rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How To Handle The "I Have A Boyfriend" Response

[Image: idea.gif]

Quote: (11-30-2011 06:35 AM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

[Image: idea.gif]

I'm in the same boat right now. I met this very cute(8.5-9) 20 year old out at a bar and she gives me her number but tells me she has a boyfriend. I counter with well you can't be that serious with him if your giving me your number. She responds with I have been with him for a year, blah blah and we can only meet up as friends(WTF).... Anyways we have sent a few texts back and forth but nothing to serious, though in one she mentions she is hanging with her BF.

Should I call it quits here? I can usually weasel my way in these situations but having a mental block on what to do here. Any advice from the advanced players?

Quote: (11-30-2011 08:24 AM)BTman Wrote:  

I'm in the same boat right now. I met this very cute(8.5-9) 20 year old out at a bar and she gives me her number but tells me she has a boyfriend. I counter with well you can't be that serious with him if your giving me your number. She responds with I have been with him for a year, blah blah and we can only meet up as friends(WTF).... Anyways we have sent a few texts back and forth but nothing to serious, though in one she mentions she is hanging with her BF.

Should I call it quits here? I can usually weasel my way in these situations but having a mental block on what to do here. Any advice from the advanced players?

Hell, she's 20 years old! Boyfriend? She is just beginning to get around to expressing herself sexually.

Set a date, isolate, escalate.

If she really isn't interested, she won't go on the date.
If she is mildly to somewhat interested, she will allow you isolate.
If she is pretty interested, but still a bit unsure she will allow you the first steps of escalating.
If she is really interested...

Do it once. Give her one shot. Let her know you want HER not just a friend.

there's already a thread on this subject CasoNov. Use the search feature, and you'll find great rebuttals.

Mixx

Quote: (11-30-2011 10:20 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

there's already a thread on this subject CasoNov. Use the search feature, and you'll find great rebuttals.

Mixx

Cool. I meant it as a joke but I was concerned if I was posting the thread in the right place. But since we're on the topic, this is a common response men hear when making approaches. I sometimes reply by saying, "Oh, well I have a goldfish." Now in most instances, the girl will say something like, "what?" And to that I'll say, "oh, excuse me, I thought we were talking about shit that doesn't matter." Lol. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. There are a fair number of girls out there that use the boyfriend line just to have you back off, or as a way of expressing their disinterest.

If she has a boyfriend "Walk Away"...it's never good news.

Layercake

"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son."

My Facebook Profile

"so does my girlfriend"

i'll sometimes challenge them with "so?" and give them a shit eating grin. if you're dancing with them and they say it its probably a shit-test. say nothing and keep dancing or say "so? its just dancing" and dance, then go for a kiss soon after, you'll know soon enough where she stands on the matter

I don't even ask girls if they have boyfriends. If she wants you to know she'll tell you. If she doesn't bring it up first I sure as he'll ain't asking.

I've noticed if chick's kind of have a boyfriend, they'll find a way to throw it into the convo randomly early on. And I usually pretend like I didn't hear it. You have no way of knowing where they're at in their supposed relationship. It might be one of those "it's complicated" situations, so she's out dipping her toes back in the pool.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Never ever ask her if she has a girlfriend. That just gives of a signal to her that you "give a shit"..

If she just mentions it, then get selective with your hearing and change the subject sharply.

Standard Procedure. [Image: smile.gif]

Layercake

"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son."

My Facebook Profile

Quote: (12-01-2011 01:10 PM)Layercake Wrote:  

Never ever ask her if she has a girlfriend. That just gives of a signal to her that you "give a shit"..

If she just mentions it, then get selective with your hearing and change the subject sharply.

Standard Procedure. [Image: smile.gif]

True. I never ask.