rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Ways to deal with phases of frustration as a sane and aware man in a western country

Ways to deal with phases of frustration as a sane and aware man in a western country

I am living in the countryside close to Nantes, a big city in western France full of leftists and bobo (bourgeois bohème).
I am going there almost everyday.
Never liked the city even though I grew up there.
Can't really put words into this feeling but something always irritated me in this city and it's people.
Probably the qualities and values, or lack therefore, of most people living there, which are the polar opposite of mine.

Anyway most of the time I am in good spirit, thanks to God, and I can deal with it. Also knowing that I will soon leave helps. But for a few days now, I haven't been in a good spirit, melancholia setting in, irritation because of small things for no particular reasons.

And yesterday I went off. I was driving in town after evening mass. Some pedestriatians wanted to cross the road, I saw them at the last minute and couldn't stop. The guy punched my car.
I stopped immediately, got out of the car, walked to him shouting and insulting him. I was ready to smash the guy but I restrained myself because of the many witnesses and French people being the bitches they are will have taken my number plate and call the police.

I was so pissed, when face to face with him, I saw fear in his eyes. Two of his girlfriends put themselves in front of him and were defending him. He eventually apologized in a low and stuttering voice.
I went back to the car, some other older bitch starting yelling at me that I can't act like that, i told her to shut up, some other guy starting getting involved also.
I decided to drive away as it would have been pointless to keep arguing with those people.

Anyway, this story is just an example of lashing out due to frustration of living in a time and place that don't suit you.

So guys, do you have outburst of anger and emotions like that?

How do you deal with those periods of frustration when living in or close to one of those western cities full of SJW, leftists and degenerates?

Once when I was in Nantes, after leaving evening mass some idiot not paying attention to the road almost ran over me and my family. I was enraged, it was probably some dumb millianial texting and driving. Anger overtook me and I punched his car.

Hi ratio of Nantes car-punching in the thread. What does this mean?

Dr Johnson rumbles with the RawGod. And lives to regret it.

For one awareness of controversial opinions on the internet is clearly more important than awareness of running over people in the streets. If we all post red pill memes while driving in heavily populated areas we can both net converts on the internet while eliminating enemies in the streets. Maximum efficiency.

Quote: (05-12-2019 01:30 PM)Repo Wrote:  

Once when I was in Nantes, after leaving evening mass some idiot not paying attention to the road almost ran over me and my family. I was enraged, it was probably some dumb millianial texting and driving. Anger overtook me and I punched his car.

Useful answer, thanks for your contribution.

Quote: (05-12-2019 02:23 PM)Repo Wrote:  

For one awareness of controversial opinions on the internet is clearly more important than awareness of running over people in the streets. If we all post red pill memes while driving in heavily populated areas we can both net converts on the internet while eliminating enemies in the streets. Maximum efficiency.

Actually "saw them at the last minute" doesn't mean texting and driving and lack of awareness. I should have add "they showed up out of nowhere" as they were exiting a building right in front of the crosswalk.
It's Europe, sidewalks are tiny in some parts of town.

Anyway assomptions like you did in your first reply doesn't justify name calling.

Isn't wrath/anger one of the 7 deadly catholic sins? If so, pray and be aware of your frustrations rising. I like Jesus' example of "father forgive them for they know not what they do".

You do not have to deliver wrath and judgement on people who are morons. They will reap their own harvest, God will see to it.

Last, if you are a Christian, you have to remember that this world is not for you and by taking up the cross you will be persecuted and frustrated. Expect it to happen and you won't be so angered when trouble crosses your path and can be thankful when the Lord clears it for you.

Why do the heathen rage and the people imagine a vain thing? Psalm 2:1 KJV

Quote: (05-12-2019 02:50 PM)Deusleveult Wrote:  

Quote: (05-12-2019 02:23 PM)Repo Wrote:  

Actually "saw them at the last minute" doesn't mean texting and driving and lack of awareness. I should have add "they showed up out of nowhere" as they were exiting a building right in front of the crosswalk.
It's Europe, sidewalks are tiny in some parts of town.

