still can't say it is easy. I had the worst cockblocks in my life at Lewers Street.

As Smitty mentioned, seasonally (once a month? I couldn't keep track of it...) the military will show up in Waikiki and take over the place. Heavily drunk miltary guys (and gals!!) running amok, and there is a special police force around these times to keep an eye on them. The advice that I recieved from a Brazilian friend that has been living here for a while is to not go out when the military are in town, as it is a waste of money, as the girls won't go out (except the really slutty ones) so they don't have to run into the military.

I actually had interesting conversation with quite a few guys from the military (and a few girls!). I had the impression from them that the locals dislike their presence on their lands...

I almost ran into problems once with a military dude. My friend from Rio who's been living here as well had his girl from home come visit him. We were at O'Toole's Pub (downtown) and it was a sausagefest, full of drunk military guys (quite a contrast from the usual O'Toole's vibe, with its great local reggae artists). There was a crazy drunk military dude that started hitting on my friend's girl while she was between us two! My luck is that I had befriended one of this guy's friend, and they helped us push the guy away. Not interested in picking up fights with guys from the military....

Hawaii Datasheet

Quote: (01-10-2012 07:52 AM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Heavily drunk miltary (gals!!)

Now that would be an interesting flag lol..there are some hotties or just masculine chicks?

Not interested in picking up fights with guys from the military....

Definetely not a good idea.

Hawaii Datasheet

Hawaii sounds a lot like Miami. If you really want to get laid, focus exclusively on Canadian tourists and European girls in hostels.

Otherwise, expect a lot of the same attention whores who flake, or just seek validation of their beauty by strange men, then they go home and fuck their neighborhood weed dealer.

Mixx

Hawaii Datasheet

Quote: (01-10-2012 08:49 AM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Heavily drunk miltary (gals!!)

Now that would be an interesting flag lol..there are some hotties or just masculine chicks?

That's the thing, I was actually impressed to run into some decent looking military chicks! I was surprised actually... but tough to get to them when they were surrounded by huge drunk military thugs, but I chatted up a few.

Quote: (01-10-2012 09:23 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Hawaii sounds a lot like Miami. If you really want to get laid, focus exclusively on Canadian tourists and European girls in hostels.

Otherwise, expect a lot of the same attention whores who flake, or just seek validation of their beauty by strange men, then they go home and fuck their neighborhood weed dealer.

Mixx

But Mixx, get this: I've ran into local girls here that were downright, insanely RUDE. As in call you names and tell you to f*ck off for NOTHING. I mean... I started to feel that there is something deeply, deeply wrong with some of these girls. Some seemed downright sociopaths, pointlessly aggressive... Are Miami girls equally snobbish and RUDE or they just flake flake flake?

Hawaii Datasheet

Damn you're still out there, when you going to hit Cali. and do that road trip? You got to check out the West Coast, I got a feeling you're going to love it here.

Hawaii Datasheet

Quote: (01-10-2012 04:44 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

But Mixx, get this: I've ran into local girls here that were downright, insanely RUDE. As in call you names and tell you to f*ck off for NOTHING. I mean... I started to feel that there is something deeply, deeply wrong with some of these girls. Some seemed downright sociopaths, pointlessly aggressive... Are Miami girls equally snobbish and RUDE or they just flake flake flake?

Welcome to what American men have been dealing with over the last 10 years! It was not liek this before Facebook and MySpace fucked things up in 2004!

Back in 1995, girls in America actually went out to hook up and meet new guys, today, they know they can go home on Facebook and pick from over 100+ e-mail invites to kiss their ass at will!

It's not you, it's the digital fuck-up decade of 201x, I have been told to "fuck off asshole" just for merely asking a girl how she is doing!!

Wait 'til you get to Miami, expect more of the same or worse!

Mixx

Hawaii Datasheet

So how can you tell if the military is in town? Is there an announcement board somewhere? lol

Hawaii Datasheet

Quote: (01-10-2012 04:59 PM)OGNorCal707 Wrote:  

Damn you're still out there, when you going to hit Cali. and do that road trip? You got to check out the West Coast, I got a feeling you're going to love it here.

