rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Choose a Ukrainian City

Being the scientist that I am, I'm trying to find a logical way to rank travel locations in Ukraine.

I've been looking at mamba.ru and city population statistics to find the ratio of girls 18-23 looking for marriage.

Dnipropetrovsk 0.55
Lughansk is 0.52
Kharkov is 0.49
Kherson 0.40
Melitopol 0.33

...but, looking at the types of girls that come up is important too.
Although there are plenty of girls in Kharkov, they look much hotter in their photos. Are they really that much prettier? Probably not, its just that they have more money to spend on clothes, hairstyle, make-up, and better camera/photographer. A girl in a larger city will also have more men to compete against.

So, a city like Kherson might be better than Kharkov. Luhansk might be good too. Anyone know something about Lugansk?

Right now I'm chatting with a cute 18 yo in Kherson who is impressed by my travel experience. She says she's never been outside of Ukraine before.

So, a question to those with experience:
What is the best smaller city in Ukraine? How do you choose between them ?

A smaller city - Biggest Con - Lesser number of English speaker
Your game will be hindered by Linguistic barrier while you will keep on observing petty statistics.

Quote: (11-12-2011 10:24 AM)Ami5 Wrote:  

A smaller city - Biggest Con - Lesser number of English speaker
Your game will be hindered by Linguistic barrier while you will keep on observing petty statistics.

Not relevant. I speak Russian well.

There is no way of going around it, learning Russian is the best way to improve odds in the FSU.
In making my post, I assume someone has taken the time to study Russian for at least a year before attempting a trip.

Doesn't really matter where you go, all of the Ukraine is good IMO

Quote: (11-12-2011 01:57 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Yes, but some places are better.
In Kiev or Odessa, for example, some girls will completely avoid you if there is even a hint of you being a foreigner. Its considered low class to associate with foreigners for them. Girls have straight up told me: "I don't see any perspectives with a foreigner".

The region is key, IMO.

Actually for short trips then you are right about Odessa and Kiev, girls are easier than Lviv for example where I am.

Quote: (11-12-2011 02:07 PM)Spartan Wrote:  

Quote: (11-12-2011 01:57 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Yes, but some places are better.
In Kiev or Odessa, for example, some girls will completely avoid you if there is even a hint of you being a foreigner. Its considered low class to associate with foreigners for them. Girls have straight up told me: "I don't see any perspectives with a foreigner".

The region is key, IMO.

They have a point Spartan. Some more experienced girls in the scene proably can immediately extrapolate (you are the scientist, let's use some math jargon here [Image: smile.gif] ) what's gonna happen down the line.

My experience is that, the longer and deeper you have a connection with a girl, the longer long distance will continue, and then fizzle. I read somewhere that Lond Distance relationship is a myth [Image: smile.gif], I think it has a point, a big point.

However, if you have the time and money and passion, go for a city where you can at least balance this issue of losing out on some of your approaches due to this phenomenon. Pick a city where they have a bigger university student crowd (right season, when I was in Kiev in June, I caught the last week of Universty students and then they were gone), had no idea about this phenomenon [Image: smile.gif], or a lively night live.

1) Dnipro I hear has a great night live, can compete with Kiev.

2) Kharkiv University town?

3) Others based on this Uni / night life / season criteria [Image: smile.gif]

PS: I would love to hear your opinion on cold appraoch success of knowing proper russian (1 year of proper study) vs beginner / intermediate russian that is only helpful for survvial situations (B1 level in EU language standard)

I would stay away from Kiev and Odessa. Every other place should be golden...it's Ukraine guys!!!

I love Lviv, but I live here and have ingrained myself into the local society. If I was visiting Ukraine for the first time looking for a fast root, I would probably go for Kiev or Odessa.

Quote: (11-12-2011 03:58 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

I love Lviv, but I live here and have ingrained myself into the local society. If I was visiting Ukraine for the first time looking for a fast root, I would probably go for Kiev or Odessa.

I'm planning on moving there for a year. I've already been there, so its not my first time.

