rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Which Work Shift Do You Prefer?

I've been working overnight in retail for 2 years now and I'm looking at doing work elsewhere. A lot of places want you to work the shifts no one else wants. I have a potential offer for a 2nd shift job (working til midnight) which includes weekends. I think a 2nd shift job would be even more detrimental to my social life, though I'll at least sleep better and have a somewhat normal life again. I never realized how much of a blessing it can be to have a normal 9-5...[Image: undecided.gif]

So what are your experiences with different shifts? How did they affect your life/relationships/health and which would you recommend?

I'm currently working early morning to afternoon (6a-3p)

I like it because it allows me enough time to do other shit during the day, but its very socially limiting. Most social activities during the week dont really start till around 9p, and with this schedule I'd ideally BE IN BED at 9p. I like that it lets me hit the gym, and it means that OT at work doesn't have me there till all hours of the night, but it was much more acceptable a year ago when I was a vidya game playin dork. Now that I pine for socialization (and poon) its not so good.

My ideal schedule would be the one I had just after highschool, four 10 hour days a week, with three days off.

Also as far as health goes, a big issue with me on my current schedule is occasionally I'll get into something late at night and not get to bed till midnight then I'm absolutely worthless the next day, the schedule is very unforgiving.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

i think alot of it depends on you. i've always been a natural night person who is up late can cant image a 6am-3pm shift. in my ideal world i'd do like 11-7. get off, have dinner, go out.