rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Traveling on $2500 a Month. How and Where?

Traveling on 00 a Month. How and Where?

I've never budgeted on overseas exploits. Admittedly, my trips have costs small fortunes, including $6-7K for 3 weeks in Thailand. I want to be more budget conscience from now own to extend the timeline on traveling.

The question is how and where do you guys live and travel abroad for $2500 per month? My biggest stipulation is renting an apartment and staying at least one month.

With that:

1. How often do you go out?
2. Cook for yourself?
3. Public transportation?
4. Booze tab?
5. Unforeseen costs?

I plan on running the gauntlet again next year and the countries on the broad list are:

Ethiopia
Bulgaria
Poland
Romania
Croatia
Finland
U.K. (Somewhere)

The wild card spot include:

Belarus
Georgia
Finland
Iceland

I am willing to cut back on the number of wimminz I bag. Meaning if I land an agreeable 8 right off the bat I'd just keep her around for the month to save going out so much.

In Poland, a really nice apt will cost you $700. The rest of your funds will more than suffice for going out every night and eating out. In reality, you would probably only go out four or five times a week.

$2500 is very doable in most EE countries. Bulgaria is apparently cheaper than Poland. Bucharest was more expensive but still very manageable on your budget. Belarus will be very cheap, as well. Couldn't comment on Georgia but its probably cheap.

Count on Iceland, Finland being unmanageable on this budget. I've been to Stockholm twice now, and you will bleed in Scandinavia.

I know guys in Lithuania and Estonia who told me that a guy could get along well with that budget in their countries.

$2500 a month you could live ok anywhere in the world, so it is all about where you want to go.

Obviously if you were to go out 7 nights a week in London, you will have a hard time maintaining that 2500 a month but if you go out 3 times a week, you could do well in most of countries.

I think you are a guy who spends too much money so you may want to control more yourself when comes to spending. For example, i personally wouldnt buy a bottle of whiskey or whine for 100 euros in a club, i have done it once and if i had to do it again, it would take me few years, i can get ok with a cup of cola and whiskey for 4 euros and then just drink lots of them till i get drunk or whatever.

Even if you were to rent a car you would still live ok, try choose to rent a room in some countries instead of a flat. You may get a better experience in that particular country if you rent a room instead of a flat.

Usually when i travel, i spend 1500 dollars a month and i never eat at home and i am always out. I think day game also helps in savings, you dont need to pay to get in anywhere.

My problem is when on the hunt absolutely nothing else matters. 18 hr days are common for me when chasing tail. I'll catch a buzz at lunch and not give a flying fuck how many times my card gets swiped. Nothing financially will stand in the way of me and the target I'm after.

I guess I'm also looking for advice on how to get out of this mindset. Even when stateside my budget always goes over, even when not chasing ass. The U.S. is expensive though, and it's hard not to get nickel and dimed to death.

I want to do another run abroad, but still have financial means to start a business if landing back in the U.S.

@Lucky- $700 for a furnished apt. with utilities paid near city center is more than reasonable. What is the cost of the rail system in EE? I just hope you and Roosh saved a few targets for me in Poland![Image: blush.gif]

Quote: (11-24-2011 03:06 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I guess I'm also looking for advice on how to get out of this mindset.

Leave the cards at home and only bring your daily entertainment budget in cash. Find other things to do instead of always hunting. [Image: wink.gif]

live like a king on that in thailand

I find the description of 2500$ per month as "budget travel" absolutely hilarious. That said, you can live like a king anywhere in almost all of Eastern Europe, including Poland.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Handsome, ali probably is used to make more than 100k per year, thats why he calls 2500 dollars a month budget travel.

Quote: (11-24-2011 07:00 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

I find the description of 2500$ per month as "budget travel" absolutely hilarious. That said, you can live like a king anywhere in almost all of Eastern Europe, including Poland.

Totally agree to this. Dude, i could pick up so much more women on a monthly budget like that.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Quote: (11-24-2011 02:44 AM)youngmobileglobal Wrote:  

I know guys in Lithuania and Estonia who told me that a guy could get along well with that budget in their countries.