Anyway assomptions like you did in your first reply doesn't justify name calling.

Well I was driving my car with my friend and there was a group of ten guys standing in the midlle of the road (4 am). I stopped in front of them and calmly waited for them to let me pass. While I was driving past them, one of the guys punched in my car.
So I got out of the car, knocked him out, got back to car and without any word continuted.

I believe the guy isn´t going to punch any car next time.

To make some general conclusion: Whole western society needs to get punched to the face to wake up. I disrecpect the most of the people, because they are scumbags.

"Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

Let's see, one of more people almost died, but because your car got punched somehow you are the victim here, and you are now trying to tie that into SJWs and degenerates. You need to rethink what is really important in life.

Quote: (05-12-2019 02:56 PM)Dr. Howard Wrote:  

Isn't wrath/anger one of the 7 deadly catholic sins? If so, pray and be aware of your frustrations rising. I like Jesus' example of "father forgive them for they know not what they do".

You do not have to deliver wrath and judgement on people who are morons. They will reap their own harvest, God will see to it.

Last, if you are a Christian, you have to remember that this world is not for you and by taking up the cross you will be persecuted and frustrated. Expect it to happen and you won't be so angered when trouble crosses your path and can be thankful when the Lord clears it for you.

Yes exactly, I was ashamed of myself after that.

And your part on taking the cross is spot on.

Thanks for the mindful words.

It is important to understand that when Christians talk about spiritual issues - Pride, Envy, Effeminacy - they mean distinctly different things than what they typically mean. They're borrowing words from the mundane world to define things of the spiritual world. Briefly:

Pride: "I'm proud of fixing my car!" Good.
Pride: "The world will obey the rules I create!" Bad.

Envy: "He's got a great car - I should buy one." Good.
Envy: "He's got a great car. I'm going to set it on fire, because I hate him." Bad.

Effeminacy: "Look at me, I'm a dandy!" Eh... tolerable.
Effeminacy: "I'm going to seek after comfort, be fat, and play video games." Bad.

Now in the case of wrath - what is the line that turns anger (suffering harm + wanting justice) into the spiritual vice of wrath? This one isn't as clear as the others, but I did find this quote from Thomas Acquinas which sheds some light on it:

Quote:Quote:

Reply to Objection 3. It is unlawful to desire vengeance considered as evil to the man who is to be punished, but it is praiseworthy to desire vengeance as a corrective of vice and for the good of justice; and to this the sensitive appetite can tend, in so far as it is moved thereto by the reason: and when revenge is taken in accordance with the order of judgment, it is God's work, since he who has power to punish "is God's minister," as stated in Romans 13:4.

Here's the core question: do you desire vengeance for the man's good? Or do you desire vengeance for the man's evil? From what you've said (I wasn't there) the guy was acting like a weenie, while writing cheques with his mouth that his ass couldn't cash; he even had to hide behind a couple of women. Basic law of humanity: if you can't back up an aggressive action don't be aggressive. This applies to women, children, and weak men. They need to seek redress of their grievances civilly (this is why men built civil society in the first place).

So was the vengeful desire of your anger to put him in his place? Inform him that he'd stepped out of line? That would be just (though an over-reaction). Or was your desire to humiliate and castrate him in front of his woman? That would be wrath (and yes, you'll find a little bit of this - the demon will always whisper this in your ear when you're feeling anger - but it's your actions that count).

I can't know the state of your soul, but it sounds like you were feeling anger, not wrath. Furthermore, I would point out to the other posters that the purpose of this tread is "How do I not allow myself to feel despondent over civilizational decline, because feeling that way makes me more prone to outbursts of anger?" In other words, Deusleveult is repenting of his actions, and trying to determine a way to avoid them in the future. Show some charity.

