rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to show irritation and being angry? How to say no? How to speak your mind?

So this is a big problem.

Sometimes, and rightfully so, I get a flash of irritation or feel angry, but then it goes away before I can express it. And I just kind of agree or stay silent.

The results from testing testosterone levels where:
4.02 ng / ml where the normal range is 0.470 - 9.860 ng / ml.

I am lifting every other day to increase testosterone since it has to do with aggression. About to start doing it 5 days / week.

Other than increasing testosterone what can be done?

Don't just check testosterone. There are so many things that go into testosterone levels and the mindset you put out into the world.

How is your sleep?

I recently found out I had sleep apnea and took some measures to fix it. I used to sleep 8 hours and wake up multiple times and feel like shit the next day. Now I sleep at least 7 hours straight through and feel great.

Get your Vitamin D levels checked out. Not sure where you live or what you do but if you're a desk jockey you should be trying to get in at least 8000 IUs or Vit D daily.

Check out your thyroid levels.

People with slow metabolisms feel like shit, look like shit and aren't aggressive in my experience. As a dude who has had hypothyroid issues in the past, get this shit checked out.
Are you getting enough iodine in your diet? Put some salt on your food and stop crying about blood pressure.

What's your diet like?

Want to feel like a fiery, choleric king? Then you need to eat like one. Fatty fish, high-quality beef/bison, steak, lamb, goat, and pork should be your go-to's. I don't want to hear any shit about red meat being bad. Chicken is for peasants and makes you feel like a peasant.

You don't need to ball out on steak to have a good diet full of meat that feeds your brain with awesome proteins. Work with whatever budget you have, but stick to beef, lamb, fish or pork. You can do chicken or turkey if you need to but go big if you can.

Go for walks (10 minutes at a brisk pace) after meals. This will get you fired up.

Are you fucking chicks who fit your standards or are you dumpster diving?

I am slowly learning that a lot of your mindset begins in your body. The better you treat your body with quality food, clothes, sex, and exercise, the better you feel and the more powerful you are.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Never feel guilty about the way you feel about something. That is a kind of ownership it can be hard to break free from. When I was much younger, I would feel bad about this or that because it wasn't the normal was of thinking or feeling about something. This guilt didn't happen often but it happened enough to make me question my moral compass. It wasn't until I realized that I was a man that could decide for myself what was right and what was wrong, and what and who I should care about that I fully embraced my nature. When that happened, it was much easier to say no or tell someone how I felt. That was vague, I know. But we all have different things we feel guilty about or think we need to feel guilty about. When I realized I didn't need to feel bad because I didn't want to nor have the capacity to feel deeply about (hell to care about) strangers, acquaintances, and even some extended family that I rarely saw, that was a great moment. Since I've had a family of my own, that power had only enhanced itself.

Why is anger going away a bad thing?

[Image: 874b07084b114f0110b7875043f7ea55.jpg]

Quote: (04-18-2019 11:19 AM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

Why is anger going away a bad thing?

Sometimes you need it to give you strength and make the other person respect youu. Surely you agree that we need to express anger sometimes?

To answer the question:

The most important adverb to apply is “calmly”. It has to be immediately apparent that you control your anger far more than it controls you and that fear isn’t influencing your behavior. This both conveys a subtext that you’re acting from a position of confidence and power. That is extremely important because exhibiting impotent rage will accomplish nothing. Anger only matters when it’s both coming from someone that people respect and they know that there are real consequences associated with not addressing the cause of that anger.

If you can’t actually back up that anger hold it and use that anger as fuel for your efforts else where.

I follow the philosophy of the Stoics who advocate eliminating anger 100 percent. This is in contrast to Aristotle who thought some anger was useful. When you think of it, anger is useless. You don't need it to take forceful action, and it usually gets in the way. The angry boxer loses the fight. It clouds your judgment, makes you look weak or ridiculous, and it feels crappy. We only have it because the rage circuits of the more ancient parts of our brain evolved from the lower animals. We have the ability to be aware of rage consciously (unlike the animals) but have little control over it once it activates due to limited connections between the lower and higher parts of the brain. Because of the design defect, it will always screw you up.

I recommend reading Seneca's essay "On Anger".

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Of_Anger/Book_I

In Section III, Seneca explains the differences of anger in animals and humans, and explains why it is not a problem for animals, but a big problems for humans.

"Anger has nothing useful in itself, and does not rouse up the mind to warlike deeds: for a virtue, being self-sufficient, never needs the assistance of a vice".

- Seneca

Rico... Sauve....

Quote: (04-18-2019 09:58 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Don't just check testosterone. There are so many things that go into testosterone levels and the mindset you put out into the world.

How is your sleep?

I recently found out I had sleep apnea and took some measures to fix it. I used to sleep 8 hours and wake up multiple times and feel like shit the next day. Now I sleep at least 7 hours straight through and feel great.

Get your Vitamin D levels checked out. Not sure where you live or what you do but if you're a desk jockey you should be trying to get in at least 8000 IUs or Vit D daily.

Check out your thyroid levels.

