rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Average DC woman gets treated above what her looks dictate in NYC

I was looking at Yelp reviews of the Hudson Terrace Rooftop in NYC. I stumbled upon this and I wanted to throw up.

"I got right in....paid no cover. Drinks are kind of pricy...but it is NYC. I was drinking champagne and I think they cost $20.00 a glass. We probably had 20 drinks sent to us by men, if not more. Also, I am not a model, actress or anyone special and I do not think I am attractive, but whenever I go to NYC the men treat me like a Queen. I am thinking I need to move to NY!! HA! The men are very, very generous here. I think the men in NYC are just a better class than they are in DC.

Anyways, I had a blast... and a must for single girls. I met a designer for Armani there :-)"

http://www.yelp.com/biz_share?bizid=ciov...1yZNbNNr0A

One case. Kick the slut in the babymaker and she won't yelp again I guarantee it.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (11-19-2011 12:41 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

One case. Kick the slut in the babymaker and she won't yelp again I guarantee it.

DUDE! You almost drowned me, and now I have to clean the Coke Zero off of my computer.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

Quote: (11-19-2011 12:58 AM)vinman Wrote:  

DUDE! You almost drowned me, and now I have to clean the Coke Zero off of my computer.

Gmac owes this man a keyboard. Party foul.

The exception. NYC girls are a ton hotter and nicer.

I'm in NYC now and last night it was a case of a bunch of beta males trying to be white knights.

DC girls are generally very rough.

NYC girls are hotter.

But LA girls take the prize for me.

Any may who sends a drink to a random female is totally lost.

Quote: (11-19-2011 12:26 AM)RaulValdez739 Wrote:  

I was looking at Yelp reviews of the Hudson Terrace Rooftop in NYC. I stumbled upon this and I wanted to throw up.

"I got right in....paid no cover. Drinks are kind of pricy...but it is NYC. I was drinking champagne and I think they cost $20.00 a glass. We probably had 20 drinks sent to us by men, if not more. Also, I am not a model, actress or anyone special and I do not think I am attractive, but whenever I go to NYC the men treat me like a Queen. I am thinking I need to move to NY!! HA! The men are very, very generous here. I think the men in NYC are just a better class than they are in DC.

Anyways, I had a blast... and a must for single girls. I met a designer for Armani there :-)"

Here's her picture:

[Image: l.jpg]

[Image: puke.gif]

Quote: (11-19-2011 12:58 AM)vinman Wrote:  

u know there is aspertame in that?

This is absolutely disgusting to read.

Keep in mind that NYC's number of single women has decreased by 60,000 since 2008. In the last three years, NYC has also become much worse, according to this statistic:

Quote:Quote:

single women currently outnumber single men in New York by 149,219. This number has actually decreased from 2008's woman-surplus of 210,000

http://www.villagevoice.com/2011-02-09/n...-it-s-you/

Quote: (11-21-2011 02:31 PM)AVisitor Wrote:  

Keep in mind that NYC's number of single women has decreased by 60,000 since 2008. In the last three years, NYC has also become much worse, according to this statistic:

Quote:Quote:

single women currently outnumber single men in New York by 149,219. This number has actually decreased from 2008's woman-surplus of 210,000

http://www.villagevoice.com/2011-02-09/n...-it-s-you/
In addition to what you are saying, I may have missed qualifying stats, but women live longer than men, and the population as a whole is aging, so at first guess the reality would be worse than the 149,219 number because a larger number of those single women might be over 35, or 40 (your choice) than they were when the 200k number was derived.

Quote: (11-19-2011 12:26 AM)RaulValdez739 Wrote:  

This is not surprising. There a lot of thirsty dudes in New York. Plus, the public sector is huge(city,state and federal) this translate to a lot dudes with recession proof jobs who can trick until the cows come home.

I didn't know there were a lot of thirsty dudes in NYC... until I visited in May of this year. I checked out a club in Manhattan called "Marquee" and the ratio was 2:1 there, similar to DC, so that was very disappointing. Speed dating in NYC also had lousy ratios for some reason.

On the other hand, eye contact on the subway and on the street was good, so that's definitely not happening in DC. Purely in terms of nightlife, DC and NYC don't seem to be that far apart these days.

Quote: (11-26-2011 11:42 AM)AVisitor Wrote:  

I didn't know there were a lot of thirsty dudes in NYC... until I visited in May of this year. I checked out a club in Manhattan called "Marquee" and the ratio was 2:1 there, similar to DC, so that was very disappointing. Speed dating in NYC also had lousy ratios for some reason.

On the other hand, eye contact on the subway and on the street was good, so that's definitely not happening in DC. Purely in terms of nightlife, DC and NYC don't seem to be that far apart these days.

I think Marquee is a big tourist type of club so I wouldnt be surprised if that was mostly dudes. A few years back I was up in NYC visiting a buddy of mine and we decided to go out at the last minute and tried to bounce to a few places near his house that were the smaller lounge type places and none would let us in w/o girls w/us, so my thinking is if you are a regular and have an in at places like this its probably a decent scene, if not you end up at places like Marquee w/all the other lounge rejects go.

yeah... but the thing is, if NYC's ratios are as awesome as some claim, you shouldn't need to have girls with you to walk into a club. It's suspicious to me that there would be a door policy against men in a city known for having so many women.

BTW at Marquee, guys couldn't get in without getting a table. Simple walk-ins were not allowed for men. That also kind of surprised me, I didn't think males were that expendable in NYC lol.

Quote: (11-26-2011 03:06 PM)AVisitor Wrote:  

yeah... but the thing is, if NYC's ratios are as awesome as some claim, you shouldn't need to have girls with you to walk into a club. It's suspicious to me that there would be a door policy against men in a city known for having so many women.

BTW at Marquee, guys couldn't get in without getting a table. Simple walk-ins were not allowed for men. That also kind of surprised me, I didn't think males were that expendable in NYC lol.

I could be wrong but I never really thought NYC's ratio's were that great, the allure was more that their top tier was hotter/friendlier