rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What is your favorite brand of alcohol?

I just hit up the package store so I figured I ask y'all whats your favorite brands are. Quality and price wise.

Ive got a buddy that goes through a 5th of jack or jim in a couple days..
He'd down it in a night if he didnt have shit to do.
I can't pay 21 bucks for a 5th of jack all the time like he does.
I also hate shit like Kamchatka or some super low brand shit thats gonna burn my voice box...

Im always up to try new brands..even learn to mix drinks. but this is what ive been buying lately.

Svedka Vodka $14.25 for a 1L around here. I think its just as good as grey goose and absolut and has a classy glass bottle. (why pay 25 bucks for the same shit when the girl of the night cant tell the difference) and it mixes well

Parrot Bay Rum: $14.40 a L. Good to mix drinks..some people tell me its a girl drink..but i like it..and i dont know alot of whiskey drinking girls)

Evan Williams Whiskey: 16.60 a Handle (1.75L) Giant bottle. Guys can drink all night. Once a chick is half drunk she can pound the Evans. Plus its in a plastic bottle..itll bounce back when it hits the floor

next time Im gonna hit the the KC Tea though

I am the cock carousel

I've tried to get into better scotch's with no success so far so I've stuck with Grey Goose, a 60 of grey goose at the liquor stores here is a jack, 110ish but my friends and I usually stock up whenever we get to the US. Can do Tanqueray in a pinch if there's no Grey Goose but I'm not a wine guy or much of a drinker period.

In efforts to lose weight, I stopped drinking beer. I drink only Jameson now... yet another thing the hipsters have taken from me. haha!

Quote: (11-17-2011 09:52 AM)amistod Wrote:  

In efforts to lose weight, I stopped drinking beer. I drink only Jameson now... yet another thing the hipsters have taken from me. haha!

Fear not laddie, for the legacy of Jameson will far outlast the social blight now as hipsters.

For me it's Jameson and Bushmills. 1608 is proper and can be found at Cutters and that pool hall almost across the street from the 40 Watt. They keep it in the red felt-lined box and it's a showstopper when ordered.

For beer I prefer Dos Equis Amber, Guinness, or Yuengling.

I am without a doubt a Jack Daniels man. Jack & Coke is my favorite drink, with any number of beers coming in second.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I love fosters, peroni, amstel beer

white russian and vodka n coke are favorites as well

don't like champagne and wine soso

Detective Rust Cohle: "All the dick swagger you roll, you can't spot crazy pussy?"

I fux with Henny and Absolut for now. Gray goose is dangerous but I use it to clobber lizards over the head with...

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Johnnie Walker Black. I like it with just a couple ice cubes. It gives me vicious hangovers so after a couple I switch to vodka.

This Vodka gives me the least hangover of any thing I've ever drank. Even using the German method it comes out ahead by far..
[attachment=3593]

Thinking of hipsters...and beer. I've been a PBR fan for a while..I only recently heard hipsters are suppose to love this stuff.
When I go for a little better quality I hit up the Yuengling

I am the cock carousel

as a university guy i stick to the cheapest stuff around. sadly that is $25 for 750mL of any hard liquor and $8 for a 6pack of colt 45 ($13 for anything good). ill usually drink whisky or wine.

Quote: (11-17-2011 11:02 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Johnnie Walker Black. I like it with just a couple ice cubes. It gives me vicious hangovers so after a couple I switch to vodka.

You should try this drink called the godfather. 1.5oz scotch with .75 oz amaretto over ice.

Try bailey's irish creame whiskey..

I'm a whore for any type of red wine not called Cabernet Sauvignon.

Vodka - Belvedere

Tequila - Patron Reposado

Rum - Flor de Cana

Gin - Gordon's

Rye - Wiser's

Whiskey (American) - Walker's

Single-Malt - Lagavulin

Beer (Can/bottle) - Carlsberg

Beer (Draft) - Stella Artois

In an ideal world I'd be swimming in all of this stuff, but unfortunately these days, I buy what I can afford (that means lots of Smirnoff, Canadian Club, Blue and Sauza).

When getting drunk, Costco vodka doesn't give me a hangover, and is the same as Grey Goose.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/653475

It costs under $30 for 1.75 ML. Very clean. No hangover.

When drinking for its own sake, I stick with wine, fine gin (hendrick's gin), and Japanese whiskey. This is my go to whiskey. It's cleaner and smoother than any American stuff:

http://www.whiskycritic.com/suntory-yama...2-year-old

Whisky is pretty much the only thing I drink:

Ardbeg. Peaty, smoky goodness. It feels like one is drinking the life blood of the earth itself. Goes well with partigas culebras or your rum-soaked cigar of choice.

