rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bang audiobook question

Bang audiobook question

I hired a voice actor to do the audio edition of Bang. My question to you: if you were to buy it, would you rather have one big file or separate files for each chapter?

Bang audiobook question

I actually transfer the files to textedit on mac then text to speech mp3 to ipod and listen to all my books through this method. I recommended people do that a few months ago for listening on the go. In my experience, it's better to have all the chapters separate because it is easier to navigate. Not to mention, if you accidentally hit back or forward, you're not totally fucked on finding your spot again.

Bang audiobook question

Why not voice it yourself...

Bang audiobook question

Separate files, would probably buy it again just for an audio version.

Bang audiobook question

For novels like Dead Bat I prefer one big file, but for a book like Bang where going back and rehashing a certain topic can be beneficial I'd say multiple files. Why not offer both?

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Bang audiobook question

The whole audio book is 230 megs, so if I offer both that would be a large download.

Here's an audio sample: http://soundcloud.com/rooshv/bang-audiobook-sample-no-1

Bang audiobook question

The guy is so deadpan, I almost feel like content like Bang needs someone with some character

Chef In Jeans

Bang audiobook question

Roosh, I think I'd rather have you narrate it yourself for the simple reason that the listener would be able to listen to the voice tonality that you use when you deliver the lines in the book. I'd rather hear how you say a routine than listen to a voice actor read it.

Bang audiobook question

Quote: (11-21-2011 06:11 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

Roosh, I think I'd rather have you narrate it yourself for the simple reason that the listener would be able to listen to the voice tonality that you use when you deliver the lines in the book. I'd rather hear how you say a routine than listen to a voice actor read it.

This.

So I mentioned in a post last week that 9 times out of 10 its lions, and 1 out of 10 people use gorillas to study the alpha/beta behavior. I was joking around and forgot you used that example.

Also: Its hilarious to hear this guy say 'doggy style sex'.

Bang audiobook question

Chat: I specifically asked for deadpan. I don't want his tone to confuse the readers.

Quote:Quote:

I'd rather hear how you say a routine than listen to a voice actor read it.

Of course, but I didn't want to dedicate a month or two of my time for the audiobook version when it's not a main project. If I didn't outsource it, I'd never do it.

Bang audiobook question

The deadpan almost makes it sound like a joke though, to me anyways. Im sure its also due to it just being a random clip, but it sounds like a spoof because he's so serious. It is very to understand him though.

Chef In Jeans

Bang audiobook question

Great to see you expanding your product line. Just a couple of ideas to throw out there...

If you want to sell it as a download, then I would use a zip program to break up the file into multiple files. That keeps your main audio file as one file which I think would be the best situation. It will be a faster download as well.

I would also test offering a physical cd as a more expensive alternative. Services like Kunaki will create your cd on demand and the quality looks pretty damn good. You can add lists of your other products inside the jacket just in case they enjoy your audio book. haha

I would offer both, the download and the physical cd. A lot of people still like having something they can hold in their hands.

Bang audiobook question

Quote: (11-21-2011 06:57 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

I'd rather hear how you say a routine than listen to a voice actor read it.

Of course, but I didn't want to dedicate a month or two of my time for the audiobook version when it's not a main project. If I didn't outsource it, I'd never do it.

Maybe you could record yourself saying only the lines and routines and let the voice actor do the rest? I bet that wouldn't add up to very much. It might interrupt the flow but I think it would be worth it to hear how you actually deliver the dialogue during an approach. I can't speak for anyone else but for me personally that kind of value added might actually make the difference between me buying the audiobook or not.

Bang audiobook question

I'd love to hear it narrated by John O'Hurley from Seinfeld. That would rock!!

But yeah separate files would be better so you can skip through them while driving.

Team Nachos

Bang audiobook question

Deadpan is so Roosh. It's perfect.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Bang audiobook question

Did you hire this cat to do it?

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Bang audiobook question

That guy was given many opportunities but went back on the bottle: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_William...er_artist)

Bang audiobook question

Damn you should do it Roosh. The only audio book I could listen to was one by Obama that he narrated himself. Definitely awesome to listen to the author talk.

Bang audiobook question

Sorry if its off topic...Will a Day Bang version be available too?