I am not looking for a fast root but marriage.

Dnipro seems like a good choice.
I'm focused on online, and day game, so how is it for that area?

To the question about language, its an interesting one. I studied 1 year at university, plus I am fluent in Polish(similar language), and I lived with a Ukrainian girl for a year and we spoke Russian with each other. Plus, I'm starting to study it again now and will keep on it for the year.
I guess it all depends on how much you want to fit in. More language knowledge is always better, but B1 ought to cut it for a basic convo.

Its Ukraine, but it still takes a lot of effort.

Well Lviv is considered the most livable city in the Ukraine. It's the most beautiful and has probably the lowest cost of living of any major city here.

It's also more conservative, you meet some very nice, sweet girls who are great marriage potential.

There are a few negatives though, the weather is pretty bad; I arrived here in June and it rained almost every day for more than a month. Nightlife is so so, there is no real bar culture, there are a handful of half decent bars but they are not conducive to mingling. The nightclubs are good for hooking up, they play mostly Western commercial pop-music which is a bit tiresome, but you can sometimes take a girl home the same night, especially if they are from outside of Lviv.

It's about time I got busy with a report!

For fast lays, yes, Kiev and Odessa are probably best. But...Ukraine is one of the very few places where lays don't seem to come quickly...for me anyway.

Personally, Kiev and Odessa seem spoiled with tons of semi-pros/pros, sex tourists, foreigner money, turks, and other capital city drawbacks....where as second tier cities like Kharkov is has been quite sheltered and are better for long term. More untouched.

Lviv is shorter distances to Western Euro Capitols as well, I think. But I guess there's more flights from Kiev.

The only mountains (recreation) I see on the map are South of Lviv as well.

I may be in Lviv soon, if you go to Western Europe, how do you travel?

Chernobyl seems to be at Southwest corner.

Quote: (11-12-2011 08:14 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

For fast lays, yes, Kiev and Odessa are probably best. But...Ukraine is one of the very few places where lays don't seem to come quickly...for me anyway.

Personally, Kiev and Odessa seem spoiled with tons of semi-pros/pros, sex tourists, foreigner money, turks, and other capital city drawbacks....where as second tier cities like Kharkov is has been quite sheltered and are better for long term. More untouched.

Exactly my point. But, Kharkov is still a big city and shares some of those drawbacks. I'd say its a 2nd tier city.

But what are the 3rd tier cities?

Quote: (11-12-2011 11:49 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Lviv is shorter distances to Western Euro Capitols as well, I think. But I guess there's more flights from Kiev.

The only mountains (recreation) I see on the map are South of Lviv as well.

I may be in Lviv soon, if you go to Western Europe, how do you travel?

Chernobyl seems to be at Southwest corner.

I usually take a coach/train to Krakow and fly from there to London. Or I fly from Lviv to Timisoara in Romania(nice party city), and then from there to Belgrade

There used to be direct flights from London to Lviv with Wizzair, but they stopped a while ago. The airport is under renovation at the moment(getting ready for Euro 2012), so there are only limited routes. Once completed more direct flights to European destinations.

Euro 2012 will change the city a lot, hope it doesn't become another Krakow.

Yes you have decent skiing here in winter, got our first snow here yesterday. The Carpathian mountain range is very beautiful. As for Chernobyl, no that's north of Kiev.

Anyone know something about Lugansk?

Yes, I live in lugansk, past four years, what do you want to know?

How long do you have spartan?
In smaller cities, better girls if you wish a relationship, they are more conservative but on the other hand you don't have a lot of competition there so you can get 8s or 9s.
In Kiev and Odessa more easy, though you might get only the less attractive (which is good anyhow).
There is also much things to do in day time in a city like Kiev than to get bored in Kherson waiting for the night.
So for short trip of up to a week I would stay stick to the big cities, if you have 3-4 weeks smaller one.

In any case, I would highly recommend a car, in the mamba.ru you will meet many girls from around the cities, this could be 25-50 miles distance and it looks like real gems there, girl which are unaware of their hotness.

