rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Fabulous Life of a Go Getta: New Orleans Edition (Lessons and Tales).

Greetings my aspiring, budding and experienced game maestros. I hope this weekend presents you all with success in the form of a bang, or at least some progress towards that end.

I just wanted to drop you all with some entertainment value from one my legendary weekends in New Orleans some years ago. It was a star-studded affair in which me and my crew were outdone by the likes of LL Cool J, and a weekend in which I found myself getting chased by Solange Knowles' (the sister of Beyonce) security detail following an inappropriate, yet hilarious, question I asked her during brunch at an expensive restaurant.

I just want to say before I begin that New Orleans, for those who haven't been, is undoubtedly one of the most interesting and unique cities in the US. Sometimes described as the northernmost city of the Caribbean, New Orleans' blend of cultures--from French European, to Cajun, to Creole--and cuisine really makes for one special place ideal for revelry unmatched by most cities.

What prompted this trip between me and my crew back in 2008 was the Essence Music Festival. For those who may not know, Essence is the largest annual gathering of African-Americans of any event in the world. Over 200,000 people, the majority of them female, come to New Orleans for this event each year to celebrate contemporary African-American music and culture. I didn't see more than a handful of white people during that weekend and, at times, I honestly felt like I was in a different country, which was quite intriguing.

The year we attended, Kanye West was one of the headlining acts, along with Chris Brown (though they had separate sets, of course). Me and three of my boys, all working corporate jobs in NYC at the time, flew down to New Orleans with high anticipation. We chose the Crowne Plaza hotel on Canal Street, which was right in the heart of the action within the French Quarter and adjacent to the world famous Bourbon Street.

The scene that greeted us upon our arrival to the hotel was something akin to a carnival parade. There were fine black women everywhere, and we couldn't wait to take it all in.

There was much fun exploring, drinking, and meeting with women during that time. However, the real action--the purpose of this thread--begins with the concert and the after parties.

One of my boys worked at Sony Music's HQ in NYC, so we had the inside connect with the backstage party during the main night where Kanye West and Chris Brown performed. I can't begin to tell you all how crucial that was. What's funny, and as the pics below show, our contact was so key that we were the only ones allowed in backstage without passes.

There was a free and fully stocked open bar. I didn't waste no time and helped myself to some Rosé champagne. There was also an abundant serving of hors d'oeuvres. The women in there were unbelievably hot and from all over the country. They were industry chicks and groupies from places like NYC, Atlanta, and Los Angeles. It was a true goldmine. I bumped into and conversed with luminaries like Al Sharpton, Roland Martin and Soledad O'Brien (CNN anchors), Lebron James, Chris Brown, and Kanye West, among other notables. Of course, for me and my boys, our mere presence was a big demonstration of DHV and the ratio was very much in our favor. We had excellent pickings which we exploited for that night. I even fucked a girl in between some curtains behind the sound stage during Kanye's set. It was very surreal.

Now, the following Saturday night, we wanted to do it big as we had money to spend and wanted to really position ourselves at the forefront of the social politics that weekend. We decided to get table service at THE main club that was going off that night. The promoters happened to be Marc Barnes (founder of legendary DC establishments like Love (formerly Dream), Republic Gardens, and The Park at Fourteenth) and his business partners.

Having a table that night was an epic demonstration of DHV as we supremely distinguished ourselves from the rest of the male party-goers. We had our pickings of which chicks we allowed into our space behind the velvet rope. In a couple of instances, chicks left the guys they were with to come party with us. It was absurd. We were drinking and having a ball with no further effort on our part. Most of the chicks were southerners and they LOVED the fact me and my boys came down from NYC, three of them being NY'ers while I rep DC. We were making out with them, feeling up on girls and didn't have a care in the world knowing we would have at least one, but possibly two or more girls each to ourselves to go back to the hotel (or wherever) with.

Then, the unthinkable happened. LL Cool J showed up out of nowhere. He posted up in an empty corner within our VIP section. This caused a commotion among the club patrons unlike anything I've ever seen in my life. He just stood there for an hour taking pictures with just about every girl in the club. They were screaming and going crazy for this guy, sometimes even crying. After spending an hour taking away the spotlight from us, he decided to bounce, but not before having a newly formed entourage of the hottest chicks that were in the club leave with him, including the ones we (me and my boys) were planning to hook up with. To say I was devastated doesn't even begin to describe the level of disappointment I felt. However, being a true g in this game, I had to recognize game and give him his props. I even chose to take a picture with dude, but, as you can see, far from a happy one.

Nevertheless, there were a few girls left who, for whatever reason, I assumed they calculated that it wouldn't make sense to be among the dozens of girls following LL, chose to stay. They were decent, but nothing really to write home about. We at least went home with something, but we were still in awe by what had happened.

Funnily enough, Beyonce's shadow, her far less popular sister Solange Knowles, showed up not too long after LL Cool J left. She came to our section and was dancing, and I approached her and began to dance. She has a kid and possibly a hubby/boyfriend at the time, so I didn't care to impress her and asked for a pic of us. She declined, but offered that I could take a pic of her, which you can see below (or the next post if my pics don't all fit in this one). For some reason her response didn't rub me the right way and I moved on to the girl that I planned to go home with later, and I did (to her hotel). It was a solid bang and she turned out to be a freak (I nutted in her mouth and she swallowed).

