rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Best hangover cures

Best hangover cures

You know the drill,your in a heap from the night before.

your completely fucked.sticky,hungry,dehydrated,sore head etc.

besides water and some sort of greasy food,whats the special combo of food/liquid that works the best?

for a while ive been getting up drinking as much water as i can then hopping in a cold shower,making a very hot soup (lots of chillies etc)

the cold shower will pump fresh blood around the body and the soup will stimulate your mucous membranes which is good to get everything out. + eggs always goes well.

whats yours?

Best hangover cures

Pedialyte.

Don't have any caffeine because it will make the withdrawal symptoms worse.

Best hangover cures

Shake: milk, banana, whey protein, dash of honey and multivitamins.

Hangover is dehydratation so with that shake you replenish what you lost.

Best hangover cures

Try a Bloody Mary for hangovers. Any heavy drinker knows that combination of Celery and Tomato Juice kills hangovers instantly.

Here's a great article. See Step 8.

http://cocktails.about.com/od/healthsafe...r_rmdy.htm

Mixx

Best hangover cures

Quote: (10-27-2011 10:12 AM)alecks Wrote:  

You know the drill,your in a heap from the night before.

your completely fucked.sticky,hungry,dehydrated,sore head etc.

besides water and some sort of greasy food,whats the special combo of food/liquid that works the best?

for a while ive been getting up drinking as much water as i can then hopping in a cold shower,making a very hot soup (lots of chillies etc)

the cold shower will pump fresh blood around the body and the soup will stimulate your mucous membranes which is good to get everything out. + eggs always goes well.

whats yours?

go for 15 minute jog until you break a light sweat. you will want to kill yourself at first, but after 5 minutes, you immediately start feeling better. at 15 minutes you should have sweated most of your hangover out. replenish the water you've lost with coconut water. this is effectively an oil change.

Best hangover cures

Drink a beer.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Best hangover cures

Funny, I was just reading this article this morning:

"Hangover Thoughts: Fergus Henderson, Shaun Hill, Chris Hirst"

http://abergavennyfoodfestival.wordpress...-thoughts/

Fergus Henderson (one of my heroes) recommends:

If you follow simple rituals, things should not go too awry: a nip of Fernet Branca in the morning to fire the engines up (the head barman at the Savoy swore his longevity was a result of this morning nip). The symbiotic moment at 11 O’clock: Seed Cake & Madeira. The thrill of the aperitif before lunch: Campari and white wine. Red Burgundy for lunch. A little marc to aid digestion. A Dr Henderson to revive the spirits and re-focus you for supper. A glass of champagne – thank you – red Burgundy with dinner and finally a wee dram to help you sleep. This does not seem too wild a day’s consumption!

The hangover seems to appear when you temper with the rituals, too much too fast… I cannot say I’ve not been there.

Recipe for Dr Henderson from Fergus Henderson’s book Nose to Tail Eating –Bloomsbury 1999

Here is a cure for any overindulgence, taught to me by my wise father

2 parts Fernet Branca
1 part Crème de Menthe
Ice

Mix together and drink. Do not be put off by the colour.

Be careful, this is so effective you can find yourself turning to its miraculous powers with increasing regularity. Do not let the cure become the cause.

Best hangover cures

I usually take an aspirin before falling asleep. Works like a charm. As long as you don't drink heavily all the time and use aspirin therefore, it's fine.

Best hangover cures

Shameless self promotion

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Best hangover cures

I like to drink a lot of water when I'm drinking. It helps you stay hydrated, also a couple of aspirin before I go to bed helps also.

Best hangover cures

Smoking a bowl is the only silver bullet hangover cure I've found. If that's not an option, chugging 3 glasses of water and eating a big breakfast is the next best thing.

Best hangover cures

mix a tea spoon of baking soda with water, works for me.

Best hangover cures

Coconut juice. Only buy from the Asian markets - best brand is Kokoya. About 60 cents a can, less than half what it sells for in American stores. Terrific after workouts, too.

My life is an open bar...

Best hangover cures

I like the idea of a Bloody Mary Mixx..may have to try that this weekend!

As for me - go out for a light jog or if I'm up to the task hit the weights...this blows lots of the cobwebs off and leaves only a few remnants of the hangover.

Plenty of water and a cup of black coffee along the way.

Best hangover cures

Quote: (10-28-2011 12:05 AM)Openbar Wrote:  

Coconut juice. Only buy from the Asian markets - best brand is Kokoya. About 60 cents a can, less than half what it sells for in American stores. Terrific after workouts, too.

Here you go. The Japanese don't miss workdays, so they know whats up.

I've never heard of Kokoya, but I drink the big can of Goya at the end of every night. Pocari Sweat is really good too. I like that the next morning if I can't drink more to get out of a hangover, more than before I go to sleep. It's a little lemony tasting.

Smoking a joint is a really good thing too. I used o just smoke whatever, and don't really get into the different strains. However, this guy grows stuff called Great White Shark. I burned that this past Sunday morning and read the paper and had a Pocari Sweat, and felt great.

No matter what you should run or swim whenever you wake up no matter how bad you feel. Even if you're gonna just start drinking again you should do that first.

Aloha!

Best hangover cures

+1 on the coconut juice. It's like nature's gatorade.

In the states I'd chug a big can during hangovers. In Brazil I'd grab one after a workout.

Best hangover cures

I cosign the coconut water. Used to buy it by the case in Kuwait from a Filipino market. It's good to drink while your drinking to counteract the hangover, and another can the following morning. Mixes great with rum. Just don't drink too much though, as it'll give you the shits.

Best hangover cures

As a preventative measure, don't mix different types of alcohol. Learning that one the hard way right now, still haven't puked though!

Best hangover cures

Quote: (06-03-2012 07:05 AM)YoungGunner Wrote:  

As a preventative measure, don't mix different types of alcohol. Learning that one the hard way right now, still haven't puked though!

your just not going hard enuff

Redbull is good for a hangover, the caffine kills the headache an the B vitamins are good for the hangover to

I always try an eat ssomething an drink a gatorade before i pass out the night before if i have been drinking heavily... this pretty much cures the hangover before it starts

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Best hangover cures

I used to have a water cooler back home, that shit saved lives. Two big glasses before bed (and I'd bring one with me), one in the morning, and a shake, usually with whey, a banana, blueberries, peanut butter and 3.25% milk. If it persists, a 20 minute jog to the convenience store to grab an orange Gatorade followed by a hot shower.

Gotta look into the Coconut juice though.

EDIT: Also, I try not to smoke cigarettes within a few hours of waking up.

Best hangover cures

Valium. 10mgs will cure even the most brutal of my hangovers and i get VERY bad hangovers, not just the usual nausea, headache, dehydration stuff but the shakes, anxiety, feeling detached from reality etc.

Best hangover cures

I've tried all the above.

IMO the best is still alka seltzer. If I'm wasted at night and know I'm gonna be hurting in the morning, I set an alarm for 5 A.M. I get up, force myself to pound an alka seltzer, drink another glass on top of that, and sleep for a few more hours. Works like no other.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Best hangover cures

b12

Best hangover cures

Coccunt juice makes me puke. I can't handle the stuff after drinking.

Gatorade and b12 work the best for me. But its best to slam it back before bed while still drunk.

Best hangover cures

coconut juice, kine bud, and condomless sex