rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Italian or French riviera

Hi,
I have a free weekend in the area and wondered where it would be best to hang it when the options are French or Italian riviera,
My criterias are nightlife, girls and overall fun vacation spot for singles (do not wish to be stucked in an area full of families with kids or elderly people)
My budget is mid-range.

Would be happy to get recommendations and if possible be specific on the locations,

Thanks!

I am in Sicily right now. It's quite nice.

Nightlife in Catania is busy 7 days per week because its a college town. Not a big town by any means but the chicks are smoking hot.

Downside is the unless you speak Italian your gaming options are going to be very limited.

Likewise with the French riviera. Even if the chick speaks English you will be regarded as nothing more than a stupid tourist if you don't speak French.

Quote: (06-18-2009 08:54 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Nightlife in Catania is busy 7 days per week because its a college town. Not a big town by any means but the chicks are smoking hot.

Downside is the unless you speak Italian your gaming options are going to be very limited.

Likewise with the French riviera. Even if the chick speaks English you will be regarded as nothing more than a stupid tourist if you don't speak French.

I'd learn Italian if I had to, but French is super annoying.

Quote: (06-18-2009 10:15 AM)elguapo Wrote:  

I'd learn Italian if I had to, but French is super annoying.

I speak both. I enjoy speaking Italian but, you are right, French is annoying sounding and I don't like speaking it.

Had to learn it because I got sent there for work for 4 months but I don't like it.

Probably the French Riviera. I've been to Italian Riviera and the towns were very beautiful, but there wasn't really any nightlife and society seemed very provincial. Probably not the type of place you're going to bang random local women. A place like Marseilles or Nice sounds more promising. I didn't find the nightlife in Italy to be that great.

little offtopic: my favorite language has always been spanish, but now the unthinkable has happened - i got addicted to brazilian portuguese.

Quote: (06-18-2009 11:57 AM)elguapo Wrote:  

little offtopic: my favorite language has always been spanish, but now the unthinkable has happened - i got addicted to brazilian portuguese.

Spanish won't set you a part in the USA, but Portuguese is still exotic.

I come from Cannes so I can only talk about the French Riviera (although I know a little bit the Italian side too). The best period in the year is during summer, there are a lot of tourists, a lot of girls coming from Russia, Eastern Europe, Sweden etc...
Regarding the nightlife, it depends on what you like I would recommend Monaco because you will see amazing girls and the price of some clubs is not that bad. Saint Tropez is the best place to go out and see beautiful girls but it's quite expensive (maybe around 15-20€ the drink, could be more) and your game will be related with how much money you have in your wallet.
"Nice" is a good city to go out too (the largest city with around 300K ppl) and you will find good spots with a lot of student life in the old part ("le vieux Nice") full of Pubs and english speaking girls, for me it's the best spot to practice your game.
Regarding the tourism, you can do a lot of things and visit a lot of small village/cities: Antibes / Juan Les pins / Mougins / Grasse / Saint Paul de Vence etc...
French Riviera is the second spot in term of tourism just after Paris and it's because it's the best place in summer in France. French girls are hot but this is a something everyone knows [Image: smile.gif]
I can give you more details like beaches to go, islands to visit, bars/clubs and so on if you are interested !

How are you studying?

I would suggest the French Riviera, mainly because it's French, and French girls, in my experience, are much more approachable.

I've been to the Italian Riviera, the Cinque Terre and some Italian French border town, and even though I had a lot of fun, unless you are planning on hooking up with another tourist such as yourself, you're most likely not going to have very many opportunities to hit on the locals or Italians in general.

The French Riviera on the other hand should be another story. It's famous around the world, so you will have the rich and the beautiful from around the world, and you'll have the good looking French girls who come down from Paris or wherever. Also, French girls, in my experience, are very approachable. Much more than Italian girls, who seem to be on guard a little bit.

Quote: (06-19-2009 02:50 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

How are you studying?

Just using Spanish as my base
-watching alot of tv (with subs)
-reading magazines, newspapers
-translate.google.com for every single word I don't understand

There're some key differences between Spanish and Port but if you anticipate them, you should be ok.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Differences...Portuguese

Great link, thanks.

I've been to Saint-Tropez, and I wouldn't recommend it for a 'fun' weekend unless you have a ton of disposable cash. I went with some friends, one of which has his own house on the beach, and even with accommodation covered I spent nearly $500 in four days. This place is EXPENSIVE, and getting into clubs is a huge chore unless you look like you're going to buy a table. Once inside, as a poster above indicated, expect to spend 15-20 euros for a cocktail.

jesus, that's pretty expensive compared to the Latin American life style.

Thanks to all of the recommendations!

Eventually I spent the weekend in Italian Riviera cause I didnt feel like driving too many hours for only 1 night, was really nice in terms of the beach, scenery, food, nice people, not expensive but as expected Italian girls are not easy at all and the majority there are Italians.

I actually come to the conclusion that Italy might be the hardest coutry to get a score which I've ever been (Over 30 countries visited) - more conservative, language barrier and hot Italian men as competition and alas... better get some good pasta.

Next time I will have weekend around I would definetly hit france, Nice sounds good. Julio you will be hearing from me before I go there [Image: smile.gif]

"I spent nearly $500 in four days"

That is best case scenario.

- MPM
http://www.thegmanifesto.com/

Croatia, maybe?

Quote: (07-09-2009 08:33 AM)Hangover Wrote:  

Croatia, maybe?

Too far to drive there, besides from post here I understand they are conservative

Quote: (06-18-2009 08:54 AM)Lumiere Wrote:  

hey chaps

im thinking about visiting catania for a 3-4 nights around sept 9-13. I have been there before and it was pumping: beaches, clubs, beautiful women to be seen everywhere. I speak the language fluently and have reasonable game. My only reservation is what it will be like given that holidays are technical over for italians.

Will clubs and beaches still be busy during this period? I'm well aware that italy does its holidaying in August, where the whole country comes to a grinding halt. And then resumes again in Sept.

Can anyone shed light on what its like in catania (or any other beach side places in sicily ie. taormina) during this period?

I have a italian passport and have been to italy about 7 times, but it's always been june, july or august. I never seem to be there during september, or any other months for that matter.

Thanks, look forward to some advice