rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Optimal game venues by player profile

While I think that sublime game can conquer and transcend most scenarios and situations, it is also true that certain game locations are more conducive for players of certain profiles and in some cases the difference is like day and night. For instance, a highly educated, smart and successful scientist with average looks and okay game would have a hard time scoring in loud nightclubs just like a ripped jock type with subpar conversational skills would face problems in daygame environments. A lot of initial noob frustrations and anguish can be simply attributed to gaming at wrong locations. Based on personal and other fellow players' experiences I'm trying to come up with a list of various game locations and the type of player profile that is best suited for them while maximizing the overall ROI. This is not taking the outliers(guys with mad game or extreme good looks) into account as they would have success in most circumstances, but is more from the perspective of a regular guy trying to enhance his game. Also, I'm not sure if my assessments are on point, so please feel free to make corrections/additions.

Bars/Clubs - Minimum requirements: above average looks + average game OR above average game + average looks. Reason being that these places are loud and any halfway decent chick is getting hit-on from all directions resulting in short attention spans, hence you need to create a strong pull to hold their attention. These places are fast becoming good for nothing more than ONS's as unless you make something happen that very night, most chicks won't even remember how many times they gave out their numbers while drunk, when they wake up the next day.

Coffeeshops - This is your place if you can hold a conversation and have a somewhat interesting background. You'd have ample time to build a connection and let your personality/life experiences hit the attraction switches.

Bookstore - Pretty much like a coffeeshop and it would help if you are a book-nerd of sorts.

Street - Must have advanced conversational skills, a good rap and quick wit as unlike a coffeeshop or a bookstore your targets are moving and you gotta give them a strong reason to hang around you for longer. Perhaps it becomes more of a numbers game because "that guy from the street" would probably have less credibility than "that interesting guy from the coffee shop".

Dance Clubs(Salsa, Tango etc) - If you can dance and are good at it, especially at one of the latin dances like salsa then you can pretty much give up other forms of game. Nothing makes the 'gina tingle like the spins and drop-catches of a good male lead. There is zero bitch-shield as they are all there to "dance" and not to "hookup". I've personally seen 5'2 guys pulling 6'0 tall girls at salsa places.

Beach - Surfer types with great bodies, as it'd be a lot easier to get the pussy wet using your 6-pack and cut biceps shining in the sun.

Hotel lounges and bars - If you dress sharp and have a good bank roll.

Online - Another goldmine like the dance clubs, once you have your profile locked down. Although it's true that ALL women(even the fatties) get 100 messages per minute, a well written profile and an interesting message do take you a long way. Shorter guys might be at a disadvantage as she might skip your profile right away after noticing that 5'5 height while completely overlooking the fact that you might be have Harvard MBA and are also the lead singer in a local band.

Social circle - Unless you're not a complete pushover and a doormat, sooner or later you'd be able to bag a chick from your social circle by "just being yourself".

Gentlemens' clubs - ?

Concerts - ?

Game is a necessary evil

This is a very important topic and we already have a handful of good threads on this issue. The bottom line is that logistics are a significant part of the game. If you have impeccable looks, style, and verbal skills, but you only game in the same bars that are sausage parties, you're probably rarely, if ever, going to get laid. But if you can find a few good venues that get packed with girls at certain times, even an average guy will have great odds.

Roosh had a post a long time ago about how important venue selection is, and it really stuck with me. You need to invest significant time into scoping out the venues and determine which ones are going to be a waste, then move on. If you don't invest a lot of time and effort into venue selection, expect to waste time sitting around with a bunch of dudes and money on overpriced booze that isn't helping you get laid.

One of the best game skills to develop is being able to determine which venues are going to be good spots.

Excellent thread my MILF hunter friend haywire. What about a college campus for the young and young looking playas? Show up GQ'd out and that's half the battle.

Quote: (11-29-2011 03:40 AM)houston Wrote:  

Excellent thread my MILF hunter friend haywire. What about a college campus for the young and young looking playas? Show up GQ'd out and that's half the battle.

Thanks fellow milf-slaya-playa! Don't have much experience(especially as an outsider) with college campuses so didn't write about it, though I'm raring to go try something out. Did you have the GQ'd approach working for ya? If you got a system locked down, then please elaborate more.

Game is a necessary evil

Haywire - I've gone to classes a few times looking like I'm headed to the club and had so many lizards giving me the eye. I just hate wearing a fucking backpack lol uncomfortable as hell. Most guys go to school looking like they just left the gym so you'll stand out a lot if you're dressed up.
I don't think there's a better place for day game than a campus with plenty of females. Show up with a laptop case or backpack and act like you're a freshman if you have to. I can only imagine how a huge university would be. I would just post up around the dorms all day and let magic happen. College girls are so friendly [Image: smile.gif]

Classes that give language lessons. For full effect, you gotta practice outside of class.

