rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New year's week in the DR?

Guys,
I will have a free week for the last week in december and I was thinking of hitting some nice place. The Dominican Republic came to mind as a place that could have all I'd want for a week:
- nice beaches
- sexy chicas
- not far
- good weather
- decently priced.

Now, what I'm wondering and calling the DR pros for guidance, is is this a good week to travel to a place like the DR? Are there enough parties to make it fun or does the majority of girls just stay home with their family during that festive period?

I read the other thread on the DR going on right now and saw some good info/tips overall. For a first timer, with decent spanish, where would be the best to go for the new years week?

Gracias.

Im hitting there for new years too, im staying in santo domingo. The chicks should be around all year, i would just hit the usual places.

Ive worked about a year in the DR and I can recommend hitting Cabarete on New Years Eve. Its a beach town on the north coast close to Puerto Plata and lots of dominicans from all over the country come to Cabarete to party hard.
The whole beach (and its a large one) will be crowded, there will be free concerts from famous local acts and believe me, its the place where you want to be on New Years. Its the DRs biggest bochinche and youll have fun!

If you hit Cabarete on New Years and you def should, make sure to book something early, since the town will be packed and I repeat PACKED. Alternatively, you could book a room or something in Sosua and head to Cabarete by taxi, but be aware that there will be some heavy traffic and drunk driving...

They most popular spots in Cabarete are LAX and Onnos, but since they are all lined up on the beach, you cant miss em. My personal favourite is the Roccon, though. Its kinda secluded (you get there via a dirt road, close to the entrada to Playa Rincon) but damn, its the most awesome location ever. Imagine some big wooden huts on a cliff with direct access to the beach, pumping music and watching the sunrise with a hot dominican on New Years...damn, I miss those days!

Nice one boiboi, im hitting Cabarete for new years then...

You do that, Im sure you wont regret it. Just beware of the pros (wont be too hard).

Thanks guys for the feedback.
I was browsing the sites online for airfare and seems that it would be the same if not cheaper to book an all inclusive than just get an airfare. If I were to stay at a resort, how easy is it to get girls in my room? Do they allow locals to get in or do you have to bribe the guards? or just find another place to bring them to do them?

Thanks.

Quote: (10-19-2011 09:13 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

If I were to stay at a resort, how easy is it to get girls in my room? Do they allow locals to get in or do you have to bribe the guards? or just find another place to bring them to do them?

Every time I've stayed in all-inclusive resorts (although not in Dominican) I've found it unappealing to stray far outside.
If you stay in a large place (like 300, 400, 500+ rooms) there is enough talent already and you have all your drinks prepaid, while the other option of going out usually means taking a shuttle ($10+), going to some club with $10+ cover and $10+ drinks, and at 3am the girls you've been gaming line up for their own shuttle because if they miss it it's a $50+ cab ride to their hotel.
That's how it's been for me, maybe DR is different.

Quote: (10-19-2011 09:13 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Thanks guys for the feedback.
I was browsing the sites online for airfare and seems that it would be the same if not cheaper to book an all inclusive than just get an airfare. If I were to stay at a resort, how easy is it to get girls in my room? Do they allow locals to get in or do you have to bribe the guards? or just find another place to bring them to do them?

Thanks.

They do NOT allow locals to get in. Usually you have to have an armband on to prove you are from that resort and unless you bribe the guards (they were asking for 200 bucks for one day although you could probably shave it down), you will have to bang those lizards outside in a hotel or something.

I guess they want to protect the vacationers from things such as theft etc. You know a European or Canadian passport will go for big bucks out there.

I don't know if you speak good Spanish but maybe you could network with some of the guys on here and see if you could rent out an apartment for the week? The reason I mention speaking good Spanish is because the further you veer off from the tourist track, the less English is spoken and the more you will need to converse in the local dialogue.

