rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

So my amazon affilates account got deleted

Apparently because my blog "promotes violence".

When I read this my jaw literally hit the floor, so I read through my few posts and I think I've found the culprit.

In an article about fucking vs making love:

"So I smashed the living shit out of her. Dirty talk, hair pulling, scratching, biting, spanking, and thrusting way harder than is safe or necessary."

Interested in your guys opinions - does that sentence promote violence or are amazon being over sensitive?

21 y/o brit.

I wouldn't bother with Amazon Affiliates if I were personally looking to make some money. I actually think Amazon Affiliates is some sort of scam like a ponzi scheme. How many people actualy make good money off of Amazon Affiliates? I mean, making 4%-8% commission on, let's say a $20 book will not even make you a dollar. You'd have to sell massive amounts of books before it would even make a difference in your income.

Granted, I'm not a business guru or anything. Take my view with a pinch of salt. That's just my opinion of Amazon Affiliates. I wouldn't worry about it considering how I have never heard nor seen anyone make serious $$$ through their program.

Hello.

This is the kind of stuff you have to deal with when you run a game-related blog. I had to remove my adsense ads because of "sexual content." Ridiculous, but whatever. I'd rather have the freedom to publish whatever I want... which is also why I purchased a domain rather than creating a free wordpress blog.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (11-29-2011 07:33 PM)dulst Wrote:  

Apparently because my blog "promotes violence".

When I read this my jaw literally hit the floor, so I read through my few posts and I think I've found the culprit.

In an article about fucking vs making love:

"So I smashed the living shit out of her. Dirty talk, hair pulling, scratching, biting, spanking, and thrusting way harder than is safe or necessary."

Interested in your guys opinions - does that sentence promote violence or are amazon being over sensitive?

I think you will have trouble being an affiliate for lots of products when discussing more racy topics.

I would continue with the blog but start getting people to sign up for your autoresponder list and sell them products that way. I think you should understand your market more. I don't know if I would be interested in Amazon products when I wanted to read about Fucking vs Making love.

Hell, sign up for Roosh's affiliate program, get your visitors to sign up for your mailing list and send them over to Roosh's book site. You can continue marketing other products to your list even after.

Quote: (11-29-2011 08:22 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

This is the kind of stuff you have to deal with when you run a game-related blog. I had to remove my adsense ads because of "sexual content." Ridiculous, but whatever. I'd rather have the freedom to publish whatever I want... which is also why I purchased a domain rather than creating a free wordpress blog.

Likewise - I recently moved mine from Wordpress to it's own domain. Just an expensive hobby I suppose.

Quote: (11-29-2011 08:23 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

I think you will have trouble being an affiliate for lots of products when discussing more racy topics.

I would continue with the blog but start getting people to sign up for your autoresponder list and sell them products that way. I think you should understand your market more. I don't know if I would be interested in Amazon products when I wanted to read about Fucking vs Making love.

Hell, sign up for Roosh's affiliate program, get your visitors to sign up for your mailing list and send them over to Roosh's book site. You can continue marketing other products to your list even after.

That's an interesting point, I was looking in to other affilate marketing ideas, more beer money as a student etc. Do you reckon that mailing lists are better for affilate marketing than just embedded links?

21 y/o brit.

Quote: (11-29-2011 08:37 PM)dulst Wrote:  

That's an interesting point, I was looking in to other affilate marketing ideas, more beer money as a student etc. Do you reckon that mailing lists are better for affilate marketing than just embedded links?

If your content is good, you have a great chance of making more sales per prospect with the mailing list. You would have to test to see to really know if it is better.

You also may want to tailor the products you sell towards your content. I still would like to know what Amazon products show up for an article on fucking. haha

Quote: (11-29-2011 09:34 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Quote: (11-29-2011 08:37 PM)dulst Wrote:  

If your content is good, you have a great chance of making more sales per prospect with the mailing list. You would have to test to see to really know if it is better.

You also may want to tailor the products you sell towards your content. I still would like to know what Amazon products show up for an article on fucking. haha

The amazon program lets you chose the products then they give you affilate links, I had some books on a recommended reading page that went through said links.

Although that puts it in perspective, 10% on a £7 book is fuck all.

I'm gonna do a lot more research before I sign up to any affilate programs, whilst writing and trying to get traffic at the same time.

21 y/o brit.

Quote: (11-29-2011 08:15 PM)blurb Wrote:  

I wouldn't bother with Amazon Affiliates if I were personally looking to make some money. I actually think Amazon Affiliates is some sort of scam like a ponzi scheme. How many people actualy make good money off of Amazon Affiliates? I mean, making 4%-8% commission on, let's say a $20 book will not even make you a dollar. You'd have to sell massive amounts of books before it would even make a difference in your income.

Granted, I'm not a business guru or anything. Take my view with a pinch of salt. That's just my opinion of Amazon Affiliates. I wouldn't worry about it considering how I have never heard nor seen anyone make serious $$$ through their program.

Exactly.

I've sent amazon around 160 bucks in revenue and only made 6 bucks.

Its so much better to create your own products or sell something with a higher commission(lots of clickbank products have 50 percent commissions).

Quote: (11-29-2011 10:27 PM)torontokid Wrote:  

Quote: (11-29-2011 08:15 PM)blurb Wrote:  

Exactly.

I've sent amazon around 160 bucks in revenue and only made 6 bucks.

Its so much better to create your own products or sell something with a higher commission(lots of clickbank products have 50 percent commissions).

I think having your own products is the way to go as well.

With that said...

I don't think you guys are approaching Amazon in the right way. Amazon is way more then just books now. So I don't know why you would be concentrating on books with the low commissions unless you can sell a shit load of them.

The key to making bank with Amazon, in my opinion, is stepping in front of the buyer right before they are ready to purchase. It isn't that difficult either.

Most buyers are looking for something specific. Take a television for example. Would someone who was ready to purchase a television type in "Plasma Television" or would they type of the specific model of the television?

Chances are the person is ready to buy right now when they type in the specific model.

That is where you jump in front of them and show them the way. You get sites ranked for specific brands. It is pretty easy.

The only problem is churning out the sites. You will need a lot more sites to make some decent money. After awhile, you can automate and hire others to do this dirty work.

Amazon is about ease of sales. They sell so much stuff and the volume is huge. They are the company to watch when trying to sell online. They test everything. They know what increases sales and all you need to do is send traffic. There is a great chance your buyer will end up purchasing more than one item when he checks out which increases your commissions. Amazon has a great sales funnel.

Pros:
Amazon built up a brand that people feel safe about.
Volume can be huge. Amazon carries tons of products that you can sell to just about everyone.
Amazon knows how to sell, they test and can convert visitors into sales.
You will build up a semi-passive business. Once you get a basic site ranked it will make you money until the brand becomes obsolete.

Cons:
The cons are lower commissions so you will have to do more volume.
Cookies only last about a day or so. That is why you have to target people ready to purchase right now.
Lots of work to make up the volume.
Not entirely passive, you will need to continue making more sites but most of the work can be hired out to third world countries.