rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How do I get them to stop checking their phones?

I'm seeing these 3 girls right now, 17, 20 and 20 and I go out with them once or twice a week for 2-4 hours.

They check their phones every 30 minutes if not every 20 minutes and its really annoying. Two of them even get out of bed after sex and check their phone to text their gay friend or roommate, or whatever.

I've tried teasing them with "okay you have 10 seconds left on that thing", or telling them how its annoying how young people these days are always on their phones, and I bring it up often, its not like I let it slide, but to no avail.

I hate to get all hitler on them over their phones but its pissing me off and I want to do something. I'm a really layed back dude so I don't want to seem uptight or anything but considering I even sometimes turn my phone off cause I don't feel like getting interrupted while I'm with them, it feels kind of disrespectful though I don't think they mean it to be.

You've actually done what you should do - you called them out politely on it. Unfortunately, it's a sign of the times we live in - people have a hard time putting down their phones, and women are the greatest offenders. It's an addiction/compulsion for some I think. They become agitated if they're away from the device for too long, and when they're not on it, they're thinking about it.

However, it IS disrespectful. Women demand we be attentive to them, while at the same time they won't think twice about pulling out a device and fucking with it while in our presence. Part of it is ego/sense of self-importance, or some irrational fear that they'll truly miss some type of emergency where their assistance will be required. I would give them the benefit of the doubt that it isn't intentional if they weren't so insistent that we give them undivided attention. If you've specifically called a chick out on it, but she does it anyway, she's basically disregarding you. The next time one of them pulls it out, get up and leave. If she's in your crib, ask her to leave, because you won't be disregarded in your own crib.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Riker - feed them their own medicine. Get up and check your phone even if there is nothing on it.
While they are talking to you in mid convo during something that you know they are passionate about, just pull out your phone and say "Uh huh" in a distant voice as you gaze as your phone screen.

Keep repeating this and note if they get pissed. When they speak up on it, remind them how annoying it is when you experience it.

Many lizards are self centered (fcuk it, many people are inconsiderate of others than themselves) but the best way to drive a lesson home is to re-direct their annoying behaviour onto them.

Try it. Then come report back.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Quote: (12-02-2011 05:27 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

You've actually done what you should do - you called them out politely on it. Unfortunately, it's a sign of the times we live in - people have a hard time putting down their phones, and women are the greatest offenders. It's an addiction/compulsion for some I think. They become agitated if they're away from the device for too long, and when they're not on it, they're thinking about it.

However, it IS disrespectful. Women demand we be attentive to them, while at the same time they won't think twice about pulling out a device and fucking with it while in our presence. Part of it is ego/sense of self-importance, or some irrational fear that they'll truly miss some type of emergency where their assistance will be required. I would give them the benefit of the doubt that it isn't intentional if they weren't so insistent that we give them undivided attention. If you've specifically called a chick out on it, but she does it anyway, she's basically disregarding you. The next time one of them pulls it out, get up and leave. If she's in your crib, ask her to leave, because you won't be disregarded in your own crib.

I agree 100% (bold emphasis mine). I had a similar situation with a girl who did the same thing. One day I got pissed and told her to put the phone away or get the fuck out of the house. I don't know if it was the flash of anger or what but she didn't do it again and was on me hardcore afterwards.

You need to treat girls that age like misbehaving cats.

Get a squirt gun.

You know what to do.

Bring a book. Every time they reach for their phone, start reading.

I once fucked a girl who left her iphone on the bed. After I'd nut she would check for messages she received while I was pounding her.

Quote:Quote:

You need to treat girls that age like misbehaving cats.

Get a squirt gun.