That might be my option next time as well as beef up majorly on my Spanish.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Moma,
My spanish skills are I'd say good, I can understand pretty much 80% of it but when I speak it, it'd be more Portunhoal ( a mix of Portuguese and Spanish) so no issues on that end, unless they have their own dialects, in that case, I'd be lost pretty much.
Good suggestion about getting an apart.

Kman,
Good point about the extra expense of staying at a resort and going outside of it. To be honest, I don't really care about the gringas, I go there for local talent. So while staying at a resort would be the cheaper and easy/lazy option, if I were to go, I'd stick with an apart for more freedom to enjoy the local talent. I don't travel around the world to stay at resorts surrounded by the same old farts and fat people I see every day here in Boretown. LOL I go to see the local and meet local birds.

I currently live in Cabarete been here over 3 years and cosign with most of the advice that was given.

1. NEVER stay in an all inclusive if you plan or bringing girls back to your room, plus there is only one AI in cabaret the wyndham tangerine which is garbage the rest of the hotels are small boutique types and even some of them are pretty strict on "guest"

2. If you can't get a place in Cabarete you next bet is Sosua only 10-15 min taxi ride for $1 down the street, Puerto Plata is damn near 45min-1hour away so you will need a car, you can catch a taxi but you will to take 2 different ones and that is limited late nights.

3. Yeah LAX and Onno are cool but they are right next to each other on the beach so its a 10 second walk to the next one, the new spot is OJO which is owned by same people who own LAX but its strictly disco with 2 floors open thur,fri,sat. Bambu Bar between LAX and Onno is where all the pros hang out so FYI, unless ya looking for that then you know where to go.

4. In Cabarete spanish is not that important since alot of people (even dominicans) speak some english it helps but its not necessary to navigate the town.

Rent an apartment or apart-hotel if you can, alot more freedom as far as guest and so on..most of them aren't listed on internet so you will have to do some digging to find them.

If ya'll need any help finding a place, or any questions just send me an pm or something.

And fuck sto dgo they all come up here for new years..

In Cabarete I would recommend Agualina Kite resort. It is right on the beach, they have a small pool, good rooms with King beds and AC, and it is not a gated security place, so you can bring girls back. New years week will run you about $100 a night.

Great thing about nightlife there is that everything is right on the beach, and there are like 4 discos right next to each other. It's about a 10 minute ride from the hotel to the action.

Quote: (10-20-2011 06:34 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

I don't travel around the world to stay at resorts surrounded by the same old farts and fat people I see every day here in Boretown. LOL I go to see the local and meet local birds.

Good point, and may be valid for Dominican.
I live in Europe and the closest and most popular big all-inclusive resorts are in Turkey, Tunisia, and Egypt - there you can find people from pretty much every European country (incl. Russia!) and not just old farts but young partygoers too. So that makes it a good option to hook up, esp. since the local "talent" in these countries is often... questionable. Or kept under burka's.

I truly dont understand why some people prefer to stay in all inclusive resorts. When you fly to a country, you want to feel the local experience, an all inclusive resort wont let you feel all the cultural vibe from that particular place. Anyway people are different.

I'm in Santo Domingo right now. I haven't had the chance to travel that much but I've heard from several people that Samana has the most beautiful beaches, although I'm sure there are others as well as the whole country is "surrounded" by them. The weather can be somwhat unstable in the Caribbean during Christmas/New Year. I've heard the South coast is supposed to have more stable weather although I was here last December on the North coast and the weather was fine albeit not great.

Who all is in the DR this week? I'll be here throughout new years, in Sosua/Cabarete, message me if you want to get some beers or go out on the town

Quote: (12-25-2011 05:24 PM)johnwu Wrote:  

Who all is in the DR this week? I'll be here throughout new years, in Sosua/Cabarete, message me if you want to get some beers or go out on the town

WE will be flying in to SDQ, tomorrow, then we will be going to Sosua/Cabarete. If someone doesnt mind, we have some logistics type questions also. Lets grab a beer or five!!! It will be two of us from the states.

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."