rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Filming yourself as you speak and interact

I've taken to doing this lately. I will set a camera up and act like I am having a conversation, or speak on a topic like I am vlogging, although I stand back from the camera so that I get a full body shot of myself.

It has helped me pick up on a few awkward tendencies of mine that I have since rectified. I also realized that I need to lose weight, haha.

I'd highly recommend it to other beginners.

Quote: (10-15-2011 04:16 PM)Batata Wrote:  

I've taken to doing this lately. I will set a camera up and act like I am having a conversation, or speak on a topic like I am vlogging, although I stand back from the camera so that I get a full body shot of myself.

It has helped me pick up on a few awkward tendencies of mine that I have since rectified. I also realized that I need to lose weight, haha.

I'd highly recommend it to other beginners.

The BEST way to improve your game IMO.

This is the first thing I think any newbie should do. Buy a cheap camcorder, or use your iphone or whatever works....but it must be clear.

After this, buy clothes, the second easiest thing to do to improve your image.

Good idea guys.. Will put this to the test tonight and see what i'm doing wrong

I've taken to videotaping myself before I go out now. Video offers a much better way to look at yourself in the third person than a mirror.

Yes, this is a very powerful teaching tool!

Its really something to see and hear yourself on video. No other technique is quite so personal and hard hitting. Its one thing when someone else watches and critiques you. But to watch yourself is way more powerful.

Most high level athletes and public speakers use this training tool.