rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Date Lab winner! Guy rejects girl because she's too fat

This is a good one: http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/...estyle_pop

The Washington Post sets Matt up on a date with a fattie. Here's his initial thoughts:

Quote:Quote:

I didn’t feel initial romantic attraction. I guess she wasn’t as petite as I like.

Before she knew she was getting rejected:

He’s cute. I’m not into super-metro guys with gel in their hair, and he didn’t look like that at all. He was comfortable.

He didn’t really make any moves

After realizing he doesn't like, she tries to save face:

I feel like we’re in two different places.

How does Matt feel about the date?

“I don’t see us going out again, to be honest,” Matt said.

I wonder why!

[Image: fatter.gif]

Check out the top rated comments:

If some tool walked me all over DC in high heels on a first date and then remarked in the Post wrap up I wasn't "petite enough" for him, he'd need a body guard the next time he ventured outside of his house!

Ugh, I really hate it when guys use "petite" as a supposedly polite way of saying "thin." "Petite" means SMALL. It means NOT TALL. In clothes terms, "petite" sizes are for short--but not necessarily skinny--people. It is ridiculous to say you prefer "tall" girls and then to say "she wasn’t as petite as I like." And it doesn't make you seem more sensitive than just saying "she wasn't thin enough for me." It makes you seem just as douchey as that, except with an extra side of pretentiousness and denial.

he thinks she's fat. I think she's beautiful, classy, awesome. If he couldn't see that he doesn't deserve her.

You hear that? Because Matt doesn't like a fat girl, he's a "douche."

We should support Matt and his decision not to date a fattie. I left this comment:

I hate to go against the pity party for Kate, who seems like a nice person, but he is more handsome than she is pretty. There is no reason why he should accept her obesity when he's in shape and values a woman with a more presentable appearance. Matt likes thin girls but Kate doesn't fit that profile, so maybe Date Lab should do a better job of screening daters who don't have existing health concerns. If all these posters think Kate is so pretty, why don't they date her? She happens to be single.

+1 rep for Matt.

so maybe Date Lab should do a better job of screening daters who don't have existing health concerns.

[Image: lol.gif]

I enjoy these date lab happy endings much more.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

The Washington Post deleted my comment and moderated me. [Image: lol.gif]

It's okay to call Matt a douche but you can't criticize the girl... figures.

I like where this Fat Girl Jihad is going.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/35bts3/

Good for Matt. Would love to see the look on the cow's face when she read that he rejected her for not being "petite."

More of these DC chubbsters need to get in touch with reality...and a treadmill.

Quote: (11-20-2011 09:39 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Capitol of the free world indeed.

You comment was far more generous and modest than it needed to be.

Quote: (11-20-2011 10:43 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

I think DC just won the battle of the Titans. Top that Toronto!

It's interesting that it is considered impolite and even "douchey" for men to express preferences about women's weight and body type and yet women have absolutely no compunction about mentioning men's height.

If anything, bringing up height should be the more taboo topic. Men can't do anything to make themselves taller, but fat people can lose weight.

Just left my comment. Vote it up and reply, guys (sort newest first). I kept it vanilla to appeal to the squares.

EDIT:

In case I get deleted and moderated too:

tuthmosis
10:54 PM EST

The fact that everyone is crucifying Matt for speaking not only his opinion, but an OBJECTIVE fact (over-weight people are not as attractive as fit, healthy people) is part of the reason we have an obesity epidemic in the first place. This is enabling on a massive scale. "Quiet, you can't say that."

I, for one, am glad he spoke up. Little acts like this--refusing to accept someone who doesn't have the self-discipline to care for her physique--are what we need to fight this growing problem. What incentive do we have to eat healthier and exercise if there's a line of people online ready to comment about how "pretty" and "classy" we are, despite being 30+ pounds over our ideal range?

It's okay to be critical, people. Honest, polite criticism is what helps us improve. Life isn't everyone-gets-a-trophy little league.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I liked the reply you left, Tuth.

Yes, she does seem more "mature." Unfortunately, "mature" is not a compliment to a woman--for a reason. Go around telling attractive girls they're "mature" and see where that gets you.

Could get you pretty far actually. Complimenting a girl's outfit or whatever and saying it makes her look "mature" might make for a great neg.

You probably got moderated for criticizing the Datelab matchmakers. Pretty sensitive and lame.

Sean100 posted: Grrr, so I'm guessing the word douchey, without the y, is banned. Thanks, Washington Post, for twice just erasing my comments entirely rather than letting me know there's a banned word in there.

I think the girl is hotter and does not appear fat. The guy has a weird haircut and uneven complexion. He is wearing a plaid shirt with a striped sweater. I thought he might be skinny. But actually he looks broad-shouldered and lean muscular. That would explain his pickiness about womens' figures.

It is refreshing to read comments displaying the flip side of male bitterness. Men get angry about women flaking and giving shit tests to nice guys. Conversely, women get rejected if they don't measure up to arbitrary standards of beauty. Don't hate the players, hate the game. To be fair, comments in previous Date Lab articles criticised women who were arbitrary and picky too.