EDIT: I want to emphasize something: feeling anger is not anti-Christian; proportionate anger is GOOD. Don't renounce anger and embrace pacifism - it's only wrath that you must avoid.

Quote: (05-12-2019 03:33 PM)Repo Wrote:  

Let's see, one of more people almost died, but because your car got punched somehow you are the victim here, and you are now trying to tie that into SJWs and degenerates. You need to rethink what is really important in life.

Assumptions again as you were not there and didn't see the scene. Nobody "almost died". Just a guy pissed that someone didn't stop to let him cross when he wanted. That doesn't give him the right to punch my car, hence my anger.

But you are right on one thing, I shouldn't have acted like that, there are more important things in life like you said.

That was the whole point of my thread and you missed it : how do you deal with periods of frustration in your life, where you are most prone to act compulsively and regret it like I did in my example, to prevent exactly those kinds of foolish acts.

If you have an answer for that, you are welcome to give it.

Quote: (05-12-2019 03:49 PM)Aurini Wrote:  

It is important to understand that when Christians talk about spiritual issues - Pride, Envy, Effeminacy - they mean distinctly different things than what they typically mean. They're borrowing words from the mundane world to define things of the spiritual world. Briefly:

Pride: "I'm proud of fixing my car!" Good.
Pride: "The world will obey the rules I create!" Bad.

Envy: "He's got a great car - I should buy one." Good.
Envy: "He's got a great car. I'm going to set it on fire, because I hate him." Bad.

Effeminacy: "Look at me, I'm a dandy!" Eh... tolerable.
Effeminacy: "I'm going to seek after comfort, be fat, and play video games." Bad.

Now in the case of wrath - what is the line that turns anger (suffering harm + wanting justice) into the spiritual vice of wrath? This one isn't as clear as the others, but I did find this quote from Thomas Acquinas which sheds some light on it:

Quote:Quote:

Reply to Objection 3. It is unlawful to desire vengeance considered as evil to the man who is to be punished, but it is praiseworthy to desire vengeance as a corrective of vice and for the good of justice; and to this the sensitive appetite can tend, in so far as it is moved thereto by the reason: and when revenge is taken in accordance with the order of judgment, it is God's work, since he who has power to punish "is God's minister," as stated in Romans 13:4.

Here's the core question: do you desire vengeance for the man's good? Or do you desire vengeance for the man's evil? From what you've said (I wasn't there) the guy was acting like a weenie, while writing cheques with his mouth that his ass couldn't cash; he even had to hide behind a couple of women. Basic law of humanity: if you can't back up an aggressive action don't be aggressive. This applies to women, children, and weak men. They need to seek redress of their grievances civilly (this is why men built civil society in the first place).

So was the vengeful desire of your anger to put him in his place? Inform him that he'd stepped out of line? That would be just (though an over-reaction). Or was your desire to humiliate and castrate him in front of his woman? That would be wrath (and yes, you'll find a little bit of this - the demon will always whisper this in your ear when you're feeling anger - but it's your actions that count).

I can't know the state of your soul, but it sounds like you were feeling anger, not wrath. Furthermore, I would point out to the other posters that the purpose of this tread is "How do I not allow myself to feel despondent over civilizational decline, because feeling that way makes me more prone to outbursts of anger?" In other words, Deusleveult is repenting of his actions, and trying to determine a way to avoid them in the future. Show some charity.

EDIT: I want to emphasize something: feeling anger is not anti-Christian; proportionate anger is GOOD. Don't renounce anger and embrace pacifism - it's only wrath that you must avoid.

Obviously english is not my first language so it is nice to see a better use of word (the sentence in bold) to describe my thought.

About your edit, I don't repent for confronting the guy about what I considered an unnecessary act, but I feel ashame about letting my frustrations and emotions take the better of me.

Quote: (05-12-2019 04:10 PM)Deusleveult Wrote:  

Obviously english is not my first language so it is nice to see a better use of word (the sentence in bold) to describe my thought.