Lagavulin (16 year old or better). Smoky, but not as dark as Ardbeg, fruity and fragrant.

Talisker. While the previous two single malts are Islay malts, Talisker is from the Isle of Skye. It is lighter than the Islay malts, sweeter, but has an additional fiery kick to it after the initial warmth.

Jamesons. Irish and pleasantly ubiquitous.

I ocassionally get some wonderful rums from family in Cuba. Some of my favourites are Havana Club (siete años or Gran Reserva) and Santiago de Cuba.

Some of the Belgian pale ales are pretty nice - Lucifer, Duvel, etc.

D.

Hacker-Pschorr and Paulaner are my favourite beers.

I prefer single-malt scotch, I got a bottle of Aberlour 12-year old at Heathrow a few years ago, and it was fantastic. For blended I find Dewar's White Label to be better value then Johnnie Walker.

Don Julio is my favourite Tequila. Patron is good too, but with all the marketing and publicity, its over-priced. Can't stand Jose Cuervo.

Depends, if I'm drinking for getting fucked up, Captain Morgan 100, its not as harsh as 151, its got more punch then your average booze, and I like rum so its all good.

If I"m drinking for taste/quality, Jameson, on the rocks, splash of water OR a Tom Collins made with lemon juice and Tanqueray, which I'm sure I spelled wrong

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (11-17-2011 01:17 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

as a university guy i stick to the cheapest stuff around. sadly that is $25 for 750mL of any hard liquor and $8 for a 6pack of colt 45 ($13 for anything good). ill usually drink whisky or wine.

where do you live? 25 a fifth for cheap stuff is robbery

I am the cock carousel

I'm a beer man. I will always love O'Dells Easy Street wheat beer,
http://odellbrewing.com/beers/classic/easy_street which comes only from Colorado I think, I wish I could get it here... It has directions even on how to pour it, amazing beer.

What about WINE?

Did you guys ever try Argentinian Wine from Mendonza, especially Malbec grape wine? Spectacular... A good and cheap brand is Norton (maybe a local like Riker can give a few tips).

I "remember" last year hitting Buenos Aires with some homies from Brazil, where they introduced me to Argentinian wine. Each of as had two bottles... crazy, cuz it is so suave that you don't even feel it.

---

Something I've been meaning to ask...

There is no such thing as "light" beer back gome in Brazil. Here in the US where I currently am, I've been trying many beers, including light beers, which is my basic intake. I seem to be the only guy around who likes Coors Light, which I'll be missing when I leave...

Am I really one of the few who actually like it?

Oh I should've mentioned brewing your own hooch [Image: banana.gif]

http://singlewm.com/2011/10/25/cider-round-2/

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Quote: (11-17-2011 07:35 PM)Sourcecode Wrote:  

Quote: (11-17-2011 01:17 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

where do you live? 25 a fifth for cheap stuff is robbery

Vancouver, Canada. Its the worst haha.

also Chad my friend made a distillery in his room, actually better stuff than the worst vodkas, theres also a brewing club here on campus. brewing your own beer is actually pretty easy.

Guys, I truly recommend Flor de Caña Rum. Try the 7 Years' Reserva or, even better, the Centenario. For me it's as good as it can get.

Jameson is a cool alternative for whisky, one the best ratios quality x price IMO. Two weeks ago I bought a package with 4 bottles (1 liter each) for 84USD at the airport in Montevideo, which is not bad at all in this part of the world. Single Malts (I like those with a more "smokey" flavor) are usually expensive but worth being stocked.

Beer: Too many options to comment, but Pilsner Urquell Draft and some Belgian beers (like Hoegaarden on a sunny day) are worth mentioning. In the US, Sam Adams always proved a good choice.

Wine: I have found out over time that countries with rather weak marketing and lesser fame (compared to France, Italy etc) may have irresistible bargains and surpringly great quality wines if you know how to dig. Examples: Bulgaria (Hashkovo, Melnik, and especially Mavrud regions). Moldova (Cricova), Austria (go for the reds from smaller vineyards, never mind the glass "corks" which you'll find sometimes sealing the bottle) and even Portugal (Douro region is my favorite) can provide you "champions" for a fraction of the price of a decent/good Bordeaux wine. In South America, Chile and Argentina (mainly Mendoza region) are the obvious choices for good wines but the most attractive bargains were from Uruguay (look for a good Tannat - the word tanine comes from this grape-). Ah, there is this wine from Patagonia (Argentina) which amused me very much, the winemaker is called "Bodega del Fin del Mundo" (the vineyard from the end of the world). Very decent too.

Has anyone here tried Georgian brandy? I hear only good things about it but I've never tried myself, shame, shame....