rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do you have a gaming "persona"?

Overall I'm a pretty introverted person but with girls I would describe myself as a confident nice guy. I just wish I could "merge" my more confident self (The way I act with girls I'm gaming) with my normal self.

I wouldn't say I'm completely different but I'm definitely more laid back/confident during a date/talking to a girl who shows interest compared to my normal self.

I even get more nervous/anxious during normal social interactions like networking events compared to a cold approach or a date.

Does anyone else feel like they have a gaming "persona"?

That's because most social interactions with men, networking events, business talks, etc. are fake. It's a ruse. An improvised script of bullshit tossed with a bit of deception. Everyone has up walls and no one can connect because everyone is lying to themselves and each other.

Best way to stop it is to take the lead and let people know they can be who they are around you without you judging them or expecting them to be someone they are not. Everyone has problems. And no one really knows what the hell is going on, we just pretend we do.

As far as the date thing and women, it's always going to be a little easier to let your guard down around women than it will be with other men. Biologically and subconsciously, other men appear to you as a threat and women do not. You will always have up walls. But with the passing years, those good relationships become trustful and that feeling of nervousness and tension will stop, because you no longer have to pretend and protect.

Quote: (Yesterday 10:15 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

That's because most social interactions with men, networking events, business talks, etc. are fake. It's a ruse. An improvised script of bullshit tossed with a bit of deception. Everyone has up walls and no one can connect because everyone is lying to themselves and each other.

Best way to stop it is to take the lead and let people know they can be who they are around you without you judging them or expecting them to be someone they are not. Everyone has problems. And no one really knows what the hell is going on, we just pretend we do.

As far as the date thing and women, it's always going to be a little easier to let your guard down around women than it will be with other men. Biologically and subconsciously, other men appear to you as a threat and women do not. You will always have up walls. But with the passing years, those good relationships become trustful and that feeling of nervousness and tension will stop, because you no longer have to pretend and protect.

The thing is, the same thing happens to me with women I talk to on a professional basis or to a lesser degree that I meet through friends.
I feel like when I meet people through social circle I'm put into a role faster. So I have to play the Friend of a friend, roommate, classmate, coworker,etc role.

Compared to when I cold approach, online game or just meet people traveling where I can be my true self without consequences.