People with slow metabolisms feel like shit, look like shit and aren't aggressive in my experience. As a dude who has had hypothyroid issues in the past, get this shit checked out.
Are you getting enough iodine in your diet? Put some salt on your food and stop crying about blood pressure.

What's your diet like?

Want to feel like a fiery, choleric king? Then you need to eat like one. Fatty fish, high-quality beef/bison, steak, lamb, goat, and pork should be your go-to's. I don't want to hear any shit about red meat being bad. Chicken is for peasants and makes you feel like a peasant.

You don't need to ball out on steak to have a good diet full of meat that feeds your brain with awesome proteins. Work with whatever budget you have, but stick to beef, lamb, fish or pork. You can do chicken or turkey if you need to but go big if you can.

Go for walks (10 minutes at a brisk pace) after meals. This will get you fired up.

Are you fucking chicks who fit your standards or are you dumpster diving?

I am slowly learning that a lot of your mindset begins in your body. The better you treat your body with quality food, clothes, sex, and exercise, the better you feel and the more powerful you are.

Thank you for your reply.

I take vitamin D pills daily.

My sleep was at 8 hours for three weeks but then it has been 12 hours + for the last 5 consecutive days due to depression.

This is my typical diet, a meal plan my personal trainer made for me. I have modified it bit. Out of laziness I eat the same for lunch and dinner:

Monday
Breakfast: 4 eggs fried in coconut oil
Lunch: Mince rissoles, served with vegetables and salsa sauce, with riceberry rice
Dinner: Mince rissoles, served with vegetables and salsa sauce, with riceberry rice

Tuesday
Lunch: Salmon with riceberry rice and vegetables
Dinner: Salmon with riceberry rice and vegetables

Wednesday
Lunch: Chicken or stake (baby spinach, tomato, avocado, red capsicum) with riceberry rice
Dinner: Chicken or stake (baby spinach, tomato, avocado, red capsicum) with riceberry rice

Thursday
Lunch: Steak and veggies with riceberry rice
Dinner: Steak and veggies with riceberry rice

Friday
Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs.
Lunch: Pork chops with vegetables with riceberry rice
Dinner: Pork chops with vegetables with riceberry rice

Saturday
Breakfast: Bacon and eggs
Lunch: Meatballs with vegetables with riceberry rice
Dinner: Meatballs with vegetables with riceberry rice

Sunday
Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs.
Lunch: Stir fried chicken with veges with riceberry rice
Dinner: Stir fried chicken with veges with riceberry rice

Between lunch and dinner I eat 2 fruits. Typically bananas. For evening snack I eat greek yoghurt with blueberries and strawberries. I add sunflower seed, walnuts, almond and oatmeal.

For vegetables I have red capsicum, tomatoes, baby spinach, meadow mushroom and salad.

Regarding chicks I take whatever I can get except if they are too fat.

Quote: (04-18-2019 11:12 AM)trickster Wrote:  

Never feel guilty about the way you feel about something. That is a kind of ownership it can be hard to break free from. When I was much younger, I would feel bad about this or that because it wasn't the normal was of thinking or feeling about something. This guilt didn't happen often but it happened enough to make me question my moral compass. It wasn't until I realized that I was a man that could decide for myself what was right and what was wrong, and what and who I should care about that I fully embraced my nature. When that happened, it was much easier to say no or tell someone how I felt. That was vague, I know. But we all have different things we feel guilty about or think we need to feel guilty about. When I realized I didn't need to feel bad because I didn't want to nor have the capacity to feel deeply about (hell to care about) strangers, acquaintances, and even some extended family that I rarely saw, that was a great moment. Since I've had a family of my own, that power had only enhanced itself.

Yes, this is so true and what I know in my hearts of heart.

Quote: (04-21-2019 02:10 AM)Sherman Wrote:  

I follow the philosophy of the Stoics who advocate eliminating anger 100 percent. This is in contrast to Aristotle who thought some anger was useful. When you think of it, anger is useless. You don't need it to take forceful action, and it usually gets in the way. The angry boxer loses the fight. It clouds your judgment, makes you look weak or ridiculous, and it feels crappy. We only have it because the rage circuits of the more ancient parts of our brain evolved from the lower animals. We have the ability to be aware of rage consciously (unlike the animals) but have little control over it once it activates due to limited connections between the lower and higher parts of the brain. Because of the design defect, it will always screw you up.

I recommend reading Seneca's essay "On Anger".

https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Of_Anger/Book_I

In Section III, Seneca explains the differences of anger in animals and humans, and explains why it is not a problem for animals, but a big problems for humans.

"Anger has nothing useful in itself, and does not rouse up the mind to warlike deeds: for a virtue, being self-sufficient, never needs the assistance of a vice".

- Seneca

Sometimes you have to show aggression or be railroaded. What about police when they use aggression against protestors? Should they just be all tranquil about it.

Controlling your anger furthers you from the animal realm, so it's actually a positive trait.

Anyway, you just gotta practice being aggressive. Think of it as aggressive anxiety and you're overcoming it.

Again, you're in a good situation since your anger will never control you (ex. getting angry at a cop and punching him in the face).