rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

April: Bangkok vs Columbia vs Brazil vs ?

Me: 40 but looks early 30s, pale, ginger-blonde (pretty much blonde in Summer), 210lb, 6', 18% bodyfat (I could probably cut a bit off that with the proper motivation). Some game and an increasingly strong frame, but I'm not making any serious claims in this department.

I'm about to finish a contract in London, then I'm doing a 5 day Improv course as my CPD for the year, then holiday.......I am thinking a month, though 6-7 weeks could be done. I could move around, but I don't want to make too many stops.

I have a friend who lives in Bangkok but is moving in a few months. He teaches English, but is iirc part Thai and probably speaks the language. He probably doesn't have any money and not much more game but it's my last chance for him to show me around. So I was thinking of going there, but I am concerned about the heat and wondering if I might have missed the high season and thus might have more fun in South America - either Brazil or Columbia. I think I may have missed peak beach season there, but I'm not actually that into beaches really.

So curious as to what people think. If people have better suggestions for April/May then I'd love to hear them.

Budget isn't a major issue. I'd probably rather not blow through 10K USD in 2 months, but.....I could.

So what do you think?

Is it your first time travelling far away from home? Then, I suggest going to Bangkok, because your friend can probably show you around and you might not be caught off-guard by certain things (getting sick, getting lost, etc). Moreover Bangkok is a bit safer and if you don't really have the street smarts, I suggest not going to Brazil or Colombia (I guess you meant Colombia, right?). Although Colombia and Brazil are also very touristic, it is very likely that people don't speak English.
And since budget isn't an issue, how about getting Duolingo, learning some Spanish, going to Bangkok and later on you might plan your next trip for Colombia. 10K USD is more than enough for those two trips. I suggest going in February next year, if you want to escape the depressive weather of Europe.

Is my age likely to be an issue with the girls in Bangkok?

And in case you ponder, I don't mind buying a girl a drink but I am not a sexpat.

And it's not exactly first time far from home, but kinda because USA barely counts. I did 4 1/2 months in Sofia, but that isn't that wild.

I am back leaning towards Bangkok.

I could have finished in February and I kinda regret taking the extension, but y'know ? is good.

Stay away from Brazil. The violence is intense and there is a steeper learning curve with the girls.

Colombia and Brazil seem too risky to have an enjoyable holiday. I would only go with a Spanish or Portuguese speaking buddy.

If you don't speak local language, aren't street smart and never went to third world countries, I strongly advice to keep away from Brazil and Colombia...

Brazilian girls will see you as a moron and reject you (being gringo is a handicap around here)
Colombian girls will se you as a easy target to take advantage of and rip you off

I agree. Third world countries are good if you know what your doing and have experience otherwise places like Colombia and Brazil can easily turn into a disaster for you. Not everyone but a large portion of the women in Medellin are really only after the money from Gringo's and is overplayed. Not saying all of them are, another option is too look into places like Cancun, Punta Cana, Miami cruises etc you will be safer and women are in "party" mode and do things they normally don't do. If you have your heart set on Latin America I would recommend Panama City, safer than Colombia and Brazil and I found the locals to be pretty receptive and Casco Viejo also gets tourists who want a good time. A lot of people hype that women are easy there In Colombia but it is a mixed bag. The experience is good to be in a foreign country and scenery etc but don't go there thinking the women will "throw" themselves at your because your a gringo. If you speak Spanish, dress well, look good then yeah but that is the same about any country to be honest. Don't have any experience with Bangkok.

Quote: (02-15-2019 06:51 AM)Bounder Wrote:  

And it's not exactly first time far from home, but kinda because USA barely counts. I did 4 1/2 months in Sofia, but that isn't that wild.

I am back leaning towards Bangkok.

I could have finished in February and I kinda regret taking the extension, but y'know ? is good.

Yes definitely go for Bangkok then. Been in Bulgaria as well and I can tell you it is still too different from South America in general. First enjoy Bangkok, get some experience, get your Spanish up a bit and plan well ahead when you decide to go for your next vacation to Colombia. Pipelining can be a good option too. Idk if latincupid is still there but if not try interpals.net.