[Image: potd.gif]

at what age should you stop treating girls like misbehaving cats? i have a feeling some of the stuckup older bitches will get pissed more easily but i dont have experience with them

Quote: (12-02-2011 10:08 PM)endobendo Wrote:  

at what age should you stop treating girls like misbehaving cats? i have a feeling some of the stuckup older bitches will get pissed more easily but i dont have experience with them

honestly.. NEVER

It's actually funny thing with women. the way i see it is like this. the moment a girl can assume that she is higher status/value than you, that's when the game is over. or at least the countdown begins.

when guy has the upper hand aka he stays cool, unapologetic, unaffected, cool calm and collected, like really fucking rock solid, that's when he's in control of the situation. this basically means giving less of a fuck than her. caring less than her. having that "it's all good" attitude. not buying her bullshit. being stronger. therefore a girl responds emotionally to him more than a guy respond to her which causes her to invest more.

btw, it has nothing to do with being disrespectful towards a girl. in fact she's more into a guy ONLY IF she can respect him. that's the foundation. after all, girls like to follow a men who can lead.

common thing about guys really good with girls is that they don't treat them too seriously. to them women in general (no matter how hot and cool) are just little silly incecure girls who need hard dick. that attitude makes them being in control whatever happens.

this is very hard to fake as girls find out immediately how chumps pretending to not care. It has to be honest

Wasnt there a post about a cell phone jammer in the forums? Maybe you should have a jammer at home and block the signals. The problem is that your phone will also lose the signal but atleast they wont be able to check their messages just like you.

Update: Its the cell phone scrambler app to prevent girls from texting: Link

Ive actually told women if you check that phone one more time Im going to take it from you and drive over the damn thing. Then depending on the response I know what type of girl she is. Which reminds me of picking up a girl walking out from the bar tipsy. I got her to get in my car and while trying to find a private spot she kept putting her feet on the dash, I kept asking nicely for her to stop and she kept on doing it, after the 3rd time I said you know what, just get out of my car cause I kinda had it with her by then. All of a sudden she gets turned on and starts saying she's sorry, starts moving her hands around my legs etc. Thats when she started getting the wife beater treatment in bed [Image: smile.gif]

When girls pull this shit I bust mine out and say, "Oh is it phone time now?"

The majority of the girls I date realize their mistake and it never happens again, especially after I give them a glaring look of disapproval.

It's no different from being a parent or manager. If you let employees or children get away with something, they will not only continue the behavior in the future, they'll KNOW they can walk all over you. They will also have lost all respect for you.

Take charge and she will not only comply, she'll be turned on. Don't ever be a woman's doormat. You need to put them in their place.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (12-03-2011 12:15 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

"Oh is it phone time now?"

Stolen!

I like taking out my phone and fake-texting with a huge, sarcastic exaggerated grin on my face. You got to set boundaries but do it in a playful, I-don't-give-a-fuck way.

"uh, oh, looks like you've got a big medical emergency tonight, huh doc? I didn't realize you were on call for the hospital tonight." (sarcastic tone)

"oh, sorry, I was just...."

"great, since you're not going to be saving lives tonight, do you want to put that thing away and actually enjoy yourself?"

In my opinion, this is where not giving a damn comes in. Showing that nothing she does really bothers you, which makes her that much more interested in you. If you throw a fit every time a chick picks up her phone, thats showing her that your insecure. Which indirectly makes her feel that your over valuing her.

It's like this: if your already fucking, and they come through and kick it with u when u call or text them, and their just generally responsive when u reach out to them, why would u care so much that their on their phones sometimes when your around? Turn on the playstation and get on the madden or something while they text away. They'll eventually notice and try to come sit in your lap or ask u to let them play or something.

But throwing a fit and kicking chicks out that are already coming off the pussy is not the move.

Quote: (12-04-2011 09:08 AM)theIVth Wrote:  

In my opinion, this is where not giving a damn comes in. Showing that nothing she does really bothers you, which makes her that much more interested in you. If you throw a fit every time a chick picks up her phone, thats showing her that your insecure. Which indirectly makes her feel that your over valuing her.

It's like this: if your already fucking, and they come through and kick it with u when u call or text them, and their just generally responsive when u reach out to them, why would u care so much that their on their phones sometimes when your around? Turn on the playstation and get on the madden or something while they text away. They'll eventually notice and try to come sit in your lap or ask u to let them play or something.

But throwing a fit and kicking chicks out that are already coming off the pussy is not the move.

Not giving a damn enables a woman to walk all over you. You don't let a girl get away with such blatant disrespect to your face.

Or I suppose you can just "not give a damn" and bite your lip like this beta chump:

Quote: (12-04-2011 09:35 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Quote: (12-04-2011 09:08 AM)theIVth Wrote:  

Not giving a damn enables a woman to walk all over you. You don't let a girl get away with such blatant disrespect to your face.

