rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Tattoo Thread

The Tattoo Thread

How many of you guys sport tattoos - do you already have one (if so, what?), are you considering one (what) or would you never?

I used to be a hardcore opponent to tattoos (as I was to macs) but I have softened my stance on both lately.

Would it boost your game? Or is totally unimportant to sub-communicating the bad-boy vibe in these times when every corporate frat boy and his sister have sleeves. Enlighten me.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

The Tattoo Thread

I've gone back and forth on this. I came close to getting some, but always decided against in the end. For a long time I had my eye on a white-ink tattoo. They're cool, uncommon and very discreet. They look a bit like scar tissue.

Also wanted to get a matching tat with a very close friend of mine from way back, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

I fear I'd get tired of it sooner or later and I'm still changing a lot in what I like.

A girl told me it's because I'm unable to commit [Image: sleepy.gif]

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

The Tattoo Thread

If I would ever get one, I'd get one like this:

[Image: 14913d1320517710-been-impressed-tattoo-s...3991_n.jpg]

The Tattoo Thread

There's already a tattoo thread in Everything Else. Might be better if you bump that one.

The Tattoo Thread

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4485-p...ght=tattoo

Since I was too stupid to use the search function, I'll insert the link here - but we can go ahead and continue the discussion here.

I'd like a tattoo, personally. But getting inspired is something I find damned difficult to do. I'm already into photography big time - I enjoy the creativity and I see myself as someone who would use ink to communicate who I was to others.

Mixx said it he thought it was becoming DHV not to have a tattoo. Others agree or disagree?

The Tattoo Thread

If you want to stand out IMO you should

- not get anything colorful. Stick to the basic black.
- don't get stupid quotes or trendy shit (tribal, chinese letters, stars, etc)
- do it big or go home. You see the pictures I put up in the other thread. You'll still freak people out and have girls staring if you take off your shirt and look like you just left the jailhouse.

I plan on getting covered up eventually. I prefer the tattoos broken up though. I don't like the collages where everything is blended together. I have one on my neck and girls always say something to me about it. They're good conversation starters.

The Tattoo Thread

Hey Houston (and others who are have an opinion),

How's this for tribal? Might be douchey in NZ but there are only 3 million of them so I don't see it becoming a global phenomenon like Chinese characters or stars. Then again, if I think it looks good I reckon a shit-load of others do, too.

http://www.polynesiantribaltattoo.com/portfolio/

The Tattoo Thread

I'd get one if I was a soldier going to war. Or a Rio cop going to shake up gangs in the favela.

The Tattoo Thread

Quote: (12-01-2011 04:07 PM)houston Wrote:  

If you want to stand out IMO you should

- not get anything colorful. Stick to the basic black.
- don't get stupid quotes or trendy shit (tribal, chinese letters, stars, etc)
- do it big or go home. You see the pictures I put up in the other thread. You'll still freak people out and have girls staring if you take off your shirt and look like you just left the jailhouse.

I disagree, a tatts a personal thing, it's all about what it means to you not what others think, if you're getting a tatt to achieve a look you're just like those trendy hipsters with stars and bands just going another direction with it. Right now looking the jailhouse thug seems a great idea, when you're 40 probably not as much but if you pick your pieces and theres a reason behind them at 40, you're still gonna see that work and love it.

The Tattoo Thread

Quote: (12-14-2011 03:44 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

How's this for tribal? Might be douchey in NZ but there are only 3 million of them so I don't see it becoming a global phenomenon like Chinese characters or stars. Then again, if I think it looks good I reckon a shit-load of others do, too.

as I said above, who cares if it becomes a phenonmenon, if you're getting it be sure you love it, if it has a meaning to you then do it if it's something that looks cool to you right now, i'd avoid it cause what looks cool, tends to pass in time...personally I know a few samoans who rock polynesian stuff as part of their heritage and it looks great

The Tattoo Thread

Another style I like is traditional Japanese Irezumi.

There's a guy who works in different places in Europe called Alex Reinke who apprenticed with one of the great Japanese masters who goes by the name of Horiyoshi III - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horiyoshi_III

This is his website http://www.holyfoxtattoos.de/holyfox/

It's a very different process since they use needles on a bamboo stick rather than the usual machinery, but the effect is beautiful.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

The Tattoo Thread

Quote: (12-14-2011 03:44 PM)ElJefe Wrote:  

The fact that it is its own .com kinda throws the "its not that mainstream" idea out the window.

Tribal is good if you're of that tribe. If you've blood that goes back to the area of the world then more power to you, but as a white guy for whom the NatGeo channel is as close as I've ever come, yeah I'd never consider that.

On the other hand both my tattoos (and all the ones I have planned for the future) have norse runic symbols in them and celtic symbols, because thats MY tribe.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men