I went to Tallinn with intent of saving funds and spent a fortune, all things being equal. Still figuring that one out.

Quote: (11-24-2011 03:23 AM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Quote: (11-24-2011 03:06 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I guess I'm also looking for advice on how to get out of this mindset.

Leave the cards at home and only bring your daily entertainment budget in cash. Find other things to do instead of always hunting. [Image: wink.gif]

I plan on working on professional certs, but those cost a lot, thus the need to budget while traveling. Studying will help. I need to eat up at least 30 hrs a week doing something productive. Flipping bitches every few days gets expensive. Even with one in the bed, I still hear the "thump" of the music in the bars pounding in my ears, like the Tell-Tale Heart.

Quote: (11-24-2011 03:47 AM)garygroundwork Wrote:  

live like a king on that in thailand

SE Asia can be done on the cheap, but I'm trying to expand out, as I've been all over Asia and experience other cultures. Still though, I love LBFM's.

Quote: (11-24-2011 07:00 AM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

If I can still rock the playa lifestyle on less, I'm all ears.

Quote: (11-24-2011 07:26 AM)pitt Wrote:  

Handsome, ali probably is used to make more than 100k per year, thats why he calls 2500 dollars a month budget travel.

I make a lot more than that. [Image: blush.gif] Still, no reason in throwing away hard earned pesos.

Thanks for all the advice so far gents. Another reason I'm going budget is the potential need for longevity for a hiatus. I'm getting an uneasy feeling about the current economy in the U.S. Just trying to plan out a bit.

Try to figure out where all your money goes.

-Do you pay a lot of things for other people ?
-Do you eat/lunch every day in 4 star restaurants ?
-Do you pay rounds while no one is returning them ?
-Do you use drugs ?
-Do you spend a lot on fully guided tours or jetski-ing etc etc ?

I cant imagine spending 7.5K in Thailand in 3 weeks. Even a 100 dollar a day room, which would be the equivalent of a 1500 dollar room in the states, that would set you back approx 2 k. Leaves you 5.5K on other things.

No criticizing here, to each its own.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

Quote: (11-24-2011 08:33 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

Try to figure out where all your money goes.

-Do you pay a lot of things for other people ?
-Do you eat/lunch every day in 4 star restaurants ?
-Do you pay rounds while no one is returning them ?
-Do you use drugs ?
-Do you spend a lot on fully guided tours or jetski-ing etc etc ?

I cant imagine spending 7.5K in Thailand in 3 weeks. Even a 100 dollar a day room, which would be the equivalent of a 1500 dollar room in the states, that would set you back approx 2 k. Leaves you 5.5K on other things.

No criticizing here, to each its own.

Yeah i agree with you Neil, i think Ali is just spending too much money, manage your budget playboy.

$2500 a month isn't a crazy amount. I don't earn anywhere near $100k a year, more like $18,000 at the moment in this shitty job I'm in and even I budget for about a $1500 a month when travelling. Even in places like Thailand where I'm staying in cheap rooms, eating food on the street, drinking cheap beers etc so anyone who prefers a slightly higher standard of travel would easily spend $2500. I definitely spent about $2000 a month during my few months in Brazil though I was out partying all the time in Rio and Sao Paulo which wasn't cheap. I also have the problem of not being able to budget, if I'm having fun I'll not stop to think about the bank balance, if I want to buy something I'll buy it. I falsely get into the mindset that I've got loads of money, especially at the start of trips because my bank balance is healthy, and get a bit carried away. Can cause problems late on in the trip and mean I have to be extra careful about my spending or borrow some cash. Due to go away in January and determined this time to budget properly and watching the spending. Work out what my daily budget is and stick to it.

Quote: (11-24-2011 01:12 PM)KingofScotland Wrote:  

$2500 a month isn't a crazy amount. I don't earn anywhere near $100k a year, more like $18,000 at the moment in this shitty job I'm in and even I budget for about a $1500 a month when travelling. Even in places like Thailand where I'm staying in cheap rooms, eating food on the street, drinking cheap beers etc so anyone who prefers a slightly higher standard of travel would easily spend $2500. I definitely spent about $2000 a month during my few months in Brazil though I was out partying all the time in Rio and Sao Paulo which wasn't cheap. I also have the problem of not being able to budget, if I'm having fun I'll not stop to think about the bank balance, if I want to buy something I'll buy it. I falsely get into the mindset that I've got loads of money, especially at the start of trips because my bank balance is healthy, and get a bit carried away. Can cause problems late on in the trip and mean I have to be extra careful about my spending or borrow some cash. Due to go away in January and determined this time to budget properly and watching the spending. Work out what my daily budget is and stick to it.