Or I suppose you can just "not give a damn" and bite your lip like this beta chump:

In most cases, it's not that big of a deal. If i just got done beating the pink, why would i really care about her getting on her phone? Unless this is your one and only girlfriend, why would i care that much? And If u get to the point where u have to start checking chicks about "disrespecting" u, then you've usually already lost her and will be better served by just kicking her to the curb and forcing her to beg to come back.

But throwing a fit over some chick supposedly texting too much in your presence when your already fuckng anyway, is petty.

But like I say, if it bothers u that much just kick her to the curb and find a chick that stares at u with dreamy eyes the whole time y'all are together.

You can't be serious.

The point was that women are constantly doing things like texting in our presence -- not just after sex. You're clueless if you think women aren't constantly shit-testing you, and you're failing those tests by thinking it's not a big deal. This is much bigger than the fact that she is doing one annoying thing after sex (or during dinner, whatever), the problem lies in that you're allowing that disrespect to occur.

They check their phones every 30 minutes if not every 20 minutes

Yeah, that's a problem brah. If it's some random slore you never have any intention of ever seeing again I agree you shouldn't care... but if it's a girl you're seeing on the regular it's you who has lost her if you're letting her get away with shit like that in front of you.

What's next? She flakes on you but you still try to see her. More unacceptable behaviors manifest and you continue to allow it -- something she'd never do around someone she liked or respected will happen to you. Then you'll find yourself making sacrifices for her appeasement while she acts condescending towards you. Classic beta mindset.

Don't allow women to disrespect you, the phone bullshit is just the beginning. I could name a dozen acquaintances and friends of mine who fit the bill. You gotta grow a spine or women will do this kind of stuff to you your whole life. To live like that is to live without any dignity -- like the guy in the video above.

You don't need to "have a fit", you put her in her place so she learns not to do that crap around you specifically. Capiche?

Quote: (12-04-2011 12:01 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

You can't be serious.

The point was that women are constantly doing things like texting in our presence -- not just after sex. You're clueless if you think women aren't constantly shit-testing you, and you're failing those tests by thinking it's not a big deal. This is much bigger than the fact that she is doing one annoying thing after sex (or during dinner, whatever), the problem lies in that you're allowing that disrespect to occur.

They check their phones every 30 minutes if not every 20 minutes

Yeah, that's a problem brah. If it's some random slore you never have any intention of ever seeing again I agree you shouldn't care... but if it's a girl you're seeing on the regular it's you who has lost her if you're letting her get away with shit like that in front of you.

What's next? She flakes on you but you still try to see her. More unacceptable behaviors manifest and you continue to allow it -- something she'd never do around someone she liked or respected will happen to you. Then you'll find yourself making sacrifices for her appeasement while she acts condescending towards you. Classic beta mindset.

Don't allow women to disrespect you, the phone bullshit is just the beginning. I could name a dozen acquaintances and friends of mine who fit the bill. You gotta grow a spine or women will do this kind of stuff to you your whole life. To live like that is to live without any dignity -- like the guy in the video above.

You don't need to "have a fit", you put her in her place so she learns not to do that crap around you specifically. Capiche?

Once again, if im fucking a chick on the regular and have no desire of making her my exclusive girlfriend, why would I give a fuck about her being on the phone every 20 or 30 mins when I can fuck this chick as soon as my dick gets hard?

If I got 6 or 7 other girls I can call, why would I care? Why would I really just be that emotionally invested in feeling like I'm being disrespected when I have other bitches on my team? Not to mention that Im still getting everything I want from this chick, other the satisfaction of feeling like the outside world doesn't exist when she is at my house half naked laid on my couch after I just bust in her face.

Some of y'all are a little too over zealous with this alpha vs beta mindset shit.

And you're too hooked on the "keep a girl in check and you've already lost her" shit.

If you wanna let women walk all over you that's your prerogative, but I'm not gonna be some chick's gutter trash.

Quote: (12-02-2011 10:00 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I once fucked a girl who left her iphone on the bed. After I'd nut she would check for messages she received while I was pounding her.

