rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Data sheet: Brasov, Romania

A while ago I wrote this data sheet on Cluj in northern Romania: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-7850.h...light=cluj

During the same trip I went out in Brasov for 3 nights and Sibiu for 1 night. I don't think I got as much of a feel for these places as I did for Cluj (and even so I definitely get the feeling that Cluj is the best of the three) but here is the lowdown on my experience in Brasov.

The bottom line: Brasov is picturesque, relatively interesting and fun for a few days, but lacks the nightlife options of Cluj. While quite touristy, foreigners are still relatively well received.

City overview: Brasov has been the unofficial tourism capital of Romania since the days of Ceaucescu's regime when the commies decided to bus all the tourists there and hide all the problems going on in Bucharest and elsewhere at the time. There are a couple of cheesy touches such as the Hollywood-style "Brasov" sign on the hillside above the main square and the promotion of Bran Castle as "Dracula's Castle" even though Vlad Tepes never set foot in there. The old town is very nice though apparantly is filled with hordes of tourists in the summer.

Sight seeing: Bran Castle, Rasnov citadel (spectacular views) and the old town in general. You're also close to what is probably the nicest mountain scenery Romania has to offer.

Girls: As with the rest of Transylvania, the population up here are generally a bit fairer-skinned and lighter-featured than in the south of Romania, but you still have plenty of the typical stunning olive-skinned brunettes in Brasov too. Although there is a university here, Brasov isn't a student city per se, so expect the average age of girls in bars/clubs to be slightly older than in Cluj.

Lodging: I stayed in Hostel Mara in Piata Sfatului (http://www.hostelbrasov.ro). I was the only guest when I was there and had a whole dorm to myself and according to the owner that's typical in low season, so if you can't fork out for a hotel/apartment you can possibly still bring girls back at night. The owner is a middle-aged woman who is unbelievably friendly and helpful. Since it's a touristy city there are also lots of hostels and short-term apartments.

Day game spots: The main square is Piata Sfatului and is pretty busy most of the time with girls sitting on benches and next to the fountain. There are free concerts there most Friday nights with lots of people mingling. Strada Republicii which leads off the square has a lot of clothes shops and cafes. There is also a university campus which in hindsight I should have found, particularly on Friday when the students were there; it's a little bit outside the old town.

Night spots: Decent bars with a decent number of hot girls included Vintage Pub, Tequila Bowling and Studio 80, all in the centre of town. Music is generally pop/cheesy in these places. I get the impression there are fewer good clubs here than in Cluj, but I went to Prava (St. Braduselor) on Friday and Kasho (next to the train station) on Saturday - you'll need a taxi for both of them. Both play decent house music and have places to stand with traffic going past. The girls in both were pretty nice on the nights I was there and surprisingly approachable for a city with such a touristy reputation.

Other important information: Surprisingly, there is less English spoken here than Cluj or Bucharest, although I'd still say about 70-80% of girls speak decent English. The bars and clubs were packed on Friday and Saturday but absolutely dead on Sunday and in hindsight I wish I'd gone to Cluj a day earlier (locals told me Thursday is pretty decent though). As I've already mentioned, Brasov is probably packed with tourists in the summer but when I was there I didn't get any hostile responses or experience any cockblocking from girls or guys - this is one thing I definitely like about Romania.

My Brasov experience: If I went again, which I probably will as it's easy to get there from Bucharest, I'd go Thurs-Sat instead of Fri-Sun and would probably try pipelining and do more day game, with particular focus around the university campus. I was on a roll by the time I got to Cluj but did most of the initial groundwork here. I found the girls friendly and easy to open but hit a brick wall when it came to escalation (although this was more to do with my current game limitations, many of which I've significanly improved on since). I had a couple of numbers to show for my efforts and there was one girl I thought I was going to kiss in the club but she got pulled home by her friends just when I thought I was getting somewhere. The girl in the cloakroom in Prava clearly seemed to be into me (all I did was show a strong frame and smile cheekily each time I walked past) but when I went to chat to her she had no English!

Overall Brasov is a decent spot to hit up for a weekend, though don't plan on doing many night approaches during the week. To get the most out of it, bear the logistical issues I've mentioned in mind.

Nice report, Alchemist.

Brasov, Cluj, Bucharest...For anyone who is thinking about going anywhere in Romania, Alchemist is a great resource.

Are the 'olive skinned brunettes' gypsy's?

Quote: (11-27-2011 10:10 PM)T and A Man Wrote:  

Are the 'olive skinned brunettes' gypsy's?

No, the gypsies are typically quite swarthy with black hair and often blue eyes. Some of the gypsy girls could be very pretty but they're generally impoverished, dirty and very poorly dressed and age very badly.

The achetypal stunning girl in southern Romania has tanned skin, dark brown hair and brown eyes. There is a lot of Turkish blood in southern Romania due to the influence of the Ottoman Empire, so some Romanians are as dark-featured as anyone you're likely to see in Europe, with many so dark they could be mistaken for Middle Eastern rather than European. Many are much lighter though, especially those with northern Romanian ancestry. Gypsies are generally on the darker side but many ethnic Romanians are more tanned than them.