rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where can you buy the cheapest super mansion houses?

I'm going to live in a mansion similar to this in the future:

But I wonder where in the world luxury houses like this are most affordable? Any idea?

Ask Jon Bozzz he lives in one.

India if you want the cheap labor that comes with a house like that

Genuine luxury houses are expensive everywhere, as the interiors for a luxury house cost a lot.

But you can get McMansions cheap in South Dakota.

[Image: Screenshot-at-2019-02-20-14-33-14.png]

Bulgaria from about $100K, more by the sea, Thailand from about $250K, Russia from about $600K.

Anything genuine anywhere is going to cost a few million and there isn't much difference in the price by country, only by locality. i.e. a mansion in Gulshan, Dhaka Bangladesh will cost you about $10 million; while in rural Utah you could get the same for about $3 million.

Venezuela.

My friend from Dallas, TX said housing is really cheap over there.

Indiana. Check out houses in Hamilton County, specifically Carmel and Zionsville.
Both have kind of a snob vibe to them and decent looking and tolerable chicks are hard to find, but not none existant. Carmel continually gets voted as one of the top places to live in the US as well. Definitely worth a look.

An affordable mansion of that caliber is still MINIMUM $3,000,000.

But personally, that's way too big I would rather have one of these.

With this being my favorite ever.

But I could live in a minimalistic 50k house as long as I have an equally priced home theater in it.

Go on Jamesedition.com

Quote: (02-20-2019 02:07 PM)kaotic Wrote:  

Ask Jon Bozzz he lives in one.

I've been on this forum for far too long to get that joke.

Maybe some good deals in Detroit due to all the abandonment of the city. Don't know though, haven't looked into the matter deeply.

Quote: (02-20-2019 02:54 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

Constantly going up in price...and the property taxes? Sheesh

The Hamptons or Malibu.

Quote: (02-20-2019 06:16 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

The Hamptons or Malibu.

Vancouver offers some great deals too, especially on more compact mansions.

Quote: (02-20-2019 06:32 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

The Hamptons or Malibu.

You're talking about the shacks in West Van or the waterfront places out by UBC right?

Quote: (02-20-2019 07:23 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2019 06:32 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

The Hamptons or Malibu.

You're talking about the shacks in West Van or the waterfront places out by UBC right?

Yes. Vancouver is also a great drug free environment for raising kids. Also the multiculturalism ensures they get a good grasp of Mandarin in primary school.

Quote: (02-20-2019 05:56 PM)Brosemite Wrote:  

Yeah she was probably comparing it to equivalent houses in Auckland or Christchurch, or perhaps even the US as a whole.

Quote: (02-20-2019 07:26 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

Yeah she was probably comparing it to equivalent houses in Auckland or Christchurch, or perhaps even the US as a whole.

Do they have a billionaire's row over there in NZ? Those tech bros (beta preppers) are buying up the whole country, so they're overdue one. It could end up the London of the Southern Hemisphere if NZ markets it correctly.

Quote: (02-20-2019 07:29 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

Do they have a billionaire's row over there in NZ? Those tech bros (beta preppers) are buying up the whole country, so they're overdue one. It could end up the London of the Southern Hemisphere if NZ markets it correctly.

From what I know actual billionaires buying stuff here doesn't really make an impact.

The major factors are:

1) The Kiwi government having major restrictions on building highrises or in farm areas (zoning etc), plus super strict regulations on building, from what I heard regulations alone make costs around double what they should

2) Kiwi delusion as to how good NZ/buying houses are

3) Chinese delusion as to how good NZ/buying houses are. Here it is more understandable as perhaps you might not want to buy a house in polluted China. And also you might be desperate to get assets out of the clutches of the CCP. That being said I still believe they are overpaying for Kiwi assets if they have access at all to alternatives(Aussie/Canadian houses).

We're cheaper than London I believe but more expensive than the vast majority of places and certainly for our city size.

Quote: (02-20-2019 07:48 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2019 07:29 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

From what I know actual billionaires buying stuff here doesn't really make an impact.

The major factors are:

1) The Kiwi government having major restrictions on building highrises or in farm areas (zoning etc), plus super strict regulations on building, from what I heard regulations alone make costs around double what they should

2) Kiwi delusion as to how good NZ/buying houses are

3) Chinese delusion as to how good NZ/buying houses are. Here it is more understandable as perhaps you might not want to buy a house in polluted China. And also you might be desperate to get assets out of the clutches of the CCP. That being said I still believe they are overpaying for Kiwi assets if they have access at all to alternatives(Aussie/Canadian houses).

We're cheaper than London I believe but more expensive than the vast majority of places and certainly for our city size.

That’s interesting. So they’re a bit protectionist or anti-housing in some ways.