It makes an invitation to your pad seem harmless.

Quote: (11-30-2011 02:18 AM)houston Wrote:  

Haywire - I've gone to classes a few times looking like I'm headed to the club and had so many lizards giving me the eye. I just hate wearing a fucking backpack lol uncomfortable as hell. Most guys go to school looking like they just left the gym so you'll stand out a lot if you're dressed up.
I don't think there's a better place for day game than a campus with plenty of females. Show up with a laptop case or backpack and act like you're a freshman if you have to. I can only imagine how a huge university would be. I would just post up around the dorms all day and let magic happen. College girls are so friendly [Image: smile.gif]

Interesting. Gotta give this a shot sometime. The only problem is that I'm busy working during the day, but college girls sound so tempting that I'm gonna have to take a day-off for this [Image: banana.gif]

Quote:Quote:

Classes that give language lessons. For full effect, you gotta practice outside of class.

Definitely see potential in this. But I'm guessing you're gonna have to follow up the study-session with a drinking-session for something to happen? What's your approach and have you used it successfully?

Game is a necessary evil

I diagree on Salsa Clubs being bitchshield-free-zones. Bitchshields are higher there than anywhere else, including high end clubs.

If you don't look like a male model, no woman will dance with you. Same if you're less than 6ft. Women will make fun of you and treat you like a piece of shit in Dancing Clubs. And the guy's salsa skills do not matter at all for them.

Quote: (11-30-2011 02:42 PM)Mighty Mouse Wrote:  

I diagree on Salsa Clubs being bitchshield-free-zones. Bitchshields are higher there than anywhere else, including high end clubs.

If you don't look like a male model, no woman will dance with you. Same if you're less than 6ft. Women will make fun of you and treat you like a piece of shit in Dancing Clubs. And the guy's salsa skills do not matter at all for them.
Lol I seriously hope you're joking. What kind of salsa clubs you been going to mighty mouse?

Quote: (11-30-2011 09:57 AM)haywire Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

Definitely see potential in this. But I'm guessing you're gonna have to follow up the study-session with a drinking-session for something to happen? What's your approach and have you used it successfully?

Yeah, I used to ask foreign asian students to teach me mandarin if they had difficulty with english. So practice each language. But it doesn't have to be restricted to them

Then ask if they are hungry, get your 'guest' crackers, cheese, tomato, sliced meat. Ask if they'd like to have 'just one glass' of wine with that.

One becomes two or more, then close from there. If they are a bit reluctant, then 'maybe we can have a short break after all this study', and try to venue bounce with cool places near your pad. Kino works great to 'let's get back to study some more', to open the door, to help her up the stairs. Try to close once again.

Where would be a great venue for a young guy who's seen lots of foreign films? I'm still trying to use it to my advantage. A theater that shows foreign movies maybe?

Quote: (06-20-2012 02:02 AM)houston Wrote:  

Where would be a great venue for a young guy who's seen lots of foreign films? I'm still trying to use it to my advantage. A theater that shows foreign movies maybe?

You could try your local independent movie theater. There was one in the college town where I lived back home. I don't think it would be a good gaming spot though. I only went a couple times, but I didn't notice too many hot chicks, and there was very little opportunity to approach. Maybe the coffee shop next door, which will probably be filled with hipsters. I think a better bet would be to find some sort of local film club or something.

This may be a niche that won't bear much fruit though. Some hobbies are just not conducive to getting laid. Jiu Jitsu is an example of that. Very few hot girls do Jiu Jitsu. There are TONS of hot chicks at Jiu Jitsu tournaments, but you can bet that the large majority are the competitors girlfriends. The running joke at Jiu Jitsu tournaments is that the hotter the girl, the more badass her boyfriend. Hit on the wrong chick and you may find yourself choked unconscious and pissing your pants hah.

Definitely considering learning either salsa or samba, for both the women and the actual dancing itself.
Anyone in Perth know of any good place?

Check out foreign films festivals in your city, the only thing is that they're usually not well publicized so you gotta search around the internet for them.

Alternatively, you could use the craigslist activity partner's section and post an ad looking for "foreign film enthusiast club" that you want to start. You could also use meetup.com to meet like-minded folks. However, I'm not sure how much time you'll have to put in till you get to [Image: hump.gif]

Game is a necessary evil

I have a hat from some fraternity in my college. I'm not in a frat but I plan on incorporating it with my night game to fuck some sluts.

