rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bachelor Furniture

Bachelor Furniture

So I've got some money (finally) and looking to swag out my place a bit. I've improved my self, my image, my clothing, and my diet, but my room (I live in a group house with roommates) is still pretty pedestrian.

Anyone have any suggestions for stores that sell good looking furniture and decorative stuff at a decent price?

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Bachelor Furniture

Look at craigslist and thrift stores. You never know what you will find.

I've noticed that a lot of the d.c guys have roomates. Is a studio or a house very expensive?

Bachelor Furniture

Quote: (11-19-2011 03:23 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I've noticed that a lot of the d.c guys have roomates. Is a studio or a house very expensive?

Yeah rent is fucking ridiculous here.

My buddy in Ohio pays less for his HOUSE then I do for my one room.

I checked CL, didn't find much that I liked, I'll keep tabs on it though, and thrift stores and garage sales where my second idea. Though I'm not against spending a little more at an actual store if the piece is nice.

Chef In Jeans

Bachelor Furniture

Quote: (11-19-2011 03:36 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2011 03:23 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Yeah rent is fucking ridiculous here.

My buddy in Ohio pays less for his HOUSE then I do for my one room.

I checked CL, didn't find much that I liked, I'll keep tabs on it though, and thrift stores and garage sales where my second idea. Though I'm not against spending a little more at an actual store if the piece is nice.
I really don't understand why you guys live there if you dont have to.
You can rent a house here for 600 all day long and if you are proven to be reliable even cheaper.

Maybe when you get your shit straight you should come here for a few days. It's easy to live and worth a look.

When I lived in CT I made about 30 an hour which is shit money there. I came here at 20 an hour and lived like a king.

Bachelor Furniture

Im most likely moving when my lease is up. Looking into going back to Ohio, rent there is dirt cheap and the young girls are pretty fly

Chef In Jeans

Bachelor Furniture

Where in Ohio dirt cheap? I don't think it's Cleveland.

Bachelor Furniture

Quote: (11-19-2011 04:53 PM)bengalltigerr Wrote:  

My apartment in cleveland was $400/mo with utilities included, they would've knocked it down to $375/mo if I renewed my lease. And this was the nice area in the north just next to Lakewood, not the ghetto ass area in the middle of downtown.

Chef In Jeans

Bachelor Furniture

You can buy a house in Youngstown for $800. How many do you want?

Bachelor Furniture

Quote: (11-19-2011 05:12 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2011 04:53 PM)bengalltigerr Wrote:  

My apartment in cleveland was $400/mo with utilities included, they would've knocked it down to $375/mo if I renewed my lease. And this was the nice area in the north just next to Lakewood, not the ghetto ass area in the middle of downtown.

Shit! that's really cheap

Bachelor Furniture

My buddy lives about 20 minutes outside Columbus, he pays $680 for his three bedroom house with a full backyard and finished basement, most of hte midwest is cheap. If I lived thre making what i make now I'd be living the pimp lifestyle, here in the DC metro area I'm barely scrapping by

So again, CHEAP furniture and decorative stuff is a must lol.

Also, anyone know a good place to find a small bar table with a leaf? I want to get my alcohol situation tight so "lets get a drink back at my place" is a good viable line

Chef In Jeans

Bachelor Furniture

Quote: (11-19-2011 07:33 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

My buddy lives about 20 minutes outside Columbus, he pays $680 for his three bedroom house with a full backyard and finished basement, most of hte midwest is cheap. If I lived thre making what i make now I'd be living the pimp lifestyle, here in the DC metro area I'm barely scrapping by

So again, CHEAP furniture and decorative stuff is a must lol.

Also, anyone know a good place to find a small bar table with a leaf? I want to get my alcohol situation tight so "lets get a drink back at my place" is a good viable line
If you a choice to live anywhere you want you would move to Ohio?

I know you're from there and the girls are friendly but??????????

