rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

smoking weed vs cigarettes health effects

been reading up on this but couldnt find any good studies. cigarettes obviously cause premature aging for most people but is it the tobacco or nicotine that causes skin to wrinkle and other negative effects or smoke itself?
i wanna know if weed would have the same effects

also wahts the healthiest way to smoke? i heard bongs and pipes are healthier than joints and blunts are the worst

Any kind of smoke will contain free radicals that age the skin and have other undesirable effects.

I've heard vaporizers are the 'cleanest' way to smoke, eg. http://magic-flight.com

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Any kind of smoke is bad for you, but I feel that cannabis is much healthier than cigarettes, but there are a variety of factors.

With both cigarettes and weed it's best to get a product that is natural/organic, the vast majority of both are grown with nasty chemicals and pesticides. I believe that "American Spirits" is the only brand that offers "organic" cigs and I find it to be questionable because it's not certified, and is manufactured by a major corporation.

Unless you live in a state with really good medical marijuana laws chances are you're just going to have to buy what ever herb is available, (unless you grow your own). If you're capable of getting a medical card and growing your own that is always the best option, otherwise hopefully you can at least purchase your medicine from a dispensary (if you live in the right state).

The healthiest way to "smoke" is to "vaporize" which isn't actually "smoke" and has extremely minimal harmful affects to the lungs. I'm not a fan of vaporizing because you are only receiving THC and not any other active chemicals, plus the flavor isn't as pure/pronounced.

The next healthiest way is to use a water-filtration piece, preferably made of glass, anything that gives you extra filtration is best. I use a "double bubbler" that has two chambers where the smoke passes through water. Also now there are "ash catchers" that go into a bong's "down tube" to provide you with double filtration.

Blunts are definitely the worst for your health. Joints aren't as bad, but not as healthy as a water-filtered glass piece. If you blaze joints go for organic hemp papers.

If you live in a place with good sun, you can use a magnafine glass to burn the herb instead of a lighter (flint/butane are nasty and bad for you). If I don't use a magnafire, I use a "hemp wick" which is organic hemp twine dipped in organic beeswax, I use that to light the weed.

Sounds ridiculous I'm sure, but it's the best way to smoke the best herb.