And as for college GQ style, help me out houston. I have zero idea on how to out dress the preppy boys in short shorts or the fratgots

Nope.

the only way i could see this working is to pretend to be a film auteur and you're casting an actress or something.

unless you're gaming carla bruni or something, the girl is not gonna be interested in discussing fellini. lol

Foreign film festivals, meetup.com, craiglist, artsy theaters. Haywire how would you do the craiglist ad? I just watch foreign movies on Netflix when I'm chilling at home. I can only see my knowledge on them working on artsy girls. I might endu p banging some old lady who finds me sophisticated ha.

Rosca - v neck, levis, and some clean tennis shoes.

Quote: (06-20-2012 11:05 AM)Rosca Wrote:  

I have a hat from some fraternity in my college. I'm not in a frat but I plan on incorporating it with my night game to fuck some sluts.

And as for college GQ style, help me out houston. I have zero idea on how to out dress the preppy boys in short shorts or the fratgots

Bro, don't do this. Don't wear some faggot ass fraternity hat and pretend to be in it to hit on chicks.

RioNomad is right. The Greek scene is tightly knit and you'll get called out sooner or later. Once that happens it's your ass, social status is king in those circles.

I like to do Pubs:

Pros: less noisy than a night club so better if you do a lot of verbal like tactics, less reliance on looks. probably better for 30+ crowd.

Cons: less hotties but I find I hit more "solid" with the ones I meet there than at a night club.

BTW: has anyone here tried "singles events"? This is not speed dating but rather things like shoot bow and arrow/a nature hike ect specifically targeted at your city's singles people?

Damn what the fuck was I thinking? You guys are def right on that.

I fucked up with that idea. Thanks for putting me back on track and out of the fratty mindset.

Nope.

Quote: (06-20-2012 09:53 PM)houston Wrote:  

Foreign film festivals, meetup.com, craiglist, artsy theaters. Haywire how would you do the craiglist ad? I just watch foreign movies on Netflix when I'm chilling at home. I can only see my knowledge on them working on artsy girls. I might endu p banging some old lady who finds me sophisticated ha.

I know a cat who started a cooking group through CL/meetup.com that got him some rewards, but he was ultra patient and barely had any game although his original intention was to get chicks using his cooking skills. Took him about 5 cooking get togethers to get a date who he eventually banged. I'm sure a street smart player like you could weasel your way out and make something happen a lot faster.

PMing you how I would do the CL ad, don't want lurkers to copy paste it or your potential victims to find out about you!

Game is a necessary evil

Quote: (11-30-2011 03:07 PM)houston Wrote:  

Lol I seriously hope you're joking. What kind of salsa clubs you been going to mighty mouse?

Would agree with this; I don't find bitch shields high, BUT unless you are damn good, you face a pretty steep learning curve with any woman who's danced much.

However: even with a bit of experience, you can make good contact with women less experienced (most nights with a "group lesson followed by dancing" will have a good handful of newcomers who will actually be intimidated by the really great dancers)... and also the awesome dancers may have the moves but not necessarily any game. And if the woman dancing with you is way way better, it's a great opportunity to joke about your inexperience and ask her to teach you something.

If you go expecting to win based solely on your moves, unless you've been doing it for years there'll be plenty of guys (even fat old dudes sometimes!) who can school you there. It's still a good venue--you just have to sell more than your skill.

Quote: (06-21-2012 05:53 PM)Stitch Wrote:  

Quote: (11-30-2011 03:07 PM)houston Wrote:  

Would agree with this; I don't find bitch shields high, BUT unless you are damn good, you face a pretty steep learning curve with any woman who's danced much.

However: even with a bit of experience, you can make good contact with women less experienced (most nights with a "group lesson followed by dancing" will have a good handful of newcomers who will actually be intimidated by the really great dancers)... and also the awesome dancers may have the moves but not necessarily any game. And if the woman dancing with you is way way better, it's a great opportunity to joke about your inexperience and ask her to teach you something.

If you go expecting to win based solely on your moves, unless you've been doing it for years there'll be plenty of guys (even fat old dudes sometimes!) who can school you there. It's still a good venue--you just have to sell more than your skill.

Even if you don't pick up at the dance night, its a great skill to have and practicing it is a good idea as it will eventually lead to results, even if not in that venue (thinking things like weddings).

I remember Mixx saying something about salsa clubs not being some crazy fuck fest like guys think. Supposedly it's a lot different in other countries where that tan skin and dance moves gets you treated like a celebrity...