rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Clothes maketh the man

Clothes maketh the man

Rolled out this last weekend in a very sharp suit and definitely had way better results.
Women were way more responsive to my approaches all over the place and i felt so much more confidence.
Got a girls number at the bar on friday after talking with her for 2 minutes,Went to dj a house party on saturday and had boyfriends sweating my presence while i smooth talked all their girls.
Met up with girl friday again later on the saturday night at a live hiphop gig and kissed her instantly as soon as she spotted me at the bar,but she left soon after saying she was tired after being with her friend in the emergency room most of the previous night(after i had met her).
To be fair she did look pretty tired.
She was very cutesy with texts all weekend and was trying to get me to meet up with her earlier on the saturday but i was busy djing the party.
Pretty sure i can take care of her next weekend no problem.
So in short,im 100% sure wearing a nice suit was a game changer.
Already cant wait for next weekend.

Clothes maketh the man

Definitely, you need to optimize your appearance and wear your clothes dont let your clothes wear you. Just this morning on my way home from a party/hookup I was wearing my suit from the night before, pinstripe deal with a pocket square and everything. I walked into starbucks and every girl there eyefucked me before I was able to even order my coffee.

I think the most beneficial part of optimizing your appearance is seeing others' reactions to you. When you walk into a place and girls are eyefucking you relentlessly you get an extra confidence boost and it shows.

Clothes maketh the man

Quote: (10-30-2011 01:20 PM)bez Wrote:  

A nice suit or anytime you color coordinate a nice shirt with a cool looking skinny tie. The tie should be the attention-grabbing piece of your entire wardrobe!

I have NEVER met a woman form any age, culture or creed that did not like a guy in a suit or wearing some sort of cool looking tie. Trust me, dress like this guy, and you'll get more (positive) attention from ladies that the steroid douche wearing an Ed Hardy T-shirt, and shades in a nightclub OR teh idiot who drives up in a Lambo (that he probably spent his whole check renting) seeking desperate attention ANYDAY!!!

** Not a boring office tie, I am talking a cool tie....

Every guy should try to imitate the style attached to some extent based on your skin tone, and swag. Typically, I do not wear suits, but dress similar to this guy in some form.

Mixx

Clothes maketh the man

Quote: (10-30-2011 03:48 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

Definitely, you need to optimize your appearance and wear your clothes dont let your clothes wear you. Just this morning on my way home from a party/hookup I was wearing my suit from the night before, pinstripe deal with a pocket square and everything. I walked into starbucks and every girl there eyefucked me before I was able to even order my coffee.

I think the most beneficial part of optimizing your appearance is seeing others' reactions to you. When you walk into a place and girls are eyefucking you relentlessly you get an extra confidence boost and it shows.

I hear that brother,i felt dirty after the eye-raping i received all weekend.....The attention was awesome.
Women were approaching me at bars.If i can just tone down the drinking a bit i know i will have even better results.

Quote: (10-30-2011 04:54 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (10-30-2011 01:20 PM)bez Wrote:  

A nice suit or anytime you color coordinate a nice shirt with a cool looking skinny tie. The tie should be the attention-grabbing piece of your entire wardrobe!

I have NEVER met a woman form any age, culture or creed that did not like a guy in a suit or wearing some sort of cool looking tie. Trust me, dress like this guy, and you'll get more (positive) attention from ladies that the steroid douche wearing an Ed Hardy T-shirt, and shades in a nightclub OR teh idiot who drives up in a Lambo (that he probably spent his whole check renting) seeking desperate attention ANYDAY!!!

** Not a boring office tie, I am talking a cool tie....

Every guy should try to imitate the style attached to some extent based on your skin tone, and swag. Typically, I do not wear suits, but dress similar to this guy in some form.

Mixx

Yes mixx,you are bang on the money here.
While i was lookin round the bars i was in i noticed even the other guys that were dressed quite sharp were still missing something to separate them from the t-shirt and jeans clones.....I was repping with a sweet tie and nice shoes and a somewhat elderly hat that worked perfectly with my suit.

One question though.
Until i get at least another suit or more jacket/tie combos can i get away with wearing the same suit with different shirts and ties every weekend?
I do frequent the same bars/clubs usually and i do not wanna look like i only have one outfit.....or should i just not give a shit and go with it mixing up ties and shirts?
I feel this particular suit is a bit formal and i would prefer something a bit more casual.

Clothes maketh the man

If you wear the right clothes u get chose with your mouth closed

Clothes maketh the man

Quote: (10-31-2011 12:38 AM)theIVth Wrote:  

Huh?

Clothes maketh the man

Quote: (10-31-2011 12:41 AM)bez Wrote:  

Huh?

SMH

Clothes maketh the man

I think hes trying to say that if you wear the right clothes girls will approach you.

Clothes maketh the man

Quote: (10-31-2011 01:42 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I think hes trying to say that if you wear the right clothes girls will approach you.

It's hard for beta's to understand alpha language. Classic beta mentality is to dress boring and conservative. They don't want to stand out. Yet they want the girls who stand out. Lmao!

Clothes maketh the man

Since we've got some fashion guys in this thread, what's your take on the pic Mixx posted, I dress pretty much same style myself but haven't gone loose tie usually a blazer or tight fitting dress shirt, vest maybe and i'll throw the tie on on occasion but haven't loose like that is the loose tie in or that just a good pic?

