rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Worth It Living Abroad And Working Remotely?

Hey Guys,

I currently live in Tampa, Florida and do real estate and make a decent amount of money. I live close to the action and have tons of colleges around with good nightlife, weather, and a nice sized city. I am debating on if it is worth giving up this right now to live abroad in like Medellin, Mexico City, or any other Latin American country for cheap. I would have to find online work and obviously take a huge pay cut to do so as opposed to me staying in Tampa and doing more real estate. I didn't know for those who are from the states and have business set up here if they made the jump to living to a third world country and changing there career and so far if it has been worth it or not. I want to make the most of my life and trying to give advice from others thank you.

For you, no. The main benefit of moving to a cheap company is to be able to take your income and leverage it much further when it's converted into a weak currency but if you're throwing away a good life and a good income to move abroad with no means of making money then it's not wise. Just go on trips to these places, have fun without worrying about work and money, then go home to your work. Alternatively, start to build up an online income from home and when you think it could be sufficient for your wants and needs if you dedicate your full time to it, make the jump.

Have you travelled to these places you want to live?

Maybe if you want to slum it, or not live like a king. I think maybe the conversations with natives get awkward too, when they try to figure out how you're getting your income.

Take it on a case by case basis. Plenty of Americans I've talked to like stable places like Panama and Costa Rica, even Belieze.

Definitely check out the place and spend a month or two before you make the big decision to move.

Thanks yeah, I just hear about so many people doing that on here and the quality of girls is better than American ones would be the main reason. Also it is pretty cool to live a lifestyle where you are hitting up a new city every month and can run game easily as opposed to being situated in one city. It all depends though.

Can you not hit up a new city each month and run game for a few days whilst being based in Florida for now? Or find a way to get a couple of months off work and do a big trip then return to work?

Yeah I can do that now! Your right, one of my goals was to learn fluent Spanish so the idea of living abroad was pretty cool. I also see people staying in Medellin, longer than my typical 4-5 days which I have done in the past and seems attractive. Only downfall I found when doing this is when I met a women she knows I am just there for a few days and don't get the same amount of interest as if I stayed longer, since she knows I am just passing through a few days.

Sounds good. The missing part to your plan is how you'd make money in Colombia.

Is there any way you can delegate your work at home to an assistant or something so that you could live abroad and still earn your money from home? Or could you just visit home occasionally to check on things? Or is there any way you could make money online? Or are you interested in working in Colombia? I saw a YouTube channel of a guy that would crowdsource funds online from Americans to buy beaten up old buildings in Colombia then convert them to luxury AirBnBs and then give those American investors a percentage of the profits. I'm not sure if that was his exact business model but it was something along those lines. Is there any way you could leverage your knowledge and skills to do something like that?

Exactly what my thinking is. In my business now I can't make money doing real estate because I have to be there. To work in Colombia doesn't make sense the only option is an online business or something that is done via internet. I do have an idea in mind that involves writing essays for college students. Companies like Papersnow.org, writemyessay.com, essayshark.com etc. You can outsource the work overseas which to my understanding I don't have to 1099 them. Not sure if I need an LLC but if I can get an income of $1500-2000 online I would be good.

No.

You live in Tampa. You can literally buy a direct 3 hour flight for a weekend trip.

I would build up an online income on the side and then quit the job once that income exceeded the income from your day job. If you focus and pick the right industry, then you can probably get there in 3-5 years.

Making $1,500/month while doing dumb online work in a third world country isn't fun.
Making $15,000/month while living in a third world country is fun.

Also, that business model is just arbitrage. The market will eventually even out.

Yeah that is true, I will say this though if your making $1500-2000 USD in a third world country it can be fine depending how you live. Of course more money is always better and it isn't a "get rich" scheme as opposed to staying the states and making money but for the few years it would take me to do that I would lose more valuable time of my life lol. You don't need to be rich to game girls and live anywhere. Most Airbnb's are about $400-550 in good areas in parts of Colombia, Mexico, Peru, etc. I guess eating at fancy restaurants going out bottle service and a sick pad helps to a degree. But being in shape walking around malls, meeting women at the gym, nightclubs, dance classes works too.

The third world is increasingly turning anti white and you're made aware that you aren't welcome and westerners regularly get murdered as well (South East Asia and South America).

People from high trust countries rarely can cope with being surrounded by impoverished, predatory untrustworthy and cunning third world people.

It's mainly something for people without much money that are willing to deal with the very large downsides of living in a third world country.

A service providing college essays and outsourcing the work overseas sounds great and getting to $1500-2000 per month sounds quite reasonable. If that is your plan, get going on that before you start planning your move.

The challenge with that business would be finding cheap writers who's English is good enough that it seems like English is their first language. To begin with, I'd personally edit all of their essays before giving them to the client then when you're making enough money, hire a native English speaker to be the editor. To find the writers, I'd try and poach interns or low level reporters from English language newspapers in poor countries (or just give them a side job) or look for English language students.

I wouldn't register your company in the USA because even if it's not criminally illegal, you'd certainly be very vulnerable to getting sued.

Quote: (04-02-2019 06:19 AM)AsiaBaller Wrote:  

People from high trust countries rarely can cope with being surrounded by impoverished, predatory untrustworthy and cunning third world people.

As trollish as I find your posts, that is true and it is a slowly grinding problem that slowly crept up on me when living in a 3rd world city. I then moved to a "rich" area that eliminated all of those problems and is still cheaper than living in a major Western city.