I can’t imagine how much a single family home is running over there. In some parts of the US a decent house can be had for a couple hundred thousand, of course depending on what part of the country you are in. Of course we have a lot of land, and zoning can be pretty lenient especially outside of urban areas or even in some suburbs… Which are sprawling by most accounts.

1) Restricting the housing market is a problem, and I would hate to live there. Sounds like California where they have a monopoly like structure set up preventing the building of affordable single family housing.

2) Agreed

3) Chinese will do that. They want to expatriate their money and real estate holdings, somewhat of a similar situation in Vancouver, California and Australia. They also want rule of law and good property rights, understandable because they don’t want their houses being bulldozed or seized. Of course they contribute to the inflation in property costs.

I think it's a mix of many things. Kiwis are just very apathetic to dysfunction in general, unreasonably high housing prices is one of the manifestations of that.

Government doesn't want high rises nor houses all the way out. Kiwis roll with it and agree, because they don't like the vibe/atmosphere of dense city centres nor do they want areas to be too developed. They don't realise the huge benefits of building though. Similarly homeowners often don't want house prices to fall, so politicians often are incentivised to keep house prices high, or at least not solve the problem.

Our typical Auckland house is close to a million dollars NZD and over that in many areas. We call them "million dollar suburbs". (Edit: from time of posting, it is ~685k USD) Our houses are also substandard and inferior relative to American/European houses, the building standards are about 30-40 years behind, many houses don't even have central heating and we believe that is normal. And American houses are significantly larger.

Very interesting.

In many leftist countries, perhaps paradoxically, they do everything they can to prevent affordable housing. Is that a byproduct of leftism? Maybe. It's "not in my backyard" taken to an extreme.

Man, that is expensive, and I'd be angry if I lived there. That is truly third world. But us americans have an incredible fascination with nice houses. Maybe we need to get with the program and get everyone in condos. Who knows, maybe we could really help the environment.

But again, our city planning is vastly different than comparable city planning in Europe and other places. Cars are a necessity outside of New York and a few other large cities.

No it's not, please don't talk about stuff you don't know about. Housing prices just doubled in 5 years. It's expensive as fuck and not getting better any time soon with all these Fortune 500 companies moving in.

We don't need more people in Dallas.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (02-20-2019 08:30 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

Man, that is expensive, and I'd be angry if I lived there. That is truly third world. But us americans have an incredible fascination with nice houses. Maybe we need to get with the program and get everyone in condos. Who knows, maybe we could really help the environment.

But again, our city planning is vastly different than comparable city planning in Europe and other places. Cars are a necessity outside of New York and a few other large cities.

I like nice houses also. The key thing to realise is Kiwis do not(well, they don't really care all that much). If you come here and are visibly mad, they just won't understand and will find it very easy to paint you as unstable/unreasonable/complainy. The key is emotional stability. Or just avoid altogether.

If you or other people have read my posts on NZ much before you might find I am negative on NZ. I strongly believe normal people will not like NZ. There are just too many flaws/dysfunction that is just ridiculous. Kiwis don't realise this, thus there is a rosier picture painted than is justified. They also make NZ seem very similar to western countries, maybe it's similar to Australia but for the most part that flat out isn't true. I strongly recommend most people avoid NZ unless they are coming here for a good reason

WRT cars/public transport, while I do like big, nice houses, I also like the idea of being able to get around without needing to drive. I'm torn between what kind of city/place I want to live. Of course living in Auckland you sort of have the worst of both worlds.

Quote: (02-20-2019 08:37 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

Quote: (02-20-2019 08:30 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

I like nice houses also. The key thing to realise is Kiwis do not(well, they don't really care all that much). If you come here and are visibly mad, they just won't understand and will find it very easy to paint you as unstable/unreasonable/complainy. The key is emotional stability. Or just avoid altogether.

If you or other people have read my posts on NZ much before you might find I am negative on NZ. I strongly believe normal people will not like NZ. There are just too many flaws/dysfunction that is just ridiculous. Kiwis don't realise this, thus there is a rosier picture painted than is justified. They also make NZ seem very similar to western countries, maybe it's similar to Australia but for the most part that flat out isn't true. I strongly recommend most people avoid NZ unless they are coming here for a good reason

WRT cars/public transport, while I do like big, nice houses, I also like the idea of being able to get around without needing to drive. I'm torn between what kind of city/place I want to live. Of course living in Auckland you sort of have the worst of both worlds.

They’re living in false reality that doesn’t mirror the reality at all in other more competitive markets. It’s the island effect in other words.

Something at play is tall-poppy syndrome, where they feel the need to cut everyone else own to size. And you have insular media in some ways like Australia or other small countries. I’m sure the government pushes a lot of the stuff too.

Ideally you have urban density and affordable suburbs to get the best of both worlds.