The next morning, I smashed again, said my peace, and moved back to my hotel. Only one of my boys was there. He had a successful night himself, and we decided to get some breakfast at a sick restaurant a few blocks down Canal Street. It was an elegant restaurant that served upscale French Creole cuisine. We got our meals and, wouldn't you know it, Solange (Beyonce's sister) shows up with her entourage (including a weird dyke-looking chick I recognized around her the night before) and a couple of swoll cats who were obviously part of her security team. They sat at the table immediately adjacent to us, and she was looking my way and giving me a lot of eye contact. Me and my boy jokingly suggested that she was probably into me, and for some reason, we were on the topic of Mike Tyson (my boy is from Brooklyn). We were joking about Tyson's girlish voice and, at times, surprisingly decent working vocabulary. Then, the thought occurred that I should approach Solange and ask her, in classic Mike Tyson vocabulary, if she would "fornicate" with me! We knew we had a bit of time to prepare for this epic moment as her and her team just arrived. We immediately called and texted our other two friends so that they could be there for the "moment." They soon arrived and happened to have cameras on hand, one of them with video capability. I urged one of my friends to record it so that we could possibly put it on YouTube and fashion me as some up-and-coming black Ashton Kutcher [Image: smile.gif]

My friend was rightfully worried that a member of Solange's entourage would attack him and try to obtain the camera if he was seen recording. I felt that was nothing to be worried about as it would make way for a potential lawsuit ($$$). I still insisted that he should record and run away if need be. So, after this back and forth, we decide to get up and proceed for the exit, and I was going to go forward with "the question." So as my friends are heading for the door, and all eyes are on us, I pause with Solange looking directly at me. I call her name and ask her, "will you fornicate with me?" Her jaw literally dropped and one member of her security team looks hostilely at me and says, "come again, bruh?" I ask again, "will you fornicate with me?" My friends don't even wait til' I finish the question the second time around and hauled ass. I then walked out and made a right out the door noticing a huge guy moving towards me in my periphery. Being considerably lighter and certainly quicker than this gentleman, I begin to jog briskly and lose him in the crowds of people walking along Canal Street. Luckily, my hotel was nearby and made my way in there quickly and into the safety of my hotel room.

My boys and I soon reunite and we have a good laugh. I just wished that one of them didn't pussy out by not recording the whole affair. I'm sure it would have been a mild hit, at the least, on YouTube.

Moral of the story: I can be a bit of a crazy asshole while I'm out there doing my thing in this game [Image: wink.gif]

[attachment=3726][attachment=3727]

More Pics...

Wow, may I be the first to say you are the man.
Where do you live now? Still DC.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Ahhh Essence Fest. I went this year (and every year since I was 16) and as always, it never disappoints. Being from New Orleans definitely works to my advantage on out-of-towners much the same way as you being from DC works on the natives. Out of town women LOVE my accent, and can't wait to see the REAL New Orleans outside of the normal tourist spots. If you love black women, as my man clearly pointed out, Essence is THE music festival to hit up during Fourth of July weekend.

Great story.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

You don't fcuk about, bruv. And you are serious with the pics too. To quote an old early 90's cliche, you seem too legit to quit. I gotta pick up a nice cam from future shop tomorrow.
Farking 'ell.
P.S. That lizard in the multicoloured pants has a mad onion. She needs some hot DNA dropped off in her nether regions.
Bloodclaaarrrrt...
+++1

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (12-03-2011 04:56 PM)maVIn Wrote:  

Ahhh Essence Fest. I went this year (and every year since I was 16) and as always, it never disappoints. Being from New Orleans definitely works to my advantage on out-of-towners much the same way as you being from DC works on the natives. Out of town women LOVE my accent, and can't wait to see the REAL New Orleans outside of the normal tourist spots. If you love black women, as my man clearly pointed out, Essence is THE music festival to hit up during Fourth of July weekend.

Are they easy to slay?

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Great story and props from my end as well. I always wonder why NO doesn't get much love here. MaVIn, bust out a sheet..

Oh.. and HC you should take that pic down of the technicolor big booty girl before Moma sees it. He won't stop PMing you for weeks.

I think I've been to New Orleans three different times. I've been down for the Bayou Classic football game (Grambling vs. Southern), and another time for a pre-season game between the Colts and the Saints. I've never been able to rally a crew to head down for the Essence Music Fest. One year I should just roll down solo and check it out.

That LL story illustrates just how scandalous chicks are, and how they're blatantly searching for the upgrade. They'd rather hold on to a dream of hitting the lottery - to compete with hotter chicks with the hopes of being the one he chooses, instead of the sure thing with some decent cats that don't happen to be famous. I hope all those bitches got trains run on them...

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Nice!

Great story dude.

oh and LMAO @ the ll cool j pic.

