rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How would I proceed with this one?

This Very pretty, early 20s american lady is here in my english class in Brazil to assist the main teacher. Shes been here for a few weeks, knows nothing about portuguese, its going to stay for a long time. My english is kinda good I would say.

I've spoken to her during class for some times, and would bet I caught her attention. She always answers nicely my questions and jokes, but that happens with everyone since she needs to be like that cause shes helping students that are not good with english.

How would I proceed to this lady? If I be direct and she denies It, wouldnt it damage all the environment in class for the next months ? She's been here for little time, should I wait until she get used to this place First?

PS. I only see her once a week

What type of school situation is this? Depending on how your find yourself, proceed with caution.

Also, your English is good! That's going to help you a lot with this.

You have two routes: direct, and indirect.

Direct: Invite her to come with you to some culturally relevant event that she might not see on her own. Mention that you were going to it anyway, and offer for her to join you. You'll get her out of the classroom, and then have the chance to feel her out and see if she's attracted enough to you for you to push it.

Indirect: Tell her that you want to continue practicing English, and see if you can get her WhatsApp to do so. If she is interested in learning Portuguese, you can offer to teach her that as well. Over time, you can build up to the direct route, listed above.

Quote: (03-19-2019 11:52 AM)Investment Bro Wrote:  

What type of school situation is this? Depending on how your find yourself, proceed with caution.

Also, your English is good! That's going to help you a lot with this.

You have two routes: direct, and indirect.

Direct: Invite her to come with you to some culturally relevant event that she might not see on her own. Mention that you were going to it anyway, and offer for her to join you. You'll get her out of the classroom, and then have the chance to feel her out and see if she's attracted enough to you for you to push it.

Indirect: Tell her that you want to continue practicing English, and see if you can get her WhatsApp to do so. If she is interested in learning Portuguese, you can offer to teach her that as well. Over time, you can build up to the direct route, listed above.

Thats cool, gonna be careful with my approach then. Thanks!

If you are Brazilian, just get to it if you have a good facial appearance!

Portuguese:

Caso você seja brasileiro, só chegue nela se você tiver uma boa aparência facial!

Quote: (03-22-2019 05:21 AM)Hombre de hielo Wrote:  

If you are Brazilian, just get to it if you have a good facial appearance!

Portuguese:

Caso você seja brasileiro, só chegue nela se você tiver uma boa aparência facial!

Nice face appearance! I got it! I consider myself an 8.

Portuguese:

Boa aparência facial? hausaushaushadasd ah o bom e velho português. Me considero um 8.

In Western countries, the stereotypical Brazilian man (or Latino in general) is direct. This is attractive to many Western woman. Chances are that she unconsciously signed up for the assistant teachers job so that she can experience some adventures (and have some juicy stories for her besties back home).
So my recommendation is to go direct.
As mentioned by another user, invite her to some distinctive Brazilian event or place, that makes you more exotic in your eyes, which is very helpful.
Good luck!

A faint heart never fucked a fair maiden.

Go direct, and let her know what you want, ask her out and escalate.