rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Colombia vs. Panama vs. Costa Rica

I just got back from my second trip to Brazil and am trying my best to get my mind off of it (at least until i can figure out a way to make a living out there). I'm planning my next trip for late October and would really like to go to Colombia but the flights out to Cali and Medellin are really expensive. The only moderately priced flights are to Barranquilla and Cartagena. The cheapest flights in the neighboring countries are to San Jose and Panama City. What's the pick?

Well, http://www.spiritair.com/ has the most consistently cheap flights to Cartagena and Bogota. It usually costs between $300-$550. Its a less common airline so I doubt you checked them.

Quote: (09-01-2008 10:05 PM)mojodrew Wrote:  

I just got back from my second trip to Brazil and am trying my best to get my mind off of it (at least until i can figure out a way to make a living out there).

^^When you figure this out, let me know.

All I could think of was the State Department.

I'd love to open a club in Brazil.

Colombia is on my list.

As for making money, if you can get a freelance gig (writing, programming), that just involves a laptop and internet connection, you can work anywhere in the world.

I just got back from my second trip to Brazil and am trying my best to get my mind off of it (at least until i can figure out a way to make a living out there).

Give me some details about your Brazil trip. I think I'm going to head down there before the end of the year. What cities did you go and what did you do that made it so fun?

quote='speakeasy' pid='944' dateline='1220585367']

Give me some details about your Brazil trip. I think I'm going to head down there before the end of the year. What cities did you go and what did you do that made it so fun?
[/quote]

Brazil has the sickest culture in the world. i really thought i was a chill person until i went there. total mindfuck of a trip. the most open people and culture u can imagine. u start making out with girls within 10 minutes of meeting them, stay out at sick nightlife til 5 am then show up at the beach at noon the next day chilling on the beach smoking j's in between ipanema posts 9 and 10 next to the finest girls, chillest people until 5 pm then u go home, nap for a couple hours before waking up for dinner and repeating the process.
porto alegre had hot girls but i really wasnt down with the whole gaucho (argentinian) influence. florianopolis was sick for scenery but it was a little dead.
u may it really I did a week each in Rio, Florianopolis and Porto Alegre. I would rank them that way but im sure if i went to floripa during the season (december to march) i would have liked florianopolis better.

Wow, you are making me REALLY want to go! See, I'm also interested in going for the girls just as much as I am the sights and cultural things. So other than Rio, is there any other city I should visit within reasonable distance? Once I go, I don't want to have to take 2 day bus rides. So...

1) How long would you suggest I stay?
2) What part of town did you stay?
3) Are there any other parts of Brazil you recommend?

You're making me excited to go! Oh and if you have any good restuarants to recommend, I'm all ears.

If youre going between december and march then definitely go to florianopolis. bus is probably 16 hrs from rio. go to google.com.br and search for pousadas which are cheaper n translate the search results. check flathunters.com for 40 reais tiny apartments. porto alegre had -hot girls and its close to florianopolis. spend 10 days in rio, 6 in florianopolis and 4 in porto alegre. close to rio, i heard buzios is really nice but pricey. monday and tuesday should be traveling days as theres not too much nightlife then.

Quote: (09-05-2008 05:19 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Wow, you are making me REALLY want to go! See, I'm also interested in going for the girls just as much as I am the sights and cultural things. So other than Rio, is there any other city I should visit within reasonable distance? Once I go, I don't want to have to take 2 day bus rides. So...

1) How long would you suggest I stay?
2) What part of town did you stay?
3) Are there any other parts of Brazil you recommend?

You're making me excited to go! Oh and if you have any good restuarants to recommend, I'm all ears.

ive been to brazil too many times to remember. the northeast is in my opinion the best. places i like are recife that has many beaches the main one is boa viagem, porto galinhas is beautiful. fortaleza is the best for the girls they are everywhere the highest ratio in brazil. and there is a party everynight of the week at differents bars. dont be surprised to find the ratios in some bars 20 to 1. unlike the rest of brazil fortaleza is chill, crime is very low. in rio and even recife u always have to watch for the petty crime at least..but in fortaleza its chill. also when i go to rio its like your just another gringo one of many tourist to be ripped off in any of the thousands ways that alot of times you wont even be aware of, but in the north east of brazil you will be a novety, an american there is rare. yes there are lots of italians and of course the germans and british, but i hardley ever see another american. and unlike alot of the world and europe the north east brazilians love americans. to sum it up dont waste your time and your money in the south go north young man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!