Quote: (12-03-2011 05:45 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Quote: (12-03-2011 04:56 PM)maVIn Wrote:  

Are they easy to slay?
Well, as we all know from being apart of this community, its only as easy (or hard) as you make it. Sure its alot of competition and as much as I hate to sound cliche, if you have tight game and clearly display value, yeah its easy.

Quote: (12-03-2011 05:52 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

I think I've been to New Orleans three different times. I've been down for the Bayou Classic football game (Grambling vs. Southern), and another time for a pre-season game between the Colts and the Saints. I've never been able to rally a crew to head down for the Essence Music Fest. One year I should just roll down solo and check it out.

That LL story illustrates just how scandalous chicks are, and how they're blatantly searching for the upgrade. They'd rather hold on to a dream of hitting the lottery - to compete with hotter chicks with the hopes of being the one he chooses, instead of the sure thing with some decent cats that don't happen to be famous. I hope all those bitches got trains run on them...

You know, it goes both ways. We were the upgrade before LL came through due to our VIP status with the table service. I think in those kind of situations, girls are always on the lookout for the next guy who can show more DHV.

In the case of LL, it's truly astonishing in that he was in his early 40s at that time. You've got to assume that he's been going hard like this for at least 20+ years since he came out in the 80s, if not before then (locally). When you're seen as being fit, rich, and successful, you've really won. Think of LL compared to the average 40-something year old guy. No competition whatsoever. Me and my boys were in our mid-twenties then (the prime of our lives) and he still won. That's real.

I just dont understand why you didnt approach Solange when she was eye fucking you..you made a bad move bro.

Quote: (12-04-2011 11:25 AM)pitt Wrote:  

I just dont understand why you didnt approach Solange when she was eye fucking you..you made a bad move bro.

Lol. I hear you, but there were several reasons I didn't. I wasn't really all that attracted to her and I was leaving NO that day. Though, it turns out her baby daddy is a football player, and I'm a relatively big guy, but I'm not sure if the eye contact was attraction or what. I didn't pick up the vibe that it was. I know from experience that sometimes girls do that just because... Also, something I didn't really explain in the story was her dyke-looking tomboy friend. She was this chick wearing a baseball cap and dark glasses, and was hanging around real close to Solange, even at the club the night before. She was seriously cockblocking when I was dancing with Solange, and loudly protested when I asked if she would take a pic with me. She actually was the one who answered for Solange, but Solange offered that I take a pic "of her" and her friend seemed bothered by that, too. I wonder if Solange is bisexual. Anyway, she's been up to some crazy shit lately. She was in the news for shaving her head not too long ago. I'm good on that.

[Image: picture-755.jpg]

Quote: (12-04-2011 11:20 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

You know, it goes both ways. We were the upgrade before LL came through due to our VIP status with the table service. I think in those kind of situations, girls are always on the lookout for the next guy who can show more DHV.

In the case of LL, it's truly astonishing in that he was in his early 40s at that time. You've got to assume that he's been going hard like this for at least 20+ years since he came out in the 80s, if not before then (locally). When you're seen as being fit, rich, and successful, you've really won. Think of LL compared to the average 40-something year old guy. No competition whatsoever. Me and my boys were in our mid-twenties then (the prime of our lives) and he still won. That's real.

Yea but does the average black 40+ year old male get face tucks and botox to look younger? Nay, so don't beat yourself up too much, bruh. Natural vs Cosmetically enhanced. Cosmetics usually win..initially.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (12-04-2011 11:55 AM)Moma Wrote:  

Yea but does the average black 40+ year old male get face tucks and botox to look younger? Nay, so don't beat yourself up too much, bruh. Natural vs Cosmetically enhanced. Cosmetics usually win..initially.

He hits the gym hard and has a better physique than most guys (of any age). Then when you consider how many girls grew up with him in their minds being the epitome of cool and sexy, he's still going to win. Can't even be mad at that.

Quote: (12-04-2011 12:27 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Quote: (12-04-2011 11:55 AM)Moma Wrote:  

He hits the gym hard and has a better physique than most guys (of any age). Then when you consider how many girls grew up with him in their minds being the epitome of cool and sexy, he's still going to win. Can't even be mad at that.

LL puts in the work. I believe he has a book out regarding exercise, diet, etc. Hollywood is full of guys that have let themselves go, and coast purely on fame without having to look good. LL was also one of the smarter cats businesswise in the music business. Some time ago in an interview he talked about being smart with the money you make, especially early on. Recording artists really don't make much on album sales - they get pennies per unit. Retailers and labels make most of the money. You get an advance, but the label takes off the top everything they laid out, plus what they put into ads and promotion, studio time, etc. You have to move several million units to start seeing any real money. Most artist take the advance and run to Jacob the Jeweler and the auto dealership and blow it on shit that has depreciating value. LL talked about leasing a more reasonable vehicle when it wasn't in fashion, and not blowing it all on some gaudy custom watch/jewelry. Of course, when you get a certain age it's hard to continue to be taken seriously in hip-hop, so he parlayed that into a successful acting career. Good for him.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."