About your edit, I don't repent for confronting the guy about what I considered an unnecessary act, but I feel ashame about letting my frustrations and emotions take the better of me.

I myself had a recent outburst of anger. What shamed me was not the outburst itself - I was prodded to the point of anger by a person intentionally - but allowing myself into a situation where I'd be around somebody who was planning to do such a thing. I allowed myself to get played, by somebody else's dynamic.

Most people will only look at the action, and then call the action bad. What we should be looking at is what series of choices led up to the point where such an action became rational.

Quote: (05-12-2019 12:39 PM)Deusleveult Wrote:  

I am living in the countryside close to Nantes [. . .] Never liked the city even though I grew up there [. . .] I will soon leave

Glad to hear your living situation isn't "perma-Nantes".

By the way, could you say "Bonjour" to Cécile Desnoyers for me if she's still living there? She was cute, and definitely destined to be DTF.

Heard it said that the inclination for even low-level 'road-rage' is due to more immediate / animalistic reactions of our brains / behaviour.
You're reacting to traffic as much as anything else. It's not too far from fight or flight behaviours.
Hence the more reactive nature as a result.

If you had time to ponder moments in traffic or see things through, you'd tend to be more calm.
Yet when you have mere seconds (if that) to change lanes or make safe turns, your mental processes are heightened & as such, so are any reactions.

At least that is what I like to tell myself when I start swearing rabidly at the other retards in traffic... [Image: Upside-smile.png]

This is why I run over people.

Last time I was driving near some bars when drunk people got on the middle of the road like "fuck you we are drunk we don't give a shit".
Whenever I saw them I hit the gas and they sober up really quick.

One day I may kill someone but that's why my Ferrari's color is red. I'm ready for everything.

As the culture in the west loses its spirituality, you have to increase your connection with God.

Quote: (05-12-2019 08:41 PM)Rorogue Wrote:  

As the culture in the west loses its spirituality, you have to increase your connection with God.

This. It's detachment. And God makes it easy if you are replacing worldly issues with Him instead.

If my buttons get pushed and I'm about to go off I bang out some pushups. I'll go outside wherever I'm at and do them on the sidewalk. Happens a few times a week (Massachusetts can be rough in terms of BS)

I'm unemployed right now (living off a couple small side hustles as of late) but when I have a job I don't like I have to do push-up breaks almost every day.

Read Stoicism, especially Marcus Aurelius. He was Emperor of Rome but encouraged himself to put up with rude, obnoxious, and arrogant people. It's pretty amazing. He had the power to kill anyone but intentionally put up with assholes as a spiritual exercise. If he can do it, so can we. I personally have conditioned myself to never get angry or ever show anger in public. I can stop myself before the thoughts arise. This is easier than you think. You have to implant the suggestion and then practice it. The mind is an amazing thing and will really start working for you when you do the right programming. However, when it comes to action, I will do whatever is logical in the moment, including violence, if it necessary. But I won't be angry. In your situation, I probably would have taken it as a Marcus opportunity for self control and done nothing.

This is an inspirational lecture on Marcus Aurelius that will help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5897dMWJiSM&t=1461s

Rico... Sauve....

I am living in the countryside close to Nantes, a big city in western France full of leftists and bobo (bourgeois bohème).
Can't really put words into this feeling but something always irritated me in this city and it's people.
Probably the qualities and values, or lack therefore, of most people living there, which are the polar opposite of mine.

Anyway most of the time I am in good spirit, thanks to God, and I can deal with it. Also knowing that I will soon leave helps. But for a few days now, I haven't been in a good spirit, melancholia setting in, irritation because of small things for no particular reasons.

And yesterday I went off. I was driving in town after evening mass. Some pedestriatians wanted to cross the road, I saw them at the last minute and couldn't stop. The guy punched my car.
I stopped immediately, got out of the car, walked to him shouting and insulting him. I was ready to smash the guy but I restrained myself because of the many witnesses and French people being the bitches they are will have taken my number plate and call the police.