Quote: (11-13-2011 09:26 AM)Marco Wrote:  

How long do you have spartan?
In smaller cities, better girls if you wish a relationship, they are more conservative but on the other hand you don't have a lot of competition there so you can get 8s or 9s.
In Kiev and Odessa more easy, though you might get only the less attractive (which is good anyhow).
There is also much things to do in day time in a city like Kiev than to get bored in Kherson waiting for the night.
So for short trip of up to a week I would stay stick to the big cities, if you have 3-4 weeks smaller one.

In any case, I would highly recommend a car, in the mamba.ru you will meet many girls from around the cities, this could be 25-50 miles distance and it looks like real gems there, girl which are unaware of their hotness.

Thanks for the good advice, I'll definitely look for a used car to buy in Ukraine.
I will be there for 1 year

Think I will touring around the country soon looking for the best cities in Eastern Ukraine to live. I love Vliv, and I am very successful here, but when these Eastern Ukrainians come to town, they make me so damn hot. Taller, darker, bustier, they drink and have more fun.

Drawn to Kharkiv at the moment, maybe Kherson or Odessa also

Quote: (01-13-2012 07:15 PM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Think I will touring around the country soon looking for the best cities in Eastern Ukraine to live. I love Vliv, and I am very successful here, but when these Eastern Ukrainians come to town, they make me so damn hot. Taller, darker, bustier, they drink and have more fun.

Drawn to Kharkiv at the moment, maybe Kherson or Odessa also

Are you Ukrainian?
What do you do there as a living?
Sounds like a nice spot apart from the weather!

No Pilgrim.

I do freelance sales/marketing, outsourcing, online retail etc. If you can earn $1500 a month here you can have a very comfortable life, English teachers here make about half that and they are doing alright. Average salary in my city is $200

Quote: (11-13-2011 02:45 AM)Spartan Wrote:  

Exactly my point. But, Kharkov is still a big city and shares some of those drawbacks. I'd say its a 2nd tier city.

ANy more thoughts on this? I gotta check out Ukraine for a week or 2. Still trying to get my head around the best city to stick to.

I have already given the criteria for choosing an Ukrainian city.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10474-...#pid161785

Basic rules are population over half a million(better more than one million),student cities,avoiding industrial areas like Donbass(Dnepropetrovsk,Donetsk,Zaporoziye),avoid Odessa,avoid resorts in Crimea.

Quote: (03-19-2012 05:30 PM)Greek kamaki Wrote:  

I have already given the criteria for choosing an Ukrainian city.

http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-10474-...#pid161785

Basic rules are population over half a million(better more than one million),student cities,avoiding industrial areas like Donbass(Dnepropetrovsk,Donetsk,Zaporoziye),avoid Odessa,avoid resorts in Crimea.
Good info Greek. Deb was saying that Lvov is harder than the east of Ukraine ie Kharkov, kiev. Does this ring true?

Quote: (11-13-2011 02:45 AM)Spartan Wrote:  

These cities are almost deserted.No need to go there.Except if you mean Poltava,Sumy,Lugansk or Mariupol which are interesting cities.
So the ladder(from best to worst) is:
1.Kiev.Only if you have money.
2.Lvov,Kharkov both very good.
3.Mariupol,Lugansk,Sumy,Poltava,Lutsk.Also good but very small relatively.
4.Crimea:Symferopol,Sevastopol.Russian population,quite good but not so good like 2 or 3.
5.Donbass(Dnepropetrovsk,Donetsk,Zaporoziye).To be avoided(spoiled girls there with scamming tendencies)
6.Odessa.To be avoided.Also many scammers.
7.Cities with less than 200000 inhabitants(Uzghorod,Cernivtsi,Ivanofraknivsk,Ternopil,Kamenec Podolski,Krivoj Rog,Kremenchug,Makeevka,Severodonetsk etc).Also to be avoided.Most population has left them chances are you lose your anonymity by day one the people are too few there in the centre.