Clothes maketh the man

Quote: (10-31-2011 01:42 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I figured he meant this.....

Clothes maketh the man

Amen.

But take this game to another level. Dressing up for a night on the town is nothing special, because just like the chicks, you're just doing the obligatory put your best foot forward for a social setting.

I dress the way some people would dress to a club during the day time, as a result, I've been approached at gas stations, libraries, grocery stores, etc.

I don't really go out to clubs anymore unless it's a special occasion, because all of the women I'm chillin with right now, I met during everyday life, and I'm not talking about day game.

When you have people asking you shit like, "why are you dressed up?", pat yourself on the back.

Clothes maketh the man

Hmm. One area in which women ARE actually devastatingly predictable. They like a sharply dressed guy, almost always. The sharp suit combo is for women what the slinky black tube dress and heels is for guys. I personally have never been a fan of dressing up smart, but I have to say, WOW it makes a huge difference in ppl's perception of you! Not just women, either. Everybody will make a whole range of subconscious assumptions about you based on your clothes. Your wealth, your status, your importance, your reliability, your success, your intelligence, your background, your type of job, your personality, etc etc. Women are, in the mating scheme, looking for a man of substance, with value/credit/power behind him so he can take care of her and her four or five babies. Hence the turn on...
Important to get a suit that fits, perfectly. Take time over this. Don't do black. Black tux alone can work with jeans, etc. But for full suit, a blue/grey or lightish grey is best. Not discounting quirky greens or browns. Being a bit different is good! Ties are NOT essential IMO. Business is not necessary. Cool is. Open collar on a cool shirt IMO is way better. See what most other guys wear and DON'T do that. To find the best clothes you have to search. Great pair of unusual shoes and cool boots are also good. The only real jewellery item open to men is a watch, so make sure it's expensive looking/unusual if you wear one. In an ideal world none of this would matter. I'd like to think ppl could like you for who you are. They usually don't though. And it has to be said, if dressing up is really misrepresenting you then you are going to end up attracting people that are inappropriate for you, so stay true to yourself.
The advice on the photo posted above is good. The models on billboards are dressed as they are for the simple reason they ooze sex appeal for women. The more you look like one of them, the more appeal you will have. Simple really.

The http://www.fashionbeans.com website has some good advice on this.

Clothes maketh the man

This is what I wore for my B'day last week....as I said, girls love guys with a cool looking tie.

Mixx

Clothes maketh the man

Quote: (11-15-2011 01:57 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

This is what I wore for my B'day last week....as I said, girls love guys with a cool looking tie.

Mixx

I saw a couple of cats out on Friday night at a party with this combo on. The shirts were gingham check, with V-Neck sweaters and solid blue ties. It's tight and dressy, but still casual when you hook it up with khakis or nice jeans. You can go casual shoes or even sneakers with this, and it's still stylish.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Clothes maketh the man

Quote: (11-15-2011 03:00 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

I saw a couple of cats out on Friday night at a party with this combo on. The shirts were gingham check, with V-Neck sweaters and solid blue ties. It's tight and dressy, but still casual when you hook it up with khakis or nice jeans. You can go casual shoes or even sneakers with this, and it's still stylish.

Some dudes in the game have obviously started watching Gossip Girl, so I've changed my game up to continue standing out.

Clothes maketh the man

Just to pay proper respect to our forebears of the 1600's and earlier, it's "Clothes make", not "Clothes maketh". "Maketh" is essentially the same as "makes", namely a third-person singular form; so you wouldn't say "Clothes maketh", just as you wouldn't say "Clothes makes".

I'm not trying to be a prick about this; I'm just sayin'.

Clothes maketh the man

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little to no influence on society." - Mark Twain

Clothes maketh the man

Quote: (11-15-2011 07:39 PM)gds555 Wrote:  

Just to pay proper respect to our forebears of the 1600's and earlier, it's "Clothes make", not "Clothes maketh". "Maketh" is essentially the same as "makes", namely a third-person singular form; so you wouldn't say "Clothes maketh", just as you wouldn't say "Clothes makes".

I'm not trying to be a prick about this; I'm just sayin'.

Watch out, it's the grammar police. [Image: tard.gif]

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Clothes maketh the man

It's not just the chics either. I regularly get called sir by waiters and other dudes when I'm in a suit. I get better service.

Clothes maketh the man

Quote: (11-16-2011 12:59 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

Watch out, it's the grammar police. [Image: tard.gif]

I'm just trying to stick up for the English-speakers of the past, since they aren't around to stick up for themselves.

"Clothes maketh" is just too goofy-sounding.

Clothes maketh the man

anybody know how Marks & Spencer's suits are?

Clothes maketh the man

Jeans and t shirt never did me any harm

Clothes maketh the man

Quote: (11-16-2011 09:21 AM)bengalltigerr Wrote:  

anybody know how Marks & Spencer's suits are?

I've heard good things about the fit from friends. I've heard they're very good value.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Clothes maketh the man

Most men can't even wear a good fitting pair of jeans and t-shirts. It's nothing but cargo shorts, boring white/blue button ups with jeans, and plaid atrocities for casual wear in DC. I turn heads and get approached by women (and sometimes men) about my casual designer wear (G Star, Diesel, etc).