Bachelor Furniture

Family and friends. I could live rent free until I found a job, anywhere else I have to.have a job set before I move.or a good.bit of savings to live off while I find a job

Chef In Jeans

Bachelor Furniture

Quote: (11-19-2011 09:15 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Family and friends. I could live rent free until I found a job, anywhere else I have to.have a job set before I move.or a good.bit of savings to live off while I find a job

What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?

Anyway, being limited on space I'd recommend one of these bars:

[Image: attachment.jpg3610]   

[Image: attachment.jpg3611]   

[Image: attachment.jpg3612]   

These are great for limited space and are a conversation piece in themselves. Keep the bar clean, meaning you only need 2 liquors: Jameson and Vodka, with a couple mixers for the vodka. Store the liquor in decanters for a classy feel.

Plus it never hurts to have a globe handy to plot out international adventures.

For the price I'd recommend World Market for furniture. http://www.worldmarket.com

They have leather chairs on sale right now for $200 dollars. A lot of their furniture is classy and different. You could pimp out your bedroom on the cheap, and still make it look great.

Bachelor Furniture

Quote: (11-19-2011 09:21 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I think Chad is a Chef. He would love it here.

Bachelor Furniture

Quote: (11-19-2011 09:30 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I don't think Clearwater could compare with "all the pretty little chicks with their crimson lips" up there in Ohio.

[attachment=3616]

Bachelor Furniture

Quote: (11-19-2011 10:34 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (11-19-2011 09:30 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

I don't think Clearwater could compare with "all the pretty little chicks with their crimson lips" up there in Ohio.
Ohio has hotties up the wazzu! But why live there when they live here as well?

Bachelor Furniture

That globe bar is cool man. It's got class, plus you can point out all the exotic places you've been to.
I dropped three grand on a leather couch and two chairs... and my dog has done number on them in a couple years. My parents bought some new fake leather furniture for a few hundred and I cant tell the difference from the real shit. Check some of the fake leather options out. Theyve come a long way.

Bachelor Furniture

I dig the globe bar, and I know there's a world market around here somewhere.

E.Mech where's here?

Chef In Jeans

Bachelor Furniture

Cowhide pillow and/or blankets

Bachelor Furniture

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ZALcreations

[Image: il_fullxfull.259735704.jpg]

Bachelor Furniture

Those globe bars are clean!! I don't know where I would put it though. Can I find cheap coffee tables on world market?

edit - i looked right now. some nice shit on there. something like this is perfect.
http://www.worldmarket.com/product/index...Id=4210902

Bachelor Furniture

Quote: (11-20-2011 01:34 AM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

E.Mech where's here?
Pinellas County FL. Select locations. Just North of Clearwater

Bachelor Furniture

Quote: (11-22-2011 04:27 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

E.Mech where's here?

Trust me if I had family and support in FL I'd take that over Ohio, but I'm going where is smart for me. In Ohio I can live rent free while I get a job lined up, and then the cost of living will let me get my shit paid down quick. I dont see myself staying there for more then a year or two.

@Houston

Check Amazon, they've got a ton of those globe bars in various types. I forgot after my run in the with the po-po I'm without legal ID at the moment (though not driving illegally) so I can't buy booze [Image: dodgy.gif] Though I could have my roommates get it...

Chef In Jeans

Bachelor Furniture

Quote: (11-22-2011 06:50 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

Quote: (11-22-2011 04:27 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

E.Mech where's here?

Trust me if I had family and support in FL I'd take that over Ohio, but I'm going where is smart for me. In Ohio I can live rent free while I get a job lined up, and then the cost of living will let me get my shit paid down quick. I dont see myself staying there for more then a year or two.

@Houston

Check Amazon, they've got a ton of those globe bars in various types. I forgot after my run in the with the po-po I'm without legal ID at the moment (though not driving illegally) so I can't buy booze [Image: dodgy.gif] Though I could have my roommates get it...
You could get a job here in one phone call. Work at hooters and bang out the whole staff.

Bachelor Furniture

Dont tempt me lol, but I'll keep that in mind, if the area is as cheap as you say, and the jobs are plentiful I wont rule it out. I'm stuck in a lease till June so I've got time.

Chef In Jeans