I was so pissed, when face to face with him, I saw fear in his eyes. Two of his girlfriends put themselves in front of him and were defending him. He eventually apologized in a low and stuttering voice.
I went back to the car, some other older bitch starting yelling at me that I can't act like that, i told her to shut up, some other guy starting getting involved also.
I decided to drive away as it would have been pointless to keep arguing with those people.

Anyway, this story is just an example of lashing out due to frustration of living in a time and place that don't suit you.

How do you deal with those periods of frustration when living in or close to one of those western cities full of SJW, leftists and degenerates?

I don't have those bout of frustration. How old are you?

If the place you live doesn't suit you, leave. Or stay and find like minded friends/associates.

While traffic laws vary from city to city and country to country, being upset at the city doesn't give you the license to nearly run people over. That man who you almost hit, isn't the source of your anger. He punched your car? Oh no! Is he the Incredible Hulk? That punch hurt his fist more than your car, haha. Stop projecting your feelings onto other people like a moody bitch on her period, learn some state control, and find an area that more your style.

Then again, based on your overly emotional, feminine outburst in that situation, I think you fit in perfectly in that town, if you know what I mean.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Quote: (05-13-2019 08:02 AM)Goldin Boy Wrote:  

I don't have those bout of frustration. How old are you?

If the place you live doesn't suit you, leave. Or stay and find like minded friends/associates.

While traffic laws vary from city to city and country to country, being upset at the city doesn't give you the license to nearly run people over. That man who you almost hit, isn't the source of your anger. He punched your car? Oh no! Is he the Incredible Hulk? That punch hurt his fist more than your car, haha. Stop projecting your feelings onto other people like a moody bitch on her period, learn some state control, and find an area that more your style.

Then again, based on your overly emotional, feminine outburst in that situation, I think you fit in perfectly in that town, if you know what I mean.

You don't have bouts of frustration, you got your life together and always keep control, good for you. We are not all fortunate enough to be in that position yet, that's why most of us came to this forum.

And remind me the purpose of this forum again? Isn't it about helping fellow like-minded men, giving them guidance and advice instead of insulting and belittling them?

Guys like Dr.Howard, Aurini and Sherman are giving sound and thoughtful advice and they are also detached from the story.

But guys like you and Repo are being personal and emotional in your responses with insults and judgment. That shows me that, contrary to what you say, you are not much more in control than myself in certain situations that triggers you.

[quote='Deusleveult' pid='1979000' dateline='1557777119'

You don't have bouts of frustration, you got your life together and always keep control, good for you. We are not all fortunate enough to be in that position yet, that's why most of us came to this forum.

And remind me the purpose of this forum again? Isn't it about helping fellow like-minded men, giving them guidance and advice instead of insulting and belittling them?

Guys like Dr.Howard, Aurini and Sherman are giving sound and thoughtful advice and they are also detached from the story.

But guys like you and Repo are being personal and emotional in your responses with insults and judgment. That shows me that, contrary to what you say, you are not much more in control than myself in certain situations that triggers you.
[/quote]

I gave you advice. I said if you're so frustrated with where you live and the people there, leave. You can't change society but you can change yourself, your perception, and your station in life. Life is too short to be in place that makes you feel miserable/angry all the time. That may not be the advice you want to hear but it's the simplest solution to your problem.

So if your definition of being abusive isn't patting you on the back and telling you that you're right, then I guess I'm abusive. But just like your reaction to the pedestrian that's another defensive, feminine response probably stemming from a weak mental frame/insecurity which is a recurring theme in your posts.

I critiqued your actions, not you. You overreacted, you said that you didn't notice the pedestrian and almost hit them which is your fault not his. So you were inattentive, almost hit someone, and in your mind he had no right to remotely angry. You're projecting your anger toward society onto this one soyboy.

If disagree with my assessment that much, if you're so triggered by my opinion which you disagree with, then put me on ignore or hit the report button so you're feeling won't be hurt anymore, snowflake.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.