Hey! Yes man, still here. I'll be leaving Oahu this week and spend 10 days in Maui before I go to Cali. Things are still a bit loose on that roadtrip, it just might be less of a roadtrip afterall, but I'll be crossing the continent nevertheless, I have no choice but reaching Florida mid February. I'm with my old man who's been missing me tons, and we'll see how much both of us can take on this roadtrip, otherwise we'll be taking some "shortcuts". But I'm sure to visit some big cities on the mainland, no doubt, starting from California. I'll write about it when I have some time, I'll be going pretty much nomad the following month and a half.

Quote: (01-10-2012 05:04 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (01-10-2012 04:44 PM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Welcome to what American men have been dealing with over the last 10 years! It was not liek this before Facebook and MySpace fucked things up in 2004!

Back in 1995, girls in America actually went out to hook up and meet new guys, today, they know they can go home on Facebook and pick from over 100+ e-mail invites to kiss their ass at will!

It's not you, it's the digital fuck-up decade of 201x, I have been told to "fuck off asshole" just for merely asking a girl how she is doing!!

Wait 'til you get to Miami, expect more of the same or worse!

Mixx

I was on the line for the New Year's Eve at Aloha Tower, drunk, high-energy and cheerful with many of my friends. Behind me were three -cute- Asian-Hawaiian chicks, the very kind that have been freaking me out the last months, but hey, it doesn't hurt to try. I said hi and asked "where are you from?" I was told to "fuck off" repeatedly, and I was so indignated I had to have my friends hold me back for a moment. There was this local guy with them that looked like their pet, and while they were screaming at me, I raised my hand to him and politely introduced myself. But the girls were so deranged that they didn't let him talk to me and he complied, obviously put back by their behavior.

God bless america.

Quote: (01-10-2012 06:37 PM)anewtypedude Wrote:  

So how can you tell if the military is in town? Is there an announcement board somewhere? lol

Dude, you can easily find out by asking a local barman over at Waikiki, it shouldn't be hard. But, really, the military will be the least of your concerns. I had a much, much harder time with the girls than the military dudes, I talked to many of them and they all had some interesting stories to tell (for example, going to Afghanistan, learning their language etc.).

Hawaii Datasheet

I am still working on my update, but meanwhile I just have to add a "minor" something for people who might come to Hawaii to know...

Cockroaches: expect it.

I come myself from a tropical country. I've seen badass big cockroaches back home. But in Hawaii they are just pandemic, as it seems. And they are BIG. I see cockroaches this big back home only occasionally. Here, they are the norm. I was told they are nicknamed "B-52s", for a reason!

You guys that live in cold countries have it good...

Hawaii Datasheet

Amour, I'm really curious to know how it will be for you in other American cities. Hawaii is regarded as one of the hardest places in the US(as you experienced it first hand)to get laid.
I'm wondering if you will have the time to do some hunting in other american cities.
Make sure to compare'em with Hawaii if you can

Hawaii Datasheet

If a girl I did not know told me to "fuck off" I would sincerely ask her if she wanted to fight. If she wants to enjoy the fruits of civilization, she can act civilized or be met with resistance all along the way.

Last weekend I went out, was having a good time until I accidentally bumped into a girl behind me. I admit it was rough and probably a little painful for her. She said "what the fuck! Control yourself, you idiot. No, just go".

What the hell happened to basic manners? Having bumped into her etiquette and protocol I was raised with said give her some attention, make sure everything's ok, be graceful. In return, she should acknowledge your pure intentions. THAT'S HOW WESTERNERS are supposed to be raised.

After her reaction, I told her "hey, I'm sorry you got hurt. But if you want to be a bitch, maybe you should go home and look at facebook instead". I turned my back but she didn't follow up. Given that girls in my town are super argumentative I regarded that as a victory.

Nice sheet Amour, good of you to share!

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Hawaii Datasheet

Hey Amour, I didn't get to read this data sheet till now. Thanks for sharing.

Did you think the local girls were warmer to the local guys or are they equal opportunity bitches? I'm thinking if I looked like the local Hawaiian guys (which I do) I would perhaps get an easier pass...