I'm not traveling ultra low budget and i think i spent more a month in Brazil. staying in hostels and eating cheap food, its the nightlife and expensive transport that kills your money there

AliB,
2500 for one month or per month over a period of a few months? I don't know about trips of one month at a time with only 2.5k, that would be limit-limit man unless we're talking about a place that's dirt cheap like the Philippines or the North of Thailand for example. However, if you stay in a place for at least 3-4 months, then you can make it happen for that amount. If you only want to stay in a place for 1 month at a time and be moving and or returning to your home base, then you'd have to raise that 2.5k to 4 or even 5k to have a good and fun lifestyle. With 4 to 4k/month, pretty much all the places on your list can be doable (save maybe London and Iceland). Don't get me wrong, I'm sure London can be done for less than 5k/month but it wouldn't be fun. IMO, the whole point of going somewhere else is to elevate your lifestyle not to lower it. Some food for thought...btw, how's life in Afghanistan? Where in AFG are you? I would love to go for a visit there but the safety issue is always holding me back...

The issue is staying out of the states for tax reasons. I need to be gone for 330 days out of a 365 day period. I was only planning on working for 6-8 months, which leaves 3-5 months to kill. The tax man would absolutely destroy my bank account otherwise, to the point it wouldn't be worth my time over here. I figure going somewhere cheaper like EE would still save me money in the long run.

I honestly thought $2500 was standard budget travel, and couldn't imagine traveling for any less and still have fun. Worrying about funds or counting pesos everyday would gloomy my party mood.

@VP- Afghan is the wild wild west right now. We'll meet up in China or somewhere civilized and not worry about getting our heads cut off.
I planned on staying in a country for 1 month, then moving on. Is $2.5K still not doable, transportation not included? I'd planned on buying a RTW ticket but that puts me on a schedule. It would suck to meet a dime piece in Romania and then have to leave.

As far as transport through I want to rail it the whole way. It's a slower means of travel but also a nostalgic one. Besides, running train game has got to be fun.

Roosh has mentioned rolling on this budget, so I know it's feasible, and he's pulling a lot of tail. I'm just trying to get an idea of the daily lifestyle I'll have.

Quote: (11-24-2011 09:12 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I honestly thought $2500 was standard budget travel, and couldn't imagine traveling for any less and still have fun. Worrying about funds or counting pesos everyday would gloomy my party mood.

I always thought 2500 a month was a small budget as well. Personally, I tend to spend more when I first arrive in a place. My spending goes down if I stay longer term and get the lay of the land. So for me, I would end up spending more going to a different country every 30 days.

You can definitely enjoy yourself on $2500 a month, but not if you want to stay in 5 star hotels and resorts, eat in classy restaurants every night, go to high end VIP clubs and so on. You have to either be prepared to spend money for that or cut down if you're budgeting. You're budget is generous for places like SE Asia, South America and Easter Europe. $5k a month like some people are talking about is probably way more than you need in these places if you're not going OTT.

Anywhere in South America

You could live on that like a king in Medellin

I am finding it funnny you guys wondering if is possible to have fun when travelling with 2500 dollars lol. I usually only spend 1500 dollars (a month) and i have a feeling that i spend a lot and i always go back home with the impression that i had done all i wanted when i was travelling.

I am really wondering where do you guys spend your money.

Depends on your lifestyle, I can cope with staying in hostel dorms & eating on the street and high end clubs aren't my thing. If you're more accustomed to classy hotels, fancy restaurants and high end clubs then you're going to need more money.

I will suggest you to go southern side of Florida as the place is beautiful with many beaches, nature, and the most important cheaper resorts and food, you will be able to live there easily and happily.