Check out this gem...

Girls are always mature than boys. In fact, girls are 30 yrs. in age as far as maturity goes when they actually are 28. And that's why it is always better to date / marry someone who is younger than you (if you are a guy).

Yes...a supposed 'maturity gap' is why it's preferable to date or marry a younger women...

Quote: (11-20-2011 11:13 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

Check out this gem...

Girls are always mature than boys. In fact, girls are 30 yrs. in age as far as maturity goes when they actually are 28. And that's why it is always better to date / marry someone who is younger than you (if you are a guy).

Yes...a supposed 'maturity gap' is why it's preferable to date or marry a younger women.

Yeah I saw that too. The hamster really went into overdrive to come up with that one. [Image: lol.gif]

Looks like a lot comments are getting removed from the Post site.

Funny thing is - her face is what? A solid 4?

Quote: (11-20-2011 11:02 PM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Just left my comment. Vote it up and reply, guys (sort newest first). I kept it vanilla to appeal to the squares.

EDIT:

In case I get deleted and moderated too:

tuthmosis
10:54 PM EST

The fact that everyone is crucifying Matt for speaking not only his opinion, but an OBJECTIVE fact (over-weight people are not as attractive as fit, healthy people) is part of the reason we have an obesity epidemic in the first place. This is enabling on a massive scale. "Quiet, you can't say that."

I, for one, am glad he spoke up. Little acts like this--refusing to accept someone who doesn't have the self-discipline to care for her physique--are what we need to fight this growing problem. What incentive do we have to eat healthier and exercise if there's a line of people online ready to comment about how "pretty" and "classy" we are, despite being 30+ pounds over our ideal range?

It's okay to be critical, people. Honest, polite criticism is what helps us improve. Life isn't everyone-gets-a-trophy little league.
I left one but used a different name. lol

I liked the subtle neg:

We actually walked all the way from Rosemary’s Thyme to [McPherson Square]. I was very impressed that she could walk that far [over a mile] in high heels.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

Quote: (11-20-2011 10:47 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (11-20-2011 10:43 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

I think DC just won the battle of the Titans. Top that Toronto!

I agree man. Toronto isn't nowhere that bad.

Quote: (11-20-2011 11:47 PM)Soma Wrote:  

I liked the subtle neg:

We actually walked all the way from Rosemary’s Thyme to [McPherson Square]. I was very impressed that she could walk that far [over a mile] in high heels.

I know, right. That's a little like saying, "I was impressed by how little she sweated going up the three flights of stairs."

We need to get a message to this guy to join the forum. He has seen the light. We actually witnessed the process of him going from beta chump (agreeing to do DateLab) to nascent player (publicly dropping the hammer on that fattie, albeit very politely).

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Can somebody on this forum please sign up for date lab? I'd love to see what happens. I would be eternally grateful.

Quote: (11-21-2011 01:28 AM)torontokid Wrote:  

Can somebody on this forum please sign up for date lab? I'd love to see what happens. I would be eternally grateful.
We have one that signed up a while ago with a impressive resume.

I told Gmac he needs to get on there. Hell, i'd throw some money in if we could get mechanico or mixx up there...or even roosh

Funny how the guy tries his hardest to sugar-coat rejecting the girl, when all the other datelabs where the girl rejects the guy involve her gleefully itemizing her date's every single shortcoming.

Quote: (11-21-2011 01:55 AM)houston Wrote:  

I told Gmac he needs to get on there. Hell, i'd throw some money in if we could get mechanico or mixx up there...or even roosh

Well Roosh is now a minor celebrity in DC and in Iceland, and G most definitely wouldn't do it. I think the funniest results would be from Mechanico, Mixx, Tuth or Gmac.

Serious question: Do you guys think that there are 'Datelab Groupies'? You know, girls that will fuck a guy just because they read about him in Datelab? I mean I doubt that the guy who was a ridiculous beta from a few weeks back gets any play, but I can see this 'Matt' maybe getting 1-2 residual bangs because he appeared in this column and came off as a bit of an asshole.

Quote: (11-21-2011 02:02 AM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

Funny how the guy tries his hardest to sugar-coat rejecting the girl, when all the other datelabs where the girl rejects the guy involve her gleefully itemizing her date's every single shortcoming.

Women - Carte Blanche
Men - Held to rigid, dated standards

Obama's America...

She wasnt rejected because she was fat, she was rejected because she is a fucking chubby princess that, in spite of being a *cough* successful 20 something still believes in the fairy tale that prince charming is coming her way to nurture and care and protect her and see past her plain looks and still love her for what she is, giving himself away to her completely without ever expecting anything from her.

And thats why that Stephany Meyer shit got so popular.

If I ran into Katie at Ultrabar and we clicked you better believe the jumbo slice would be on me!

[Image: lol.gif]