Ya, I think sooner or later everyone is going to experience that. I wonder what would happen if I blew a load on the phone? You know, by "accident"

"In my opinion, this is where not giving a damn comes in. Showing that nothing she does really bothers you, which makes her that much more interested in you. If you throw a fit every time a chick picks up her phone, thats showing her that your insecure. Which indirectly makes her feel that your over valuing her.

But throwing a fit and kicking chicks out that are already coming off the pussy is not the move."

I think you're splitting hairs with regards to the nature of the relationship/interaction. I don't think being "alpha" is about never showing any kind of emotion. In accusing others of being extreme in their interpretation of alpha and beta, you are also showing your own interpretation to be extreme in the opposite direction. I interpret your turning on Playstation to counteract her pulling out her phone to be passive/aggressive. "If she does this, I'll do that. I'll show her!" This is something that women do...dropping hints, or acting in a way to get a reaction out of men. Men shouldn't drop hints. They should be direct. And that doesn't mean "throwing a fit." There are plenty of ways to be direct without losing your temper or being insulting. And because a person may not be important to you, or having gotten what you want or need from them already still isn't an excuse to allow disregard or disrespect in my book. It shouldn't be tolerated from anyone, regardless of the nature of the interaction.

That pig pulling her phone out of the busom of her wedding dress? FOR REAL? The first problem is that she didn't feel like she could part with her phone for long enough to get married. Anyone that knew her would have known she was getting married that day, so who the fuck would have needed to be in touch right then? And for her to actually pull it out DURING THE VOWS? And that motherfucker she was marrying didn't check that shit? Some emotion from him would have been just fine right there. He should have politely interrupted the reverend, taken the phone, STOMPED IT OUT, politely apologized to the rev and asked him to continue.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (12-04-2011 01:37 PM)CJ Wrote:  

Ya, I think sooner or later everyone is going to experience that. I wonder what would happen if I blew a load on the phone? You know, by "accident"

NICE. Her walking around with a phone that has your spooge residue is the sweetest justice![Image: banana.gif]

Quote: (12-04-2011 01:37 PM)CJ Wrote:  

New strategy: If you want a girl to stop touching something or getting distracted by something during/right after sex, nut on it. Phones, iPads, iPods, tv, her taken off clothes...

So today I was lying on her bed pretty soon after getting to her place and she got on her phone saying she was texting with a best friend of hers that was coming to visit BA from Colombia for 4 days. I went ahead and just decided to take a nap. She was being affectionate with one hand while texting with the other.

After a while I said "So when are you going to the hospital?" She's like "what?" And I say "Yea to do the life saving work you need to do" She didn't really get it and after a while I just said "Allright I'm going to go" She says "Huh why?" I say "Well cause you're not with me. You're with your friend on the phone"

She got all offended and said "You're so aggressive" I say "Hah... yea passive aggressive." It got kind of weird so I just grabbed a pillow and lightly hit her and said "What are you offended?" She said "Kind of" I say "haha you're the one thats offended now?!" Like trying to make it obvious that she's the one thats being rude with me. I told her to relax and we had a mini pillow fight and she forgot about the phone for a while.

We had sex and no more than 2 or 3 minutes passed when she went to check her phone. FACEPALM.

After though we had a nice talk... I asked her if she ever lost her phone and she said once she was a month a half without a phone and though she felt bad at first she recognized that she was way more relaxed without it and she recognized that she's addicted to checking it. Like even if no one messages her she'll check and see if they did or whatever repeatedly.... Anyways I think we're making progress.

I was with a girl last night and we were posted up at the horseshoe bar.

She had been pretty good about not being on her phone, but at one point she had her nose in it pretty good.

There was a sexy brunette a couple seats away around the bar, who was also being anti social and ignoring her friends by being on her phone.

But at this point she wasnt. So I slid over and started up a chat. Within seconds the girl I was with started talking to me but I played I didnt hear her. My mission in those few small moments was just to get the brunette to laugh. As soon as she did (and it was music) I turned to the girl I was with grinning.

The phone was already in her purse and the insecurity was written on her face.

At one point I started a Barry White voiced running commentary into her ear about the brunette being horny because she was stroking her iPhone (she actually was) and the girl I was with lost it and admitted women have a sick problem with their phones.