Living in the 3rd world is cheap but not THAT cheap, especially if you're looking to live like a king. $1500 gets you to the lower middle class in the more liveable South American capitals:

- You'll be able to afford a decent apartment, but nothing fantastic, assuming you're renting long term and unfurnished. Airbnb is not doable at that income level - decent Airbnbs start at $1000/monthly.
- You'll be able to afford nice night outs occasionally (not often and always minding how much you're spending).
- You'll be able to afford nice restaurants occasionally.
- You'll be able to afford private healthcare but not for the premium hospitals and services.

In other words, that income gets you some luxuries compared to the average person in those countries, but doesn't take you too far. People who aren't good at managing their finances could even struggle.

If you're seriously considering this, target $3000+ to be able to afford a comfortable lifestyle.

It's not all it's cracked up to be.

Tampa is a decent town. I'd stay put.

Ok thanks I just see all these people traveling living in all these cool places lol. Imagine banging all these foreign girls. Haha

Quote: (04-02-2019 09:03 AM)Fitman2018 Wrote:  

Ok thanks I just see all these people traveling living in all these cool places lol. Imagine banging all these foreign girls. Haha

You're getting the highlight reel bud. Basically the fake instagram feed of the hot girl who's a cashier at the mall. What's it really like long term? You hear about that a lot less.

-You get scammed in taxis.
-You worry about petty crime like getting robbed or pickpocked more.
-Locals in some places see you as an oddity or zoo animal, or downright weird for not being in the first world.
-Bureaucracy in the US is functional, no so in third world and parts of Europe. It is downright torture to even do the most routine thing. It is 10 times worse. The last time I was at the DMV I realized how pleasant it is. No hassling or anything about minute things.
-You're looking over your shoulder because because realize you have more wealth, and way better salary than them.
-The environmental standards are shit.
-You can't find the western conveniences you want, like Amazon and food items for example.
-Western culture has already crept in in all of these places.
-Women are almost more materialistic and vapid, really badly addicted to phones.
-Despite talk about being alpha, i suspect many of the men abroad are playing "beta-provider" game because they are older, or they have more money to throw around than local guys.
-You are an oddity because Westerners are not supposed to be in shitty places. You are judged for it all the time. The locals are trying to get to your country.
-People in some of these countries are fucking alpha in every sense of the word, and don't give a shit about Western values that we take for granted. You could get the shit beaten out of you or worse. They have nothing to loose, or are full of resent towards you.
-The police are completely dysfunctional and it is better to resolve things "informally". You can not bother them with your sob stories. They'll laugh.

These observations are not unique to any one place, I have to say that. Rather, they are some of my observations I've got while living and visiting a few places abroad (ie non-West).

And so on. Take some of the posts about joys of living abroad with a grain of salt.

For example, even Roosh is looking back at repatriating. I don't know his reasons, but I'm sure he wants to be closer to home.

A lot of tech nomads don't tell you the full story. They had to slog it out for years to get to that point. Or, they have trust funds, or mommy and daddy paying the way. Their income can be highly variable. And a lot of times they do have to slum it.

I'm not trying to be negative about living abroad, I'm just trying to give you a fuller picture. It's a case by case things. There are a shitton of positives to doing it. And I'm happy to tell you some of them if you have questions.

Nice ok I know, the living conditions are crap too and always fear of being robbed. I read his article about taking time off and banging girls in these cities and that’s why I got so inspired by it. Also many of these posts I read about trip reports and banging 9 girls in 30 days is what also seems to be catching me to that.

I would say you should try it, but always have some kind of an exit plan. The thing is if you don't try it, you will never know how it is and you might regret it at one point. And if it is nothing for you, well you just move back and you learned a valuable lesson.

My instinct is that if things are going well for you in your career in Tampa keep it rolling.

OP - you didn't mention if you speak Spanish ? This is a huge hurdle.

If not, maybe start by going to one of these cities you like and signing up at a low cost school in a good neighbourhood, learn the language and feel things out. You can day game, night game, swipe tinder and see how you do. Also check out some local sites and such.

“Where the danger is, so grows the saving element.” ~ German poet Hoelderlin

Quote: (04-02-2019 10:22 AM)NoMoreTO Wrote:  

My instinct is that if things are going well for you in your career in Tampa keep it rolling.

OP - you didn't mention if you speak Spanish ? This is a huge hurdle.

If not, maybe start by going to one of these cities you like and signing up at a low cost school in a good neighbourhood, learn the language and feel things out. You can day game, night game, swipe tinder and see how you do. Also check out some local sites and such.

+1

Yeah that is what I wanted to do speak Spanish, I just hate the fact that I would lose money without a job or business income going there for a month! I know Medellin has plenty of Spanish schools for like $800 USD for the month.

Other Idea I had basically my goal is to travel and have an income, was to work on a cruise ship. Not sure if it is easy to bang women doing that, I am guessing not because you have to share a cabin and the passengers would be off limits.

The USA is a cesspool of worthless women, emasculated men and getting worse daily etc. Get out and save yourself. I warn you the following is not for the faint of heart.

Step 1: become an E Resident of Estonia.you can do this from anywhere.

Step 2: open Business in Estonia and bank account with debit card. This can be done remotely.

Step 3: gain contract to sell remotely via the internet, phone and email some sort of product or service in the usa. Perhaps something associated with your realestate connections in Tampa.

Step 4: travel around and live in longer term airbnb apartments exploring a place that suits you best. enjoy the leverage of the powerful USD in locales with Feminine women, low cost of living etc.

Step 4:develop a plan to gain temporary residency in a country other than usa. Enjoy foreign earned incone exemption for like 100k a year per USA and 0% corporate tax in estonia.

I took the above path aproximately 5 years ago. It was the best decision of my life.